Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

parlour tricks?

So I am very interested in parlour tricks that you can do with chi. Do you think we could make a list of all the parlour tricks you can do with chi?

Here is what i have so far.

light light bulb

start fire

throw sewing needle/chopstick

hamer nail into wood

break beer bottle

break wood/cement

push fingers through pop can apple

I am also wondering how one would train to do this parlour trick?

I'll add a few more parlour tricks popular with the Taiji crowd:

Withstand the push of 20 people.

Knock people over without touching them.

Bounce people far up and away into the air.

Dropping a qi charged lightbulb on a china plate without it breaking

Lift 5lb dumbell with qi charged thin thread

Knock out the bottom of a bottom

Keep attacker at bay without touch

Remote healing.

Levels of tetada kalimasada

Its a bit of a parlour trick, but takes some practice in timing and extension. Withstanding the push of 20 people. We used to do it quite a bit in Ki Aikido. The truth is 2 people are harder then one, and 3 is harder then 2. The funny thing is after 3 it gets easier, people force collide with each other, they're not used to the position and aren't able to coordinate there strength.

So if you can do 3 you can do 10,000. The trick is initial conditions. As the first pushes, push against them just as they make contact. This neutralizes much of there force. Its easier to show then write about, but its not that hard a skill.

My sensei John Eley had may cool tricks. He'd hold up a wooden pole chest high in the middle with one finger. He'd have two large men at each end push against it as he held the jo out. If they were balanced he'd push them both back w/ his one finger. Otherwise you could see if one pusher was stronger then other John would remain still and you can see the other pusher being pushed away by the fulcrum effect.

I never did master that one. If he held a bokken (wooden sword) out you'd be able to push against it sidewise and it wouldn't move. I think he could do two people pushing sideways against a sword.

Easy parlour tricks, things like the unbendable arm is easy, just relaxed extension. There's the unbendable body where you 'lay down' have you're head on one chair feet on another, so you're spread out. You then have 3 or 4 people sit on you. Hypnotists use that one, again its a matter of relaxed extension.

Board breaking is a parlour trick to some extent. I've seen beginners break double boards with no training as long as they made a tight fist, had confidence and good follow through. Imagery helps in all of the above.

Tricks I'd like to work on is having my chi influence a candle flame. Nothing dramatic, but being able to move it a bit. Beyond trickery I'd like to work on longer breath cycles of over a minute. I'm currently working on tumo.

Michael

Its a bit of a parlour trick, but takes some practice in timing and extension. Withstanding the push of 20 people. We used to do it quite a bit in Ki Aikido. The truth is 2 people are harder then one, and 3 is harder then 2. The funny thing is after 3 it gets easier, people force collide with each other, they're not used to the position and aren't able to coordinate there strength.

So if you can do 3 you can do 10,000. The trick is initial conditions. As the first pushes, push against them just as they make contact. This neutralizes much of there force. Its easier to show then write about, but its not that hard a skill.

My sensei John Eley had may cool tricks. He'd hold up a wooden pole chest high in the middle with one finger. He'd have two large men at each end push against it as he held the jo out. If they were balanced he'd push them both back w/ his one finger. Otherwise you could see if one pusher was stronger then other John would remain still and you can see the other pusher being pushed away by the fulcrum effect.

I never did master that one. If he held a bokken (wooden sword) out you'd be able to push against it sidewise and it wouldn't move. I think he could do two people pushing sideways against a sword.

Easy parlour tricks, things like the unbendable arm is easy, just relaxed extension. There's the unbendable body where you 'lay down' have you're head on one chair feet on another, so you're spread out. You then have 3 or 4 people sit on you. Hypnotists use that one, again its a matter of relaxed extension.

Board breaking is a parlour trick to some extent. I've seen beginners break double boards with no training as long as they made a tight fist, had confidence and good follow through. Imagery helps in all of the above.

Tricks I'd like to work on is having my chi influence a candle flame. Nothing dramatic, but being able to move it a bit. Beyond trickery I'd like to work on longer breath cycles of over a minute. I'm currently working on tumo.

Michael

Wim Hof is a pretty cool tumo dude.

Un-Bendable Arm (Common in Aikido)

Bed Of Nails,Classic in many Qigong Performances.

Rubbing Fingers together to cause smoke. (done by using residue of burnt matchbox flint,simply put on finger & rub together,smoke will appear from the fingertips) Discussed in the Vagabonds Book by Leung Ting.

Bed Of Nails,Common in many qigong performances.

Go check out Youtube,theres an indian show called "Guru Busters". It exposes many things like levitation,Burying oneself alive, and many more parlour tricks.

:)

Un-Bendable Arm (Common in Aikido)

Bed Of Nails,Classic in many Qigong Performances.

Rubbing Fingers together to cause smoke. (done by using residue of burnt matchbox flint,simply put on finger & rub together,smoke will appear from the fingertips) Discussed in the Vagabonds Book by Leung Ting.

Bed Of Nails,Common in many qigong performances.

Go check out Youtube,theres an indian show called "Guru Busters". It exposes many things like levitation,Burying oneself alive, and many more parlour tricks.

:)

LOL many things can be faked--that does not mean that everyone who does them is fake --oh ye of little faith and practice :)

Lighting a fire with Qi and leaving a palm print without touching someone is not palour tricks its high level Qi Cultivation!

Ape

I think he meant show off skills when he said parlor trick.

Sign in to follow this