Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Wee Kee Jin

http://www.taijiquan.co.nz/notes.htm

Starting here, then just keep clicking the next button...lots of good stuff. Thanks to 'mouse', who posted about him in the introductions forum.

No problem Scotty. Not sure how well the articles will be accepted as most people prefer to believe in their own versions of "Taichi".

Think the hardest bit for people to understand is true yielding and neutralising.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

At least for me as a non taiji guy, these articles cleared up a lot of what Sifu Mizner says. But I doubt I'm truly understanding without having practiced the principles. No teacher is nearby so...

But it's awesome to learn about this.

No problem Scotty. Not sure how well the articles will be accepted as most people prefer to believe in their own versions of "Taichi".

Think the hardest bit for people to understand is true yielding and neutralising.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Had bookmarked this to get a better look at it as time allows.

A very timely post, for this child, liked the opening page and the info on it.

Was working on some stuff to do with sequences(in the body) and alignments and this

gave me some stuff to think about and question in what I was working with, cool.

Have been working on doing a few moves as a loop or a sequence(form)

for about a half hour or so a day but it hadn't been feeling "connected" in some places,

this gave me a different view point to examine.

Will probably have much more to say as I get more time to check the site out better.

Don't know this system at all but the principles are still tai chi it looks like?

Not sure what problems folks would have with it if they are there?

(LOL, Of Coarse, My Style-Teacher-kin-of-shoe-is-better-fluff

always seems to come up with folks but that's just fluff! Not worth squat.

That's not what we learn from usually :) so no worries!)

have you trained in this style?

Thanks for the link!

... interesting timing.

Stay well, shon

Edited by shontonga

have you trained in this style?

Stay well, shon

shon,

I believe Wee Kee Jin was a live in disciple for 7 years with Master Huang and there is some info there on the website on him.

The Heaven Man Earth system comes from the same line of Huang Taiji.

Master Huang used to say all families of Taiji come under one roof so long as they follow the principles. They are rare.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Sign in to follow this