Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Martials Arts videos

anyone know of any youtube-like videos of a martial artist fighting?

thank you

Edited by Pranaman

Pranaman check my channel in signature .. mostly internal arts .. taiji, xinyi, pakua. Also everything about energy in a large context and body conditioning.

Regards

any martial art being used against a good fighter with the intention to actually fight, not demonstrate.

look at the core of what works (AND DOESN'T) in surveillance video footage.

Edited by Spectrum

look at the core of what works (AND DOESN'T) in surveillance video footage.

yes, Spectrum posted some surveillance footage in another thread, the "post you own videos" I think.

It happens QUICK in real life.

That is why kung fu forms that are performed as a series of "stops" are like driving a car with the brakes on.

Spectrum,

Not entirly true, alot of kung fu forms hold the Methods to the system which then is pulled apart and also worked on for power generation not to mention many southern systems forms are based on dim ma striking to get the students to learn the combinations and other possibilities that could arise.

I do agree that too much emphisis on forms without putting in the fighting and sparring training will never make you into a decent fighter. If that is what you truly meant?

One needs form to then let go and become formless and combine all they have in shadow boxing and free fighting!

Ape

Guest sykkelpump

any martial art being used against a good fighter with the intention to actually fight, not demonstrate.

That are very hard to find,and why?

Because all this demonstration arts doesent work with a resisting opponent.It is funny how people dont understand this or refuse to understand it.And when you confront them about it,they say it works on life and death situation.Any figther can also adept to life death situation.You dont need training to learn how to attack the groin,eyes,ears and so on.

Well you can find kung fu vs muay thai or stykes like that.but in those fights they use the the normal fighting guard like a kickboxer.they dont use the demonstration stuff.and they have most likely trained in the style they are fighting against

One needs form to then let go and become formless and combine all they have in shadow boxing and free fighting!

Sound points.

With Falling Leaves. In the Wind. On the Beach. In the Water. Carving Corners.

I don't know if this will make sense but I will do my best at a description of what I mean by driving with the brakes on. Mass builds inertia as its velocity increases. To continue through a movement is to carry your previous "effort" with you in a cetripital and cetrifigul fashion. Kinda like sloshing in the bathtub, every time u slosh less movement is needed behind the wave to increase it's ampitude. This is kids stuff, spin with your arms out to the side, pull your arms in... u go faster. spin with your arms in and let your arms fly out... u go slower. I discovered my taijichuan was very sluggish until I felt it on a merry go round at the park, and then the movements that spiraled around the central columb to create these spiraling forces took on a physical meaning through the 3rd curve of the merry go round. Childs play! Look at the coordinated harmony and momentum of combinations in all the arts. A prime example of making 2 or 3 corners in a row.

Try doing a grasp sparrow sequences facing inward on the merry go round, then outward, the curve is totally different through the body.

I digress but yes agree I snapshots are for learning the names of the postures and the details.

I don't know if this will make sense but I will do my best at a description <snip>

Good description, it's why many prefer a circular to a linear style, the force sloshes round and round :)

with the intention to actually fight, not demonstrate.

Real

s1cvLmQNIMg&feature=related

Kids playing, but the only long fist style I have even seen

O07u7KdRVo0

Only win vs a group that I have seen, police miss him at 1:12 too :) time to leave

k8EEN5RkltY

Funny

7LIm7gSV9Mc&feature=related

WOW

The prison video - best illustration of human nature - these are our brothers and sisters.

And keep in mind they are not only in prison. They are everywhere!

Hell on earth !

Real

s1cvLmQNIMg&feature=related

That prison video is the best portrayal of real fighting there probably is.

The win vs group video: you can see the importance of really knowing how to box. That guy is pretty good.

The long fist guy: lucky punch, that guy is a fool for fighting like that in my opinion.

The pimp one: awesome fake out... :lol:

Here is a good one...I like his reaction time. Not even half a second after the initial attack and he goes off:

ZyQx3C-Ela0

Ok this is an INSANE martial art!! I would be afraid to meet one of these guys in a fight :o

T5GAb5MQapo

So what do you think? Wanna train with them?

Edited by baloneyx

I'm pretty sure the 4th of the 4 videos that Mal posted was a strike to the carotid sinus. That's why the black fellow went down like sack of bricks. It's a knockout/kill point. Anybody who thinks you can't use pressure points in fighting needs to watch that video.

Real fighting is vicious and of course life threatening its either you are a fighter at heart or your not, do you have the capabilty to take someone life in a fight?

Does your training take you to that mind set that you want to kill some one?

Would or could you kill someone in a fist fight, how far would you go?

Ape

Real fighting is vicious and of course life threatening its either you are a fighter at heart or your not, do you have the capabilty to take someone life in a fight?

Does your training take you to that mind set that you want to kill some one?

Would or could you kill someone in a fist fight, how far would you go?

Ape

If you broke into my home in the middle of the night and stabbed me in a fashion that allowed me to watch blood spew from my gut till I died, there would be nothing wrong or special about that at all, just the way it is.

Edited by Pranaman

Learning martial arts , specially chinese kungfu, should avoid the intention of killing. This will bring to a stage where you build up your own heart devil and lead you to bad luck. The way how chinese kungfu works is to stop people from agressiveness and fights, while you stop, the opponent you are facing fall into their own trap and hurt themselves.

Let me give example here.. In taichi, you do re-direct forces coming from the opponent, the hard the opponet hit, the hard they fall to the ground, that create the huge force they are putting on themselves, which made taichi powerful.

Internal power are also there to achieve this level. For example, if you do have iron shirt trained, your body is unbeatable, so when people hit you, you allow them to hit and get hurt. Like hitting metal.

You yourself shall think of nothing to harm others but to stop them from aggressiveness.

correct

i dont see why there is so much life and death talk, real fighting is this and that. fighting is foolish. when we have to do it then do it. i have found it easy to control people like playing with a child, eye gouging and anger or not. when you can let go of fear then it is not such a big deal.

metta

adam

Learning martial arts , specially chinese kungfu, should avoid the intention of killing. This will bring to a stage where you build up your own heart devil and lead you to bad luck. The way how chinese kungfu works is to stop people from agressiveness and fights, while you stop, the opponent you are facing fall into their own trap and hurt themselves.

Let me give example here.. In taichi, you do re-direct forces coming from the opponent, the hard the opponet hit, the hard they fall to the ground, that create the huge force they are putting on themselves, which made taichi powerful.

Internal power are also there to achieve this level. For example, if you do have iron shirt trained, your body is unbeatable, so when people hit you, you allow them to hit and get hurt. Like hitting metal.

You yourself shall think of nothing to harm others but to stop them from aggressiveness.

Also, by having the intention of "killing" or even "fighting" will also make yourself agressive, which lead to a fail in fights too. You can try that out in the "push-hands" of taichi. When you are doing push hands, the more you want to win, the faster you fall to the ground.

correct

i dont see why there is so much life and death talk, real fighting is this and that. fighting is foolish. when we have to do it then do it. i have found it easy to control people like playing with a child, eye gouging and anger or not. when you can let go of fear then it is not such a big deal.

metta

adam

Sign in to follow this