SiliconValley

Shaktipat

Let's not paint all Buddhists with the same brush. I have been a zen practitioner/student for many years, and from my personal perspective, the less being said about it the better! I think my long-winded scholarly brethren are well-meaning and sincere, but for me it's more about letting go of concepts and judgmental thinking, not accumulating more and more ideas, and debating their correctness (acknowledging that a modicum of concepts are both necessary and helpful!).

Please note, I said 'the Buddhist', meaning our very own 'Inappropriate Buddha Guy'. Not our other Buddhist brethren here, just Vaj. He's insensate.

OK. So, I have been with several teachers who could give shaktipat, many people we crying out, barking, moaning, doing spontaneous kriyas, in bliss and ecstasy, but to what end? Nice phenomenon, but so what? How did it advance me, or anyone spiritually, really? I saw it as a nice sideshow, but not really central to spiritual work or development.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Please note, I said 'the Buddhist', meaning our very own 'Inappropriate Buddha Guy'. Not our other Buddhist brethren here, just Vaj. He's insensate.

OK. So, I have been with several teachers who could give shaktipat, many people we crying out, barking, moaning, doing spontaneous kriyas, in bliss and ecstasy, but to what end? Nice phenomenon, but so what? How did it advance me, or anyone spiritually, really? I saw it as a nice sideshow, but not really central to spiritual work or development.

yeah, and i identify (on most days) as buddhist as well. no one was making a generalization about the character of ALL buddhists. it's just that language is imperfect, and it's easier to lump them under their subject than to name names each and every time.

what sucks is that, even with our expressions of dismay, i haven't seen i new thread created for their discussion. whatevs.

How did it advance me, or anyone spiritually, really? I saw it as a nice sideshow, but not really central to spiritual work or development.

No idea... that's kind of how I feel about spontaneous Qi Gong right now... Ok great so I can sit and shake around for an hour, what good is that? I have no clue.. that's why I'm getting more serious about shamata/vipashyana mind training.

No idea... that's kind of how I feel about spontaneous Qi Gong right now... Ok great so I can sit and shake around for an hour, what good is that? I have no clue.. that's why I'm getting more serious about shamata/vipashyana mind training.

are you serious? what, were you waiting for a voice to descend up you whilst shaking? LOL! it's about surrender, bro. wu wei. how when nothing is done, nothing is left undone.

nobody 'invented' qigong. the energy did. same with hatha. things were mapped and structured and ordered AFTER the fact!

spontaneous qigong is truly the art of wandering the territory, as opposed to blindly following a map.

patience, my friend. patience.

i have heard of such. saw it at the matrix energetics seminars. laughed my a** off. looked like a bunch of idiots. wasnt shaktipat there though which makes me wonder about when people experience that sort of thing in a "shaktipat" seminar format. i think in a HUGE amount of cases its all mental. dont want to use the term Hypnosis but it certainly is possible. i do believe it is different for everyone based on their existent Karma and previous training and so therefore maybe it does happen. But is it truly shaktipat causing it??? or is it being in the moment. LOL

Now granted after my own initiation things started to move but only when i practiced and i sure didnt bark or get up and run around etc. LOL now very rarely will things twitch or move and that is only in the beginning of practice, once things are settled i dont even know "i'm" here. :lol: so who would be the one barking or running around or whatever?

for us its just used to awaken the kundalini and prepare the chakras and channels SO YOU CAN PRACTICE without which all your really doing is a bunch of techniques. LOL so in some systems it is very central to spiritual work or development as nothing would happen without it.

Edited by yuanqi

Good point: many people think that having feral kriyas is the point, and measure their progress (or lack of) from how spasmodic things get (cp the Kunlun craze). That's not the aim of kriyas. They are preliminary movements that indicate that the Shakti is purifying and clearing the pathways, especially on the physical level. They may continue doing so for quite some time depending on the person's karma and constiution. But the kriyas themselves aren't got to advance you spiritually: you've got to nuture the shakti in daily sadhana, reform your daily life, have a suitably qualified teacher guide you and let the Guru's grace flow. I guess that's the reason I'm pretty sceptical about en masse, or online global, "shaktipats. It's all well and good, but without the individualised support of the teacher and constant practice, people can't maximise the benefit of the shaktipat.

Edited by altiora

Good point: many people think that having feral kriyas is the point, and measure their progress (or lack of) from how spasmodic things get (cp the Kunlun craze). That's not the aim of kriyas. They are preliminary movements that indicate that the Shakti is purifying and clearing the pathways, especially on the physical level. They may continue doing so for quite some time depending on the person's karma and constiution. But the kriyas themselves aren't got to advance you spiritually: you've got to nuture the shakti in daily sadhana, reform your daily life, have a suitably qualified teacher guide you and let the Guru's grace flow. I guess that's the reason I'm pretty sceptical about en masse, or online global, "shaktipats. It's all well and good, but without the individualised support of the teacher and constant practice, people can't maximise the benefit of the shaktipat.

:D well said

I wouldn't bother splitting the threads, it's a lot of work with so many posts and with some posts being half on and half off and such, along with several side threads. Besides, even though I haven't read it, I suspect the subject of shaktipat was already beaten to death on this thread, and a new KAP thread starts about every ten minutes here so it will be the same thing all over again, and hardly anyone cares whats in these threads a couple days after they die out.

If you want to whip these people into line you'll need an army of cut throat moderators that love the delete button. For example if you split this thread what would you do with this post and the previous one?

Edited by Mal
naughty words

For example if you split this thread what would you do with this post and the previous one?

Well I'd have to do something about that comment I edited above so I guess it's lucky I'm not reading the thread :lol:

Good, I just wanted to give you some practice with the delete button. See, it's not so hard. :)

On some forums it's only the moderators that get to read all my best stuff.

Edited by Starjumper7

I normally skip the post if I scan the usual Buddhist jargon words like non-dual emergence of karmic conditionality. Its a shame really, because some of the Buddha thumpers have interesting things to say. Vajrahrydaya is really cool, but if he cannot lose the jargon, and use normal words or at least different metaphors, then that shows his understanding is only bookish or superficial, not having attained or experienced. I would invite them to restate their jargon, and if its genuine, it will shine through because truth shines. If they are able to restate the jargon, with a mind of relating to the overall topic of the thread, then we would be able to see that he has developed the sensitivity of a teacher.

As far as Kunlun goes, after 2.3 years of practise, I have noted that in terms of qi and energy it feels something like a spin-rinse cycle, with really rapid intense flow in a particular way. Its in the stillness afterwords that I feel (and hear) the knots and blockages getting taken out, as the qiflow reverts to a kind of more normal way, and little alchemical happenings (like blissful temporary energy spike) might arise. And I'll probably grind through another few years because I have lots of free time, and have decided to put faith in Max, Jenny and those that taught her teacher.

As far as shaktipat goes, I am as guilty as anyone in obfuscation the word it traditionally meant, but the reasoning is that the general public are so low-level, so crying out for some kind of push in the right direction--the experiential biological side of the path-- that you dont need purest of the pure super Maha shaktipat to be of benefit.

Perhaps the involved parties have it out of their system now, or will at least drop the off topic stuff as it seems to be annoying quite a few people.

Good Morning Mal and All :D

Perhaps the involved parties have it out of their system now, or will at least drop the off topic stuff as it seems to be annoying quite a few people.

Just want to sincerely apologize for my part in threadjacking this topic. Please forgive me for pouring fuel on the fire. It won't happen again. :blush:

Love!

:D

same thing from Muktanandas camp, the book Kundalini-The Secret of Life is a good book and has alot of truth in it. Dude had power from previous practice and his Master, Nityananda (not the dumbas* fake who was recently arrested in India, similar spelling) in todays terms would be considered the MACK DADDY :lol: but two dozen ashrams, limos and a jet among a BUNCH of other stuff aint good when you are a swami. LOL The book is right on though about Shaktipat in most everything and is right on in their tradition obviously.

Muktananda said that you have to transcend being a Swami too. Plus all these cars and jets were gifts from wealthy practitioners who just gave things and wanted him to be comfortable, he refused many of the gifts and at many times just received, then offered them to someone else. I remember when they were building his private rooms at various Ashrams he made them change the plans because they were making his rooms too ostentatious while he just wanted a simple room. Plus this secret entrance they talk about in the Ganeshpuri Ashram is a joke as his room was surrounded by the meditation cave. Also the sex practices were a part of his liberation experience as when you reach a certain level you are supposed to in many cases, not all, but in many cases take up a karma mudra in order to blend energies and ground enlightenment even more. All his "secret" stuff is in various Goddess tradition scriptures of Hindu lineage, arguably integrated from Buddhist Tantra... but that's another debate. There is also a practice where one receives nourishment and can elongate ones life through sexual contact with a very young women if an enlightened being is aging or almost finished his body karma. This as well is spoken about in various secret yogic texts in the Trika tradition of Kashmir and also South Indian Siddhar traditions, as well as Buddhist Tantric texts of antiquity.

All these leaving Siddha Yoga sites really reflect peoples lack of education in the traditions of India and the power of ego projection than anything else.

People have no idea how subtle Muktananda was (man was he deeply powerful) and most puritanical ideas around enlightenment keep people judging his life which was exemplary. Of course, he did these practices in secret due to the fact that most people would just not understand and be confused, which is exactly what happened. But, having liberation, wealth and health are the 3 goals here on Earth. He satisfied all of them, well from a Buddhist perspective he didn't fully realize Liberation, but he did according to his tradition, having merged all his activities into the Nirvikalpa state of awareness realizing Sahaja Samadhi. If any of you have the blue light experience, you know what I'm talking about. Buddhist Tantra considers this the light of the pure awareness of infinite space and not cosmic consciousness or the source. But that again is another debate.

For those of you that commented on her...

All that junk food for the brain online about Gurumayi too is a total put off, like those magazines at the check out in the grocery store. She is so highly realized and deeply powerful of a Siddha in the Shaivite tradition... forget about it. If you get nothing from her, that's just your karma, you don't have a connection to that lineage or path. Plus she never had a face lift.. wow! She has all the signs of menopause including slightly drooping cheeks.

Anyway... end rant. :lol:

I normally skip the post if I scan the usual Buddhist jargon words like non-dual emergence of karmic conditionality. Its a shame really, because some of the Buddha thumpers have interesting things to say. Vajrahrydaya is really cool, but if he cannot lose the jargon, and use normal words or at least different metaphors, then that shows his understanding is only bookish or superficial, not having attained or experienced. I would invite them to restate their jargon, and if its genuine, it will shine through because truth shines. If they are able to restate the jargon, with a mind of relating to the overall topic of the thread, then we would be able to see that he has developed the sensitivity of a teacher.

As far as Kunlun goes, after 2.3 years of practise, I have noted that in terms of qi and energy it feels something like a spin-rinse cycle, with really rapid intense flow in a particular way. Its in the stillness afterwords that I feel (and hear) the knots and blockages getting taken out, as the qiflow reverts to a kind of more normal way, and little alchemical happenings (like blissful temporary energy spike) might arise. And I'll probably grind through another few years because I have lots of free time, and have decided to put faith in Max, Jenny and those that taught her teacher.

As far as shaktipat goes, I am as guilty as anyone in obfuscation the word it traditionally meant, but the reasoning is that the general public are so low-level, so crying out for some kind of push in the right direction--the experiential biological side of the path-- that you dont need purest of the pure super Maha shaktipat to be of benefit.

You say low level and I say spiritual babies :)

In my opinions (and I have a lot about this subject)

Shaktipat at it's core is about Love and Grace. It's not about me and you, men and women or Gurus, regular gurus or Maha gurus.

I won't get into a discussion/definition about Love because regardless people want it. Grace is unmerited favor or IOWs, it is not earned by good deeds, perfect practice, good character, or how many whats of what I know or can demonstrate. The Christian tradition says a lot about Grace. Grace was offered to one of the criminals who was hanging next to Jesus when they were being crucified on the cross. "This day you too shall be in Heaven with me." Whether or not you believe the event is true it does outpicture perfectly to me what grace is: heaven is given to those who don't deserve, in our human judgment, to go there.

Babies will choke on everything but milk. Solid food and meat are actually causes for death to them (speak up dads and moms). I have given meat to spiritual babies. They either vomit it back up all over me, smelly and hardly digested, or they like to shit all over me. :lol: baby poop will clear a room like nothing else.

I think Kundalini awakening is everyone's birth right. (Christianity would call this the second birth and call Shakti the Holy Spirit or the Comforter.)I think Shaktipat is something that people should be able to do but it is a long process that involves things like developing virtues, right action, right behavior, internal cultivation, etc.

Muktananda wrote in Kundalini:the secret of life (out of print but what a great little book) that there are 7 levels of Shaktipat and within those 7 levels are 7 more levels and within those are.... So think on that. Mutkananda came to the west on direct instruction of his guru, Nitiyanda (sp?). He did not want to come but he did. In spite of the mistakes he made he did bring some authentic Shaktipat to the west and to the lay people. Reports are that he was a Shaktipat Guru, a powerhouse. Did everyone who got Maha Shaktipat from him, did it take and settle in their bodies? If it did I think the world would be looking a little different for he gave en masse to thousands and to smaller and private groups. So that tells me that there is some responsibility of the Shaktipatee to work on their own development.

Adults are very often babies in grown up bodies both emotionally and spiritually. Full on Maha, Death touch shaktipat I am not sure about because it is not for me to say who needs what. Some people who get shaktipat from me are disabled, knocked to the floor from the 'force' of it. Some are like, "what? I don't feel nuthin." Same event, same time, same room but different responses. To me it all pretty much feels the same as a giver. (I recieve Shaktipat as I give.) Sometimes I don't feel it all from my end but people will write or tell me and share their experiences and thanks.

Often times when I give shaktipat I just touch the heart chakra. Start there first. It is gentle, sweet, soft. Purists will talk about start in the base. Some purists will say No...crown first. Well, when working with the young in spiritual growth the heart can be the gentlest and safest. Yeah I work in the lower and higher but with beginners I often start with the heart.

Global Shaktipat is for everyone whatever the level of development. Shakti comes to each as She sees appropriate.

Life is a meditation. That comes to everyone when their practice has developed for awhile. So whether walking or talking or working or making a cake or fighting there is a meditative quality to all of it.

I was sitting yesterday on the couch quietly thinking of my students and friends and the Shakti just ramped up and began to flow. My heart turned inside out and I was having trouble discriminating between me, the world, and the flow. In my inner vision I could see our earth hanging in space. I then saw this blue mist begin to cover the earth and I was told that is the movement of Shakti. My heart began to ache and beat with such an excruciating sensation of bliss and love. It still feels a bit achey right now as I write as tenderness and Shakti still flows.

So Santiago and I work with the general public, the beginners. My students, after they become opened and flow is established permanently, I tell them to go try out other systems if they like. One went on to become a certified kunlun instructor. Another is a yoga teacher with a popular studio who favors Vispasanna. Another who was initially terrified to learn from myself and Dr. Morris and was equally terrified to get Shaktipat from us is now an appprentice to the Bushman Shamans in Africa and is able to transmit kundalini and heal with a very high level understanding.

I have much to share about this but I really need to go do rounds on my patients.

Speaking only from my own experiences,

s

Good Morning Mal and All :D

Just want to sincerely apologize for my part in threadjacking this topic. Please forgive me for pouring fuel on the fire. It won't happen again. :blush:

Love!

Yes, I didn't mean it to blow up. I just wanted to comment on a link which I felt leads to confused commentary on Buddhist "jargon". I also appologize! :blush:

okay i hate to be lazy or rude, but i dont want to read the whole thread to find out what the discussion is about at this point...

Can anyone give a paragraph reiteration of the current topic in this thread? :lol: thanks!

Another who was initially terrified to learn from myself and Dr. Morris and was equally terrified to get Shaktipat from us is now an appprentice to the Bushman Shamans in Africa and is able to transmit kundalini and heal with a very high level understanding.

Interesting. Do you have more to share on this?

I'm always inspired by the Bushman spirituality... I really like Bradford Keeney too... He's meant to be quite the shaktipat master himself...

Hey ShaktiMama and All :D

Shaktipat at it's core is about Love and Grace. It's not about me and you, men and women or Gurus, regular gurus or Maha gurus.

Amen. Well said. :D

baby poop will clear a room like nothing else.

I am living that experience right now! Hahaha :D

I think Kundalini awakening is everyone's birth right.

I totally agree.

I think Shaktipat is something that people should be able to do but it is a long process that involves things like developing virtues, right action, right behavior, internal cultivation, etc.

This sentence sent a weird resonance through my system. I think it was because this statement contradicts the statement about Shaktipat being about "Love and Grace" (which is the perspective here also). I think shaktipat is a blessing, bestowed by Grace, that occasionally comes through a human medium. I don't know that it is about "doing" anything. And not that we shouldn't be "developing virtues, right action, right behavior, internal cultivation, etc.", just that I don't know that this has any real bearing on Shaktipat.

I recieve Shaktipat as I give

This, in my experience, is because shakti flows through the "conduit" and does not come from the "conduit". One of the most powerful experiences I have had of shakti in the body was when there was an "accidental" shaktipat given to another person.

Life is a meditation.

What a beautiful statement. Thank you :D

Love!

Point taken, but I wouldn't want him to lose and rebrand the traditional jargon, either. That would just be reinventing the wheel and creating more confusion in the long run with redundant terminology for the very same concepts.
Well, there's also some fans like me who feel genuinely lucky we have someone of his caliber, knowledge & experience patiently and rigorously debating Buddhism here.

So I, for one, would actually like to see all this debate and jargon continuing... :lol:

Edited by vortex

Hey ShaktiMama and All :D

This sentence sent a weird resonance through my system. I think it was because this statement contradicts the statement about Shaktipat being about "Love and Grace" (which is the perspective here also). I think shaktipat is a blessing, bestowed by Grace, that occasionally comes through a human medium. I don't know that it is about "doing" anything. And not that we shouldn't be "developing virtues, right action, right behavior, internal cultivation, etc.", just that I don't know that this has any real bearing on Shaktipat.

This, in my experience, is because shakti flows through the "conduit" and does not come from the "conduit". One of the most powerful experiences I have had of shakti in the body was when there was an "accidental" shaktipat given to another person.

What a beautiful statement. Thank you :D

Love!

re: weird resonance. I probably wasnt being clear. Shaktipat is about grace and it can be delivered through any vehicle in any condition or lack of condition :)

I am more talking about those of us who in the course of becoming trainers and guides will give shaktipat to more than just family and friends. It certainly is a requirement to developed virtue, etc because if it is genuine kundalini awakening, SHE WILL MAKE YOU develop virtue or else. LOL

This is why I wonder about the rabid attachment that some place on sadhana. My experience with Shakti is I had no choice but to meditate. She MADE me meditate and She Did the meditating of me which was nice cause I had really no meditation instruction except for a couple of times with the Maharishi crowd when I was 16. Sometimes when I lead kundalini meditations I say it is not necessary to know how to meditate (yeah, blasphemy :) )because the energy will meditate you.

Really, wanting some sense of virtue in transmitters is wishful thinking on my part. Since Shakti flows through any vessel she chooses sometimes that vessel we wouldnt choose... well..it is wishful thinking. :) The vessel won't stain the Shakti (if it does, it is not Shakti) and the Shakti will certainly benefit the vessel even though my human eyes and prejudments might insist otherwise. I think we then enter into the realm of miracles and grace because the process starts entering into an area where we can't explain why.

So it does have bearing after Shaktipat because all those things right action, etc. should start to arise naturally after Shaktipat. If they don't I wonder about the authenticity or process of the k rising. A teacher then is more of a guide to help refine what is already unfolding. That's what Morris and Santiago have given me, refinement.

I tell people Shakti loves to be shared. She jumps from people to people. She's viral :) (this all interesting to study on an electromagnetic frequency level). I find this experience is often in direct contradiction to what I have heard guru types tell people....don't share it...keep it to yourself so it can work on you. In a sangha, the more you share the more it exponentially grows in presence. yummmmm. Everybody benefits.

So, yes, I can sit and concentrate and send chi but I really can't do that with Shakti. It is someone else's yearning for connection with that energy, that opens me as a conduit and it begins to flow, giving me Shaktipat as it flows through me. Of course, it leaves a residue on me and the more I share the residue builds up till I beome supersaturated, an overflowing cup.

I hope that clarifies some.

May the joy of Shakti gently flow.

L O V E

s

Hey ShaktiMama.....thanks for clarifying :D

Shaktipat is about grace and it can be delivered through any vehicle in any condition or lack of condition

Yes. This is my experience as well.

I am more talking about those of us who in the course of becoming trainers and guides will give shaktipat to more than just family and friends. It certainly is a requirement to developed virtue, etc because if it is genuine kundalini awakening, SHE WILL MAKE YOU develop virtue or else. LOL

This is what I meant when I said: "I don't know that it is about 'doing' anything", as we really can't control the process....once it is underway all we can really do is step out of the way and surrender to it.

This is why I wonder about the rabid attachment that some place on sadhana.

It is there until it is not anymore. :D Sadhana is important to get the process started (IMO anyways), and then once the process is started, well, just get outta the way. Doesn't mean sadhana doesn't happen after kundalini has awakened, just that it is less of a "doing" and more of a "flowing."

My experience with Shakti is I had no choice but to meditate.

Mine as well.

She MADE me meditate and She Did the meditating of me which was nice cause I had really no meditation instruction except for a couple of times with the Maharishi crowd when I was 16. Sometimes when I lead kundalini meditations I say it is not necessary to know how to meditate (yeah, blasphemy :) )because the energy will meditate you.

Sure...... if the energy is felt. If the energy is not felt, well, it may be of some importance to know how to meditate ;) ...perhaps, hahaha

Really, wanting some sense of virtue in transmitters is wishful thinking on my part. Since Shakti flows through any vessel she chooses sometimes that vessel we wouldnt choose... well..it is wishful thinking. The vessel won't stain the Shakti (if it does, it is not Shakti) and the Shakti will certainly benefit the vessel even though my human eyes and prejudments might insist otherwise. I think we then enter into the realm of miracles and grace because the process starts entering into an area where we can't explain why.

Some of my greatest teachers have come in the form of some of the most seemingly "tainted vehicles" :P

So it does have bearing after Shaktipat because all those things right action, etc. should start to arise naturally after Shaktipat. If they don't I wonder about the authenticity or process of the k rising. A teacher then is more of a guide to help refine what is already unfolding. That's what Morris and Santiago have given me, refinement.

I come at spiritual practice from a "yoga perspective" so everything I experience is somewhat colored by that, but I would say that what you are saying above is a good indication of how all the limbs of yoga are interconnected. It doesn't really matter which limb is embodied first, as each will lead into the next and the next until the whole spectrum is completely absorbed.

I tell people Shakti loves to be shared. She jumps from people to people. She's viral :) (this all interesting to study on an electromagnetic frequency level). I find this experience is often in direct contradiction to what I have heard guru types tell people....don't share it...keep it to yourself so it can work on you. In a sangha, the more you share the more it exponentially grows in presence. yummmmm. Everybody benefits.

Absolutely! Try and keep "your energy" to yourself and you will constantly find yourself drained. Give it all away and your cup will be overflowing always.

So, yes, I can sit and concentrate and send chi but I really can't do that with Shakti. It is someone else's yearning for connection with that energy, that opens me as a conduit and it begins to flow, giving me Shaktipat as it flows through me. Of course, it leaves a residue on me and the more I share the residue builds up till I beome supersaturated, an overflowing cup.

Wow. I wrote my "overflowing cup" sentence above before I read your "overflowing cup" sentence....seems like we are on the same page for sure :D I dig it ;)

Love!

Interesting. Do you have more to share on this?

I'm always inspired by the Bushman spirituality... I really like Bradford Keeney too... He's meant to be quite the shaktipat master himself...

I love the whole tradition of the Bushman,the little I know of it.

As for Brad Kenney, he has an amazing story. I would start with his book, American Shaman. His first awakening came when he was in college. He was flooded with an energy in a chapel that caused him to shiver and have a transcendent experience. This started him on the path he is now. You will see parallels to kundalini activity. He talks about his travels to learn from other teachers in other traditions. If you didnt think all this stuff is related this book will help you see the common thread of what is called kundalini appearing in other spiritual traditions.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Shaman-Odyssey-Healing-Traditions/dp/0415948223/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277412387&sr=1-7

That book covers Brad's credentiasl as well-known, well-respected PhD psychotherapist who has written many scholarly papers and lectured around the world.

People on this board might be interested in Seiki Jutsu, a thermo nuclear form of Reiki. Its probably not even Reiki like to tell you the truth. It sounds like a cross between shaking horse/standing stake, some asanas, beating the walls.. you can read the story of the last grand master here, Ikuko Osumi, little elderly lady who recently passed and made Brad her lineage heir if I am not mistaken.

http://www.amazon.com/Ikuko-Japanese-Master-Profiles-Healing/dp/0966650913

The second book I would read is Bushman Shaman:Awaken the Spirit in Ecstatic Dance.

http://www.amazon.com/Bushman-Shaman-Awakening-through-Ecstatic/dp/0892816988/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277412387&sr=1-5

This book details the time he spent with the Bushmen and what he learned.

Keeney is powerful as an initiator and healer. I would recommend taking a weekend with him if you can drum up the money.

s

I love the whole tradition of the Bushman,the little I know of it.

This book details the time he spent with the Bushmen and what he learned.

Keeney is powerful as an initiator and healer. I would recommend taking a weekend with him if you can drum up the money.

s

the initial question, at least the way that i read it, was about your STUDENT, not keeney. we've talked about keeney here before. but how did your student get involved with the Kalahari? what kind of 'high-level understanding' has she attained and shared about? what's HER story?

THAT'S what i want to know, anyway. ;)