SiliconValley

Shaktipat

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

Both 3bob and Vajrasattva have been suspended from posting on the board for 7 days.

Common reason: Personal attack.

Issues of sexuality can be genuinely relevant and discussed with sensitivity but this conversation took a turn towards using that topic as vulgar attack. The latter is off limits, against the rules.

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Weird, I just read over the thread and cant see any animosity from V's side? just 3bob's.

And I am sure I have read the words Dick and Pussy many times here in other threads...

Hum, I'm a bit of a prude (thanks culture and mom and dad!) and when I first got into meditation, especially all the Taoist stuff I was like "hoo, this sexual feeling stuff is going on. And that's part of cultivation???" And I got very embarrassed and ashamed. And then I shone some neat mindfulness stuff on that and I found out where the shame and embarrassment came from.

Now I think it's more embarrassing to be embarrassed but that just means my shame has shifted :lol:

Damn Taoists :wub:

Weird, I just read over the thread and cant see any animosity from V's side? just 3bob's.

And I am sure I have read the words Dick and Pussy many times here in other threads...

hahahaha

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=quick_search&search_filter_app[forums]=1

Your results for the term dick limited to the first 200

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=quick_search&search_app=core&fromsearch=1

Your search for the term pussy returned 111 results

Santi is truly perplexed on why he is being moderated.

:lol:

There is class and then there is crass .. It's all about expression.

3Bob I enjoy your posts.

Santiago, let's say you are talking Kundalini and Shaktipat with your Mom, aunt or someone. Do you talk about pussy, dick and same stuff to them? Do you use similar expressions with them? Do you also explain healing and shiva and shakti to your kids using dick and pussy? And this is the kind of stuff taught in KAP? Just curious if KAP classes involve a lot of dick and pussy talk and other such classy expressions.

Also, refusing to talk crass is NOT indicative of issues with sexuality. That apart, the dick and pussy talk is irrelevant here as well. I don't know what the levels of moderation here are, but I did hit that report button. -_-

I am wondering why that would even occur to you to ask or think that about him and his family? He's a Latino born in Venezuela. Take a guess what his family relationships might be like. I just received a text from him and his little 3 year old daughter has a fever and he is very concerned about her and is asking for prayers. I know he is holding her tight and doing healing work with her as he worries.

Its too bad we can only know each other thru the printed word. It is so inadequate to show nuances of emotions and feeling. We are all so quick to judge each other for the worst. I am just as guilty.

Having spent a lot of time with Santiago, teaching in classes and online, traveling with him...creating new seminars and such with him... I am saddened that people think a one dimensional sentence describes the whole complexity of a person. We work together because he is one of the most big hearted loving persons I have met. He also knows what he is talking about. His alpha male yang personality is larger than life. I know he loves, adores , and respects women deeply from being around him so much. And women respond in kind to him. When we travel out of country to do a seminar or head off to some place like Los Angeles, I will fuss about all kinds of things because I feel insecure as a single woman traveling alone. He will say to me, "don't worry. I will protect you." And he does. He IS always there, watching my back, seeing to my comfort.

Since he is a top ranking martial artist in more than a few systems and has worked as an executive level bodyguard, he is not kidding when he says he will protect me. He is also protective of his wife and small children (youngest is 4 months). He is a full time father taking care of 5 kids, plus carrying a full on teaching schedule and work schedule producing the music for a television program. He is also producing music, recording, and playing guitar in two well regarded bands. He NEVER complains about that.

Some will blow this off as a kiss ass kind of thing to do. Eh...it is what it is. It is good to know more about a person than the very little, narrow window that is presented on this forum. It is good to have friends who will stick up for you.

So please re-evaluate our knee jerk responses to things we read. Relax, take a deep breath, set the post aside for an hour and then come back to it.

I will.

s

Well, in Bob's defense we tend to impose limitations based on our current situation/incarnation. An older Jewish male retired engineer, will tend to get a different charge from certain words then someone in their 30's. It is what it is...and it's all good. :)

Anyways, on topic- Does anyone have experience with any other shaktipat systems.

Really expected more input. What about Deeksha/Oneness Blessing? I've got a bit of a story to tell, but will talk later.

I have received shaktipat from Guru Chidvilasananda (Guru Mayi of Siddha Yoga) and it was pretty impersonal for it happened in a large room in the South Fallsburg, NY, ashram although I received a personal audience with her for a few minutes. A friend of hers wanted me to meet her.She has some sweet Shakti energy although the organization has it's problems. That was after attending a $400 class.

I also received personal Shaktipat from Shri Anandi Ma. She's got the power too. Very sweet Shakti. That was $250 for about 10 seconds of personal attention and a touch to the top of my forehead and a gift of very plain mala beads.

There was another person whom I met, Hindu, but can't remember his name. Sweet disposition but didn't feel much in a way of Shakti coming from him. I met him by chance at a tv studio.

Nothing happened with them that was strong enough to motivate me to leave and study with a guru. My personal experiences being taught by Shakti Herself were and are far more powerful than any guru I have ever met. I do enjoy reading commentaries on Hindu Scriptures by both Guru Mayi and Shri Ananda Ma.

Kalki Bhagavan's energy really creeps me out so I stay far away form the Oneness group. Sorry to be so blunt but it is a visceral feeling I get from him and his operation. I do know it is in the 10s of thousands of dollars to attend his school to learn diksha in India.

There is another female guru from India who gives Deeksha. I ran across her followers at a Spritualist Church in Denver and went to a presentation. It was a mixture of a lot of new age, Theosophy, a mishmash of stuff that was popular in the 80s, and some hinduism-lite. I had to leave because it was all so much sweetness and light I felt like I might need an insulin shot soon. The presenters were all dressed in white and talked in soft effeminate whispers. My intuition was telling me to get out and not let them touch me. I am very particular on whom I let do energy work on me.

Just sharing a few of my personal experiences.

s

Shaktimama,

when the dad Santiago cares so much for his kids and family and as you indicate will probably not throw dick and pussy talk at them, why throw at this forum? Is it not possible there are kids reading this forum? And a teacher like Santiago is using these beautiful key phrases to teach spirituality to his audience? So such behavior is not for his family but okay for the rest? Is that not hypocrisy?

Also, my question was sincere. I wanted to know if I ever took KAP, how much dick and pussy talk I would need to listen to? And probably that males KAP a no no for an 'uptight' guy like myself or my wife because we find it uncomfortable? I would neve use language on a public forum I would be ashamed using in front of my family or kids. So, does that mean Santiago advocates such free speech even in his day tO day life as he and his followers here believe anything said with 'love' is good! Ridiculous.

Shaktimama,

when the dad Santiago cares so much for his kids and family and as you indicate will probably not throw dick and pussy talk at them, why throw at this forum? Is it not possible there are kids reading this forum? And a teacher like Santiago is using these beautiful key phrases to teach spirituality to his audience? So such behavior is not for his family but okay for the rest? Is that not hypocrisy?

Also, my question was sincere. I wanted to know if I ever took KAP, how much dick and pussy talk I would need to listen to? And probably that males KAP a no no for an 'uptight' guy like myself or my wife because we find it uncomfortable? I would neve use language on a public forum I would be ashamed using in front of my family or kids. So, does that mean Santiago advocates such free speech even in his day tO day life as he and his followers here believe anything said with 'love' is good! Ridiculous.

HAHA you've been here all of three days and you're already on your high horse insisting on how things 'should' be.

A sincere question? ... if you say so.

Personally, I would recomend that you dont take KAP, as during my time studying with Santiago he has indeed used the words, dick, happy sack, vagina, yoni, packet, balls, love, sex, asshole, God, intercourse, butt, perinium, death, ovaries and probably some others which I have blocked out.

OK? that the answer you wanted?

Arrogance can be a dangerous thing.

In an age where apparently anything goes, people have become so rejective of abiding by polite conventions, language included, those that attempt to choose their words as skillfully as possible, sadly, are often seen as weaklings who are fearful of honest expressions. Often they would be stigmatized with some babble about blocked Qi or dirty Chakra. Whats astounding though is that the same people who are pro-expression (without borders nor regard for tact) are often also those that insist on echoing the cliche 'listen to the inner voice of Deep Silence', or some other uttering with the same nuance... Quite ironical, really.

What I got out of reading the posts by Santi is that he was trying to make a point that ALL things fall within the Divine. And I agree with him.

I find that personal attacks are much more insulting than any particular colloquial or street language. I learned to speak many words of color by working on a boat on the Mississippi river in my younger days. And today sometimes I let some of these words fly when I teach - not trying to be insulting, they are just part of my vocabulary, and they are honest words. If we are insulted by such words I suggest we each explore the inner why; we may be surprised at the answer.

When are we all going to learn to respect each other? To me, that is one of the greatest lessons any of us could possibly receive from posting or reading on this board.

I just received a text from him and his little 3 year old daughter has a fever and he is very concerned about her and is asking for prayers. I know he is holding her tight and doing healing work with her as he worries.

Prayers sent.

While I respectfully disagree with the moderators decision in this case, I do understand what a difficult, and thankless, job it can be. Hopefully things can be resolved amicably between all parties. This really isn't a 'pistols at dawn' situation.

Shaktimama,

I am curious, Robert. This is a sincere question. How long have you been using the Internet and been on forums? I think you would be less offended probably if you are a lifetime user like a lot of the members here. I own a list that's stated adults only because it is around sex and spirituality. It is closed to the general public but the only way you can get in is if I approve it. Honestly, the Bums gets far more down and dirty and explicit that my list ever does. I wouldn't say it's triple x here but the conversations seem to, because it has a preponderance of young adult males as members, center around ejaculation control, sex, what turns a babe on, what am I going to do with my life...someone actually wrote a humorous post about it not too long back.

I have been using the internet since 95. There are a lot of guys on this forum who were born after 95. They have grown up differently about the use of words like this. Words and pics are just a keystroke a way from them for their whole life. This upset we are having about word usage in one sense is kinda non issue. So as far as your forum question I think that will give you some insight. That's why I did a search on the words. The use of the word "dick" was LIMITED to the first 200x used in this forum.

As far as the use of words in the seminar Santi and I teach. Some times they are there but if you think you would be sitting in on a recitation of George Carlin's "The 7 words you will never hear on television" you wont.

NSFW

So speaking to you more about the seminar. I am present at almost every online class for the last year and also team teach with Santi in person.

The classes tend to be more male, younger males, and marital artists. One reason I am sure is because Santi is 33, male and a martial artist. That will change as it becomes more well known he has a female co teacher. I taught with his mentor, Dr. Glenn Morris for a few years and the audience breakdown was similar. His other teaching associate, Tao, gets more females. He is I think just a couple of years older than Santi, a tantric and yoga master (who received his training from Santiago), and a martial artist. Tao is also more yin to Santi's yang. Both are brilliant in their understanding and teaching of the science of Kundalini. Both are big hearted, loving and compassionate. Tao teaches on line more than teaching in public. He is more yin and conservative in speech. He also is more intellectual in speech pattern but both men are equally gifted. They are the best of friends or as they say,"brothers of a different mother." You may be more comfortable learning from Tao.I have sat in on his classes on line. He is absolutely wonderful and can also give shaktipat and healings in class if you need them and he gives them often. Like Santi he takes a deep personal interest in his students.

No teacher is just right for anyone. More than once people comment that they think of me and Santi as the rockstars of kundalini teaching. It's a bit wild and outrageous in our classes. People are always laughing and giggling. Santi once ran over to a guy in seminar and thumped him in the chest with Shakti and the student dissolved into a shaking, laughing vessel of bliss. Soon the whole class was laughing. That was Skender from Norway.

Santi uses anatomically correct names, he uses profane names, and he uses sacred names all interchangeably. That is a Tantric approach. As Cat says, there is no Sacred and Profane. It is all one in the shining light of Consciousness. It takes a while for people to get to that Tantric approach to life. It takes practice. It is not for everybody since it brings people right outside their comfort zone. But that is a part of Tantra and also about Daoism. (I am not a Daoist so I would defer to a more authoritative opinion.) As a side note, that is also a part of feminisim. To take back those names and make them commonplace and non charged.

I hope that helps some.

s

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

I edited down S's post to the parts that crossed the line into "personal attack" territory (quote below). Whether it was actual or merely apparent attack I won't argue.

1) Spelling of 3Bob's name + prior interaction sets the tone.

2) Using assertion of another's homosexuality as an attack, emphasized by vulgar in caps. And I stress that it is how the word is used that made it vulgar. In this case it was used with the emphatic attack, and that makes it vulgar in this instance. Same thing w/ homosexuality, no problem, only in that it is used in this case as an attack.

(p.s. I'm not saying that we'll never moderate due to crass language alone, only that was not my reasoning here.)

3Boob,

Any man that does not feel this way is a DICK lover. and that is ok too 3bob if you are attracted to DICK.

See my original statement re: all this.

Issues of sexuality can be genuinely relevant and discussed with sensitivity but this conversation took a turn towards using that topic as vulgar attack. The latter is off limits, against the rules.

To re-state, whether or not this was S's actual intent I won't argue. Only that it looked that way to me and I'm moderating.

And, of course, both 3Bob's and Santiago's presence and participation here is appreciated. Personally I've also found this thread to be a rich, rewarding read and have really appreciated it. None of this is any comment on anyone's value in the community. Just doing the mod-job as I see it.

(p.s.

As to how many times certain words show up in searches here at TTBs, the real search would be:

In how many posts were those words

used as personal attack

*and*

the post was reported?

Reporting works. It's a community effort. We moderators don't spend all of our time combing through threads for offenses to hammer. And, to boot, we don't even promise that the moderating will be applied exactly the same way from instance to instance. You get what you pay for, here. ;))

- Trunk

May all beings be free from suffering

and be free from the causes of suffering.

May all beings have happiness

and have the causes of happiness.

Amen.

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

h

Your results for the term dick limited to the first 200

Your search for the term pussy returned 111 results

Still, to be fair though, a few of those results may have been people talking about their mate called Dick, and other people talking about their pet cat.

I think we need a volunteer to trawl through each post so we can come up with exact statistics! I, for one, would be highly stimulated by the results.

Perhaps we can all agree on some new non-offensive terminology to replace these highly offensive words that seem to be sucking at the very marrow of societies moral core.

I suggest for the man bits 'winky-woo', and for the female entry point, 'plum flower peach blossom topaz' as it kind of roles off the tongue.

Thanks for the reply about the other shaktipat experiences Susan.

So no one else. Huh?

What interests me about the Deeksha/Oneness system is the speed of actually teaching shaktipat. Basically one goes to a 9 day course in Bali (use to be 21 day course in India, and I believe they are shortening it further) and is able to transmit at that point. The fascinating part to me is I have met about 10 deeksha givers and even though their personal lives are not always in order, the shakti flows strong in sessions. Specifically I remember laughing for 2 hours straight in a meditative state about the absurdity of boxes we places ourselves in. Literally and figuratively. Receiving shaktipat in a box (instead of outside) driving in our boxes, boxing out thought and bodies (physically in shoes, energetically with luminostiy restriction)...anyways it went on and on like this for 2 hours and cosmic laughter was coming out of ever pore of my body, because of our geometrical choices as humans. One big divine joke.

Deeksha was offered at a yoga studio about a mile from my house (at the time). I have sinced dropped in on a group that does it outside on the beach in Laguna and seadrift is used with makeshift sandpile for blessings to others (place in the center of the sand). Kind of like being a kid. All sessions were done on donation basis (most people would throw 10 or 15 bucks in the middle at the end), and the experience was illuminating (they do seem to concentrate on crown and heart chakra as an entry-point). Have since read some negative stuff on the internet second-hand, but you know how that goes. :D

Edited by Kameel

Santi is truly perplexed on why he is being moderated.

:lol:

3Boob,

It is common ploy on forums to change the name of a poster to insultingly and sarcastically berate or belittle them. This is a no no. It adds nothing - no light, just insulting heat to a discourse. Thus it is moderated. It's the same as if I took to calling you ShadyMama etc. Not that hard to understand. The P comment to me seemed crude, unnecessary, crass, and a lot like an immature comment that boys would giggle at. For me, not appropriate around family or this forum.

What started this was a forum member expressing his concerns about western systems in a logical and calm way. No mention of specifics until someone got defensive. This is a public forum and on a public forum ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD EXPECT STRONG CRITIQUES. I say he was well within his rights to express his critique on this public forum. This is not a school/cult cheerleading forum. PLAY ON!

Have a good one!

Edited by Tao99

~~~ Mod Squad in ~~~

"MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" :lol:

Good-hearted celebration expression.

(Clearly not an actual attack.)

No foul.

I know that these things seem complicated sometimes, but they're really not.

On w/ the thread (hopefully ;)).

cheers,

Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Trunk,

How do we know it is not your Double moderating. :lol: (Hardlight joke).

Oh yes...on with the thread. Finished the Hardlight Mount Meher Summer Retreat talks. Mark's energetic map of the 4 assemblies of consciousness is extremely detailed and pinpoint in precision and execution. Those in the know...know. :)

Happy Father's day,

Dad's. :)

Thank you :)

The more I read about KAP folks here, the more I get a feeling the posts on this forum are simply a flyover to their seminars. I could be wrong but the posts here seem to be teasers for the actual seminar -_-

Santiago has told me has made a donation. We talked about making a banner for advertising.

I did want to add:

Raymond, you asked me what happened in a KAP seminar, and in good faith I told you some of things that would happen. I told you that maybe you would be happier with Tao, another instructor.

But now I don't think it would good for you to take KAP at all. It's not the right kind of delivery system for you. I would suggest a more traditional system.

good luck,

Susan

s

Edited by ShaktiMama

LOL Y'all really are sensitive to the "vulgarity" of words aintcha? :lol:

I wouldnt "attack" someone verbally unless WELL warranted, and even then, why waste my breath? :lol:

I try to reason with people, not attack.

I swear liek a fucking sailor and so casually too, that when called out on it, i am like... o_O HUH?

So i apologize if my character is a bit robust for the community, i mean not to offend with my vulgarity :lol:

~~~ Mod Squad in ~~~

Good-hearted celebration expression.

(Clearly not an actual attack.)

No foul.

I know that these things seem complicated sometimes, but they're really not.

On w/ the thread (hopefully ;)).

cheers,

Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

nah,,my input to the thread is over . If you would like to discuss further, Trunk, please feel free to pm me and I would be more than happy to continue sharing with you.

Red Dragon wrote me to say: " you are a fake with no real ability or comprehension". It really made me giggle greatly but, seriously, it is really not a good omen of things to come. I have no secrets so if any one else pms me with insults I will share them.

s