talkinghead

My impression of the Kunlun Seminar tonight

Starjumper, why do you keep ringing your danger bell in every Kunlun thread? You keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over.... SHEESH! We get your point already... :rolleyes:

All the sarcastic comments, and just the sheer amount of energy you're putting into this...

To warn everyone of the dangers? I don't think so.

Are you sure there aren't any other reason? Yes, that is a pointed question.

Well this is one of the few kunlun related threads I've been in. I know there are a lot of people here into kunlun, but starjumper is the first person (that I've read anyway) that is against it. Like there are other people that are just like, "it's not for me", but star's flat out against it.

Which is, to be a little honest, refreshing :P

But for someone who doesn't kunlun but hasn't really heard about it, it's good to hear both sides of opinions. Like when I go to amazon and buy something online, I look at the 1 star reviews first, you know, because the people who give 5 stars obviously love it, but it's good to hear why some people don't like it :D

Which is, to be a little honest, refreshing

But for someone who doesn't kunlun but hasn't really heard about it, it's good to hear both sides of opinions. Like when I go to amazon and buy something online, I look at the 1 star reviews first, you know, because the people who give 5 stars obviously love it, but it's good to hear why some people don't like it

Haha! I do that on amazon, as well.

I agree that it's refreshing, even if I disagree with some of what he says. SJ has brought balance back to the force! ;)

Starjumper! ;)

Just a matter of time.....

To person that started the thread, thankyou for posting your honest review that was very refreshing indeed!

WYG told you so many many times...Muhahahah MUHAHAHAHAHA

OK im done...

:)

Sj has no experience with Kunlun or Max and is still just a woman scorned. He "lost" his "girlfriend" to Max and Kunlun. Boo hoo.

Now we have to live with his psycho-ass forever (cuz da pain never stops hurting, :( )

Seriously dude you HAVE NO IDEA what or who you are talking about. Talking shit about laying Max out on a stretcher might just be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I pray you get the chance. You wouldn't like the results, chump.

The impressions from a free lecture can be pretty wild, but time always proves that this stuff works. Also, Max continually encourages people not to be followers and the practice itself MAKES one an independent practitioner. That is how it is designed. See the teacher once and you don't need to see them again.

Everything else is bullshit.

If you want to listen to the delusional crybaby that is Starjumper, then you are missing out on a powerful practice that produces amazing results on the people who try it in their first weekend.

It could have been a cult last year: still ain't. To be a cult I believe you need followers. To get followers you need to make them believe they need you. Max empowers people by showing them that they have the ability to heal themselves and awaken themselves.

And despite the popularity of Kunlun, Max and the crew are still just barely covering costs. No one realizes how much charity they do. These are good people.

Edited by Satori

Well thanks for getting our back there Satori.

The truth is that many people can be confused by what they see at the lectures. We try to be clear with what is going on but frankly it is a bit much for some folks.

Most people get it, or at least reserve judgement until they actually experience the seminar itself. Unlike the person who started this topic who only saw the lecture and didn't do the weekend.

As for SJ, dude you really need to meet Max.

It will shut you up.

Sj has no experience with Kunlun or Max and is still just a woman scorned. He "lost" his "girlfriend" to Max and Kunlun. Boo hoo.

Not quite right, I'm married, had never met my "girlfriend", and you're wrong about all the rest of it too.

Satori, you are so emotional these days, are you OK? Those who can see clearly know what Max is doing, try rereading the first post again, Bozo.

Smile showed what burning palm was really like in a video he posted here at Tao Bums, showing Max to be the liar, and Max's website is full of lies which are so easy to see.

Lin was describing Max in the thread I linked to near the top of this thread, try reading that.

Edited by Starjumper7

Those who can see clearly know what Max is doing, try rereading the first post again, Bozo.

Smile showed what burning palm was really like in a video he posted here at Tao Bums, showing Max to be the liar, and Max's website is full of lies which are so easy to see.

Lin was describing Max in the thread I linked to near the top of this thread, try reading that.

Max does burning palm demonstrations regularly. What is your point?

Max does burning palm demonstrations regularly. What is your point?

The point is that his claim to doing it is a lie because he doesn't know how to do it because he doesn't have the ability to do it. He can't do it but he puts on demos - outrageous, huh?. Smile demonstrated it in a video here, he did it with a light tap. Max slaps the shit out of someone to make their skin turn red. When Hundun, who knows what it is supposed to be like, saw that he left the seminar in disgust. However people who don't know how it is supposed to work eat it up. That's just ONE example.

Edited by Starjumper7

The point is that his claim to doing it is a lie because he doesn't know how to do it because he doesn't have the ability to do it. He can't do it but he puts on demos - outrageous, huh?. Smile demonstrated it in a video here, he did it with a light tap. Max slaps the shit out of someone to make their skin turn red. When Hundun, who knows what it is supposed to be like, saw that he left the seminar in disgust. However people who don't know how it is supposed to work eat it up. That's just ONE example.

Oh, I see. Your knowledge of burning palm is limited.

Max is certainly capable of producing the results you saw from Smile's video. I can do that too. Max taught me.

He also demonstrates that, but what you, in your confusion, are referring to is the burning palm treatment as a medicine. This was done in regions where there are no herbs and winters are long. All you have is palming to help clear blockages, remove toxins from the skin, and draw out "bad" chi. This is a more vigorous continuos slapping. This is what Hundun saw and apparently misunderstood as well (he has since reversed his opinions of Max by the way).

There is also the Eagle Claw technique and Scorpion Palm (a crowd favorite).

Anyway, you probably don't know what those are about either, but I'm sure you have an opinion...

I can feel that there are some here in this forum that is stuck in fear. I think it was Castaneda that wrote that a man who is seeking for knowledge have four enemies to overcome and the first of them is fear.

Not quite right, I'm married, had never met my "girlfriend", and you're wrong about all the rest of it too.

Satori, you are so emotional these days, are you OK? Those who can see clearly know what Max is doing, try rereading the first post again, Bozo.

I read the thread, where does he mention Max? The best thing about kunlun is you don't need to see a teacher or guru after learning it, including Max, so the the impression of Max no longer really matters anymore, although I found him to be extremely humble and kind. I have noticed all the negative impressions are from non practitioners anyway, and I am more concerned about the practice of kunlun which I am glad he taught me along with red pheonix.

Regarding Max and Kunlun when I first saw the video and read the text on his website I was quite a bit disappointed: The tacky costumes, the theatrical gestures, the pseudo-science and new age talk on the site.

But then there are many people here who had similar impression, but still went to the speech or a workshop and came back convinced that Max is the real deal and has something to offer and that he's a nice guy.

So, that to me matters a lot. I guess the site and the video, which by the way are graphically well done, are perhaps just a bit overeager.

So, after hearing all the good opinions I'd one day try to meet Max and see what he's like for myself.

I bought the book and tried the practice a few times, but didn't continue as I'm busy with other things. However, I didn't get the impression that anything sinister was at work.

The kundalini yoga connection (and I assume it is Yogi Bhajan's ky) was a little red flag, too. There are many rumours about the authenticity of that kundalini yoga (in India there seems to be a different one) and about the moral standards of the yogi (check out the Rick Ross site for that). But it appears that Max only taught at their center. Perhaps Chris can give more information on this.

Anyways, Starjumper. You give a lot of interesting information and seem to have a lot of training behind you and accumulated skills and knowledge. I especially liked the information in the Bruce Lee thread on your teacher.

But the impression I got from all your posts was of someone who is desperately looking for attention like: Here I am, I know a lot of stuff, I have all these abilities and I should be regarded as a master, I should have lots of students. But instead they're all running to this Max.

And let me tell you I have lots of very interesting information on him. Perhaps I'll show you. Or perhaps better not because I was told not to. BUt I have all these juicy details and perhaps I'll let you know.

And when Max was in my town I didn't go. Why should I? But if he tried to touch me and put a worm inside of me and suck all my energy- ha- then I'll teach this guy a lesson and show him how powerful I am. Yeahh!!

Looks like someone looking for attention. That's my impression.

I read the one star reviews too. If they resonate with me, then I won't get the book. But I only review the books I've actually read. :lol:

Oh, I see. Your knowledge of burning palm is limited.

Max is certainly capable of producing the results you saw from Smile's video. I can do that too. Max taught me.

He also demonstrates that, but what you, in your confusion, are referring to is the burning palm treatment as a medicine. This was done in regions where there are no herbs and winters are long. All you have is palming to help clear blockages, remove toxins from the skin, and draw out "bad" chi. This is a more vigorous continuos slapping. This is what Hundun saw and apparently misunderstood as well (he has since reversed his opinions of Max by the way).

There is also the Eagle Claw technique and Scorpion Palm (a crowd favorite).

Anyway, you probably don't know what those are about either, but I'm sure you have an opinion...

OK then, so there's a different kind of burning palm. I know of eagle Claw as a martial art method but I'msure I don't know about it in the manner you are refering to, nor of Scorpion palm, nor do I want to know about the other crowd favorites either.

Edited by Starjumper7

Chris,

I'm trying to contact you, please PM if you recieved my message.. it's really important to me, thank you.

if you want me to contact you with email or other way, please let me know.

Edited by ToL

I had the eagle claw and scorpion palm done. it was then I first understood how someone could pass out from too much of it :lol: painful, yet I was amazingly refreshed afterward.

I've refrained from posting because...what does one say to this neverending discussion? This has already been hashed over, rehashed, and then reviewed another 62 times just for thoroughness's sake. Everyone that is posting negative things about max have never seen/met him, never attended a seminar of his, never practiced his methods for any substantial amount of time, the list goes on. Those that have tried his practices and decide that they do not resonate with them, by and large, do not have negative things to say. (there are obviously always an exception or two to the rule...)

Seriously, if the detractors have anything substantial to say, say it. Yes, that means something with substance and not rumors, hearsay, shit he's going to steal your soul, I'd kick his ass, or anything else that is a veritable waste of the poster's time and energy. (we're still waiting on that one.)

I was reading the first post thinking, ok, this is your impression of max after seeing him speak for ~30 minutes and yes, he's talking about the stuff he teaches. Sales pitch? How would that differ from another in a similar position? If I were a teacher I would speak well of the practices that I teach also. Honestly my head was slightly cocked to the side after listening to his free lecture as well, but I had already seen plenty of people have good responses to the practices and had the book and was practicing it for a couple months prior. I had already made up my mind to go the the full seminar and see what the deal was, and I have not been disappointed.

The problem with the faster methods is that it shows no quarter and does not discriminate in what it brings up. If it is part of you then it will bring it up and show it to you plain as day, right to your face. As such, its not a practice for everyone. Not if you have one bit of 'I can deal with x later' in you, because you will get it when your body tosses it up at you, not when you would like to deal with it.

So seriously, SJ...a demon? Not all parts of oneself are wholesome and beautiful. I guess I could blame issues I've had and overcome on a demon as well, but if I did that i certainly wouldnt be being honest with myself, it would be easy to shift blame elsewhere, label it as something external to myself...but would that get me past my issue? It might make me forget about it, I could try and less aggressive method and pat myself on the ass for having overcome something....

This isnt the first time you've mentioned something ooh bad that oh, you cant elaborate on. Stories can be told in an anonymous manner....perhaps the originator would give his blessing to an anonymous tale so we can stop rolling our eyes at such comments?

I'm gonna go hop in the shower.

Peace :)

Dan

• Like 1

I should say as a disclaimer that I'm certainly not trying to deliver the final word on this practice. I'm going to keep doing Kunlun because at the very least its still a good Chi Kung practice. I haven't acheived any major results from it, but I'm going to again try doing the semen retention.

I ended up not going to the course because I don't want to fall into a pattern of putting hopes for spiritual attainment in other peoples hands. A part of me would like for that to be possible; but I think its a weaker part that I shouldn't give into.

Max was unwilling to put any energy into any people who were not already his groupies. The people he would touch had what looked like powerful orgasms, and I think that's because they have placed great love in him and have a deep need to be controlled. Today, when my girlfriend touched my back it felt like electricity went through me, and I let my body jerk around a lot without me feeling like I was faking it too much.

If I hear from other people that they recieved the transmission from Max, that it jumpstarted their practice, and now they're having more powerful meditations than ever before; I will definitely seek him out someday. But it did not really seem like they could stand on their own. He didn't appear evil to me, but like a powerful person that likes having control over those who will give it to him. And if you want to be controlled by someone then its worth the money. Right now it just looked as if the people their were too hopeful and dependant on Max.

There is no savior, and he is not coming. All we have is our existence.

I should say as a disclaimer that I'm certainly not trying to deliver the final word on this practice. I'm going to keep doing Kunlun because at the very least its still a good Chi Kung practice. I haven't acheived any major results from it, but I'm going to again try doing the semen retention.

I ended up not going to the course because I don't want to fall into a pattern of putting hopes for spiritual attainment in other peoples hands. A part of me would like for that to be possible; but I think its a weaker part that I shouldn't give into.

Max was unwilling to put any energy into any people who were not already his groupies. The people he would touch had what looked like powerful orgasms, and I think that's because they have placed great love in him and have a deep need to be controlled. Today, when my girlfriend touched my back it felt like electricity went through me, and I let my body jerk around a lot without me feeling like I was faking it too much.

If I hear from other people that they recieved the transmission from Max, that it jumpstarted their practice, and now they're having more powerful meditations than ever before; I will definitely seek him out someday. But it did not really seem like they could stand on their own. He didn't appear evil to me, but like a powerful person that likes having control over those who will give it to him. And if you want to be controlled by someone then its worth the money. Right now it just looked as if the people their were too hopeful and dependant on Max.

There is no savior, and he is not coming. All we have is our existence.

Did you miss the part where Max says you are your own guru? I've seen this posted MANY times from quite a few people.

I haven't been to a seminar yet (I'm going to the San Diego one this coming weekend) but my impression is he just gives you a few tools so you don't need anyone but yourself (your own inner teacher who makes itself known)

Edited by ddilulo_06

Talkinghead,

I'm glad you like the actual practice. If Max doesn't click with you, there's always Jenny Lamb who is doing a workshop in Colorado in Feb and likely will do more in 2009. And there are also other teachers like Vajrasattva on the forum and Bradford Keeney and an email course that Scotty found.

your pal,

Yoda

Talkinghead,

I'm glad you like the actual practice. If Max doesn't click with you, there's always Jenny Lamb who is doing a workshop in Colorado in Feb and likely will do more in 2009. And there are also other teachers like Vajrasattva on the forum and Bradford Keeney and an email course that Scotty found.

your pal,

Yoda

I am wondering how close Jenny Lambs teaching is to this. I have heard that she doesn't travel with an "entourage", so would expect the presentation to be a bit different.

Rookie,

I've heard that Sifu Jenny has a more down-to-earth vibe. Her book on the subject is due out sometime in 2009 and we'll announce it, of course.

Your pal,

Yoda

Jenny Lamb teahes the complete practice of spontaneous Qi Kung, Max has added transmissions, mudras, and movements to his level 1,2,3. If you want the original practice without the new age stuff see Max's teacher Jenny Lamb!

Remember Max has added the story of Kunlun, transmission, demon cave, mudras, and movements to Jennys art. If i remember correctly she said at a seminar you dont need any of that its powerful enough!!!

follow your heart not your mind... :D

Spirit Ape

Guest winpro07

"My dear, I certainly hope that it can be cleaned up but it would require a very advanced person to help you I think. Possibly it doesn't affect everyone in the same way but I think it's because some people aren't sensitive enough. I just heard from someone who had a demon attach to themselves just from reading the book and practicing it. It prevented them from practicing their good practice, among o ther things.They were sensitive enough to feel the detrimental effect but didn't know where it was coming from until they met an advanced yogi. Keep in mind that this came just from the book and the practice, they hadn't even met Max or received his poisonous transmission."

Steve, are you not very advanced?