Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

Thank you. Even though I feel a hint of annoyance in your speech. The problem was not that I could not learn to achieve this.. as I already have since that time ago. The problem was that his idea assisting was me giving him money. Everything has a price? Every CAN have a price. Nothing NEEDS a price. But if you price another, you shall be priced in return. Money is a symbol, in essence it is worth nothing. To trade a service for a service or a technique for a technique, now THIS is acceptable. But my attempt for information was blatantly ignored and bartered away.

Not much i can say to that, except that i imagine that is up to the decision of the teacher in how he decides to share his Knowledge and Lineage. Some teachers teach for free....others charge....either way both have to find a way to make a living and feed themselves.

I recall seeing one teacher on this site that was charging 4000$ dollars for a seminar.....is that teacher a fake?....I don't know........but i think it is simply up to the teacher to decide how to share his knowledge and for the student to decide whether he wishes to recieve it or not......and whether it resonates with him on a deep enough level to invest the years required in studying that art.

I wish you the best of luck in your practices. My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Thank you. Even though I feel a hint of annoyance in your speech. The problem was not that I could not learn to achieve this.. as I already have since that time ago. The problem was that his idea assisting was me giving him money. Everything has a price? Every CAN have a price. Nothing NEEDS a price. But if you price another, you shall be priced in return. Money is a symbol, in essence it is worth nothing. To trade a service for a service or a technique for a technique, now THIS is acceptable. But my attempt for information was blatantly ignored and bartered away.

Now are you telling the truth here? I certainly would not accept you as a student. You may get by sneaking into a workshop but no teacher I have ever met is going to share with you with this type of attitude. I suggested you actually study medical qigong and enroll in a school but I can see it was the wrong suggestion as one can't learn anything unless they are willing to do so. Reading books is not the same thing as studying medical qigong but believe what you wish.

You say on one hand you didn't know what to do then turn around and say you already know all about it. Sounds to me as if you have ulterior motives for DERAILING A THREAD which is allegedly against forum rules. This thread topic is plainly marked. Why not start your own thread about why teachers with knowledge are evil? I am sure you will have many admirers.

• Like 2

Now are you telling the truth here? I certainly would not accept you as a student. You may get by sneaking into a workshop but no teacher I have ever met is going to share with you with this type of attitude. I suggested you actually study medical qigong and enroll in a school but I can see it was the wrong suggestion as one can't learn anything unless they are willing to do so. Reading books is not the same thing as studying medical qigong but believe what you wish.

You say on one hand you didn't know what to do then turn around and say you already know all about it. Sounds to me as if you have ulterior motives for DERAILING A THREAD which is allegedly against forum rules. This thread topic is plainly marked. Why not start your own thread about why teachers with knowledge are evil? I am sure you will have many admirers.

Hah. You are no teacher and I am certainly no student. My only motive is to discredit you. Which you surely deserve. I don't care about anything that happened between you and I, you just have unethical practices and ways and they disgust me.

Edited by Seekerofallthatislight
  • Like 1

Hah. You are no teacher and I am certainly no student. My only motive is to discredit you. Which you surely deserve. I don't care about anything that happened between you and I, you just have unethical practices and ways and they disgust me.

You should be banned and your posts removed as you are still attempting to derail the thread. But you are finally truthful in posting a part of your motive. Speaking of disgusting...

• Like 1

*shakes head in disbelief*

So, getting back on topic...

I've noticed that at certain points during a session of Stillness-Movement I'll get this sudden urge to just stop...once or twice it was so overwhelming that I did, but usually I try to just bring my focus back to Dan Tien. When I do that the urge usually settles down and I can get back into the "rhythm" as it were. Is that just the monkey mind trying to wrest my attention away?

I'm impressed by the aftereffects of the practice. When I'm done with a session, my body feels like it moves more freely.

Can't wait for the workshop in November. Finally got registered!

• Like 2

So, getting back on topic...

I've noticed that at certain points during a session of Stillness-Movement I'll get this sudden urge to just stop...once or twice it was so overwhelming that I did, but usually I try to just bring my focus back to Dan Tien. When I do that the urge usually settles down and I can get back into the "rhythm" as it were. Is that just the monkey mind trying to wrest my attention away?

I'm impressed by the aftereffects of the practice. When I'm done with a session, my body feels like it moves more freely.

Can't wait for the workshop in November. Finally got registered!

It certainly can just be mental interference. But another thing that can happen is when we reach a certain "flushing with qi" level. At this point one has reached the minimum level of practice required to have really gotten an acceptable effect. Most of us, however, do go back into it so as to optimize our session. In other words, some people stop here and have gotten a very good effect but those of us who go back to dan tian and do more practice get optimal effect.

See you at the ocean!

• Like 4

It certainly can just be mental interference. But another thing that can happen is when we reach a certain "flushing with qi" level. At this point one has reached the minimum level of practice required to have really gotten an acceptable effect. Most of us, however, do go back into it so as to optimize our session. In other words, some people stop here and have gotten a very good effect but those of us who go back to dan tian and do more practice get optimal effect.

See you at the ocean!

I see! Thanks for the response! That leads me into another question...I know the answer is "yes" with other systems (like Kunlun), but is there such a thing as too much practice with Stillness-Movement?

I see! Thanks for the response! That leads me into another question...I know the answer is "yes" with other systems (like Kunlun), but is there such a thing as too much practice with Stillness-Movement?

If you practice more than 24 hours a day or more than 7 days a week it could bring time-warp related problems, then again we're dealing with non-linear here.

So just posting how things have been for me with SM lately.

Almost every time I practice now, I'll do the movements, close my eyes, then space and time disappear. I'll set the alarm for an hours worth of practice and I'll come to with the alarm going of. Just a general sense of timelessness.

Or my fiance will ask me a question, and I'll think I've opened my eyes, looking around, when I've still got my eyes closed. It's like everything occurs so vivid in my minds eye that I'm looking at.

Generally feels great, sometimes bliss, usually heat, but for the most part timelessness and energy moving.

Regardless, practice seems like it is moving along really well, and majorly excited to be going to the November seminar.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 4

So just posting how things have been for me with SM lately.

Almost every time I practice now, I'll do the movements, close my eyes, then space and time disappear. I'll set the alarm for an hours worth of practice and I'll come to with the alarm going of. Just a general sense of timelessness.

Or my fiance will ask me a question, and I'll think I've opened my eyes, looking around, when I've still got my eyes closed. It's like everything occurs so vivid in my minds eye that I'm looking at.

Generally feels great, sometimes bliss, usually heat, but for the most part timelessness and energy moving.

Regardless, practice seems like it is moving along really well, and majorly excited to be going to the November seminar.

John

Wow! I sure would like to experience this kind of timelessness, never yet had this with any practice, including this one. But good things come to those who wait, not to mention those who invest time & effort.

• Like 1

Wow! I sure would like to experience this kind of timelessness, never yet had this with any practice, including this one. But good things come to those who wait, not to mention those who invest time & effort.

Yeah me too, sounds incredible John thanks for sharing. Very inspiring.

• Like 1

Initially, we ask students to practice 1 hr per day and we ask healers who work in clinic to practice minimum of 3-5 hrs per day. Eventually, we get where we have constant awareness of the energetics of Stillness-Movement vibration; so 24/7.

--------------------------

Timelessness - very common with this system. Can't predict when it will happen for any particular practitioner.

• Like 5

A student sent me this. Interesting, out of the mouth of babes.

8 year old with headache & sore throat

Medical qigong for just a couple of minutes

Lethargic, obviously feeling bad. All of a sudden the eyes light up and it is "WOW, this stuff really works!", then runs off to play.

• Like 3

Another interesting Case Study:

Recently attempted my first try at a distance healing. Distance treatment is a technique within SM Medical Qigong that Michael teaches as a student reaches appropriate development in their practice.

Anyways, I received a call from my Mom about her friend who was going through tremendous pain. She apparently had a lot of hip and lower back pain. She had been on heavy doses of pain meds for over a year trying to ease the issue. However being a nurse, it was against the rules to be using so much pain meds so she was forced to quit. The result was a return of the horrible pain as well as very bad withdrawal symptoms from the sudden lack of medication.

So with my work cut out for me, I attempted to give it a try and do my best to help make a difference in her condition. I began the treatment and did it for as long as I felt seemed necessary. From my end of things it was an interesting experience, I truly felt like I connected with her energy while treating her. After the treatment I made a prayer for the will of the Light to be done and hoped it made a difference. BTW I never told her when or if I was going to do a treatment, I just did it.

The next morning the email I got was no short of amazing. Heres a quote from what she said," I woke up feeling great. No pain. Not a trace of withdrawal. Unbelievable. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to say what I feel."

This shows not only shows the unbelievable efficiency of this type of healing, but how it doesn't matter if the patient knows when it is going on so there is absolutely no placebo effect going on here.

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing, surfingbudda!

More evidence for efficacy of the system:

As I've stated in my PPJ, I've done some treatments on my friends. The first time I tried was out at the Renaissance Festival. One of my coworkers hurt their toe in their boots and came in back where I was taking my break. After she took her boots off, I asked her if she'd mind if I tried something. I did a short treatment on the toe, and afterwords she was amazed that it had stopped hurting.

I've also done some treatments on the leathersmith I'm learning from - he's got tennis elbow, and while the treatments I've given him haven't "cured" it, he does experience pain relief (until he goes and messes it up again with working, lol.) He was really skeptical about the whole qigong workshop I went off to do, and appears to be continually amazed that his elbow feels better after I point at it for a few minutes, hahaha.

What impresses me the most is how effective it is when I haven't even been practicing for long and am FRESH out of a workshop. It feels very "Tao" too, because I'm not even really doing anything, just letting it happen. What blows me away even more is I wasn't even confident those treatments I did would work. It's hard to get a more solid validation than having a technique work even when you think there's a good chance that it won't.

• Like 3

What blows me away even more is I wasn't even confident those treatments I did would work. It's hard to get a more solid validation than having a technique work even when you think there's a good chance that it won't.

Happens to me every time lol

Another interesting Case Study:

Recently attempted my first try at a distance healing. Distance treatment is a technique within SM Medical Qigong that Michael teaches as a student reaches appropriate development in their practice.

Anyways, I received a call from my Mom about her friend who was going through tremendous pain. She apparently had a lot of hip and lower back pain. She had been on heavy doses of pain meds for over a year trying to ease the issue. However being a nurse, it was against the rules to be using so much pain meds so she was forced to quit. The result was a return of the horrible pain as well as very bad withdrawal symptoms from the sudden lack of medication.

So with my work cut out for me, I attempted to give it a try and do my best to help make a difference in her condition. I began the treatment and did it for as long as I felt seemed necessary. From my end of things it was an interesting experience, I truly felt like I connected with her energy while treating her. After the treatment I made a prayer for the will of the Light to be done and hoped it made a difference. BTW I never told her when or if I was going to do a treatment, I just did it.

The next morning the email I got was no short of amazing. Heres a quote from what she said," I woke up feeling great. No pain. Not a trace of withdrawal. Unbelievable. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to say what I feel."

This shows not only shows the unbelievable efficiency of this type of healing, but how it doesn't matter if the patient knows when it is going on so there is absolutely no placebo effect going on here.

" I woke up feeling great. No pain. Not a trace of withdrawal. Unbelievable."

Good job! You are doing very well. Makes the heart glad to hear this from folks, doesn't it? Makes it all worth it.

"This shows not only shows the unbelievable efficiency of this type of healing, but how it doesn't matter if the patient knows when it is going on so there is absolutely no placebo effect going on here."

And, it doesn't matter if the patient doesn't believe it will work. The more that experience medical qigong's efficacy the better, as it is truly an awesome thing to experience.

Thanks for sharing, surfingbudda!

More evidence for efficacy of the system:

As I've stated in my PPJ, I've done some treatments on my friends. The first time I tried was out at the Renaissance Festival. One of my coworkers hurt their toe in their boots and came in back where I was taking my break. After she took her boots off, I asked her if she'd mind if I tried something. I did a short treatment on the toe, and afterwords she was amazed that it had stopped hurting.

I've also done some treatments on the leathersmith I'm learning from - he's got tennis elbow, and while the treatments I've given him haven't "cured" it, he does experience pain relief (until he goes and messes it up again with working, lol.) He was really skeptical about the whole qigong workshop I went off to do, and appears to be continually amazed that his elbow feels better after I point at it for a few minutes, hahaha.

What impresses me the most is how effective it is when I haven't even been practicing for long and am FRESH out of a workshop. It feels very "Tao" too, because I'm not even really doing anything, just letting it happen. What blows me away even more is I wasn't even confident those treatments I did would work. It's hard to get a more solid validation than having a technique work even when you think there's a good chance that it won't.

Very good! Yes, the fact that this system can be utilized immediately is difficult for the mind to wrap around its doubtful tendrils. But as long as you practice you WILL get the results.

Just do. Results will be there. You are going to be very good at this.

• Like 4

Very good! Yes, the fact that this system can be utilized immediately is difficult for the mind to wrap around its doubtful tendrils. But as long as you practice you WILL get the results.

Just do. Results will be there. You are going to be very good at this.

Thanks! I'm just so happy to have found something that works. Not only happy, but grateful. It really does a lot to restore a man's faith in the Light.

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm just so happy to have found something that works. Not only happy, but grateful. It really does a lot to restore a man's faith in the Light.

Thought this ^^^ was worth repeating!

• Like 1

This is Kempomaster posting an experience from this past weekend.

I was invited to give a Qigong Demonstration at a Martial Arts Camp in Indianapolis, Indiana - This camp was part of a 3 day festival celebrating Professor George Dillman's 70th Birthday.

Prior to this event many of the participants had been studying various forms of Qigong including but not limited to Wild Goose Qigong and many had shared with me that they had invested up to a year or more of study and purchased many dvd's yet were not feeling any of the energetics. Now, I can't speak to the actual time and effort each of these individuals may have put into developing a feel for the Qi but what transpired was truly eye opening.

First, I took about 10 -15 minutes to introduce my audience (approx 35+ Martial artists) to my Teacher - Michael Lomax and the Stillness-Movement Lineage, Including Master Wang Jue Min as well as the 5 Masters that he studied with, I also briefly intoduced Dr. Vincent Graef as he represented the Taoist Medicine Lineage. Since I was working with Martial Artist - I felt compelled to tell a story about Master Hu Yao Zhen (one of Master Wang's teachers) - Master Hu in addition to being a Master of Qigong was also Master of Xingi (martial arts) and was regarded for his technique - single finger shakes heaven and earth.

After my 15 minute intro - I had 45 minutes left to work movements from Gift of the Tao with a group of individuals that had NEVER worked these movements. NEVER WORKED THESE MOVEMENTS. I Taught the 1st three movements - in slow motion -- so we could all move with the QI - FEEL the Qi -- we did this for about 10 minutes.. After 10 minutes we started over and did the same three movements again -- slow motion -- Move with the QI -- FEEL the QI. WE HEATED UP THE ROOM so much -- we had to take a short break and get water and re-group.

WE Worked Movements for a total of about 40 minutes - then I accepted questions for 5 minutes before my allotted time was up. RESULTS: Overwhelming -- the crowd announced immediate results like no other Qigong they had tried before they felt the QI.....THEY were so impressed that they actually FELT the QI. AFTER JUST THE FIRST SESSION -- they didn't have to buy multiple dvd's, attend muliple seminars etc etc before they started to feel the Qi -- they got it after just 40 minutes. Now that didn't happen in 100% of the cases. There were some people that were trying to use Martial technique -- snap, snap , man handle etc -- rather, then soft, smooth, easy, handle and absorb the Qi

As I worked with the group though - more and more people kept flowing into the room -- by the time my 1 hour was done -- I had over 50 people in the room that were all trying to get caught up and learn the 5 moves from the Gift of the Tao that I taught.

Next, I did 3 REAL time Healing Demo's -- chose 3 from the crowd that approached me -- 100% results -- I will report on those next -- I did have to leave the room after that -- because all 50 were wanting some healing after the 1st three got results.

thanks for reading.

Brion

aka Kempomaster

• Like 5

Thanks for posting that, Kempomaster...I was wondering how that event was going to go for you. :)

I look forward to the report on the 3 healing demos.

Case Report: As Reported Above I was approached by an approximately 30 yr old female attendee at the Martial arts/Qigong Demo in Indianapolis - she mentioned that during the time that she was doing the Gift of the Tao Movements she was having a lot of shaking in her legs. I suggested that this may not be unusual that her body may be trying to shake off sick or stagnant Qi while she was doing the Gift of the Tao movements and as a test a projected Qi at her abdomen and in fact her legs started to shake.

So I asked her if she would mind being a test subject.

Treatment: Project Qi to assorted channels throughout the legs to open these channels including - gall bladder, stomach, spleen, liver, kidney, and bladder, during the treatment I inquired to the patient how she had injured her back. She immediately looked at me with that look -- How did you know? as we had not discussed a back injury! she said she had injured her back riding horses several years earlier - so the treatment expanded from her legs to also included her back along her spine and bladder channel on both sides of the back. I continued to project to these channels and pull sick Qi until I felt the treatment was complete.

Then I tested with another test shot of Qi to the abdomen -- this time NO leg shaking. I asked the patient to walk around and self-assess her legs. She said they felt much LIGHTER and not like they had before and now she had no back pain - even though she had not brought the back pain to my attention before. So she felt 100% better.

The treatment took me approximately 15 minutes to administer.

• Like 1

Case Report#2 Also From Indianapolis Qigong Demo

Water Qigong/ Kung Fu

Female Patient in her Mid 50's having recntly returned from Canada and having had a multi-night stay in Hotels. She had gotten fairly severe sinus congestion, stuffinus etc as a result of her hotel stay.

Treatment: Utilize Medical Qigong Treatment Directed towards water then have the patient ingest the water - wait a few minutes for the result.

(Patient - had more than 1 issue - so I went ahead and was treating a different issue then checkedback in with the patient on her congestion issue after approximately 5 minutes to see - so this was a self-assessment by the patient to determine whether to water-Fu was an effective treatment for her congestion)

Result: Patient after 5 minutes was amazed that her sinus congestion was completely cleared and the sinus pressure and throat pain that she was having was eliminated at that poin in time. The other treatment that I gave her was for plantar fascitis and that treatment took an additional 20 minutes after which I again checked on the congestion and again 20 minutes after that and she was still congestion free and the patient had determined that the water fu treatment was an incredible success.

I will report later on the foot treatment that was given as I will contact the patient and ask for her to given me an account of how she feels 4 days post=treatment.

thanks,

Brion

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm just so happy to have found something that works.

Exactly.

Kempomaster: Good work. I bet those who felt real energetics for the first time had wondrous expressions on their face.

• Like 2