Sign in to follow this  
Flowingwater

Tuesday Lobsang Rampa

:D Hello Taoists,

this will be brief as it is more of a question to gain others opinions on the being in question; T. Lobsang Rampa.

Of the books this ones read ( which is 16 seperate titles ), my interest has gained respect for the author.

Was just wondering what other view points and knowledge others have gained from the books?

' The Hermit ' was certainly an incredibly written peice and broadened the open mind of this one even moreso. Especially as it was written with such ludicrous topic, to a non-believer, but actually written in a way that presented the idea/s ( which this one certainly doesn't doubt ), very lucidly and more importantly - very believable.

Any opinions/analysis would be welcomed.

Be happy

- Flowingwater

I remember Jack Kornfield saying good things about this British gentleman's books (Third Eye to be specific). I have not read the Hermit but the Third Eye is a good entertaining read...

Edited by SiliconValley

He's a fraud. His books are fiction.

Yep. If you want to understand Lobsang Rampa's trip you oughta read his books together with Mme. Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine - a multivolume work - and you will understand where all his ideas come from.

Mme. Blavatsky is considered " "one of most accomplished, ingenious, and interesting impostors in history."

However both Blavatsky and Lobsang Rampa created incredibly elaborate works so "we should not assume that just because Mr. Hoskin was a fraud that he did not sometimes have good advice. After all, even a broken clock is correct twice a day."

Personally, although I I salute their ability to make money by publishing pure horseshit for ignorants - from a pathological point of view I would place both of them on the thin border line between imagination and schizophrenia -

Unfortunately there are millions of people who prefer the pseudo or fake spirituality.

here's Lobsang before and after " the soul of a tibetan lama transmigrated into his body" - a theory which in itself is highly in contradiction with buddhist teachings.

cyrilhoskins.jpg

lobsang.jpg

And Blavatsky

blavatskyolcott.jpg

Keep it real guys - be present - learn to distinguish between imagination and reality with every breath that you take. Skepticism is an excelent tool if not taken to the extremes.

Edited by orb

Keep it real guys - be present - learn to distinguish between imagination and reality with every breath that you take. Skepticism is an excelent tool if not taken to the extremes.

I totally agree with orb.

These are tough times where fake gurus spread confusion and lies.

They are not our thoughts and beliefs but facts.

That's probably what Lobster Rampa and Blavastsky said too. :)

That's probably what Lobster Rampa and Blavastsky said too. :)

I don't see your point.

He's a fraud. His books are fiction.

Could very well be, but I read The Third Eye when I was 9 and finished the rest of them by 13 and that's what started me on my path.

BLESSINGS!!!

:D Hello Taoists,

this will be brief as it is more of a question to gain others opinions on the being in question; T. Lobsang Rampa.

Of the books this ones read ( which is 16 seperate titles ), my interest has gained respect for the author.

Was just wondering what other view points and knowledge others have gained from the books?

' The Hermit ' was certainly an incredibly written peice and broadened the open mind of this one even moreso. Especially as it was written with such ludicrous topic, to a non-believer, but actually written in a way that presented the idea/s ( which this one certainly doesn't doubt ), very lucidly and more importantly - very believable.

Any opinions/analysis would be welcomed.

Be happy

- Flowingwater

No thoughts just yet, but from what I have read, he sounds pretty cool.

I downloaded 19 books of his, that I intend to read soon.

I'm reading a few dozen right now.

Hopefully, in a few weeks, I will be able to start on his.

Thanks!:)

Edited by LeonBasin

Good point -- Castaneda was a fraud as well but inspired many people. Professor Rodney Needham proved he forged from a German who went to Japan in the 1940s to study Zen. The German was a fraud as well to a certain extent -- as are all Westerners probably on this stuff. haha.

a person that does not practice astral travel.....

is not a serious student of the occult.....

reading books is not enough....

you have to walk the walk.....

T.L. Rampa is not a representative of traditional Vajrayana....but i really enjoyed the books before and reading them was the stepping stone to go to a tibetan buddhism center and then learn authentic Vajrayana

I am still a fan of him in certain ways as the books are fun to read. I think Mr. Rampa was for many people the entry door to spiritual quest and practice ...even tho its not authentic tibetan buddhism by definition the books had a positive impact on many levels....

Edited by Marquis de Libaux

I never knew about astral travel and would probably never have found out if i hadn`t read Lobsang rampas books....

I read the first one in 1975......

But i didn`t get serious about astral travel until I began studying gnosticism....

the only way to confirm if something is true....

is to experience it....

there is no other way....

Sign in to follow this