Long Yun

Secret of the Golden Flower

It's not time yet for me to just *do*. I have to wait years because of the effects on reproduction you mention.
JJ Semple, would you mind addressing the sexual side effects that I asked about here?

Cuz if any sexual dysfunction is possibly caused, I surely hope it's only temporarily? :mellow:

(Sure, maybe if I was already married with kids, I might not care so much. But for guys still out in the dating jungle, performance can be a dealmaker...)

Also - feel free to PM me if this is better discussed privately.

Edited by vortex

JJ Semple, would you mind addressing the sexual side effects that I asked about here?

Cuz if any sexual dysfunction is possibly caused, I surely hope it's only temporarily? :mellow:

(Sure, maybe if I was already married with kids, I might not care so much. But for guys still out in the dating jungle, performance can be a dealmaker...)

Also - feel free to PM me if this is better discussed privately.

What Mr. Semple states in his book is that the seminal fluid is transformed into a fluid that is drawn up the spine to nourish the brain. He also says that it's not an end to sex, only that you have to really regulate how much you have, since the semen is essentially nourishing the brain. To lose semen is to lose brain nourishment, which would not be a good thing. He makes no mention of the penis shriveling up and disappearing, so I don't think you need to worry about that. We'll see what he has to say.

thank you for your responses Mr Semple, its great to have you here to answer our questions with such a straight forward, blunt demeanor. i like your style :)

since you plan on tackling the whole semen issue, I was really wondering about seminal retention. I know in your books you write that after the energy was awakened, you could not ejaculate and would get terrible headaches and weakness. but how about before the awakening? In SOGF I think its recommended to do 90 or 100 days of no loss, something like that. I don't see an y mention of this in your books (i could've missed it... just like how I assumed your goal was just health related :P ). Have you, through your own experience and that of your students, gained any insight into whether or not retention is beneficial,or even necessary, Pre awakening.

thank you

Mikael

Hi,

Thank you JJ and everybody for this great threat.

I have one question. In phase 2 when practitioner change breath direction, do you start using revers breathing instead of diaphragmatic breathing?

Thanks

PsiNomad

Edited by PsiNomad

Eva Wong, on the translations of The Secret of the Golden Flower (the emphasis is mine), from The Shambala Guide to Taoism:

There are two translations of the controversial T'ai-i chin-hua tsung-chih (The Secret of the Golden Flower). One is by Richard Wilhelm, who rendered the text into German, which was then translated into English by Cary F. Baynes. The other is a more recent translation by Thomas Cleary, The Secret of the Golden Flower.

The text is controversial even among practitioners of Taoist internal alchemy. Generally considered to be a text influenced by the Complete Reality School, its authorship has been linked to Immortal Lii Tung-pin, anonymous Lung-men practitioners, and even the followers of Wu Chung-hsii, of the Wu-Liu sect.

I agree with Cleary that Wilhelm's translation is inaccurate and is based on an incomplete Chinese text. Moreover, I find the Wilhelm-Baynes version too biased by Jungian psychology. Cleary's translation is from the complete text of the T'ai-i chin-hua tsung-chih, but he presents it as a text that interprets internal alchemy as the transformation of mind, similar to the contemplative type of internal alchemy taught by Liu I-ming.

How should these teachings be interpreted? Herein lies the controversy of the text and its power. It is a text with multiple levels of meaning, and depending on the orientation of an individual's Taoist training and understanding of internal alchemy, it can be read in different ways.

Does Eva Wong say anything else about the text in question? Does she say whether she will be translating it?

Eva Wong, on the translations of The Secret of the Golden Flower (the emphasis is mine), from The Shambala Guide to Taoism:

Thank you for that quote!

Guest allan

Allan - Which Hindu sutras are you referring to - can you be more specific?

Thanks.

AugustLeo,

If memory serves me right, try the Bhagavad Gita.

Regards.

AugustLeo,

If memory serves me right, try the Bhagavad Gita.

Regards.

Gita, circulation...hmmm...not too sure on that one!

Also, Gita is not a Sutra but rather a scripture/text. Not sure if you were referring to Yoga Sutra of Patanjali??

JJ do you plan on making more podcasts? i'm particularly interestedin what you have to say about Yoda and Luke Skywalker :)

Just to repeat, and not to be a bother, does anybody know if Eva Wong has plans to translate this? I would be very curious in her perspective...

A lot of people think these are actual real channels in the body? So very few people think that the body is mind-made in the first place, and never mind the channels, which are also mind-made. If anyone understands the mind-made nature of appearances, there is no need to connect anything with anything else, or to elicit anything at all. There is no process to follow and no particular result either. Isn't this so much easier and fun? But that's just me I guess. I guess no one is curious that naguals don't see any energy channels, but they see energy compartments with the assemblage point. At the same time, taoist alchemists have no concept of the assemblage point. This is a very unique hint about the nature of reality available in the West. Uniquely in the West. Because naguals don't know about taoist alchemists. Taoist alchemists don't know about naguals. But in the West we have an opportunity to overlook many many traditions. That's a precious opportunity! It's not often one can do this. Most of the time a person is born into a single tradition and that's the only thing the person ever knows.

You've been blessed to see beyond traditions. Don't waste the blessing!

A lot of people think these are actual real channels in the body? So very few people think that the body is mind-made in the first place, and never mind the channels, which are also mind-made. If anyone understands the mind-made nature of appearances, there is no need to connect anything with anything else, or to elicit anything at all. There is no process to follow and no particular result either. Isn't this so much easier and fun? But that's just me I guess.

mystics for centuries in countless traditions have been using the subtle winds [energy] to transform the psyche. what you say is based on Yogacara mind only view, no doubt from the Zen point of view I assume? forgetting that Zen employs tantric means (focusing energy in hara, correct yogic posture) for proper energy movement. if this wasn't necessary it wouldn't be so strictly enforced.

i think what you say is easily refuted by saying a) if mind creates energy body, then mind creates body as well, why are you not enlightened if its so easy to see past these dualistic notions? if your body gets cancer tomorrow can you get rid of it? why not? body is merely mind made...

I guess no one is curious that naguals don't see any energy channels, but they see energy compartments with the assemblage point. At the same time, taoist alchemists have no concept of the assemblage point. This is a very unique hint about the nature of reality available in the West. Uniquely in the West. Because naguals don't know about taoist alchemists. Taoist alchemists don't know about naguals. But in the West we have an opportunity to overlook many many traditions. That's a precious opportunity! It's not often one can do this. Most of the time a person is born into a single tradition and that's the only thing the person ever knows.

You've been blessed to see beyond traditions. Don't waste the blessing!

i couldn't find too much info about these Naguals you speak of (at first I thought you were talking about the Nazhul in lord of the rings) but I found this site, and it talks about the Nazghul teaching of the 7 bodies of Man, so no doubt they would believe in energy body and channels. not sure how trust worthy this site is though..

http://www.wayofthetoltecnagual.com/world-...ec-naguals.html

I would just like to take the time to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I really feel like I've learned alot here. Let's keep it up! :)