Long Yun

What are you getting for the holidays?

Last year I got a dzi bead, and it supprisingly feels pretty good. When I touch it whatever aches and pains I may be having go away. Maybe just a placebo effect, though. I don't know. (For those of you who don't know, dzi beads are supposedly ancient, ancient beads from heaven that fell to earth and they have mystical properties, etc.)

But this year I'm thinking about one of those negative ion salt lamps. We'll see.

Well, what is everbody getting themselves? :D

Im getting Bodyreading 101 DVD from the Anatomy Trainns series by Tom Myers. Very expencive but that guy has done some really amazing work!

Edited by sheng zhen

Wu-Lui -

How/where does a person come to own a dzi bead - never heard of one - am enchanted by it's description - are they traded/bought/wished for/Dear Santa letter? Please share (where you get one - not your bead)...Thank you, marbles

Nothing on my Christmas list - 'cept maybe the dzi bead - I've got too much stuff already - seriously, more stuff than I have room for - shameful - but am working on lightening the load - like 47 shirts and I wear 6 of them - I've got a box started for the WBSD (a store that takes donations to help the less fortunate - unfortunately the less fortunate may not want 15 year old shirts - even if there are 41 of them....) heavy sigh...

If only I had learned to quilt.....

Wu-Lui -

How/where does a person come to own a dzi bead - never heard of one - am enchanted by it's description - are they traded/bought/wished for/Dear Santa letter? Please share (where you get one - not your bead)...Thank you, marbles

Nothing on my Christmas list - 'cept maybe the dzi bead - I've got too much stuff already - seriously, more stuff than I have room for - shameful - but am working on lightening the load - like 47 shirts and I wear 6 of them - I've got a box started for the WBSD (a store that takes donations to help the less fortunate - unfortunately the less fortunate may not want 15 year old shirts - even if there are 41 of them....) heavy sigh...

If only I had learned to quilt.....

You can get them from numerous feng shui suppliers online. You can get recently made ones from Tibet for around $30, but if you want one of the really ancient ones, you could end up paying hundreds. I got a $30 one :D

http://www.squidoo.com/dzistones

This site has a lot of info on them, and some of the things listed seem a little far fetched. But I am a big believer in the power of crystals, so I just think of dzi as being another type of crystal. And mine works with suprising effect for clearing up headaches... so there's got to be something said for them. Anyway, theres a site that sells them listed on the above page, but any google search for "dzi bead" will pull up plenty of providers. Read the page and know what makes one real versus an immitation. Hope this helps. Peace. :lol:

Thank you Wu-Lui -

I like the sound of the $30 one - but find the hundreds of dollars one more intriguing - but, not having hundreds of dollars I too will go for a $30 one. Merry Christmas to me and my dzi bead! Thank you again.

I've got access to a book called "the crystal bible" - probably an amazon.com title - amazing with what it shows for the healing properties of every stone. Check it out if you're so inclined.

I'll write Santa for the authentic dzi bead - but if that doesn't work out I''ll get the other.

Thank you.

marbles

Thank you Wu-Lui -

I like the sound of the $30 one - but find the hundreds of dollars one more intriguing - but, not having hundreds of dollars I too will go for a $30 one. Merry Christmas to me and my dzi bead! Thank you again.

I've got access to a book called "the crystal bible" - probably an amazon.com title - amazing with what it shows for the healing properties of every stone. Check it out if you're so inclined.

I'll write Santa for the authentic dzi bead - but if that doesn't work out I''ll get the other.

Thank you.

marbles

Hi Marbles!

Just a quick note DZI beads can be found. Easily for under 10 bucks

Find them for 5 already made up into a bracelet.

Most out there ARE repros, only some repros are very old so more money.

They are made out of agates, that for lack of a better word are " batiqued".

For a long time folks couldn't figure out how they were made

so lots of Fantastic stories were told about them

And sorry, kids, but mystisym sells.

At times the better the stories the better

The price, LOL, a shame maybe, but true.

The book you mentioned is a good one.

It's a good introuduction to a lot of stones.

Most of the pictures are good.

It is just little bits of info but most of the info seems pretty on target.

Good luck, have fun, don't need to spend bunches!

The cheep ones feel just as nice usually:)

The more u work with anything the better it will feal.

Good night!

Sorry for any bad spelling, LOL!

Shon

Hi Shon,

Thanks for the information. Whre do you get them? Are we talking jewelry store, new age store, ebay? Do you have dzi beads? How do they benefit you?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm on my 3rd cup of tea...

Thank you,

Have a wonderful day,

marbles

aka Jenny

Hi Shon,

Thanks for the information. Whre do you get them? Are we talking jewelry store, new age store, ebay? Do you have dzi beads? How do they benefit you?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm on my 3rd cup of tea...

Thank you,

Have a wonderful day,

marbles

aka Jenny

http://www.pacificspiritcatalogs.com/Dzi_B...t_of_3-2895.htm

This is the link to 3 loose dzi beads for $16. They look authentic in the photo, which means I wish I'd seen this before I had ordered mine :lol: