SiliconValley

Shaktipat

Something interesting is that Swami G used to do distance shaktipat for certain people.

Back in the fall of 2003 I was in contact with her and was going to do that. It required a non digital photo to be taken, and worship of different deities (one of which was a shiva lingam stone that you poured water onto each morning...the other two I think were ganesha and kali). I was going to do it (although I thought it was very weird, especially to have a little altar in my dorm room) and for my sacrifice for the diksha, I offered my celibacy for a month since it was the biggest thing I could think of to give at the time...then I failed at being celibate the whole month and shortly after (for a different reason I believe) she started thinking it would be better to do it in person.

Does Gabriel Cousens give shaktipat? I did not see this anywhere on his site. Another shaktipat guru I think is Mark Griffin.

Yes, a friend of mine got it from Gabriel Cousens at the Golden Bridge in Los Angeles. She wasn't ready for it, and had problems dealing it with it for some time afterward.

I think you can add Santiago and Tao from UMAA Tantra to the list, and Dr. Morris's former colleague Susan Carlson as well.

I think chunui Lin the springforest guy offers a form of shaktipat, at least they do stuff like long distance third eye opening. Since his reputation is impecable and his powers are highly respected he seems like the right man to turn to. However, what he does might be a good bit milder than activating kundalini and some of the other stuff mentioned. It is al on his website so you can check out what he is actualy offering there.

Simply making a list is not of much use without personal feedback, so has anyone recieved a shaktipat from someone that they can reccomend? I once got a shaktipat from Gurumayai from the Siddha Yoga group and felt absolutely nothing. Hear a lot of good things about Muktunanda though-his shaktipat not his personal shortcomings.

Simply making a list is not of much use without personal feedback, so has anyone recieved a shaktipat from someone that they can reccomend? I once got a shaktipat from Gurumayai from the Siddha Yoga group and felt absolutely nothing.

Hard for me to say as I don't have much personal experience but Santiagos long distance transmission sure did "something" After the first one I felt energised and didn't need to sleep much for a week or so. He also sends us energy during KAP and the group meditation certanly seem more err "powerfull" than practicing alone.

Simply making a list is not of much use without personal feedback

That is the purpose of this list, to get feedback...you probably didn't read the first post and jumped in... :D

www.hardlight.org

His structure of shaktipat seems different from others.

Anyway, I received some 15 PMs about Mystress and every one said good things. My brother got me a b'day gift and guess what....a tummo session with Mystress (Sigmund actually). It is set up for 18th. After my Kunlun debacle, I am not too sure if I want to try anything new, especially that I am quite happy with my current practice. But then there is also this temptation you see... Still thinking what to do ...

Edited by SiliconValley

That is the purpose of this list, to get feedback...you probably didn't read the first post and jumped in... :D

His structure of shaktipat seems different from others.

Anyway, I received some 15 PMs about Mystress and every one said good things. My brother got me a b'day gift and guess what....a tummo session with Mystress (Sigmund actually). It is set up for 18th. After my Kunlun debacle, I am not too sure if I want to try anything new, especially that I am quite happy with my current practice. But then there is also this temptation you see... Still thinking what to do ...

Sorry did not read it carefully, guess my post served as a good bump because now I am getting more feedback :)

Yeah, a friend told me the same about Gurumayi. While she gave shaktipat, she was talking to someone, writing something, eating something and all that... Not that a real master needs to sit tight to transmit a spark...but he felt nothing as well... so far based on the feedback I've heard, Santi, Imransyah and Mystress are the three people where folks actually felt some energy...

Edited by SiliconValley

how about the hugging guru and Mother Meera?

Hugged one and saw the other. Did nothing. Hugging lady seemed to have a sense of innocence about her but her energy was kind of crude or unrefined. But somehow it didn't seem "pure" in spite of being unprocessed. People claim she is an incarnation of Kali, but Kali being the deity I am initiated into, there seems to be nothing similar. Kali is death and life in the same instance, with a huge shock value that turns everything into nothing at the drop of a hat and then there is a majestic silence which cannot be qualified with adjectives. While she is more loving than anything else in the world, expressions of her love can be in ways quite unexpected. When people talk of "top of bottom", "bottom to top", Kundalini being one of these and/or fire or water, it seems so funny, and so very ignorant. Energy, stillness and vibration are not really what the Divine Lady is all about but rather small aspects of her. Shakti itself is not the Divine Lady for it is merely one of the 36 principles that she transcends. And this shakti is what includes top down, bottom up, left right or fire or water and all that energetic stuff. From an areal view, these definitions really don't fit into the big picture on their own merit. Everything associated with her is spectacular, larger than life and extremely subtle at the same time. After all, the triad of the seer, the seen and the process of seeing are ONE. That being the case, how can the technique to approach the one beyond direction, movement or lack of these be confined or even possible to be defined through one of these phrases exhibiting limitation? That really seems to be the reason why saints in many cultures describe a truly divine awakening as spontaneous, as expanding and contracting at the same time in all directions. What does not fit this description indeed is an energetic phenomena, a signpost and simply that. And that hardly is of ultimate interest! So coming back, did not really feel anything on these lines about the hugging saint. She was ok, but felt nothing spectacular. As for Meera ... I know her rather well :D:D:D

Edited by SiliconValley

I received a shaktipat transmission 3 x by Tao Semko and each time my body was filled with huge amounts of energy that has only grown with my KAP practice.

Hugged one and saw the other. Did nothing. Hugging lady seemed to have a sense of innocence about her but her energy was kind of crude or unrefined. But somehow it didn't seem "pure" in spite of being unprocessed. People claim she is an incarnation of Kali, but Kali being the deity I am initiated into, there seems to be nothing similar. Kali is death and life in the same instance, with a huge shock value that turns everything into nothing at the drop of a hat and then there is a majestic silence which cannot be qualified with adjectives. While she is more loving than anything else in the world, expressions of her love can be in ways quite unexpected. When people talk of "top of bottom", "bottom to top", Kundalini being one of these and/or fire or water, it seems so funny, and so very ignorant. Energy, stillness and vibration are not really what the Divine Lady is all about but rather small aspects of her. Shakti itself is not the Divine Lady for it is merely one of the 36 principles that she transcends. And this shakti is what includes top down, bottom up, left right or fire or water and all that energetic stuff. From an areal view, these definitions really don't fit into the big picture on their own merit. Everything associated with her is spectacular, larger than life and extremely subtle at the same time. After all, the triad of the seer, the seen and the process of seeing are ONE. That being the case, how can the technique to approach the one beyond direction, movement or lack of these be confined or even possible to be defined through one of these phrases exhibiting limitation? That really seems to be the reason why saints in many cultures describe a truly divine awakening as spontaneous, as expanding and contracting at the same time in all directions. What does not fit this description indeed is an energetic phenomena, a signpost and simply that. And that hardly is of ultimate interest! So coming back, did not really feel anything on these lines about the hugging saint. She was ok, but felt nothing spectacular. As for Meera ... I know her rather well :D:D:D

Sorry Silicon, I have to disagree here. Shakti is every one of the 36 principles, not just one.

Even Parama Shiva - Outside the 36 is still with Shakti, otherwise he would be Impotent and unable to bring the all into manifestation. If it moves, has colour, Feeling, form, Dynamism or Power and Bliss it is Shakti and Shakti can not be removed from Shiva.

My Teacher gives Shaktipat from a distance over several days and all I can say is it is something Very special. Its like grace has touched all your meditations and it gives you surprises as well. I easily experience the Self under these blessed circumstances.

I was taught to give Kundalini Diksha (a form of Shaktipat) in Muktananda's tradition but I cant Imagine EVER charging for it as for me it Is a profound Religious experience between me and Shakti herself. I don't volunteer this service, Shakti tells me herself who is ripe for it. All I can say is 'I' have almost nothing to do with it. I am all for charging for time and energy but for me Shaktipat is something different and Rare. I dont feel that these people who sell it are Authentic. Just My view.

Seth Ananda

Sorry Silicon, I have to disagree here. Shakti is every one of the 36 principles, not just one.

Even Parama Shiva - Outside the 36 is still with Shakti, otherwise he would be Impotent and unable to bring the all into manifestation. Seth Ananda

Well, I am not sure where you are coming from. The tattvas vary with different systems. The Kashmiri Shaivas have 36 Tattvas where Shiva is the 36th and Paramashiva is the transcendent one. Shakti, in pure shaivaite schools does not represent something that pervades all tattvas but simply the second tattva of the shuddha or the pure category. That is shaiva view. Then there is the Shakta view, especially the Uttara Kaula one, where Shakti has absorbed shiva in her and there is no seperate existence defined for him at all. That being the case, she is not referred to as Shakti, one of the 36 categories, but rather as Parashakti, the transcendent 37th. It is her I am referring to, who is beyond tattvas, one of which is Shakti tattva. The view you state, probably picked from Saundaryalahari, is from that school. And there is the Samaya school with twenty-five tattvas and so on. So, it is helpful if you state what school you were talking about :)

But I agree with you. What I was trying to state is that Parashakti, who encompasses shiva in herself, is beyond tattvas including shakti - by which I mean vibration, energy or movement or even a procreative desire to go dual - for these are her aspects and in no way represent her complete glory.

That said, each tattva has a definite definition and characteristic and the reason for the division of shiva or mahat into categories is because of Shakti. She is the cause and hence in a way pervading each of the tattvas. This really is the reason why manifested universe is possible only with her presence and not by Paramashiva alone, who represents the Shantyatita avastha, as described in Saundaryalahari. But can she be purely identified with these tattvas which are considered as ashuddha or shuddhashuddha, then the answer would technically be no. Sugar mixed in milk really pervades the entire milk, but is it milk....yes and no...

Also, the 37th Transcendent tattva is undifferentiated where the division of shiva and shakti, which is rather apparent, has not occurred. In that state, the concept of shakti being with shiva really does not occur for the polarity has not occured. It is this Pure, undifferentiated Divinity that shaivas call Paramashiva and Shaktas call Parashakti. But the concept of shiva being non-separate from shakti can occur only after the undifferentiated tattva has given way to emerging stages of seed, sprout or full-blown state of apparent polarity - as shiva and shakti. This is the state where great masters stress on the still existing unity for in the former case of Paramashiva/Parashakti, this unity need not be explicitly stated.

I dont feel that these people who sell it are Authentic. Just My view.

Seth Ananda

Totally agree with you... It is a divine, sacred experience and selling it does not seem right. But mysterious are Her ways :)

Edited by SiliconValley

Well, I am not sure where you are coming from. The tattvas vary with different systems. The Kashmiri Shaivas have 36 Tattvas where Shiva is the 36th and Paramashiva is the transcendent one. Shakti, in pure shaivaite schools does not represent something that pervades all tattvas but simply the second tattva of the shuddha or the pure category. That is shaiva view. Then there is the Shakta view, especially the Uttara Kaula one, where Shakti has absorbed shiva in her and there is no seperate existence defined for him at all. That being the case, she is not referred to as Shakti, one of the 36 categories, but rather as Parashakti, the transcendent 37th. It is her I am referring to, who is beyond tattvas, one of which is Shakti tattva. The view you state, probably picked from Saundaryalahari, is from that school. And there is the Samaya school with twenty-five tattvas and so on. So, it is helpful if you state what school you were talking about :)

But I agree with you. What I was trying to state is that Parashakti, who encompasses shiva in herself, is beyond tattvas including shakti - by which I mean vibration, energy or movement or even a procreative desire to go dual - for these are her aspects and in no way represent her complete glory.

That said, each tattva has a definite definition and characteristic and the reason for the division of shiva or mahat into categories is because of Shakti. She is the cause and hence in a way pervading each of the tattvas. This really is the reason why manifested universe is possible only with her presence and not by Paramashiva alone, who represents the Shantyatita avastha, as described in Saundaryalahari. But can she be purely identified with these tattvas which are considered as ashuddha or shuddhashuddha, then the answer would technically be no. Sugar mixed in milk really pervades the entire milk, but is it milk....yes and no...

Also, the 37th Transcendent tattva is undifferentiated where the division of shiva and shakti, which is rather apparent, has not occurred. In that state, the concept of shakti being with shiva really does not occur for the polarity has not occured. It is this Pure, undifferentiated Divinity that shaivas call Paramashiva and Shaktas call Parashakti. But the concept of shiva being non-separate from shakti can occur only after the undifferentiated tattva has given way to emerging stages of seed, sprout or full-blown state of apparent polarity - as shiva and shakti. This is the state where great masters stress on the still existing unity for in the former case of Paramashiva/Parashakti, this unity need not be explicitly stated.

Totally agree with you... It is a divine, sacred experience and selling it does not seem right. But mysterious are Her ways :)

Thanks Silicon. I cant comment on the other schools, as I have not studied them In Depth. I was Talking from the Kashmir Shavite view which is my tradition. I think we are basically saying the same thing but I wanted to add something as many Books have an incorrect description of the K.S. tattva system.

Parama Shiva is the transcendental aspect while Shiva Tattva is the Imminent aspect (as are all that Follow).

Both Abhinivagupta and Keshamaraj in their commentaries, Say Shiva Tattva cannot be separated from Shakti Tattva and that they are the same as far as reality is concerned, not really different Tattva's at all, but are broken up for ease of description for us. Then again The entire System is for how we see it. A Saint only see's Shiva tattva. Shakti Tattva Is not where Shakti starts. Shiva tattva is the Initial creative movement and Shakti tattva is its energy. Separating them is like trying to separate Light and heat from Flame. Also Para Shakti Is often a Description For Shakti above Maya (which is one of her powers). There is no view that puts the Transcendent above the Imminent as both are Just as real.

Enjoy.

Seth.

I am all for charging for time and energy but for me Shaktipat is something different and Rare. I dont feel that these people who sell it are Authentic. Just My view.

Seth Ananda

I charge only for my time. If i give you a "Shaktipat" the way Glenn gave them its a lengthy process and also a very lengthy healing session that also requires the person giving the shaktipat to have to spend time clearing their own energy field for a good amount of time considering the amount of karma and negativity one pulls off the client other wise we can get very sick. This is why we charge for it. But truth is Tao Semko & Myself give a lot of Shaktipats or energy transfers & Transmissions for free all the time. Those that train with me know that I give shaktipats Daily sometimes 2 to 3 times a day to them with out ever asking for a dime. Simply cause i am directed by Shakti to do so and because i look out after my students.

In the old traditions one payed for it by donating land, time, money, 1st born child etc to their Gurus etc......

The real Gurus give it whether and offering is brought to them or not.

Just ask any of my students if we are Authentic.

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

I charge only for my time. If i give you a "Shaktipat" the way Glenn gave them its a lengthy process and also a very lengthy healing session that also requires the person giving the shaktipat to have to spend time clearing their own energy field for a good amount of time considering the amount of karma and negativity one pulls off the client other wise we can get very sick. This is why we charge for it. But truth is Tao Semko & Myself give a lot of Shaktipats or energy transfers & Transmissions for free all the time. Those that train with me know that I give shaktipats Daily sometimes 2 to 3 times a day to them with out ever asking for a dime. Simply cause i am directed by Shakti to do so and because i look out after my students.

In the old traditions one payed for it by donating land, time, money, 1st born child etc to their Gurus etc......

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

It's authentic :)

Edited by ryansmith

# 1 #1 #1 Aarahooovah Souvlakiiiiii

I don't know what all the fuss is about Shaktipat, I get Shakti from my Guru all the time, when ever I do the mantra she has asked me to sing. I don't need to go anywhere and I don't need to pay anything other than my one-pointed focus and devotion. We are still working on my focus and devotion, I must stop diverting hither and thither, oooh look at this thing, and look at that, and for $400 bucks I can get this karma fixed. This is all some big cosmic joke. The power is inside us.

Edited by Xienkula1

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

Thanks Dude, I agree with this too. I like the sound of your work. Many of the greats were constantly Giving it and sometimes charging. I have no problem with this, Just with the Candy store 'shaktipat' advertising you see... Eg: for $300 youl get my half hour blast, but for $500 Ill amp it up to Kundalini 2000 tm and if you really feel ready pay $6000 and youl be a bonafied kundalini awakened walking saint with 12 strand dna, Pleadian lightbulp Pineal gland and a free Halo to boot...

I really feel some people are just trying to cash in on peoples spiritual consumer mentality with the Shaktipat and I find this slightly insulting. My Issues though. :)

God Bless you and your work.

Seth.

This thread has a lot of powerful teachers, some of whom are rarely mentioned, some spoken of unkindly, in other threads :( . Also wanted to mention Nandhi and the Siddhar sages. Shakti love to all. :)

Edited by Kameel

4. Omdasji

He is somewhat controversial and there are many who claim he is after money. There is also the group who thinks otherwise. His CD Nada Brahma seems pretty popular. He also offers Shaktipat.

I just listened to the 4 minute free mp3 on that link. Its powerful, Ive never felt my heart expand like that from a recording before.