Yoda

San arrows and Egyptian rods

When I was reading Shaking Medicine the description of the San arrows and thorns peircing, heating, cooling, magnetizing, moving, clustering in the shaker's body reminded me a lot of what I have read about the Egyptian philosophy on one's inner rods of power. Their discussion has strong overlaps with the chakra system, but instead of the linear snakey continuity running from the bottom to top chakra, the rods and arrows philosophy seems to have a more random/weirdness functionality where the rods/arrows can move around in disjointed ways and cluster up in a particular places, etc. It sounds like one's own rods and arrows can be used to activate rods and arrows in others as well.

My thoughts are sketchy at best... could be totally wrong. Just wanted to stub it in case anyone has any expertise here.

My thoughts are sketchy at best...

I think that's actually the best way to keep thoughts!

Keeping thoughts sketchy allows you to place more trust in experience than in words...

It seems that's how the San do it... the needles, heating, cooling, cleaning giving, receiving them, how they move, the threads are all loose ideas designed not to give any concrete information - just to keep your attention on experience than info.

By the way - where did you get Egyptian cultivation info from? :D

How is your practice with the rods?

Freeform,

good point about sketchiness. I've heard fuzzy logic as a phrase before too. :lol:

Kenyon's Hathor Material has a chapter on the inner rods.

While I wouldn't say the rods are a 'must have' by any means, I use them daily. Less strong and more easy going than Red Phoenix but a somewhat similar effect for the star consciousness one.

How are your noble gas thingies?

Your pal,

Yoda