Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

Ya Mu, I have received all the DVD's today, thank you.

I'm quite impressed with the look of GOT1/2, I'm going to love adding that to my small repertoire.

I also received the Taoist Medicine DVD's, but I had hoped to see demonstration of the hot/cold projection and sick Qi removal as described in your book. It seems like the main part of your medicine is the spinal palpation and neuro-energetic feedback treatment, so when did you normally do hot/cold projection in treatment (in general)?

Hi,

The Taoist medicine is a part of this system that utilizes medical qigong in a specialized neurological application. It is a rare system that has never before been documented. I had a goal of getting it out there first then follow up with a Medical Qigong Applications DVD. It is not near completion, but will contain different Qi projection techniques most of which will be off-body. The time line for completion is after I release Gift of the Tao III. Got III is hopefully spring/summer 2014 with the medical qigong winter 2014/spring 2015. Who knows - perhaps I can get it done earlier.

But please do not discount the totally unique and amazingly powerful Taoist Medicine. The DVD is enough to get one started in the system. I have seen this system work, time after time, when nothing else would.

However, if the DVD's are not what you thought they would be there is no problem getting a refund as, unlike many on the market, all my DVD's have a 30 day money-back guarantee.

We do go over the qi projection techniques in the workshops and I will cover it in the week-long one-on-one intensives that I hope to announce SOON.

• Like 6

If I understand the story correctly, Master Juemin deemed this neuro-feedback Taoist technique to be more valuable than chests of gold and jewels, and I would be wise to follow suit.

It is valuable to me, so no refund required, but perhaps you would consider a discount on the new Medical Qigong Applications DVD when it becomes available ^_^

My earlier question was not an expression of disappointment, but of curiosity, as I would like to know when you used off-body techniques and when you used the neuro-feedback techniques in your clinic. How did you decide when to use which?

If I understand the story correctly, Master Juemin deemed this neuro-feedback Taoist technique to be more valuable than chests of gold and jewels, and I would be wise to follow suit.

It is valuable to me, so no refund required, but perhaps you would consider a discount on the new Medical Qigong Applications DVD when it becomes available ^_^

My earlier question was not an expression of disappointment, but of curiosity, as I would like to know when you used off-body techniques and when you used the neuro-feedback techniques in your clinic. How did you decide when to use which?

There are very few contraindications to use of the Taoist Neuro-Energetic Chi Kung Bodywork. Most anyone would get benefit from its application. As the results are so amazing I generally did use this in clinic. And I always say that if a person's neuro system is not balanced then we have not done much for them. What I would normally do is the Taoist neuro work then the off-body medical qigong projection. Of course there were exceptions where I only did the off-body. For broken bones we always use the medical qigong off-body. For immune system we use both but many times only the off-body techniques. We have what we call a "High Level Technique" that is strictly off-body. For quick pain relief we use off-body. For knee/ankle/foot treatment we usually use both but sometimes only off-body. There are many cases where it just comes down to either would be appropriate.

It kinda boils down to what I call the "Listening" process. At any given moment, due to this process, we change the techniques or "game plan" that we had mentally laid out before the client got there. I have started doing the Taoist method then all of a sudden asked the client to sit up and then utilized off-body. And the opposite; I have started doing the off-body projection then immediately told the client to lie down and did the Taoist method. To sum it up we do have a lot of clinic and hospital based techniques and guidelines as to when to use what but Spirit and the person's Higher Level Self knows so much more about what the person really needs; through the Listening process this overrides any mentally derived treatment plan and the results are always astonishing.

And I would like to clear up a misunderstanding ( I always go over this in the workshops). The Taoist technique was learned from my first Taoist teacher, Dr Vincent Graef, DO. When I demonstrated it to Master Wang he was astonished that I knew this rare system as he knew of it and also knew that only one person in China knew this technique as it simply was not taught to anyone except in a particular family and was called simply "Taoism". It is so beautifully Taoist as in learning the system one actually learns what all the Taoist terms really mean (not some made-up translation of words but direct inner experience-meaning) and the work is accomplished by not doing; the mental is separated from the equation. The system includes qigong/neigong as it IS a medical qigong application. One can look at it as an extremely refined specialized medical qigong methodology.

Dr Graef was one of the first western physicians to bring in Chinese medicine into the USA (Yes, I know Chinese folk medicine/TCM forms-acupuncture came into the USA much earlier from Chinese immigration). He learned the Taoist medicine then gave up his surgery license and prescription license and only did the Taoist medicine for about 40 years. He had patients from many different countries that flew in to see him and his result rate was far beyond that of any of his physician peers - actually I never saw anyone even come close to his results in the USA.

• Like 7

week long intensive !!! :)

I am attempting to set this up. It isn't as of yet a "done deal". I am very hopeful that it will work out.

• Like 4

I've been doing a lot more S-M meditation lately and my dream life just flared up like crazy. It is like I'm being dumped into action movies all through the night. When I awoke in the middle of the night and had to go back to sleep I just had to laugh at myself and say "Here we go again."

I know that it is said that if the Jing is full there will be no dreams, but I've been celibate now for more than 2 months and the dreams are of a different quality, not exactly vivid in a visual, colourful sense, but I'm very aware of everything and recall is way better than in ordinary dreaming.

Last night I had a long episode where the world was being invaded by evil aliens and I had to fight them. The night previous I had to perform an exorcism on a room similar to the one in 'The Conjuring', which seemed to be successful (I've watched that film one too many times). I also had bouts of premonition while in the hypnogogic state knowing an SMS was inbound and somebody was about to call my name.

Hey Michael had a couple of questions regarding practice, if you continually over a long period of time bless all of the food and drinks that you consume with a specific intent does it strongly effect your practice/vibration in the long run?

Another question.....I was recently in a very intense mood......and although I wanted to go practice GOT I intuitively felt it wasn't a good idea. Should you not practice these high level energetics when In a negative mood?

Also just 1 more question.......I have been noticing since I started practicing SECA that they'll be some days I feel I need to just take a break because it seems like my system is still adjusting to it.....is this something that happens when just starting out with SECA? Is there a certain limit one should put on practicing this? Much thanks for any insights you can give.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Hey Michael had a couple of questions regarding practice, if you continually over a long period of time bless all of the food and drinks that you consume with a specific intent does it strongly effect your practice/vibration in the long run?

Another question.....I was recently in a very intense mood......and although I wanted to go practice GOT I intuitively felt it wasn't a good idea. Should you not practice these high level energetics when In a negative mood?

Also just 1 more question.......I have been noticing since I started practicing SECA that they'll be some days I feel I need to just take a break because it seems like my system is still adjusting to it.....is this something that happens when just starting out with SECA? Is there a certain limit one should put on practicing this? Much thanks for any insights you can give.

My 2 cents, Peace

I am not Michael,

but the blessing of food raise its vibration

so one do no drop in vibration.

Else it drops ones vibration.

I had this in the past until

my presence alone would raise

the vibration of the food.

This makes it for other lineages

rules to not having full stomach

and wait half hour until starting a meal.

If you feel it is no good then dont do it.

Expectation cause also results.

One can exercise when in bad mood,

actually if one tune into the LIGHT it

should raise in mood.

For Seca it is only my opinion:

do as you like to do,

actually you use "listening"

if one has the feeling one has to take off

a day then one does.

All practise done are keep running even

-after closing- in a sub mode.

Main practise is Stillnessmovement Qigong.

The other are auxillary practise deepening

your practise.

A practise ends when it is saturated,

for me saturation is when the

state one has can not be deepen

or became the wake state.

One can do more

but what is the point when

the optimum is reached?

There are even times

when the urge is to do

a certain practise

at non practise time.

• Like 4

Thanks for the response Friend. I guess there really isn't any hard meter for any of this stuff, just Listening I guess.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I've been doing a lot more S-M meditation lately and my dream life just flared up like crazy. It is like I'm being dumped into action movies all through the night. When I awoke in the middle of the night and had to go back to sleep I just had to laugh at myself and say "Here we go again."

I know that it is said that if the Jing is full there will be no dreams, but I've been celibate now for more than 2 months and the dreams are of a different quality, not exactly vivid in a visual, colourful sense, but I'm very aware of everything and recall is way better than in ordinary dreaming.

Last night I had a long episode where the world was being invaded by evil aliens and I had to fight them. The night previous I had to perform an exorcism on a room similar to the one in 'The Conjuring', which seemed to be successful (I've watched that film one too many times). I also had bouts of premonition while in the hypnogogic state knowing an SMS was inbound and somebody was about to call my name.

Welcome to the world of Stillness-Movement multidimensional experience. It is obvious this system was meant for you.

My 2 cents, Peace

Friend gave a really nice response.

Everything you do with high level energetics effects your practice in the long run. Blessing of food becomes second nature to us and is a part of who we are.

Yes, do practice Listening. If you feel any particular time is not right then don't.

That said, Light always can help when we aren't feeling right about something. I find that if I just do a bit of standing Stillness-Movement then everything else flows.

SECAB&DE is powerful. Yes, do let your system get used to these shifts. Allow things to adjust naturally. This would mean if you are uncomfortable doing it more than a few minutes then only do the few minutes. A few minutes of this movement, when covering all the centers, goes a long way. Gradually you will be able to deepen this as your system gets used to the shifting induced by the movement.

• Like 4

Thanks for the additional response Michael, very much appreciated.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Welcome to the world of Stillness-Movement multidimensional experience. It is obvious this system was meant for you.

I have an endless fascination with "multidimensional experiences", but it is something that is not often discussed in depth. I suppose that masters, such as yourself, would want to keep private most such experiences as out-of-body travel and higher dimensional interactions for the sake of maybe not boasting or to heed instruction from above.

Aware I am of your experiences as detailed in your book, but I am interested to know how your very first multidimensional experiences came about, those moments that just blew you away with amazement of things you knew not existed. I am interested also to know what exactly is "on the menu" in terms of multidimensional experiences, at the risk of distracting perhaps from more important things.

Under the impression am I perhaps also that I would break unwritten rules, if I asked if you have seen the five-pointed star in the spiritual eye, and even if you perhaps penetrated it. The feeling is that this is too personal to share maybe, but perhaps you will gladly share some of your multidimensional experiences some day?

Ah, no.

What this system is about has nothing to do with what I can do or what I have experienced and everything to do with what YOU can do and experience. I am just a cog in the wheel. But I can say it has been a pretty wild ride and I am still constantly amazed at the deep intertwines of energetics.

• Like 3

Dang, hit the button before I finished.

Just wanted to add that it is my opinion that anyone who takes this system to heart will unequivocally realize that we are Beings of Light simultaneously operating in multidimensions.

• Like 4

Same with me on the action movie. The last one I had a dream where I was fighting some entities, don't know if it's some osrt of ghost or what not. They have some sort of darkness and so I called on the light to fight them. They gang up on me and I use the swirling light to get them off. And then I combine the light with my martial arts move. My friends were fighting in the dream with me too. Must be my over active imagination.

The first night or maybe a few niht after started learning GOT 1 I dream of doing the GOT 1 move number 2 while moving something like japanese sliding door, only made of mostly white light. All the energy in the dream in thise several dream are white light, with maybe some hint of other color, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Same with me on the action movie. The last one I had a dream where I was fighting some entities, don't know if it's some osrt of ghost or what not. They have some sort of darkness and so I called on the light to fight them. They gang up on me and I use the swirling light to get them off. And then I combine the light with my martial arts move. My friends were fighting in the dream with me too. Must be my over active imagination.

The first night or maybe a few niht after started learning GOT 1 I dream of doing the GOT 1 move number 2 while moving something like japanese sliding door, only made of mostly white light. All the energy in the dream in thise several dream are white light, with maybe some hint of other color, I'm not sure.

"Must be my over active imagination."

I would say must be the shifting from the Gift of the Tao practice and that you guys are opening up to recognition of your multidimensional awareness. Never a dull moment, eh?

• Like 3

Must be my over active imagination.

Perhaps you shouldnt jump to conclusions on this.

Thanks!

Never a dull moment. yeah.

I think it will be more interesting when I join the long distance course.

Lucid dream are common for me, used to do what some may call oobe and astral projection for lack of better term. Not so much now, but lots of them when I'm younger.

I am interested in the dream qigong that you guys do to. Hope can get to that level one day.

"Must be my over active imagination."

I would say must be the shifting from the Gift of the Tao practice and that you guys are opening up to recognition of your multidimensional awareness. Never a dull moment, eh?

• Like 1

Case Study Part 3

Got an e-mail yesterday from the co-worker with the broken leg I discussed in these two posts:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7783-chinese-taoist-medicine-stillness-movement-medical-qigong/page-25#entry479187

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7783-chinese-taoist-medicine-stillness-movement-medical-qigong/page-26#entry479506

E-mail said:

"BTW I'm back... part-time at least for the next two weeks. Then full-time thereafter.

"When I saw <snipped_name>, my orthopedic surgeon, upon looking at the films of my fracture he was quite impressed how quickly I was healing and the bones were remodeling. When I fell I made two spiral fractures - very jagged and hard to heal!

"Thanks to your assistance I am ahead of the game on recovery!

"Thank you for taking time out of your day to come see me."

Simplified case history reported to me this past week.

Client: His new wife

Therapist: A Farmer (not a therapist) I taught 2 years ago

Symptoms: Severe emotional swings with severe body tension

She has been to multiple physicians.

The guy was telling me she was in the middle of an episode and he remembered what I had taught him. He applied the medical qigong. He said she exclaimed, "What is that I am feeling!" He said her eyes had gotten as big around as saucers. He calmly told her he was projecting qi. In just a few minutes, for the first time in her life when having an episode, she said she was calmer than she had ever been with all the tension totally drained. She thought it a miracle, he explained that it is Chinese medicine.

Bear in mind this guy is a farmer who I taught qigong to 2 years ago.

Ah, the concept of the family healer - such a great thing!

Another one.

Client: 12 year old Paso Fino

Diagnosis: Laminitis

Founder happens more to small horses than the draft type. Fresh spring grass is the culprit.

She could barely stand up and couldn't walk. The vet said he didn't think she would get over it. And she may not. He said she probably would have to be put down.

Therapy utilized: Medical Qigong & Taoist Medicine

At first, she would feel better from a treatment but the positive effects appeared to only last a few hours. So I tried again. Each time same thing for the first week but it appeared to last longer after each session.

After 3 weeks and multiple sessions she is now dancing around and walking. Still not out of the woods, but the treatments are working. I just hope we can take her all the way to healing. A very tough case.

• Like 4

Case Study Part 3

Got an e-mail yesterday from the co-worker with the broken leg I discussed in these two posts:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7783-chinese-taoist-medicine-stillness-movement-medical-qigong/page-25#entry479187

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7783-chinese-taoist-medicine-stillness-movement-medical-qigong/page-26#entry479506

E-mail said:

"BTW I'm back... part-time at least for the next two weeks. Then full-time thereafter.

"When I saw <snipped_name>, my orthopedic surgeon, upon looking at the films of my fracture he was quite impressed how quickly I was healing and the bones were remodeling. When I fell I made two spiral fractures - very jagged and hard to heal!

"Thanks to your assistance I am ahead of the game on recovery!

"Thank you for taking time out of your day to come see me."

Very glad to hear you are seeing good response to treatment.

In the interest of accuracy and education, spiral fractures are usually the fastest to heal.

This is for two reasons -

- the more surface area of bony contact, the more rapid and solid the healing

- spiral fractures are lower energy injuries so there is less soft tissue stripping and less vascular compromise to the bone

Thanks for the input, Steve!

Both of your bullets are well taken and the increased surface area point is a VERY good one.

In her case, the fractures were torsional but were complete (she's a big girl) and the tissue damage was fairly significant, especially after they opened the leg to set them. That's not meant to overstate the healing involved, mind you, just to say that she wasn't dealing with just a crack...

As a weird bit of family karma or something, her son fell a few months later and broke the same leg his Mom had in a very similar fashion, plus an uncooperative crack/separation in the medial malleolus. She asked me to help him -- which I did -- but I did so remotely and she failed to mention the ankle until more than four months later. She was in tears about how it wouldn't heal and she was going to lose her job due to time lost because they were going to have to operate again and put a screw in, yada-yada.

A little over a week later, they did one final x-ray in preparation for surgery and not only did they not need a screw, they said he didn't need the boot any longer, either.

On bone breaks/fractures

I think no matter the classification there is always a certain amount of soft-tissue damage and stagnation associated with the break and that this damage varies even within classifications.

The sooner clinical qigong is applied the better and faster the healing process can be. It can still work greatly to ease the pain but our observation is that if applied immediately the healing time factor is amazingly longer in the not treated versus the treated. Also I think the different type of fractures and the variation is one reason why a clinical qigong study in this area would be difficult to do as even within the same classification the healing time will be different due to many factors such as fracture location, patient compliance, age, general physical & circulatory health, etc.

Another one happened last week:

I trashed my wrists (which I broke both of them in the past) lifting 9,000 lbs of concrete block - twice. I had just done this and was speaking with a practitioner of this system and bitchin about it when they offered to do clinical qigong. The practitioner did and I had 100% pain relief immediately. On a scale of 1-10 I would have put the pain at 8 before the session.

• Like 2