RongzomFan

Thread about Nothing

Hmm, that sounds cool :D

Is it safe to download that book? Would there be any viruses destroying my computer? :blink:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

It is called thogal.

It is based on the NOW. There are only two books in english that contain information on practice. One is "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" The other is "The Dalai Lama's Secret Temple"

By the way since I like everyone here, HERE IS A FREE COPY OF "HEART DROPS OF DHARMAKAYA"!!!

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1f5c413e-2880-4c...e-Bon-Tradition

Do not miss the download link where you can download a permanent pdf copy to your hard drive! The thogal information starts in chapter 3.

Basically, what you want to do, is stare, in an asana of your choice at the clear blue sky. Obviously this practice is therefore weather dependent. Rainbows will appear. Continue staring at the rainbows. Stay in stillness.

Result of practice is the highest attainment, the rainbow body also known as the ja lus. Please google these terms.

There are two types of rainbow body. One is the regular rainbow body. The other is the rainbow body of Great Transfer. To obtain the rainbow body of Great Transfer, I will go over in a later post.

When you stare at the blue sky, do not get confused by the entoptic effects:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entoptic_phenomenon

Basically the rainbows are spontaneously occurring in the NOW.

The rainbow body in buddism is a verified phenomenon. Every couple of years, comes another report of a practitioner's body shrinking to the size of a baby, carried around by the villagers, and then finally disappearing. (This type of rainbow body is the one obtained at "death". The Great Transfer light body is obtained while "alive" and without a corpse shrinking). I believe the benedictine monks are studying it right now, because it is Christ-like.

The buddists have several levels of attainment/realization. It starts at a low-level samadhi, then to kundalini types of realizations, all the way to the rainbow body. The rainbow body is the ultimate of ultimates, especially the type achieved before death. Thogal means "leapover" in Tibetan. Thogal skips all intermediate steps, and goes right to the end goal, the rainbow body.

I will reiterate again, the seed of the rainbow body is the NOW.

Also, for further clarification, even though the body is called the rainbow body, the practitioner in the end will NOT look like a bunch of rainbows. He will look like he always does, but when you touch him, your hand will go right through him! He does not cast a shadow. He can appear in any form. He has no limits, and can appear in any heaven or hell or astral plane. He has full knowledge, and reached the point of "no more learning"

What is crucial to understand, is that the physical brain limits our knowledge. When the body converts back to the 5 elements (the same 5 elements in hinduism, Bardon etc with the same names) represented by the colors of the rainbows, AUTOMATICALLY all obstructions to knowledge is removed.

You cannot gain full knowledge in the physical body! It is impossible. It just not compatibile with the higher reality. You can gain "a lot" admittedly through kundalini, but not full.

When you stare at the rainbows,certain energy body channels are automatically used (please refer to the books I mentioned).

Very cool! - sounds like Kunlun's Gold Dragon Body.

But, do you know anyone who has actually achieved this?

And what exactly do you mean by the seed is in the NOW?

Very cool! - sounds like Kunlun's Gold Dragon Body.

But, do you know anyone who has actually achieved this?

And what exactly do you mean by the seed is in the NOW?

now = present moment, mindfulness of activities etc

Sigh... Alwayson, please stop posting this around different forums, because you simply don't have a clue. Why don't you go post this kind of thing on E-sangha if you dare?

Thogal without a teacher and completed preliminaries is worthless, you might as well spend that time to watch TV. In fact, that would probably be much better.

actually none of that is true, but thanks for playing

I don't know what country you are in, but America is a free country :D

Edited by alwayson

what is Esangha?

ROFL... Don't bullshit me, you posted there. And you posted this on Yogani's forum as well. You could've at least changed your nick if you wanted to pretend something. :rolleyes:

actually none of that is true, but thanks for playing

No, thank you, you lost. Better luck next time maybe.

I don't know what country you are in, but America is a free country :D

I don't see what this has go to do with anything.

How about I do not post in your threads, you don't post in mine?

I think we can agree on that as common courtesy :)

Well I'm sorry but I don't agree. What is courteus is not lying and not spreading bad information. It's really not helpful to anyone.

And I don't care whether you post in my topics or not, so have at it if you want. (but I rarely make any anyway)

Hmm, that sounds cool :D

Is it safe to download that book? Would there be any viruses destroying my computer? :blink:

You can tell if something is going to destroy your computer by the file extension.

the file extension appears when you view the name of the file you are downloading.

ex: heartdrops.pdf

the file extension tells you what type of file you are downloading

what you just downloaded should be a .pdf which is an ebook usually opened with adobe.

(this list is pretty general there are many other file types, i have listed the ones i can remember off of the top of my head)

microsoft word documents are .doc .docx or .wps

music are usually .mp3 .wma .wav

movies can be .avi .mp4 .wmv

images are usually .jpeg

executable program files on windows are usually .exe .com .bat .cmd

executable program files can harm your computer or help it. you should be very careful about downloading programs on your computer. if it says it is a different type of file but has an executable program extension then it is almost always a virus.

different systems use different file extensions for program files. linux cant run .exe files normally so you are safer on linux systems in that respect. linux uses a different file extension for programs that can contain viruses but i forget what it is at the moment.

wikipedia file extensions

file extension library

^_^

If you do not have familiarity with the natural state, thogal is not going to work as well (but it will still work as Loppon comments in the book.)

Yes like I said, it's better to watch TV instead.

My posts are only introductory. Everyone should read up and contact their spiritual teachers for more information.

Why don't you say that at the beginning?

Yes like I said, it's better to watch TV instead.

Why don't you say that at the beginning?

Cool about the entopic effects now, Ive been wanting to know what was actually happening physiologically with the gold bright dots of light for years, I have seen them, often at the point of fainting "seeing stars" now I know the reason behind it, white blood cells moving around in capillaries of the eye. I can see this often at will without looking at the sky. I knew it was nothing special or clairvoyant but its nice to have an explanation, so thanks for posting that. And yes its true, without taking refuge, ngondro, preliminary empowerments, and having received transmisson from your lama for the thogyal, it's not likely you will get any result from this, unless you are some kind of tulku, but even then it's not very likely. TV.... lol, that's basically what would happen, you would see your own tv of your thoughts and subconscious playing around with you, and you probably wouldn't know how to keep cutting through and would just get wrapped up in the images and stories...like watching tv.

If you understand WHY thogal works, you can use it....period.

I have not posted why thogal works, so I'll leave it up to your research :)

All of the preliminaries relating to thogal, like running naked outside like a madmen, are only there to LESSEN attachments.

By tightly adhering to the notion of preliminaries, you are kind of defeating the whole point. You are creating more attachment.

Well there's nothing like a dramatic entrance! Have you by any chance received formal instruction in thogal from a Dzogchen master and their blessing to practice it?

I would only agree to some of what you said.

All of the preliminaries relating to thogal, like running naked outside like a madman, are only there to LESSEN attachments.

By tightly adhering to the notion of preliminaries, you are kind of defeating the whole point. You are creating more attachment.

Perhaps, I am not claiming to be an expert on this. It just seems that there is a certain progression in the Buddhist path in that you must do prerequisites before doing advanced stuff. You normally don't take an advanced genetics class without doing biology 101, because you might not understand very well and get quite confused, unless you are a genius and have all the knowledge by default then by all means.

The dharmakaya posture of the lion sitting sounds like a squatting seated spontaneous qi gong practice and interesting it is to release the wind of disturbing thoughts...however, the paragraph does not mention anything about spontaneous movements.

Edited by Xienkula1

I would only agree to some of what you said.

You can understand how a TV works too, but if you're blind it's not much use to you.

It's not a matter of research, but a matter of a teacher explaining it to you, which obviously you didn't receive.

All of the preliminaries relating to thogal, like running naked outside like a madman, are only there to LESSEN attachments.

You are simply showing more of your ignorance here.

Well from my point of view, I do not have an inherent existence as such, so your insults are just wasting server space. :)

LOL, what insults? I have actually been pretty nice, for me anyway, maybe it's something I ate today, I don't know.

At the moment, I am realizing that I need to focus on calming my thoughts and truly attaining some semblance of stillness of mind as well as defeating my furious need for desire and reward, as well as the desire to feed my ego and feel like Somebody in the world. These things seem to be the most basic, fundamental first steps towards whatever it is that enlightenment is and/or means which I don't feel i've come even remotely close to mastering,

but with that said, thanks for the post alwayson. It's nice to know for future reference should the subject ever arise. :)

Good question

Karmamudra is part of mahamudra completion stage.

Mahamudra completion stage and thogal are two independent ways to achieve the same goal.

I know that may sound wierd and confusing, but thats how I am told it is.

Many practitioners pursue both mahamudra completion stage and thogal (part of dzogchen practices) at the same time.

Dzogchen or 'Great Perfection' is a teaching in the Nyingmapa school (Red Hat) of Tibetan Buddhism and deals with mediatating directly on the nature of the mind to reach realization. Mahamudra (Great Seal) is the equivalent teaching in the Kagyu (Black Hat) school which is the central non-dualist meditation on the nature of the mind. The difference in the two schools lies in the teaching process. In Dzogchen the student is introduced directly to the nature of the mind by the master followed by practices to stabalize the experience. Mahamudra develops the practice through preliminary practices and the experience of the nature of the mind is introduced at a later stage. This is the only difference.

Karmamudra is about sexual symbolism within tantra.

Edited by apepch7