seek1

Hello Fellow Seekers

I am glad that my Higher Self has pointed me in the direction of TaoBums. It fits in well with my spiritual journey to be able to call upon fellow seekers with good humour, outstanding knowledge and experience in energy work, healing and self realisation.

Here's my 2 cents worth: In my own case I have practiced meditation from young age and have been through periods of ecstasy with number of mini awakenings but then like Yoda this has often followed by periods of suffering in the material world. The suffering has not been all bad at times it has made me grow and experience deeper. Making me to realise that it is all the minds play. I am presently trying to practice accepting everything 'as it is' -good and bad equally -but also through energy work, strengthening the loving feeling inside and towards everyone. I hope this is'nt too soppy!!

Hey there seek1 welcome to Tao Bums,

Im new here too, its an awesome site with some really interesting people & ideas flying about.

Like yourself ive experienced the peaks & troughs of a spiritual path - but i do wonder why there has to be a trough after you feel youve made a breakthrough of some kind & things are going well.

Why can we not just continue onward & upward? Is it a balance thing?

Any further comments from anyone would be welcomed :D

Seek1,

I hope this is'nt too soppy!!

It's fine, just keep it on the downlow! :lol:

Moonbar, the whole path can be done quickly and easily like with Ramana Maharishi who just sat down and figured out life, the universe, and everything in about 5 minutes. The downsides are that you become aware of the suffering of others and you have to be smart as hell.

Welcome to taobums!

Your pal,

Yoda

Hello Yoda B)

Wow to figure out life the universe & everything in 5 minutes is some achievement <_<

& to keep things on the downlow? do you mean dont bleat to everyone about your problems? or something else?

Could you elaborate a little on becoming aware of other peoples problems & needing to be smart as hell :blink:

Wow ive just seen how many posts youve made - HEAPS! how long have you been dropping in here?

Cheers Pal :D

Edited by Moonbar

I've been blabbing here for 4 years and haven't come up for air yet. :lol:

By my figuring, Ramana Maharishi was born ready to pop. I think most people would do better finding a method of cultivation to get more poppable in the first place.

By downlow, I was just jokingly refering to the fact that there's more jousting than loving around here, but whatever floats your boat is welcome.

Your pal,

Yoda

Hi. Speaking only for myself, I feel as if I have been slowly building my path of enlightenment my whole life. Most of what I believe to be the truth (not this earthly existence) has come to me in small pieces over a period of 58 years. Only recently did I finally get my "AHA" experience to fit it all together. I am now more in peace that at any other time of my life.

Sure Seek1 no worries,

Born in Northern Ireland & raised in New Zealand, got involved in the martial arts at age 10 from there dabbled in some meditation practices that I feel was much too early-achieved an out of body experience but almost lost my mind in the process :( after seeking help from a Baptist priest i turned my back on the martial arts & accociated practises.

Got some juicey stories about that if anyone is interested.

Fast forward about 20yrs & ive figured out that what i went through was not Satanic but something i was trying to force at the wrong time <_<

I have returned to my martial arts practice & have begun a journey into Chi Gung - now the search for a "proper" teacher has taken up a good chunk of the last 5yrs...still no luck :blink:

So thats the short version :D

Cheers

Moonbar from what you describe, IMHO you clearly had a major opening event and perhaps if you had some proper guidance at the time and continued your practice you would have surely awakened. Each of these events has a spiritual explanation and significance. This could be why even now you feel you need to find a good teacher.

Also the fact that you were strongly attracted to meditation at early age when it was foreign to your culture seems to indicate that you could have brought this from your past life. Who knows you could have been a lama or yogi.

Maybe you can think about starting a new thread about this fantastic journey in the main forum, where there is greater exposure and others more knowledgeable and wiser than me could come in and give some further guidance.

Best Regards

Edited by seek1

Hey Seek1 :D

Wow a lot of that stuff looks awesome, thanks for the link.

Im curious about after these things happen - when those things happened to me it terrified me & following the advice of a well meaning pastor i stopped all practice.

Years later when i began to understand what was happening & resume my training things were nowhere near as easy :( Ive been practicing my meditations & experimenting with other diciplines & so far have only very briefly managed 3 similar experiences :(

Ive heard a lot that these things come easier to pubesant young people.

The journey continues...