Mak_Tin_Si

why have YIN and YANG

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Thanks for the information really enjoyed it, drawing the Yin Yang symbol also a Fu isnt it, with the right energy and mind whilst doing it?

Ape

Yes the yin yang symbol is a FU but you need a spell to go with it while drawing it. Usually you can draw it to open a channel or close a channel depending what way you draw the symbol.

There is a correct way to draw it and if you do it wrong, you go counter nature and draw evil energy out.

Thanks for the information really enjoyed it, drawing the Yin Yang symbol also a Fu isnt it, with the right energy and mind whilst doing it?

Ape

Thankyou, would you been kind to share some basics on drawing the Yin Yang and how it all ties together when you do the Fu and Mantra?

This is a great informative thread thankyou for sharing...

Ape

Yin and Yang symbol really have a few forms.

First, a solid ● and a empty ○ is already two symbol. These are the symbol of Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang which is the extreme yin and extreme yang symbol. These are used when drawing fu. You may see it on some taoist robes too.

Then the taichi symbol.. try to see it this way, nature is spinning clockwise, so the symbol shall go clockwise motion. If you find it going the other way, that means it is going AGAINST nature.

The black part shall be at the bottom symbolizing the negative sink down and the positve raise up. That is how nature works naturally. If black on the top, that means you maybe going the evil way.

Doing this you have to remind yourself the S line in the center shall be drawn flipped, so the motion is going clockwise instead. This is the RIGHT way of doing a yin yang symbol.

FU always use taichi logo, even in stamps. Different schools uses different spells, hard to share and let you try it out except if you are learning under my lineage.

Thankyou, would you been kind to share some basics on drawing the Yin Yang and how it all ties together when you do the Fu and Mantra?

This is a great informative thread thankyou for sharing...

Ape

Hi, You are right, the taichi logo IS going from the tail to head and head to tail, in a clockwise motion. See it more carefully, you can look at it as if they are two comets chasing each others. Like a ball leaving a trail behind. You will know what I am talking about.

Hello,

There is something I have wondered about, maybe you can help me understand this. Please excuse that I need to use simplistic examples to explain my question.

yin_yang.gif

When I look at the taichi symbol spin, it looks like two fish, one black one white, chasing each other clockwise around in a circle. Looking at either the white or the black - as it moves, first comes the fullness of the big head... and then it tapers down into the narrow tail and then diminishes completely.

Okay, here's my question. In the true nature of things... the path and pattern of nature is actually in the other direction.

Instead of big at first and then tapering down, life is small at first and grows slowly and then gains momentum until it reaches its fullness then peak!! and then a quick decline. Human/animal life, plant life, weather patterns, storms, physics, all things hold this pattern: Small start, more growth, fullest peak, quick decline. Think of water forming behind a dam, building more and more pressure until bam! dam breaks, water rushes out. For my taichi fish to reflect this - they would have to be chasing each other tail first, instead of head first !

Forward movement, reflected as first small increasing to fullest then quick decline, would mean the taichi symbol should move in a counter-clockwise direction - if it wants to accurately reflect the pattern that goes with nature. Yes?

I look forward to your thoughts and thank you in advance.

WM

The direction of the spin here in your picture is spinning CLOCKWISE. which you can see is the big ball head chasing the tail. Energy is born when spinning clockwise, like a drill, drilling in. When you go counter-clockwise, it drills out.

Spinning clock wise give birth, count clock wise give death. you can try to get what I am saying by drawing two diagrams and you shall know.

Planets also spin clock wise to go the nature's way.

In Jupiter, there are 4 moons around that planets that spin counter clock wise and those small moons create great radiation with the big planet jupiter which expands to planet earth and give harmful energy to human every year. That is call Fan-Tai-Sui energy in taoism term.

Thanks for your reply and yes, I know what you're talking about. My question was about something else, it was about the direction of spin.

The taichi diagram spinning counter-clockwise would more accurately reflect the pattern of the nature of life. Spinning "tail first" actually mirrors the "first small then larger then maximum then quick decline" pattern of nature.

Perhaps someone else here can better describe what I'm asking, or knows the answer. I've heard that answers are easy once the questions are understood. :D

WM

Also chinese saying "going with nature give birth and good luck, going against nature give bad luck and lead to corruption."

Taichi is symbolizing the whole nature, which spin clockwise. just like all planets around. If one planets go coutner clockwise, that planets create harmful problems and lead to corruption. For sure.

You will also find the way how it works with the logo here.

Look at how the planet spin around the sun.

Yin and Yang combined create the pattern.

It seems not all planets spin clock wise.

size5earth.gif

Perhaps it would be better for me to recall that direction depends on perspective, and for me to not want the moving taichi diagram to be more than it is. Seeing something for more than it is, or reading into things, reflects only what is already in our own heads - and we can always find supporting evidence and examples to back up what we already think, or want to be true.

Thanks again for your replies.

WM

The YIN and YANG combines and create a full. Same to the planet, if you flip it up side down. The Yin and Yang matched for the plenet and the way how it orbits around the sun. One goes yin and one goes yang, That is how they combine to become a whole.

The Taichi logo you usually saw it a standard logo for just one stage. But for your info, there are also another logo that can add on to the limitation you have mentioned and describe the stage of YIN-extreme give birth to YANG. 陰極陽生,陽極陰生.

Taichi logo have many versions describing many stages in nature, the one you got is just one of them.

Yes, let's look at how the planet spins around the sun. A two dimensional picture can show the earth orbiting around the sun in a clockwise position. But the picture is shown as a "top view looking down". However, if you were below and looking upwards at that same thing, the orbit is counter-clockwise. You can prove this for yourself.

Take a thin sheet of paper and a heavy marker. Draw a sun in the middle, put a little planet next to it and draw the orbit of the planet around the sun. Be sure to put an arrow on the orbit to show the clockwise direction. Now look under the paper, like you were looking at the planet/sun/orbit from below it. Hold it up to a lamp if you need, to see the markings through the back of the paper.

See the arrow? See the direction of planet spin around the sun?

From the perspective "below view looking up", the spin is naturally counter-clockwise.

Mak Tin Si,

I am not here to debate with you, there is no reason for that. I was only curious if you also saw the limitation and you have answered my question in that regard.

WM

Mak,

How often does the Taoist worship the sun and is there a Sun God or mantra, Fu for Sun worship i guess so there are alot of Gods in Taoism?

Ape :)

Yes, the is a god in taoism call Tai Yang Sing Gwan, 太陽星君 and Tai Yin Sing Gwan 太陰星君 that we worshipped. They are god of the sun and god of the moon. Also have mantras and FU as always. In Chi in Nature's temple, we have opened the altar for them too!

There are over 36000 god in taoism religion, still more to come. But mainly we worship those that have linkage to us only. In our temple, we have worshipped over 36 gods with statue / picture. The others we also worship with mantras, spells.. countless.

Mak,

How often does the Taoist worship the sun and is there a Sun God or mantra, Fu for Sun worship i guess so there are alot of Gods in Taoism?

Ape :)

Have you ever heard of or do you know if the "words" Yin and Yang are used as a Mantra?

YYYYYIIIIIINNNNN - YYYYAAAAANNNNNGGGG ETC?

the word as a single mantra?? Huh?

There are mantras for Tai-Yang and Tai-Yin of course. To withdraw energy from the two source.

Have you ever heard of or do you know if the "words" Yin and Yang are used as a Mantra?

YYYYYIIIIIINNNNN - YYYYAAAAANNNNNGGGG ETC?

the word as a single mantra?? Huh?

There are mantras for Tai-Yang and Tai-Yin of course. To withdraw energy from the two source.

Care to mention them or isnt this suitable to be posted online ?

Kind regards, Mike

You need that in Chinese??? That mantra is in Chinese though..

Care to mention them or isnt this suitable to be posted online ?

Kind regards, Mike

I was mentioning chanting either Yin or Yang words YIIINNN or YYAANNGG the reason i ask is that Mantak Chia in one of his books has this chanting for healing the organs and he also chants the 8 Triagrams (Bagua) is this true does Taoist chant the Bagua or I Ching?

Ape

Mantak Chia is not a Taoist. He is just trying to make money from Gwai Lo (westerners) because he is a scolar who write books and flower up his words. Don't believe in even 5% of what he said.

Taoist do not chat the bgwa and i-ching.

BaGwa is a theory and a knowledge, same as I-Ching, you do not chant with it, it makes no sense to chant with these instead of knowing it and studying it.

The stuff we chant actually have usage and really have power and energy attuned in it. Such as the Ching Jing ging we do everyday, there is an attunement to the Ging too.

I was mentioning chanting either Yin or Yang words YIIINNN or YYAANNGG the reason i ask is that Mantak Chia in one of his books has this chanting for healing the organs and he also chants the 8 Triagrams (Bagua) is this true does Taoist chant the Bagua or I Ching?

Ape

• Like 1

Mantak Chia is just famous because he promote to the west.. but there are just too much good masters out there who teach chi gung better than him. He is just so famous for his SEX chi gung. which we taoist consider a EVIL DAOISM method. Not in taoism at all. He just got too evil.

Mak,

Thanks for clearing that up for alot of people that train Healing Tao!

Ape