Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

I have mild myopia, a slight astigmatism in one eye and a fusion problem (in an unfocused state, one eye tends to drift upwards a little) -- enough so that eye strain and fatigue have been an issue for 20 years or so (exacerbated by the fact that I either read or sit in front of a computer much of the working day).

I haven't been to an eye doctor in several years (moved from one city to another and haven't bothered to get one) so I can't say whether my vision measurably improved (I know all three conditions still exist) or whether the related muscles have gotten stronger or whether I've just gotten more tolerant of it but I don't automatically put them on first thing in the morning anymore and I sometimes realize mid-day that I don't have them (typically when going out into bright sunlight because they are auto-darkening...)

• Like 3

I have mild myopia, a slight astigmatism in one eye and a fusion problem (in an unfocused state, one eye tends to drift upwards a little) -- enough so that eye strain and fatigue have been an issue for 20 years or so (exacerbated by the fact that I either read or sit in front of a computer much of the working day).

I haven't been to an eye doctor in several years (moved from one city to another and haven't bothered to get one) so I can't say whether my vision measurably improved (I know all three conditions still exist) or whether the related muscles have gotten stronger or whether I've just gotten more tolerant of it but I don't automatically put them on first thing in the morning anymore and I sometimes realize mid-day that I don't have them (typically when going out into bright sunlight because they are auto-darkening...)

Same with me. I had an acute astigmatism but it pretty much went the way of not being there as much.

I have seen some remarkable eye unease change in clinic. I have seen really traumatized after surgery eyes change from super-maryj extreme red to clear as a bell inside a couple of minutes, with the client saying they could see much better.

Remind me at class to go over the self eye exercise if you would please.

• Like 2

I've been doing Stillness-Movement meditation, and ever since I started there has been a notable increase in my body heat. The heat radiates from my lower dan tien, but my whole body feels really hot.

Last night I removed all clothing and meditated on cold tile floor to reduce this sensation of heat, it helps a little but it still feels like my core is really hot. I knew this couldn't be a permanent solution, but I did it in any case just to see if I notice anything unusual.

The heat is a bit uncomfortable, it makes it a bit of a struggle approaching S-M meditation time, because I know the heat is just going to flare up again. I understand that these practices can produce a lot of heat, and I've read how in many workshops there are many sweaty sessions.

I don't know what the norm is, or whether this is supposed to be a normal state of a practitioner. I hope this heat abates, as it is getting hot here in the Southern Hemisphere and I have to wear suits a lot!

I'm doing 5 element practice, Wu Xing Qi Gong, until I get the GOT DVD's to learn that. I do know that it is the S-M Qi Gong that produces this heat, since I've been doing the 5 element practice for a while and it never heated me up. I have also been celibate in mind and deed for more than a month now, and I did notice that increased body heat, but the Stillness Movement noticeably added onto that.

Will this overheating normalize in time if I keep doing S-M?

• Like 1

I remember practicing in Master Wang's attic in the summertime. WoW was it hot! Sweated my clothes full multiple times a day.

Drink plenty of water, as the practice uses it at an accelerated rate.

I do think this will settle somewhat for you. I think the movements will help. I think you are meant for this practice and that with longevity of the practice and when you start doing the wai qi liao fa this will settle further. BUT - most of us do heat up - means that the qi is powerful and working.

• Like 6

Just wondering how is stillness movement qi projection at healing common cold / flu symptoms?

Just wondering how is stillness movement qi projection at healing common cold / flu symptoms?

In clinic, I never really had someone come in and ask me to treat a common cold - usually pain and immune syndromes was the mainstay. Of course every now & then a person would come in that had a cold even if that was not the reason they came.

However, the hospital based therapy indeed does have a cold/flu methodology.

Have seen great success at stopping it cold (pun intended) especially if at the beginning stages. If already advanced stages then usually what happens is shorter duration.

• Like 1

going on 6 years no colds or seasonal allergies :) *knocks wood and keeps practicing*

but that's a result of qi spiraling upwards from below, connecting with the niwan, pushing out tears, emptying the sinuses on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Most people who practice report significant less colds and flu and significant less missed sick days in general. Many reasons for this, two of which are an increase in the wei qi protective layer as well as boosting the immune system.

I haven't experienced cold or flu for a very long time, but I would also say anyone is subject to such at any point in time

If I am doing qi projection and I let my awareness wander (pay attention!) I can feel the moment a virus enters in the system. I can usually expel it within an hour or two if this happens but much better to not let it happen in the first place.

I have seen virus leap from one person to the next. I remember one occasion this happened was when I was attending a class where the instructor wanted everyone to hold hands in a circle. I abstained and observed as I knew this could happen. Sure enough, the person "came down with a cold",

Here is an article from the Wall Street Journal that shows an increasing awareness of the benefits of Qigong practice.

"The Intriguing Health Benefits of Qigong"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304373104579107190526946048.html

• Like 2

Case Report

Tuesday, I was at a hospital due to a family issue (and a related healing I'm not yet prepared to share) and my sister-in-law (the one with the back problem in some earlier posts) told my brother that he should tell me about his arm. He replied that it was a "physical problem" rather than just a pain -- at which point she punched him...

A little back story -- my brother has been powerlifting for nearly 40 years.

My brother on the right:

post-54451-0-95949600-1380916266_thumb.jpg

He told me, that over a year ago, he was bench-pressing 485 lbs and tore the tendon connecting triceps to elbow. (Shortly after that photo above, actually, and you'll notice he has that elbow supported...) He heard an audible pop and said it felt like a venetian blind rolling up. Fortunately, his spotters were paying attention. Doctor told him he needed surgery to reconnect it but he decided to wait ('cause he's hard-headed!) He said it still hurts any time he pushes with that arm, like pushing up out of a chair, for instance, but has gotten much better than it was and no longer hurts all the time.

When things quieted down, we talked a little about how bulky muscles impede the flow of energy in the body and that maybe it was time at his age to think about preserving muscle tone, etc. I don't expect any dramatic change but I made an effort. Then I took him around the corner and away from both family and hospital staff.

Set my intent on helping him find his destiny (and healing his arm) and then used wai qi liao fa for about ten minutes, projecting to and pulling from the injury as well as to/from some appropriate points along certain meridians -- and his shoulder (which he hadn't mentioned until after he saw me pointing there...)

I then asked how he felt and he told me he felt a little spacey so I had him lean up against the wall for a minute (he weighs too much for me to try to catch, even though I'm 6'3" & 210 lbs myself). His initial reaction was that the pain was gone but 20 minutes later he told me it was right back to usual -- and told his wife that it was a "physical problem" after all...

Wednesday morning, he told me it was better but still bothering him. This morning, he texted me to tell me that he had no pain at all in that tendon -- and that his ankles weren't bothering him as much, either. I called him to ask for more info.

Turns out that his Achilles tendons in both legs have been inflamed for several months, to the point where he had to stop running and lately had been having trouble walking. Because these techniques work on the complete person rather than just a particular pain-point, the Light worked on his ankles without my involvement.

I'll be seeing him again tomorrow... :)

EDIT: P.S. My good deeds were rewarded today when the waitress gave me a free milkshake at lunch! :D

Edited by Brian
  • Like 7

Saw my brother again yesterday.

Turns out he has two separate leg problems. One is a torn left Achilles tendon, where it attaches to the calf muscle rather than the heel side. This has prevented him from running for over a year and has made walking painful as well.

The other is pitting edema in both ankles. Reducing his salt intake helps with the swelling but he isn't terribly careful about his diet and is currently away from home and predominantly eating at restaurants.

I used wai qi liao fa...

He told me this afternoon that the swelling is greatly reduced, and that he walked for more than a mile this AM with no pain at all.

Still no pain in his triceps either.

EDIT: Drew, please pay attention -- my brother is bigger than most of the guys you are talking about in your bench-pressing thread and he is now turning to me to help heal his lifting-related deterioration.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 4

Case Report

Tuesday, I was at a hospital due to a family issue (and a related healing I'm not yet prepared to share) and my sister-in-law (the one with the back problem in some earlier posts) told my brother that he should tell me about his arm. He replied that it was a "physical problem" rather than just a pain -- at which point she punched him...

A little back story -- my brother has been powerlifting for nearly 40 years.

My brother on the right:

attachicon.gifJeff-and-Chris-Smith.jpg

He told me, that over a year ago, he was bench-pressing 485 lbs and tore the tendon connecting triceps to elbow. (Shortly after that photo above, actually, and you'll notice he has that elbow supported...) He heard an audible pop and said it felt like a venetian blind rolling up. Fortunately, his spotters were paying attention. Doctor told him he needed surgery to reconnect it but he decided to wait ('cause he's hard-headed!) He said it still hurts any time he pushes with that arm, like pushing up out of a chair, for instance, but has gotten much better than it was and no longer hurts all the time.

When things quieted down, we talked a little about how bulky muscles impede the flow of energy in the body and that maybe it was time at his age to think about preserving muscle tone, etc. I don't expect any dramatic change but I made an effort. Then I took him around the corner and away from both family and hospital staff.

Set my intent on helping him find his destiny (and healing his arm) and then used wai qi liao fa for about ten minutes, projecting to and pulling from the injury as well as to/from some appropriate points along certain meridians -- and his shoulder (which he hadn't mentioned until after he saw me pointing there...)

I then asked how he felt and he told me he felt a little spacey so I had him lean up against the wall for a minute (he weighs too much for me to try to catch, even though I'm 6'3" & 210 lbs myself). His initial reaction was that the pain was gone but 20 minutes later he told me it was right back to usual -- and told his wife that it was a "physical problem" after all...

Wednesday morning, he told me it was better but still bothering him. This morning, he texted me to tell me that he had no pain at all in that tendon -- and that his ankles weren't bothering him as much, either. I called him to ask for more info.

Turns out that his Achilles tendons in both legs have been inflamed for several months, to the point where he had to stop running and lately had been having trouble walking. Because these techniques work on the complete person rather than just a particular pain-point, the Light worked on his ankles without my involvement.

I'll be seeing him again tomorrow... :)

EDIT: P.S. My good deeds were rewarded today when the waitress gave me a free milkshake at lunch! :D

Saw my brother again yesterday.

Turns out he has two separate leg problems. One is a torn left Achilles tendon, where it attaches to the calf muscle rather than the heel side. This has prevented him from running for over a year and has made walking painful as well.

The other is pitting edema in both ankles. Reducing his salt intake helps with the swelling but he isn't terribly careful about his diet and is currently away from home and predominantly eating at restaurants.

I used wai qi liao fa...

He told me this afternoon that the swelling is greatly reduced, and that he walked for more than a mile this AM with no pain at all.

Still no pain in his triceps either.

EDIT: Drew, please pay attention -- my brother is bigger than most of the guys you are talking about in your bench-pressing thread and he is now turning to me to help heal his lifting-related deterioration.

Good!

Your skills appear to have had a good bump since the last workshop. You are doing very well in your practice!

This type of healing is desperately needed in today's world - nothing else even comes close.

Future's Medicine Today!

• Like 3

Thank you, Ya Mu. This is the second time in a row when a workshop was immediately followed by a healing opportunity (not my brother's minor ailments, mind you) that has stretched my own disbelief, giving me the option to follow my insight or to reject it and leave the health of a loved one in the hands of medical professionals. The path taken proved rewarding, as you have said, and I have expanded as a result of it.

BTW, Gift of the Tao III is astounding!

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Thank you, Ya Mu. This is the second time in a row when a workshop was immediately followed by a healing opportunity (not my brother's minor ailments, mind you) that has stretched my own disbelief, giving me the option to follow my insight or to reject it and leave the health of a loved one in the hands of medical professionals. The path taken proved rewarding, as you have said, and I have expanded as a result of it.

BTW, Gift of the Tao III is astounding!

."..leave the health of a loved one in the hands of medical professionals"

It should be a combined integrated effort. Just think; if all the hospitals had several medical qigong therapists on staff - wow!

Unfortunately that is not the case. So we do have to choose. I have been called in to hospitals several times. Many times it was appalling at the competency level of the alleged professions.

Yes, Gift of Tao III is intense! Anyone wishing to learn can join us in Hilton Head.

• Like 2

Hey Michael had a question. When giving a medical Chi Kung session to someone else is it important to have the patient put there tongue to the roof of there mouth?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Not really, unless they have been practicing qigong.

One very simple but extremely neat thing that you can do:

Have them sit with their hands in their lap resting on legs with the palm up. Slightly tuck chin.

• Like 2

Not really, unless they have been practicing qigong.

One very simple but extremely neat thing that you can do:

Have them sit with their hands in their lap resting on legs with the palm up. Slightly tuck chin.

Cool, thanks.

Ya Mu, someone recommended you and Chunyi Lin in a Reddit thread about cancer treatment that I found very interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ofujl/iama_39_year_old_that_is_now_cancer_free_after/ccs1n3n

I cannot recommend QiGong healers enough, especially for 'incurable diseases'. Chunyi Lin and Michael Lomax. Michael Lomax trained with Wang Juemin, a 'National Treasure' of China, an adept who run an entire hospital for decades curing the incurable without even touching the patients.

People tend to shrug off this recommendation because they are not familiar with it, but there is ample proof for the tremendous effectivity of this treatment if done by qualified individuals. You can even do a distance healing over the phone for less than $100, and it takes 15 minutes. Can't hurt to try.

The amount of adversity the poster faced regarding his suggestion of Qigong healing is really interesting. One person even said:

No words in any language that I speak could aptly convey the hatred I feel towards you.

What do you make of this?

• Like 1

Ya Mu, someone recommended you and Chunyi Lin in a Reddit thread about cancer treatment that I found very interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ofujl/iama_39_year_old_that_is_now_cancer_free_after/ccs1n3n

The amount of adversity the poster faced regarding his suggestion of Qigong healing is really interesting. One person even said:

What do you make of this?

Someone posted their knowledge & experience then several who were ignorant posted their skepticism. Not unlike what often happens here.

Dare I use one of the mo pai guy's expressions? Is 99.999999999999% of the world as a whole ignorant of medical qigong? I actually think we have made inroads in the last 30 years and that number has changed to a better representation. But if you pick 100 people at random on the street and ask them about medical qigong you most probably wouldn't get a hit. Pick 1000 and you would be lucky to find one person. !0,000 and yeah, there may be 5-10.

These are just guesses and don't have anything to do with fact - other than observation. My point is most do not know of it and very few understand it. Just look at this board which should represent a better educated totality of understanding of the Chinese arts. From what I have seen, there are very few on here who understand medical qigong although most have actually heard about it. Therefore looking at the population as a whole brings about a discouraging fact: More education of the population is needed.

• Like 5

Thank you Ya Mu.

If I had a dollar for every person that has changed opinion after personal experience, I'll have lots of dollars. It irks me somewhat when people are so close-minded when I know, I know they'll change their opinion at the snap of a finger after one experience. With their eyes growing wide in amazement, like the horses during treatment.

Alas, I am them, and they are me.

• Like 4

Thank you Ya Mu.

If I had a dollar for every person that has changed opinion after personal experience, I'll have lots of dollars. It irks me somewhat when people are so close-minded when I know, I know they'll change their opinion at the snap of a finger after one experience. With their eyes growing wide in amazement, like the horses during treatment.

Alas, I am them, and they are me.

bold mine

Yes, this tells all.

When a person has been hurting for years, and been through the drugs, and been through chiropractic, and been through everything else they know without help, and then hear of this person who does "this weird stuff waving their hands around" and only go to our clinic because their spouse keeps after them to try it, but don't believe worth a damn that someone can make any difference without touching, and tells you so when they walk in - these are the people that it is worth a pot of gold to watch their eyes growing wide in amazement, saying "I can't believe it! I don't hurt anymore!

Of course we all do feel joy, wonder, and amazement when watching any person who hurts all of sudden experience no pain. It truly is a blessing to be able to help these people.

• Like 5

To Write: 0D (1/0) [bit] =>1D (10101010) [byte]

=> 2D:

[Word]

=> Write-ing [Language]

=> Black Hole Horizon (x,y,z) [Mass, Charge, Angular Momentum]

Text: 1D => 2D

Picture: 2D => 3D

Video: 3D => 4D

[black Hole Existence/Evaporation]

Being: 4D => 5D

Being: 5D => 0D

Would you agree? What could you say?

Edited by fluidity

Ya Mu, I have received all the DVD's today, thank you.

I'm quite impressed with the look of GOT1/2, I'm going to love adding that to my small repertoire.

I also received the Taoist Medicine DVD's, but I had hoped to see demonstration of the hot/cold projection and sick Qi removal as described in your book. It seems like the main part of your medicine is the spinal palpation and neuro-energetic feedback treatment, so when did you normally do hot/cold projection in treatment (in general)?