Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

AA

Yes. Thankyou for sharing, that was interesting.

My first response was "I wish I had had clarity on this years ago...." ie so that I could have avoided a lot of tiring interaction and stress.

But my second response is..... I learned a lot from those kind of relationships. As a child I decided "give all you've got to give' was the best policy to adopt in the face of so much misunderstanding and brutality of sensibility. And later on, as a young teenager I heard that song "If you cant be with the one you love, love the one you're with".. and I took it to heart, because I couldnt be with the one I Ioved: there was no - one there that I resonated with. So I loved the ones I was with.

There have been people I have been deeply involved with in my life, who were the very people I thought "oh - oh" the first moment I saw them, and wanted to walk away. Two things came out of those relationships. One is the death of my "Christ Complex" ( ie I realise now I cant save anybody by loving them enough) and the other is that those people got loved instead of rejected. They got what they wanted.

There is some karmic attachment in those relationships where our very first instinct is "oh - oh, this person is interesting, appealing, and I really want to walk away."

I really dont want it to ever happen to me again, however. I have totally had enough of those kinds of things. :huh:

So I guess my point is..umm... sometimes it's okay to feed the vampires? Growth can ensue. Or is that too weird a thought...

I quick bond developed between us due to our condition of being old souls.

durkhrod chogori,

Please define what you mean by 'old soul'.

Thanks.

mouse

I met a female shiatsu practitioner last night. She was quickly drawn to me. When I first saw her I walked away. Bad karma I said to myself. However I turned around and met her. I want to know this person even though she looks 20 years older than what she actually is (47).

I quick bond developed between us due to our condition of being old souls. However, there was something sinister about her and it was related to her last life. Well after scanning her -it took me over 2 hours as she had so many blockages due to abuse experienced in this life; needless to say that she was almost murdered a couple of times, one of them by her ex-husband-, I saw in her someone evil who created a lot of pain and suffering to other humans but also saw in her a native american indian of great wisdom and good. Basically, this lady was in deep pain, confused. A lost soul.

She reminded me of another one I met few weeks ago in Byron Bay area, Australia. Very similar, selfish, drawn to people who vibrate at higher energy frequency. But this one blocked me out completely, there wasn't a way for me to see through her blockages. Anyway as opposed to the shiatsu girl, this lady wasn't aware of the spiritual.

I spoke to her about the Dharma and she showed no interest. Then I realised what was all about: pure and simple sucking energy. She even said that I can give you a free treatment to help you improve your Bagua work. Insane.

Now, for those of you who encounter this kind of individuals, careful because they can suck your lifeforce big time, especially if you happen to interact with them at a sexual level.

Best way to guard yourself from this kind of attacks: breathe in and consciously expand your aura. That will suffice to ward off any negative energy.

Taoists like to wear charms but Asians are more Yin than Westerners therefore are more susceptible to this sort of attacks. But Westerners born in Yin years need more protection as opposed to people born in Yang years, for instance.

Anyway I feel this is normal in the spiritual path, one attracts like-minded souls (like here us in TaoBums) but also souls who want to absorb your energy mainly because they are a kind of energy parasites (sorry for sing this terminology but I can't think of any other).

May all sentient beings be liberated from suffering and reach nirvana.

975rhx.png

Garlic oil works wonders : )

Garlic oil works wonders : )

Or even better you must decapitate her at once and drive a wooden stake through her heart, but first find out if she has any relatives!!!

God Bless

These are people who pollute the world and bring problems. What we usually do is to bust the person's ability and then they will never be able to suck in your energy anymore. Nor others.

If one have faced these people, I really suggest you be quiet and leave quick. If you try to expand your aura and stuff, IF for example you just got lost during the period, then aura's energy maybe sucked up too. Dangerous to play around during that period.

Also, take a cleansing bath after seeing these people, you need to really cleanse it off. It's just so annoying.

I met a female shiatsu practitioner last night. She was quickly drawn to me. When I first saw her I walked away. Bad karma I said to myself. However I turned around and met her. I want to know this person even though she looks 20 years older than what she actually is (47).

I quick bond developed between us due to our condition of being old souls. However, there was something sinister about her and it was related to her last life. Well after scanning her -it took me over 2 hours as she had so many blockages due to abuse experienced in this life; needless to say that she was almost murdered a couple of times, one of them by her ex-husband-, I saw in her someone evil who created a lot of pain and suffering to other humans but also saw in her a native american indian of great wisdom and good. Basically, this lady was in deep pain, confused. A lost soul.

She reminded me of another one I met few weeks ago in Byron Bay area, Australia. Very similar, selfish, drawn to people who vibrate at higher energy frequency. But this one blocked me out completely, there wasn't a way for me to see through her blockages. Anyway as opposed to the shiatsu girl, this lady wasn't aware of the spiritual.

I spoke to her about the Dharma and she showed no interest. Then I realised what was all about: pure and simple sucking energy. She even said that I can give you a free treatment to help you improve your Bagua work. Insane.

Now, for those of you who encounter this kind of individuals, careful because they can suck your lifeforce big time, especially if you happen to interact with them at a sexual level.

Best way to guard yourself from this kind of attacks: breathe in and consciously expand your aura. That will suffice to ward off any negative energy.

Taoists like to wear charms but Asians are more Yin than Westerners therefore are more susceptible to this sort of attacks. But Westerners born in Yin years need more protection as opposed to people born in Yang years, for instance.

Anyway I feel this is normal in the spiritual path, one attracts like-minded souls (like here us in TaoBums) but also souls who want to absorb your energy mainly because they are a kind of energy parasites (sorry for sing this terminology but I can't think of any other).

May all sentient beings be liberated from suffering and reach nirvana.

975rhx.png

Or even better you must decapitate her at once and drive a wooden stake through her heart, but first find out if she has any relatives!!!

God Bless

I tried this ... then ....

"The fair girl went on her knees and bent over me, fairly gloating. There was a deliberate voluptuousness which was both thrilling and repulsive, and as she arched her neck she actually licked her lips like an animal... I could feel the soft, shivering touch of the lips on the supersensitive skin of my throat, and the hard dents of two sharp teeth, just touching and pausing there."

"Ah ... Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

A lot of people who don't learn to grow their nerves become addicted to people around them as emotional spokes.

I have met very few actual energy vampires on my travels but one kung fu teacher who was highly manipulative actually showed me how to take away peoples energy, students would go to his classes full of energy and come out drained-it taught me a lot about putting up shields when I am around such people. There are many 'accidental' vampires-emotionally needy people who just feed on you, go to any 'Health expo' and they are there in droves. Others are hands on healers [usually trained in western modalities] who are oblivious of the laws of energy and absorb bad energy, often passing it on to others. Treat all these events as part of your training and you will learn from them

Peace

• Like 2

OK, here is the story about the energy vampire.

Starjumper and the Energy Vampire - Part 1

This hermit, me, decided to do some socializing and so I joined a group that has regular meetings. It's mainly a group of Reiki people, a couple of Reiki teachers looking for marks, and other interested and curious parties.

They had pictures of the members on their website. The organizer looked nice enough, but I had a strong negative reaction to the assistant organizer that I didn't understand when I saw the picture of the assistant organizer, who calls herself a Reiki master and witch.

I went to a group meeting and when I saw this person, I froze for a second as she looked sort of shocking, in a bad way, her hair was almost completely white, it was in a sort of loose perm, but it was extremely thin all over, so much so that you could see her scalp, like a very old lady, and yet the skin on her face looked like that of a twenty year old. My friend, Sushi, told me that this is a sure sign of an energy vampire.

I recently told a friend about freezing for a moment when I sa the witch and mentioned that this is a natural reaction of a prey that sees a predator. he said if that had happened he would have turned right around and left. A more aware and wiser thing to do than what I did.

When I joined online I mentioned that I was a chi kung adept and the organizer commented that he really liked me already. He had not greeted any other joinees like that. In retrospect I think it was to sucker me into visiting.

During that meeting they had a person lie on a massage table and others in the group came up and waved their hands around, supposedly doing healing work. My teacher told me to not play energy games like that and so I stood aside at first but the organizer insisted I join in and I didn't want to be rude so I did for a couple of minutes. When the first person was done then the organizer said to me: "OK, you're next", not asking but commanding. I hated the idea of a bunch of freaking armatures messing with my energy, but once again, I didn't want to be rude and so I submitted.

I lay on my back on the table and they came up and started holding their hands over me. I didn't want their energy and so I used intent to radiate energy outwards in order to overpower them. One of the guys there who was quite sensitive and psychic said that he felt he couldn't give me any energy because it felt to him like I was already saturated with energy.

Then the witch came up to my head, sat on a chair, and put her hands on each side of it. Next she started sliding and reaching her hands down under my back, palms up, and as she did so she started making these moaning sounds. At first I though she was feeling my pain and was being empathic. It wasn't until later, after I figured out that she was an energy vampire, that I realized she was sort of like orgasming off my good energy as she vacuumed it up, which is about as disgusting to me as it gets, considering how very unattractive she is - and stealing.

There's more to this story.

Remember, everything has it's good and it's bad side.

Edited to correct chronological arrangement of paragraphs

Edited by Starjumper7

Starjumper, I loved reading your story. More, you say? I cant wait.

The story so far,as it seems to me: you met a lady with less than lush hair but nice skin, who groaned with pleasure when she touched you.

heh.

:o

Maybe alopecia makes some women very easily sexually aroused.

Is that what you meant by "Remember, everything has it's good and it's bad side."....

Kidding... :P

LOL, here's some more:

Starman vs. the vampires - Part 2

That was basically what happened that meeting, except that before I left, and after the two organizers met in a back room, the organizer came out to tell me that he wanted me to give a talk on chi kung. I wasn't looking for students, but I agreed to mainly because I wanted to talk about the differences between Reiki and chi kung healing.

For the following three days after the meeting I was dog tired but I assumed it was because I was low on sleep. It's hard to appreciate how dense I really can be sometimes, because at other times when I'm low on sleep I don't get so tired.

A time was arranged for about a month later. I left early so as not to be late to my own speech, and decided to take an alternate route to the meeting, which was way far away on the other side of the big city. It turns out there was a lot of traffic there, I assumed something incorrect about taking a different exit off the freeway, and the last segment was blocked to traffic and only police cars and ambulances were getting through, evidently some people had been playing bumper cars up ahead. I called the meeting to tell them the situation and that I would be late. I started to have a feeling that I shouldn't even go, but I backtracked, got back on the freeway, and took a different exit. In retrospect I think maybe some body upstairs was messin' with me again, but I'm superstitious like that.

I finally arrived, about 11 or 13 =) minutes late for my own speech and got started.

There were about twenty people there and everyone sat in chairs in a big circle around the edges of the room. The vampire, who I didn't yet know was a vampire, didn't sit in a chair. She sat on the floor near me. As part of my talk I went around the room passing my hand over theirs, so they could feel some chi. When I got to the vampire she said that her left hand had felt an attractive pull and her right hand had felt receiving, so I tried making pulling motions above her left hand and her hand rose up! I was using my right hand at the time. This was the first time I had experienced that type of thing, as I've worked a bit on pushing people with energy but not pulling.

Later, near the end of my talk I demonstrated energy work I do on my students, which is more 'spiritual' rather than healing. A couple of times the person was amazed at some of the feelings, particularly during the gentle sparkly shower part at the end =)

So then it was time to go. The vampire wanted to give me a goodbye hug (puking emoticon goes here) and I happened to have brought my big red insulated plastic mug of green tea along, which I was holding in my left hand, and so I only hugged her with my right side and arm, which seemed significant at the time but I didn't know why. I could have put both arms around her but just didn't want to.

Right after that this very nice guy named John, who was working on doing distance healing was currently testing his long distance diagnostic abilities, came up to me to talk about it and so we agreed that he do a long distance diagnostic test on me later that night.

John did good, he identified my thyroid nodules and then he said that my whole right side, the side I had hugged the vampire with, was totally depleted of energy. I still did not realize the lady was an energy vampire for a couple of days.

I see this, John's diagnostic work, as a bit of helpful synchronicity

There's more to this story, and remember, everything has it's good and it's bad side.

Edited by Starjumper7

While I do believe that people can tend to leech off others, and perhaps drain us on all levels...

I don't think it's a good way to be to call them energy vampires and avoid them. The best thing to do would be to show them how to cultivate energy for themselves.

My opinion is that they have some inner imbalance...avoiding them isn't going to help balance them out. Share what you know with them!

Otherwise, you're a hoarder, and are doing no good for this world.

knowing others-cleverness

knowing yourself-wisdom

many defeats can turn out to become a victory

very interesting-thanks alot

B) take care!

From what I know, there are only three ways to get energy. From your environment (physical and spiritual), from your own reserves, and from other people. If you ask me, the bulk of human interaction exists to cooperate getting energy from the environment, through love and pleasant activities; to cooperate in evoking energy from one's own reserves through invigorating activities; or to compete for energy through emotionally competitive activities.

The third category is the realm of what we're calling vampires - though I'm troubled by the term. Nearly everyone does it, though some people are real experts. And it seems to me the reason for their skill stems from an inability to acquire adequate energy from the other sources. They have either depleted and do not know how to replenish their reserves, or they have a blockages that prevent them from accessing their reserves and/or the environment.

Their needy, manipulative, emotionally abusive, standoffish, cynical or other such energy stealing behaviors will diminish if they learn how to tap these other energy reservoirs and replenish their reserves.

Shutting them out and avoiding them is good for you in the short term, but they'll just find other victims and continue being victims.

Heroes vanquish demons - healers transform them.

Too often our demons are allies with empty bellies. Give them a meal, share your abundance, but don't without sharing your mind. The sacrament is bread and wine. Feed them then teach them to feed themselves.

天之在我者德也,地之在我者气也,德流气薄而生也。

• Like 2

Three ways of chi cultivation from my original teachers introduction to me on practice: food air movement

Too often our demons are allies with empty bellies. Give them a meal, share your abundance, but don't without sharing your mind. The sacrament is bread and wine. Feed them then teach them to feed themselves.

Oftentimes if you soft focus on a room full of people it is VERY obvious what planes each person is tuned into. Follow the heat and the light. Looking for unique fingerprints.

From what I know, there are only three ways to get energy. From your environment (physical and spiritual), from your own reserves, and from other people. If you ask me, the bulk of human interaction exists to cooperate getting energy from the environment, through love and pleasant activities; to cooperate in evoking energy from one's own reserves through invigorating activities; or to compete for energy through emotionally competitive activities.

The third category is the realm of what we're calling vampires - though I'm troubled by the term. Nearly everyone does it, though some people are real experts. And it seems to me the reason for their skill stems from an inability to acquire adequate energy from the other sources. They have either depleted and do not know how to replenish their reserves, or they have a blockages that prevent them from accessing their reserves and/or the environment.

Their needy, manipulative, emotionally abusive, standoffish, cynical or other such energy stealing behaviors will diminish if they learn how to tap these other energy reservoirs and replenish their reserves.

Shutting them out and avoiding them is good for you in the short term, but they'll just find other victims and continue being victims.

天之在我者德也,地之在我者气也,德流气薄而生也。

Thanks for this - a much more positive and healthy approach. All this talk of vampires and so on is generally quite negative. People who get into this kind of energy hungry mode are doubtless suffering and need compassion and healing. Otherwise if you don't feel you have the capacity to do this then just avoid or use simple protective methods.

This is a great thread really, made me realise some things about myself and others.

Just wanted to say that.

Agree with your statement but in my case a selfish attitude was involved, this is bad karma. This person doesn't want to get healed, she just wants to absorb energy for free instead of learning how to cultivate it.

Namaste.

This is a very interesting thread indeed...

I was recently living with an old friend who is seriously ill -mentally...he has always been a drain on all of his friends. He has cultivated a laziness demon that basically runs his life, in that he has never accomplished anything, beyond the ability to drive a car-which he needs to go about and steal energy. I spoke with him often about his being a black hole of energy absorption and how I would not support that -I made him wash his own dishes for instance etc...I tried to make him aware of his proclivities and responsibilities as a human, he remained infantile at most instances...

I refused to placate that demand for energy and activly faught his demon to get him motivated, he became suicidal. I kept him from finishing the job but he was removed to a hospital where he remained for months.

since he returned I have avoided him to a large degree and told him it is because he remains stubbornly lazy and unresponsive to anyone else's needs etc...

My point is that sometimes we just can not awaken people to their own better selves. It is a waste of time and energy...it may take him many life times to regrow his own spirit, but I believe the best that I can do for him is chant and pray that he awaken...

I let him know that I care what happens to him, bbut I will noy allow myself to be exposed to his constant negative energy levels...I have visited him briefly a few times over the past 6 months and realize he is just a sponge for attention and human contact that anyone would want and need-still I remain absent from his draining presence, self preservation wins out!

Nothing is easy that has any meaning... but we need to try and help those we encounter as we are able to do so-without harming ourselves in any serious way-

love to all-Pat

Agree with your statement but in my case a selfish attitude was involved, this is bad karma. This person doesn't want to get healed, she just wants to absorb energy for free instead of learning how to cultivate it.

Namaste.

No judgments from me.

You're really better off avoiding a thief who understands what she's doing. I simply wanted point out that many 'vampires' don't understand how their manipulation actually affects other people. People too often batter away at one another emotionally without realizing that they are really engaging in a form of combat on the energetic level that can manifest physical consequences.

I know for one when I was young and unaware I would consistently undermine my little sister's confidence. Every time she accomplished something I pointed out her faults. In essence, that confidence was an abundance of Qi and I, deficient, would steal it at the first opportunity. It made me feel good. Of course it did, I stole her abundance. But it didn't last because I was leaking and without connection to my own energy sources.

If you look, you'll find all sorts of energy contests between people. From the simple crabbiness of missing a meal to overt character assaults. Some people use neediness and clinging, some incite your interest and stay aloof. Almost everyone hustles a little in their own way. 意到气到,Where attention goes, Qi follows.

But it's a bleak worldview to see only the hustlers. Working relationships charge both sides because both parties give. Let your lover fill your entire field of awareness, she will be charged and in turn she'll charge you. And as you receive more, you'll have more to give, and so goes the upward cycle.

Listening is giving, yang within yin; where attention goes, Qi follows.

• Like 1

No judgments from me.

You're really better off avoiding a thief who understands what she's doing. I simply wanted point out that many 'vampires' don't understand how their manipulation actually affects other people. People too often batter away at one another emotionally without realizing that they are really engaging in a form of combat on the energetic level that can manifest physical consequences.

I know for one when I was young and unaware I would consistently undermine my little sister's confidence. Every time she accomplished something I pointed out her faults. In essence, that confidence was an abundance of Qi and I, deficient, would steal it at the first opportunity. It made me feel good. Of course it did, I stole her abundance. But it didn't last because I was leaking and without connection to my own energy sources.

If you look, you'll find all sorts of energy contests between people. From the simple crabbiness of missing a meal to overt character assaults. Some people use neediness and clinging, some incite your interest and stay aloof. Almost everyone hustles a little in their own way. 意到气到,Where attention goes, Qi follows.

But it's a bleak worldview to see only the hustlers. Working relationships charge both sides because both parties give. Let your lover fill your entire field of awareness, she will be charged and in turn she'll charge you. And as you receive more, you'll have more to give, and so goes the upward cycle.

Listening is giving, yang within yin; where attention goes, Qi follows.

You know this is all very interesting and makes me wonder

I mean is it really possible for someone to steal energy on purpose knowing full well what they were doing?

If someone acually was doing this consistently it seems it would have to be out of ignorance or being lost-

Sign in to follow this