Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Burning Incense and Incense FU

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Good o ... what pot do you use and what do you fill it with?

:D

Taoist burn incense everyday for their own altar. That is part of their training, and part of their life. Everything cannot get aawy from incense burning. Burning incense means alot to taoist, including paying respect, and also a way to upload your energy to the altar and communicate with different dimension of immortals. We can also communicate with other masters with incense.

When we burn incense, we must first choose the right type of incense, with yellow top and a red handle bottom. The incense must be well made and not so called "smokeless type". It must be natural and made with sandlewood. This ensure the incense to be pure and the message can be fully send to wherever you want it to go to.

Now, you light 3 incense with the oil lamp on the altar, or with matches. Light the yellow end, do not blow the flame out, let it goes down naturally or just give the incense a lift, you will be able to set off the flame.

Stand infront of the altar, stand up straight, feet together, hold the incense with your left hand, holding the incense on the red part with your 2,3,4,5 finger, thumb pressing on the incense on the 2nd figner spot, like a palm. Right hand hold the right hand like the same way. Incense hold in your head level, center, straight up.

The taoist bow 3 times and think of nothing. Pure minded.

Then stand up to the incense pot and put them in one by one, 3 incense parallel to each other in a same row. Then go back and do 3 bow(s).

If you are a taoist, you shall also draw an incense FU when you are holding the incense in front of the altar. This attune yourself to send message to the dimension where the grandmasters are. Here I attached a picture of the incense fu we draw when burning incense.

If you are talking about a normal altar, usually use brass pot and fill it up with something like fine sand. Gray in color. It's like very light powder.

Good o ... what pot do you use and what do you fill it with?

:D

If you are talking about a normal altar, usually use brass pot and fill it up with something like fine sand. Gray in color. It's like very light powder.

Graci ... :D

You can just use one of them when you do incense burning.

But when you burn incense in other temple. don't use it because you do not know their rules, so you shall ask the host before you do any spells or FU in the incense.

When we burn incense, we must first choose the right type of incense, with yellow top and a red handle bottom. The incense must be well made and not so called "smokeless type". It must be natural and made with sandlewood.

I agree with what you have posted with the exception of the "yellow top and a red handle bottom". I assume this is a specific brand with which you have had good results. There are also other sandlewood incense brands that work very well. I use a high quality one made in Japan. But you are SO correct in that many of the products made for general market do not have the high vibration of quality sandlewood, so the buyer should really investigate and not just purchase just any type of sandlewood incense.

I have saw a kind of "modern" incense in hong kong before, it is sold in some temple, the incense is like yellow in color and black when burn, after burning the whole thing, the ash will not fall and it reveals some chinese words with the residue standing up, the letters is a divination given. haha! cool stuff!

Sign in to follow this