Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

Hi Ya Mu,

I am curious. Are you teaching the 500 hours program long distant?

with smiles

Harry

No, anyone wishing to learn this has to attend the workshops. It would be totally impossible to teach distance learning or from a book.

Hi Ya Mu,

On the case of the sciatica, what do you mean by Taoist therapy? You use the meridians without needles correct? I think I remember reading that on your post before. Could you describe how you apply your medical qigong? Is it applied to the back, the legs, etc?

Thanks,

No, anyone wishing to learn this has to attend the workshops. It would be totally impossible to teach distance learning or from a book.

Ya Mu, I understand your point of view about distance learning. However, you failed to answer my questions. Are you unable to answer my questions? If so cool! B)

Distance learning for Taoism healings are not impossible on my side. Chi in Nature's lineage do teach online students and we do all the attunement and enrollment ceremony by distance for all these online students too. Same effect. It is just a matter of the student want to learn or not. If the student want to learn, no matter what, we can enroll them into the lineage and start learning!

Learning from books is not a good choice, but if you have a master, yes the master can attune and enroll for you and then give you a book to learn yourself. That is also another way to learn. Not as good, but stil okay.

Ya Mu, I understand your point of view about distance learning. However, you failed to answer my questions. Are you unable to answer my questions? If so cool! B)

I was addressing the question above you and had not gotten to your post. Sorry.

I will attempt to answer best I can; most of the answers about the Taoist medicine were posted earlier; here they are again. So I will attempt to clarify Taoist medicine and medical qigong..

Hi Ya Mu,

On the case of the sciatica, what do you mean by Taoist therapy?

Re: Taoist Medicine:

Here is my explanation posted originally:

I'd been asked to elaborate on the Taoist medicine that I practice and teach. So I thought I would make the attempt.

This is a rare form of therapy that is not well known. SO you are not going to find it in books; there is a reason for that.

The therapy REQUIRES the therapist/doctor/healer to have already refined/developed their qi to where they are comfortable manipulating energy.

This system was called simply "Taoism" by my teacher. I have added descriptive terms to clarify as much as possible what it really is, and call it Taoist Neuro-Energetic Chi Kung Bodywork.

Instead of the classically described channels as utilized in what we know as TCM, this system utilizes the nerve synapse energy response. So a microcosmic (think directed "thin" stream of qi) qi projection is used direct into each nerve synapse that displays an out of balance response upon palpation. SO a large part of the initial training to learn this method requires a student to develop neuro-energetic palpation skills.

Then a feedback and control loop is established with the signal going into the nerve synapse with the neurological response monitored as the feedback and the control signal modified dependent upon the information received from the feedback loop.

So in essence the "treatment" and "diagnosis" are dynamically changing all the time during the session, based upon the feedback and control loop.

I have utilized this method with close to 100% success rate with most any kind of pain syndrome and have had extreme results with helping people with any type of neuropathy including diabetic neuropathy.

This method has consistently worked when methods such as needle acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. have failed.

But it is NOT a "back treatment" method or a "pain therapy" but is really the essence of preventive medicine, designed to eliminate dis-ease before it manifests as a disease.

A person could watch it done for a thousand years and not know how to do it. I could write a step-by-step formula on how to do the method and a person would not know how to do it from the written formula. In fact, a person cannot learn this method until they have practiced it and they can not practice it until they have learned it. Now I ask, is this not the "true" Tao?

Disclaimer: Please do not try to perform this technique based upon this description. You can't.

I do not diagnose or treat anything and work strictly as a therapist. The conditions described above were physician diagnosed.

and here is the follow-up explanation:

I wish I could be clearer but not sure i can. Most people would just have to experience it to understand.

This is a technique that I spent 12 years learning as an apprentice with a Taoist physician. I also spent close to 10 years studying a separate system of medical qigong, but these systems overlap. It has many subtleties.

But I will try again.

The practitioner first has to have a knowledge of medical qigong. That means the practitioner should have personally practiced internal qigong for self for a long time (can take 1 to 25 years, depending on system), then studied medical qigong with a medical qigong teacher(can take 2 -20 years, depending on system). Then the person learns neuro-palpation (can take 2-10 years, really depends on the practice one puts in). Then the actual Taoist medicine technique can be taught (basic ability can take 3 - 12 years, depends on the amount of practice). I have developed a way for people to concurrently do all of the above in a 500 hour program that gives them a powerful internal qigong system especially suited for medical qigong, as well as hospital and clinic based medical qigong application techniques, and the Taoist Medicine introduction-intermediate so that a practitioner can start clinical practice. The practitioner has to meet all local laws wherever he practices. In the USA, this varies from state to state. Usually, all chiropractors, massage therapists, physical therapists, MD's, and acupuncturists would qualify.

The technique itself, once all the above requirements are met, involves the palpation of the neuro-energy response of each nerve synapse. We utilizing a feedback and control loop by injecting a controlled qi signal into the synapse and utilizing "antennae" fingers as the feedback receiver, we pick up the body response (changes). Depending on this feedback response we alter the qi signal in frequency, amplitude and duration. The system is dynamic, and not static in that as we change any one input, all outputs (each synapse) changes and we have to alter the treatment dynamically as this happens. Treatments last about an hour.

Hope this helps. Best I can do.

Dean: You use the meridians without needles correct? I think I remember reading that on your post before. Could you describe how you apply your medical qigong? Is it applied to the back, the legs, etc?

Now, the medical qigong is different (although note we utilize the background attained in medical qigong in order to learn Taoist Medicine).

There are many techniques involved in medical qigong. First and foremost is the practitioner has to practice a form of qigong that is powerful. This would tend to be less of the body oriented qigong and more internal qigong; in other words, not qigong geared at simple body enhancement but a practice that actually cultivates qi at a high rate. I teach a particularly effective method for this called Stillness-Movement, a High Level form of practice that does raise the energy body's vibrational frequency. This allows the practitioner access to a greater range of energy manipulation. There are other forms that may be appropriate. So far, most people who had learned other forms that come to my classes continue with the Stillness-Movement after they leave, many drop the forms learned previously as they find the Stillness-Movement more applicable to healers that wish to manipulate energy, especially those that wish to do High Level healing.

After this happens (the time & effort of energy awareness and cultivation), then medical qigong techniques can be learned. We do Qigong style acupuncture techniques that both utilize the channels and TCM theory and other qigong style acupuncture techniques that do not use TCM theory.

We also learn many other techniques which really do not have much relationship to TCM. Most are off body qi projection techniques while some are Tui Na type medical qigong. There are different techniques to help with many western correlated diagnosis (HBP. Cardiovascular, etc.).

At this point the student is where he can learn and apply the Taoist Medicine.

I'm sure this is more info than you wished but this is not a simple thing to answer.

Beyond that, there are techniques which I do not show in the basic program that I show to students who practice daily, show their ability at all times to stay calm ,and demonstrate impeccably that they are good and moral people.

Hope this helps.

Distance learning for Taoism healings are not impossible on my side. Chi in Nature's lineage do teach online students and we do all the attunement and enrollment ceremony by distance for all these online students too. Same effect. It is just a matter of the student want to learn or not. If the student want to learn, no matter what, we can enroll them into the lineage and start learning!

Learning from books is not a good choice, but if you have a master, yes the master can attune and enroll for you and then give you a book to learn yourself. That is also another way to learn. Not as good, but stil okay.

That's good.

One reason that the system I teach can not be done by distance is that the medical side of it requires specific knowledge of hands-on treatment which can not be gotten any other way but by showing; there are no books specifically detailing the techniques I teach. The awakening energy projection is also best done at the workshop.

Taoist Medicine

Another simplified case presentation.

Presentation: Client was electrocuted with 220V and lived. Symptoms were really high blood sugar, pain and numbness where the electricity entered, loss of hearing, could not sleep more than a few minutes, and back pain.

Therapy was Taoist Medicine and clinical qigong. Multi-treatment situation.

Results:

After the first session client had less pain and numbness, improved hearing and could sleep. Some of the pain relief was long-term, but 2-3 days relief where the electricity entered, and some blood sugar normalization.

After 2nd session more pain relief and complete blood sugar normalization, but still some residual pain where the electricity entered, hearing was improved but still some loss.

After 3rd session most pain gone, hearing improved, and blood sugar OK.

2nd simplified case presentation

Presentation: A young person demonstrated inability to cope with going outside home and several other symptoms (I will not list them) associated with psychiatric / emotional disorders. Parents had taken this client to a number of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and counselors with no success. They were desperate (their words) to try something so drastic as a Taoist/Clinical Qigong Therapist.

Therapy was Taoist medicine, clinical qigong and teaching this person self-healing qigong. Multi-treatment situation.

Results:

After first session vast, almost unbelievable to me improvement. We did several sessions and the client started practicing qigong under my supervision. This person now leads a normal life.

Taoist Medical Therapeutics excels at helping people with many different problems. I specialize in pain elimination, but others do come to my clinic.

My students who have clinics have these same type results.

Thought I would add this one as well.

A young mother calls me up and asks will I do a session at the hospital. When she explained that her 3 week old child was having no response to the hospital treatment I agreed.

Presentation: 3 weeks after birth the child was doing fine then all of a sudden came down with high fever, no appetite and no food (formula) tolerance. The child had been treated for 5 days after hospitalization. Nothing worked; the child was getting progressively worse and was extremely lethargic.

Therapy: Taoist energy arts.

Results:

After 20 minutes the child turned over and looked up at me fully aware. I then walked out of the hospital. The hospital discharged the child that night. All symptoms had disappeared.

I have added these thinking they may be interesting to the group here. The Tao is vast and much more than what is written in a few books. But I have no need to post them UNLESS people are interested. So please say whether you find these posts interesting or not. If not I will not continue this thread.

>>But I have no need to post them UNLESS people are interested. So please say whether you find these posts interesting or not. If not I will not continue this thread.<<

Hi Ya Mu,

would love to repeat it here. Should you ever start teaching in Europe or have a reliable student over here doing so, please let me know...

thankx much in advance

Harry

>>But I have no need to post them UNLESS people are interested. So please say whether you find these posts interesting or not. If not I will not continue this thread.<<

Hi Ya Mu,

would love to repeat it here. Should you ever start teaching in Europe or have a reliable student over here doing so, please let me know...

thankx much in advance

Harry

Hi,

I have taught all over the USA, have been asked to teach in Bulgaria (logistics didn't work), Columbia (didn't want to), and China (wanted to but couldn't at the time). I have not taught in Europe. Someone in Germany was going to organize a workshop but it didn't work out.

I would be glad to come to Europe or most any other location for a workshop. All it takes is someone to sponsor the workshop; get place to have it and organize students wishing to attend, etc.

If you or anyone else are interested in doing this please PM me

I am taking a winter break here at my location and will not be teaching another workshop here until March. A lot of my students drive up to 16 hours to get here and no point driving in snow and ice.

I have added these thinking they may be interesting to the group here. The Tao is vast and much more than what is written in a few books. But I have no need to post them UNLESS people are interested. So please say whether you find these posts interesting or not. If not I will not continue this thread.

Fascinating and much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write up these small case studies.

This is by far the most interesting topic in at least 2 weeks, so feel free to keep posting!

Hi Ya Mu,

I very much hope somebody interested like and with the capabilities and connections

has read what you wrote and will help you organize a workshop over here. Should I

get into a place to do so I will contact you.

Just allow the question. You spoke of a 500 hour training, right?

That are many many many weekends to come over and teach... or would the teaching

structure be different then?

thankx much

Harry

YM-I believe I asked you this in the past but it could be of interest to healers on the forum. Have you ever dealt with a case in which the genetic disposition of a client was changed? I am working with someone who has Huntingtons disease, I have found that breathing techniques and projected Qi helps circulation and energy in one arm which previously had little feeling but the other remains without feeling.

Hi Ya Mu,

I very much hope somebody interested like and with the capabilities and connections

has read what you wrote and will help you organize a workshop over here. Should I

get into a place to do so I will contact you.

Just allow the question. You spoke of a 500 hour training, right?

That are many many many weekends to come over and teach... or would the teaching

structure be different then?

thankx much

Harry

Hi,

The 500 hr program is a certification program. That doesn't mean that a person couldn't get started with a 3 day workshop. In such a workshop a person would learn the complete Stillness-Movement qigong and participate in the energy projection to raise each student's energy body vibrational rate. We would then get started on Medical/Clinical qigong as well as Taoist Medicine methodology. We would also go over the Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power movement system.

The student could then practice what was taught until we could schedule a follow up workshop.

500 hrs meets the NQA (www.nqa.org) certification standards. It is not necessary to get started in healing applications but Stillness-Movement is. A person can take this as far as he/she wishes.

YM-I believe I asked you this in the past but it could be of interest to healers on the forum. Have you ever dealt with a case in which the genetic disposition of a client was changed? I am working with someone who has Huntingtons disease, I have found that breathing techniques and projected Qi helps circulation and energy in one arm which previously had little feeling but the other remains without feeling.

Hi,

You are doing good work. Making a difference is an amazing thing.

While it probably would be interesting, I do not wish to answer this on a public forum other than to say there are possibilities. So give me a call when you get a chance and we will discuss it. It will involve a technique we have not as yet discussed. Think about which Gift of the Tao movement may apply (not as in teaching your client but as in vibrational energetics).

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

Thankx again, Ya Mu

in case it hasnt yet been discussed: how many hours of training are necessary each day

and can it be combined with other energetic/spiritual practices from your systems point of view

or is it counterproductive to do so?

:)

Harry

Thankx again, Ya Mu

in case it hasnt yet been discussed: how many hours of training are necessary each day

and can it be combined with other energetic/spiritual practices from your systems point of view

or is it counterproductive to do so?

:)

Harry

For self-health one hour a day will do, 2 hrs is better :) .

If a healer is projecting energy to 1 or 2 people a day, a person could possibly get by with above practice.

If you are a healer projecting to 8-12 clients/patients per day you need 3 hrs practice daily. Eventually, with dedicated practice, a person can arrive at 24 hrs a day practice.

There really is no problem practicing other methods at the same time unless they are forced methods. Anyone that is a fan of forced methods probably will not like this system, and this system will not agree with these forced type of systems.

Most short AND long term practitioners that practice other methods end up with Stillness-Movement as their main system once they learn it. This is because of it's particular power for helping healers that project energy, as well as the lineage factor of the information-based energy that is projected to students of Stillness-Movement. Also, Stillness-Movement is particularly effective at burning through filters of illusion. No truths will change from anyone's previous spiritual practice.

The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power is synergistic with Stillness-Movement. Most people who learn it utilize it as a complementary system. It differs from linear type of movement systems so it goes well with Stillness-Movement. The Gift of the Tao are reflected energy patterns from the Higher Levels. This system can actually be learned from a DVD whereas the Stillness-Movement cannot.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

Simplified case study

Broken Leg

Child with broken leg. Cast in place. Presentation was pain with broken bones. Parents were interested in reducing recovery time and reducing pain.

Therapy utilized: Taoist Medicine and Taoist Energy Arts. 2x weekly for 3 weeks

Pain was reduced 1st session and eliminated by 3rd session. Cast was removed early and physicians were astounded at the rate of recovery. It is very interesting that a neighboring child broke their leg the same day and had to have cast on for several weeks longer. Note I said interesting as there would be no way to make a direct comparison.

Another simplified case study

Broken wrist

This client had severe break and bruising. Cast in place. Presentation was numbness, unable to move hand and fingers, severe swelling,pain, and discoloration. Client utilized hands in profession and was anxious to regain full use.

Therapy utilized: Taoist Medicine and Taoist Energy Arts 2x weekly for 3 weeks

Pain, swelling, discoloration, and some numbness were reduced 1st session. Each session saw increased mobility. All symptoms were gone by end of therapy and client returned back to work with full use of hand and wrist.

Broken bones heal MUCH faster with these therapies.

Anyone wishing to learn Taoist Medicine, Qigong, Medical Qigong, and Taoist Healing Arts should consider attending our spring workshop for an introduction to these systems.

see www.stillnessmovement.com for details

• Like 2

Yes, VERY interested! So, keep 'em comin'!

Where are you located, btw? And is that where your next workshop will be?

Yes, VERY interested! So, keep 'em comin'!

Where are you located, btw? And is that where your next workshop will be?

Missouri; yes that is where the next workshop will be.

All the details including a link to a specific class flyer is here:

www.stillnessmovement.com

Most short AND long term practitioners that practice other methods end up with Stillness-Movement as their main system once they learn it. ... lineage factor of the information-based energy that is projected to students of Stillness-Movement. Also, Stillness-Movement is particularly effective at burning through filters of illusion.

I stand in agreement with this. "information" based energy This level of teaching has produced profound results. This is why it's important to have a practical base (ie foundation) of chi gung practice before recieving further.... information. It would be like reading shakespear to a 4 year old without it.

The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power is synergistic with Stillness-Movement. Most people who learn it utilize it as a complementary system. It differs from linear type of movement systems so it goes well with Stillness-Movement. The Gift of the Tao are reflected energy patterns from the Higher Levels. This system can actually be learned from a DVD whereas the Stillness-Movement cannot.

There will never be a replacement to the ageold ways of passing it on. The information age will be bringing a certain cataloging effect of "knowledge", whereas those who continue to seek within will eventually be drawn physically to others who have sought...

Edited by Spectrum

I stand in agreement with this. "information" based energy This level of teaching has produced profound results. This is why it's important to have a practical base (ie foundation) of chi gung practice before recieving further.... information. It would be like reading shakespear to a 4 year old without it.

If a person only has linear thinking it is a very difficult thing to understand. But, in my years of qigong I have not seen anything else as powerful. I think folks with specific energy body configurations are more attracted to this. Hard to put in linear terms.

I do, however, only give each student as much as they can handle right now. In other words, I work with each student individually and project to each separately during the workshops, based on where their energy body development is NOW. SO I combine beginners and advanced students in the same workshops. It makes for a real interesting experience for all and gives the beginners others to talk to about what they feel going on; others that KNOW what the projections do.

There will never be a replacement to the ageold ways of passing it on. The information age will be bringing a certain cataloging effect of "knowledge", whereas those who continue to seek within will eventually be drawn physically to others who have sought...

Many want to get information from the internet, a book, or a video. I am afraid that the age-old ways are not as popular as they should be. Especially the information projection stuff, which most people do not understand.

• Like 2