Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

Thankyou for your answer, YaMu. Perfect sounding practice.:)

well, perhaps the England People will get it together.. I look forward to it.

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Taoist Healing Arts

Simplified case studies, continued

I had posted this in another thread:

Simplified Case Study

Stroke Patient:

Called me the day after stroke while in hospital. Patient was extremely emotional and belligerent, others could not understand speech, paralyzed on one side.

Treatment method: Taoist Healing Arts-Clinical Qigong; Wei Qi Liao Fa

Results: First session (same day) - Immediately settled down, no remaining belligerence nor intense emotion state, immediate 25% improvement in speech intelligibility. 2nd session next day - 50% improvement in speech intelligibility. 3rd session (3rd day) - patient able to somewhat move leg, speech at 90-95%

I just followed this up by making an 8 hr drive this past weekend to work on this patient in the rehab center hospital. What I posted above was with distance wei qi liao fa.

Noticed that speech was still about 90%. Unable to move R shoulder, arm, hand, some leg and ft mobility, ankle totally locked.

I gave an hour treatment. When I first started projecting, the family member in the room became overheated in the first few moments of the session so I had to back off on the intensity a bit (been easier if they were not there but couldn't be helped).

RESULTS:

Immediate 100% speech. Immediate freeing and movement of shoulder. Immediate freeing, to a smaller degree, of more leg movement. Patient reported feeling circuits open up all over body and through arm.

After 1 week, here is what was reported:

ALL of his therapists and doctors have been totally amazed at his progress. His speech therapist dismissed him the Monday after treatment saying he somehow was back to normal(he had just entered the rehab center the Friday before this Monday). Neurologist has been in email contact with me as he was really impressed with recovery rate and wanted to know more about this type of therapy. General consensus is that this patient is 6 months ahead of the curve.

Patient still has recovery to do and I will continue with distance sessions once a week.

• Like 2

Guest paul walter

Ya Mu, thanks for what you do for others. Can I ask--do you keep follow-up records of medium to long-term recovery of the cases you have posted. Interested to know whether there is any reversal/stabilisation of conditions in the treatments you've posted. Paul.

I have had several inquiries from England and recently someone who said they would investigate possibilities of sponsoring a workshop there. All it would take is enough people and a place to have the workshop.

Count me in.

Ya Mu, thanks for what you do for others. Can I ask--do you keep follow-up records of medium to long-term recovery of the cases you have posted. Interested to know whether there is any reversal/stabilisation of conditions in the treatments you've posted. Paul.

I do keep records. But a large number of folks come in for just a few sessions and don't need to follow up. Yesterday a person came in for a first-time visit who had attending a brief lecture I did a few years ago. I didn't really remember but this person told me that a pain that had been with them for over 10 years left when I did a 3 min demo at the lecture - and hasn't come back since. I meet folks all the time who I worked on years ago who come up to me and say they never came back to see me because they didn't need to. Others come back for an entirely new and different reason. But sometimes, in the case of some types of chronic pain, we can take away the pain but due to lifestyle,etc it can come back. And some of the immune cases were people who were terminal. I never get cases that "just happened", or at least I usually don't. I get the last resort sort of people who have tried everything they can think of. And still these techniques yield a huge success rate as in long-term stabilization and reversal.

But making a difference - this is what it is all about. When someone asks me can I help them I say I don't know but will try my best.

• Like 2

Guest paul walter

Thanks for the reply Ya Mu, Paul.

Michael,

you are showing an amazing case load of succesful clinical applications of your method of therapy. Truly awesome stuff. Most of the conditions you are treating seem to be physical pathologies, phisiological malfunctions and trauma and pain. You also say that you are specialized in pain reduction. Even you have mention some cases of anxiety and sexual dysfunction, which has a psychological root most of the times, I am wondering if you could ellaborate more on the application of taoist medicine more on the emotional, psychological and behavioural level. At the spirit level as they say in TCM.

I am thinking in patients with depression, fear, neurosis ar other kind of clinical mental disorder and specially in non clinical treatment of some emotional or spiritual situations that could be more normal like inability to make decisions, lack of assertiveness and self esteem, feelings of being lost or empty, melancholy, excessive worries, etc...Symptoms that are considered and treated energetically in TCM, specially in some styles that focus particularly on the spirit.

Thanks a lot.

I had been asked to elaborate on the Taoist medicine that I practice and teach. So I thought I would make the attempt.

This is a rare form of therapy that is not well known. SO you are not going to find it in books; there is a reason for that.

The therapy REQUIRES the therapist/doctor/healer to have already refined/developed their qi to where they are comfortable manipulating energy.

This system was called simply "Taoism" by my teacher. I have added descriptive terms to clarify as much as possible what it really is, and call it Taoist Neuro-Energetic Chi Kung Bodywork.

Instead of the classically described channels as utilized in what we know as TCM, this system utilizes the nerve synapse energy response. So a microcosmic (think directed "thin" stream of qi) qi projection is used direct into each nerve synapse that displays an out of balance response upon palpation. SO a large part of the initial training to learn this method requires a student to develop neuro-energetic palpation skills.

Then a feedback and control loop is established with the signal going into the nerve synapse with the neurological response monitored as the feedback and the control signal modified dependent upon the information received from the feedback loop.

So in essence the "treatment" and "diagnosis" are dynamically changing all the time during the session, based upon the feedback and control loop.

I have utilized this method with close to 100% success rate with most any kind of pain syndrome and have had extreme results with helping people with any type of neuropathy including diabetic neuropathy.

This method has consistently worked when methods such as needle acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. have failed.

But it is NOT a "back treatment" method or a "pain therapy" but is really the essence of preventive medicine, designed to eliminate dis-ease before it manifests as a disease.

A person could watch it done for a thousand years and not know how to do it. I could write a step-by-step formula on how to do the method and a person would not know how to do it from the written formula. In fact, a person cannot learn this method until they have practiced it and they can not practice it until they have learned it. Now I ask, is this not the "true" Tao?

Disclaimer: Please do not try to perform this technique based upon this description. You can't.

I do not diagnose or treat anything and work strictly as a therapist. The conditions described above were physician diagnosed.

Ya Mu, in the sung dynasty Chinese medicine was destroyed. What is left is a basic excuse for using western med techniques with a bit, of timing, out of the Yellow Emperor's guide.

Ya Mu, in the sung dynasty Chinese medicine was destroyed. What is left is a basic excuse for using western med techniques with a bit, of timing, out of the Yellow Emperor's guide.

At one time I found many of the things in what is know today as TCM interesting, but let most of that drop to the wayside in order to practice Taoist Medicine and Medical Qigong.

• Like 1

Michael,

you are showing an amazing case load of succesful clinical applications of your method of therapy. Truly awesome stuff. Most of the conditions you are treating seem to be physical pathologies, phisiological malfunctions and trauma and pain. You also say that you are specialized in pain reduction. Even you have mention some cases of anxiety and sexual dysfunction, which has a psychological root most of the times, I am wondering if you could ellaborate more on the application of taoist medicine more on the emotional, psychological and behavioural level. At the spirit level as they say in TCM.

I am thinking in patients with depression, fear, neurosis ar other kind of clinical mental disorder and specially in non clinical treatment of some emotional or spiritual situations that could be more normal like inability to make decisions, lack of assertiveness and self esteem, feelings of being lost or empty, melancholy, excessive worries, etc...Symptoms that are considered and treated energetically in TCM, specially in some styles that focus particularly on the spirit.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

You may have missed this one posted earlier:

Presentation: A young person demonstrated inability to cope with going outside home and several other symptoms (I will not list them) associated with psychiatric / emotional disorders. Parents had taken this client to a number of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and counselors with no success. They were desperate (their words) to try something so drastic as a Taoist/Clinical Qigong Therapist.

Therapy was Taoist medicine, clinical qigong and teaching this person self-healing qigong. Multi-treatment situation.

Results:

After first session vast, almost unbelievable to me improvement. We did several sessions and the client started practicing qigong under my supervision. This person now leads a normal life.

Taoist Medical Therapeutics excels at helping people with many different problems. I specialize in pain elimination, but others do come to my clinic.

My students who have clinics have these same type results.

To expound on the above post: I met this person a couple of years later at their job. I was approached and the old "Hi, do you remember me" was given. I did but I was thinking "this happy, enthusiastic, personable and radiating person is the real you and the not-real-you was left behind.

I have mentioned this on this forum before but I have no index to quickly pull from so I will post again as it directly addresses your question.

In some circles this is a known thing. In most circles it is not a know thing.

There are basically 3 types of practitioners:

1) Low Level

This practitioner works on all things pertaining to the body.

2) Mid - Level

This practitioner works not only with the body but with the mind.

3) High Level

This practitioner works within Tao with only one goal, to help a person achieve his/her destiny.

This is where the Taoist Medicine is aimed. Not really concerned with the pain, the internal organ damage, the mental instability, the myriad things. But what happens because this is real Taoism is that by not addressing these things and keeping the Higher Level goal of helping the person achieve his/her destiny, then nothing gets not done. The pain goes away, the mental instability stabilizes, the internal organs heal because those things are not reflective of the person's Destiny. One could look at this as helping a person discover their real self.

Do nothing and nothing gets not done - Taoism / Taoist Medicine.

• Like 3

3) High Level

This practitioner works within Tao with only one goal, to help a person achieve his/her destiny.

This is where the Taoist Medicine is aimed. Not really concerned with the pain, the internal organ damage, the mental instability, the myriad things. But what happens because this is real Taoism is that by not addressing these things and keeping the Higher Level goal of helping the person achieve his/her destiny, then nothing gets not done. The pain goes away, the mental instability stabilizes, the internal organs heal because those things are not reflective of the person's Destiny. One could look at this as helping a person discover their real self.

I hope one day to have an opportunity to learn from you Michael.

Hi,

You may have missed this one posted earlier:

To expound on the above post: I met this person a couple of years later at their job. I was approached and the old "Hi, do you remember me" was given. I did but I was thinking "this happy, enthusiastic, personable and radiating person is the real you and the not-real-you was left behind.

I have mentioned this on this forum before but I have no index to quickly pull from so I will post again as it directly addresses your question.

In some circles this is a known thing. In most circles it is not a know thing.

There are basically 3 types of practitioners:

1) Low Level

This practitioner works on all things pertaining to the body.

2) Mid - Level

This practitioner works not only with the body but with the mind.

3) High Level

Yes, I did not read that case and indeed was exactly what I was missing from your case descriptions. Your answer is great and makes everything quite clear. Thanks a lot.

Following your words, I guess that you can say there has been a profound healing when a patient starts to practice qi gong for themselves after the treatment.

Would be very interesting if you keep posting more examples of the application of taoist medicine.

I hope one day to have an opportunity to learn from you Michael.

Me too

The possibility of a London workshop looks promising. Hopefully we will know something within the next few weeks.

Anyone that has an interest in this the email address is [email protected]

For the US folks we are trying to schedule another workshop near Indianapolis for flight convenience; attempting for November 13,14,15.

The possibility of a London workshop looks promising. Hopefully we will know something within the next few weeks.

Anyone that has an interest in this the email address is [email protected]

For the US folks we are trying to schedule another workshop near Indianapolis for flight convenience; attempting for November 13,14,15.

Both of these workshops are now scheduled. The Terre Haute, Indiana November 13,14 and optional 15th is to be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Terre Haute.

The London workshop is scheduled for January 22,23 and optional 24th, 2011. We have a nice retreat on 6 wooded acres for this one.

Join us to learn the Stillness-Movement Neigong and Taoist Medicine.

On to simplified case study of Taoist Medicine.

Presentation: Advanced Stage MS

Symptoms: Numbness through arms and hands. Numbness through lower torso, legs, and feet. Bowel and bladder function severely degraded. Pain throughout body. Inability to lift feet. Severe low energy.

Outcome: Hands no longer numb. Pain diminished for several days after session. Can lift feet higher. Energy better. Bowel and bladder function restored to a higher percentage.

Another one.

Presentation: Knee surgery intense inflammation and pain

Outcome: Pain gone and inflammation diminished immediately. Neither came back.

• Like 1

Ya Mu,

Which methods do you use for long distance healing work? My impression from reading the posts is that you use Wai Qi Liao Fa for long distance healing, and that taoist energetic medicine method you mentioned has to be used in person (because the practioner needs to sense the neuro-energetic palpations). Is Wai Qi Liao Fa something different than the taoist energetic medicine?

Thanks.

Ya Mu,

Which methods do you use for long distance healing work? My impression from reading the posts is that you use Wai Qi Liao Fa for long distance healing, and that taoist energetic medicine method you mentioned has to be used in person (because the practioner needs to sense the neuro-energetic palpations). Is Wai Qi Liao Fa something different than the taoist energetic medicine?

Thanks.

Correct.

A person has to be able to do Wai Qi Liao Fa in order to learn the Taoist Medicine; it is done in-person whereas the Wai Qi Liao Fa can be either in-person or distance.

• Like 1

"Correct.

A person has to be able to do Wai Qi Liao Fa in order to learn the Taoist Medicine; it is done in-person whereas the Wai Qi Liao Fa can be either in-person or distance."

So can a person (i.e. Me ;-)) learn from a distance to do Wai Qi Liao Fa?

Thanks!

"Correct.

A person has to be able to do Wai Qi Liao Fa in order to learn the Taoist Medicine; it is done in-person whereas the Wai Qi Liao Fa can be either in-person or distance."

So can a person (i.e. Me ;-)) learn from a distance to do Wai Qi Liao Fa?

Thanks!

Nope (at least not from me); need to attend a workshop and practice Stillness-Movement before considering healing others with external energy. The Wai Qi Liao Fa that I teach is inherently tied in with the Stillness-Movement practice. Consider attending the Terre Haute November workshop. Fly in to Indianapolis and I may can get you a ride to Terre Haute which is only about an hour from the airport. The workshop is held where we are staying so no need to drive anywhere.

Nope (at least not from me); need to attend a workshop and practice Stillness-Movement before considering healing others with external energy. The Wai Qi Liao Fa that I teach is inherently tied in with the Stillness-Movement practice. Consider attending the Terre Haute November workshop. Fly in to Indianapolis and I may can get you a ride to Terre Haute which is only about an hour from the airport. The workshop is held where we are staying so no need to drive anywhere.

Thanks Ya Mu! See PM for additional (boring details) questions.

Thanks for your post.

INTENT is indeed difficult to impossible to explain. It differs from intent in that it is not limited by time, distance, amplitude, or brain wave interaction. But this is simply talking around the thing itself for INTENT is it's own non-definable thing, only defined by it's outcome - Manifestation = energy & INTENT.

Most finish it in 3-4 years. Most people who enter my program already have the Anatomy & Physiology as well as acupuncture/acupressure knowledge. If not, they also need to take classes on the channels/points as well as college A&P.

What kind of cirriculum do you have set up?

-Is it neccessary to live in Missouri and constantly to be on site or do you have summer sessions where people come in and learn from you?

Edited by Tao Apprentice

What kind of cirriculum do you have set up?

-Is it neccessary to live in Missouri and constantly to be on site or do you have summer sessions where people come in and learn from you?

My students attend the workshops for the hours.