Sign in to follow this  
altiora

Qigong Practitioner from Wellington, NZ

Hi

A qigong practitioner from New Zealand. Have practiced in several qigong forms, mainly zhineng.

Am searching (perhaps vainly) for a form that allows me to understand the law of life. Find many qigong forms feel more like self applied acupuncture sessions, or else leave me ungrounded (being a lawyer my qi goes straight to the head due to thinking all day).

I love circle walking -- it roots me, creates an amazing core of energy in myself and the centre of the external circle. But I'm finding the martial arts applications of modern day Bagua not entirely to my taste. If any one can point me to someone teaching the more spiritual, meditation orientated ba gua circle walking, star stepping etc, I would be very grateful.

I have attempted Hua Ching Ni's Cosmic Tour Bagua, but concluded that without a teacher I would fail miserably. I tried the static qigong but need some movement to assist stop the very active monkey mind. And I would love a form that allows me to contact the spiritual beings who can assist me on my spiritual path.

Hi Altiora,

Welcome to the 'bums from a down under bum. Good lucking in your quest to find the form the resonates with you. We cover a lot of practices here, perhaps something will appeal.

Have fun

Welcome neighbour from another down under bum. I would totally recommend Taijiquan for what you seek.

Have you explored any other of Ni Hua Ching's works?

Oh and how do you like your tea?

:D

Thanks guys.

As for the tea: I love Jasmine Dragon Pearls (a mixture of green and white teas infused in jasmine). Absolutely divine: see www.tleaft.co.nz.

Read quite a bit of Hua Ching Ni: unfortunately he seems to have been the subject of a smear campaign on amazon.com (the same person posting the same message on every book). While I think that he is orthodox Daoist in his main books, the amazon smear campaign has left a residual sense of doubt about him. I do however love his book of "The Taoist Inner View of the Universe" and his "Spirtual Handbook" -- with its blunt advice just chose a practice and stick with it for life (the simplest being the best), and his providing of Daoist invocations for use.

Interestingly, I'm currently preparing to conversion to the Eastern Orthodoxy, and it's amazing the similarities between Orthodoxy and Daoism (as described by Hua Ching Ni) -- both talk about creation being a matrix of energies emanating from God/Dao. Of course there are clear differences -- I'm not one of these people who ignore them -- but it seems to me that they are trying to describe the indescrible same story.

Hi Altiora,

Welcome to the 'bums from a down under bum. Good lucking in your quest to find the form the resonates with you. We cover a lot of practices here, perhaps something will appeal.

Have fun

Kia Ora!!! :D

Awesome another Kiwi Im originally from Christchurch but now living in the UK.

I too studied a little Zhineng (im assuming you mean chigung) i particularly liked "3 centers merge".

Youve done well to find any chi gung teachers at all, if the north island is anything like the south - Although NZ now has a very large asain community I felt they kept the spiritual practices under wraps :(

Hope to hear more from you :P

You can give Wee Kee Jin a try. Heard he's a good teacher.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

His website is http://www.taijiquan.co.nz/index.htm

The articles are well written in there too if you are into internal systems.

Good luck with your search.

mouse

Sign in to follow this