hyok

Last time you were sick?

Pretty simple: When was the last time you caught the common cold or a flu?

Edited by hyok

decades ago...

The initial achievement of our Taoist practice , a step forwards from philosophical Taoism to Taoism of praxis , is to get rid of a cold we got , and then gradually towards getting no cold /disease at all . Illness-free is, of course, quite an achievement ; it is also a step towards bigger freedom .

In stead of being entangled in those philosophical chats on freedom , why not achieving something really practical ?

The second step is to stop the proceeding of our built-in biological clock , that is , aging .

In physics, it is only when we travel at a speed close to light does our biological clock start to slow down ; in Taoism , it is only after our having entered the arena of pre-heavenly , does the clock of our existence start to stop , even reversed

Edited by exorcist_1699

This morning... I took a flu shot yesterday and caught one today. Have not been sick for at least 5 years now.. :)

Edited by SiliconValley

I last got sick a month ago (sinus infection) but before that it had been over a year and a half; my wife and kid both caught strep throat and ended up in the doctor's office with high grade fevers and on antibiotics, and I just had a slightly sore throat for a few days. Considering I live in a very small house with a young child and I work in the school system I feel pretty good about that record :lol: . It routinely happens that my wife and child will get sick, but no matter how much I share drinks (or otherwise swap saliva with the missus ;) ) I never catch whatever they have. I'm no healer like some of you, or even anything near that, but my wife is a little high strung and is only very slowly coming around to spiritual practices of any kind. Makes me wonder...

This morning... I took a flu shot yesterday and caught one today. Have not been sick for at least 5 years now.. :)

you may want to read up on the Flu shot and concider if you want it again...

"Flu is probably caused by a lack of Vitamin D from the sun and a lack of sleep.

The vaccine does not work and causes Alzheimer's

Flu info and video "

check that out :)

Until 3 weeks ago its been way over 10 years. But now I have a regular office job, work regular hours, and have a very stable life with lots of rest. So I got sick. And then, just when I was getting better I got an infection in my knee. So now this infection has probably made my meniscus worse and I might need to operate. So its all piling up on me here. Cant wait to see what will happen next. Maby I should quit my job and become self-employed again. That seems to be much better for my health.

you may want to read up on the Flu shot and concider if you want it again...

"Flu is probably caused by a lack of Vitamin D from the sun and a lack of sleep.

The vaccine does not work and causes Alzheimer's

Flu info and video "

check that out :)

Thank you :)

It was the most stupid thing I did in the last few years...taking the shot, for no reason...

Pretty simple: When was the last time you caught the common cold or a flu?

This is an excellent way for knowing about the quality of practice indeed .(of course if ones health is in general normally)...

Thank you for reminder... :)

Maybe some of us will get sick now we have posted here...

I have noticed that if you talk big of yourself, your practice or achievements, you often meet a fall. Just the Tao reminding you to keep down to earth.

Sounds superstitious but I think there is more to it than that, if the mind is allowed to feel inflated then it can lose track of what is really important (in this case health).

Stay healthy people :)

funny enough, not since I started doing kunlun :) the other practices I did prior helped to an extent but didnt quite prevent all of my mild recurring allergies. (looks like its an every other generation thing...my dad and my son both have terrible allergies and get stuffed up like crazy with significant weather changes...whereas I would only get it mild with the changes...)

It's commonly thought that symptoms mean you're sick, and lack of symptoms means you're well. But symptoms aren't the same thing as disease. They can be the result of disease, or part of the healing from disease. It's important to be able to differentiate the two! But even natural health practitioners often don't, and only look at symptoms as something to be treated and made to go away.

If a disease process is being suppressed, it may not produce symptoms, in which case you want the disease to express in symptoms. If your body is trying to expel a toxin, you want a symptom to do that for you. Of course if the symptom is chronic, you have to look at what the blockage is, but not just kill the messenger.

To sort this all out, here's an article on Understanding Symptoms: when is it disease and when is it healing?

Here's another one that shows how vaccines weaken the immune system and lead to autoimmune disease.

It's commonly thought that symptoms mean you're sick, and lack of symptoms means you're well. But symptoms aren't the same thing as disease. They can be the result of disease, or part of the healing from disease. It's important to be able to differentiate the two! But even natural health practitioners often don't, and only look at symptoms as something to be treated and made to go away.

If a disease process is being suppressed, it may not produce symptoms, in which case you want the disease to express in symptoms. If your body is trying to expel a toxin, you want a symptom to do that for you. Of course if the symptom is chronic, you have to look at what the blockage is, but not just kill the messenger.

To sort this all out, here's an article on Understanding Symptoms: when is it disease and when is it healing?

Here's another one that shows how vaccines weaken the immune system and lead to autoimmune disease.

Karen, another understanding and informative contribution. Very insightful and necessary info.

Wonderful links too.

Always a pleasure to read your posts.

Edited by mat black

I think it is important for people to understand something. Just because we practice any particular method does NOT mean we can't get sick. The same virus and pathogens effect ALL. It is also important to understand that we can do many things to increase our immune response. I think it is well established that the continual practice of qigong helps to keep the body operating at peak efficiency. So does proper nutrition and exercise. Exposure makes a difference as well (do you work in a medical clinic, etc.).

I really don't latch onto colds and flu and haven't in about 25 years. But I continuously SEE virus coming off clients. Sometimes, If I am tired from seeing too many folks or if I didn't get proper sleep for a couple of nights in a row, and if I am not paying full attention, I SEE the virus come off and go into me. When this happens I have effectively "come down with a cold". But before the symptoms start I do a little extra qigong and shake this external pernicious influence out or, if it is a particularly strong virus, a little extra qigong and take Gan Mao Ling (or Yin Chiao, but prefer Gan Mao Ling). This always stops the virus before I come down with any symptoms.

Maybe some of us will get sick now we have posted here...

I have noticed that if you talk big of yourself, your practice or achievements, you often meet a fall. Just the Tao reminding you to keep down to earth.

Sounds superstitious but I think there is more to it than that, if the mind is allowed to feel inflated then it can lose track of what is really important (in this case health).

Stay healthy people :)

Well yeah that's because you jinx it when you talk about it :P

I think it is important for people to understand something. Just because we practice any particular method does NOT mean we can't get sick. The same virus and pathogens effect ALL. It is also important to understand that we can do many things to increase our immune response. I think it is well established that the continual practice of qigong helps to keep the body operating at peak efficiency. So does proper nutrition and exercise. Exposure makes a difference as well (do you work in a medical clinic, etc.).

I really don't latch onto colds and flu and haven't in about 25 years. But I continuously SEE virus coming off clients. Sometimes, If I am tired from seeing too many folks or if I didn't get proper sleep for a couple of nights in a row, and if I am not paying full attention, I SEE the virus come off and go into me. When this happens I have effectively "come down with a cold". But before the symptoms start I do a little extra qigong and shake this external pernicious influence out or, if it is a particularly strong virus, a little extra qigong and take Gan Mao Ling (or Yin Chiao, but prefer Gan Mao Ling). This always stops the virus before I come down with any symptoms.

No matter how computer virus appears , or how quickly they appear everyday and spread across the internet , we know that in the final analysis , their executable codes on different platforms , are composed of 0 and 1 or different series of 0 and 1 only .

No matter how small and strange life/virus they are , they are composed of qi in yin /yang forms ; Taoist qigong , by grasping the fundamental element of life , does have UNIVERSAL safeguarding /curing power ,especially when you can reach its deeper / more basic level ( pe-heavenly level ). This is the reason why disease-free is possible .

Edited by exorcist_1699

I have never caught a cold.

The colds have caught me.

Airplanes always seem to be my undoing.

Must be all that shared air under pressure.

I have never caught a cold.

The colds have caught me.

Airplanes always seem to be my undoing.

Must be all that shared air under pressure.

Airplanes are incubators. I always take Yin Chiao or Gan Mao Ling an hr before boarding.

No matter how computer virus appears , or how quickly they appear everyday and spread across the internet , we know that in the final analysis , their executable codes on different platforms , are composed of 0 and 1 or different series of 0 and 1 only .

No matter how small and strange life/virus they are , they are composed of qi in yin /yang forms ; Taoist qigong , by grasping the fundamental element of life , does have UNIVERSAL safeguarding /curing power ,especially when you can reach its deeper / more basic level ( pe-heavenly level ). This is the reason why disease-free is possible .

So the question that comes to my mind is do you consider aging a dis-ease? If so, then are you implying these advanced methods will prevent aging so we can keep these physical bodies for how long? eternity?

If you have reached that level then you know about the choice. Most decide to interact with and help humanity instead of seclusion. I would think it would be very boring to have to stay here after having achieved what (any of us) are here for.

In other words, we have to "die" (shed physical body) of something.

Planes have also been heavily treated with pesticides, immune suppressants. On top of that, jet lag and sleep deprivation can be shocks to the body that make people more susceptible. But often when people get colds or flu-like symptoms it's not an actual infectious disease.. there are many possible causes for symptoms that aren't simply a matter of "catching a bug."

I agree!

Also, as Karen said, you could not feel sick - yet still harbor sub-clinical, "dormant stealth" infections and toxins that could very slowly (but imperceptibly) be causing disease in you. For example, they have now linked dental germs with cancer, Parkinson's and many other diseases...and cold sores with Alzheimer's. And can now thus even detect these diseases 10 years in advance by looking for hot spots with thermal imaging.

And by the same token...you could also feel sick, yet it could be a Herxing "die-off" reaction due to the expelling of germs and toxins. After which you would actually be healthier than before...

So, the real question healthwise here is how clean are you really and how strong is your immune function?