Yoda

February Jenny Lamb Spontaneous Qigong seminar!

I think that sayings such as, "a good student would...." shouldn't be thrown around.

How do you define a good student? Someone who shows up to class every day and pays the dues? Someone who shows up to one class a week but practices 5-6 hours a day at home when he gets back from work?

Just too many variables and variations amongst "good students" to systematically say how a "good student" would act. Plus you just end up offending someone.

I have no doubt that Gloria is a "good student". I hope I didn't imply otherwise anywhere. And I can't speak for Max or Chris either so this will be the last comment I make on this thread. Like I said I hope Gloria finds the answers she needs.

Well here's what you said:

So..imo..the one time deal isn't something a serious student should follow.

And, you know... this is exactly the type of thing about the marketing I brought up in the "I Practice Kunlun" thread.

The marketing says you should come ONCE, receive the transmission, and then diligent, serious practice cultivating that transmission, that seed, is all you need. That's what it says everywhere you look at Kunlun marketing, book summaries, seminar summaries, etc etc.

Then someone comes in saying that the one time seminar + diligent practice turned up problems, and you respond with that quoted phrase.... which, I hope you can imagine, can be rather insulting especially when you followed the directions as you were told up front (one transmission + diligent practice)

It's not necessarily that the practice is wrong. The problem is that the marketing is mis-representing that practice. If the practice requires one to come to several workshops/classes to learn balancing techniques between Kunlun and Red Phoenix or whatever, then the advertisements NEED TO SAY "follow up attendance is recommended to learn other balancing techniques."

If the advertising doesn't say that, it misrepresents the system and you have issues like this. Again, it's not a judgment about the system of Kunlun or whether it works, it's about the outside claims being made about it that misrepresent the practice.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

You can't get that in a 1 or 2 day workshop. You may get all you need but you won't get the details. As well as learning more practices that can help. Maybe you don't absolutely need them. But if your really intent on going all the way in a system why wouldn't you try to learn all you can?

Which is exactly why somewhere in the advertisements it should say, "follow up classes recommended to learn move about the system." Because right now it says "one seminar is all you need."

Obviously when you join some school or something, they don't tell you, "you need to come as often as possible to learn all the details" in part because it's understood, and in part because... well.... they don't make claims like, "show up for one seminar and that's all you need!"

But Kunlun does make that "one seminar" claim. So someone should either make some follow up statement, or they need to take down that original claim.

Heck, I've heard more about Kunlun by reading all of your and Mantra86's posts than I have by reading the website. Again, the picture your posts paint and the picture the advertisements claim are totally different. Why not just be up front in the first place?

Ahh..I posted again in this threa..sorry.

Don't worry about it :D

LMFAO This is hilarious!!!

Told you all before just go and see Jenny she is the teacher of Max and if you want the Original version without the B.S added then just go to Jenny if you want the the extra cheese and sauses and supersized Kunlun version of what Jennys WAS then go to Max.

Cam,

Why cant you except that he feels Jenny is all you need rather try and defend Maxs way?

Ape

Cameron,

I do not know you or anyone doing kunlun personally, but I can tell you this.

You are doing nothing to help your cause by coming on like a crusader.

It's not in our control to let go.

No one is ever done learning.

Our opinions reveal our faults to everyone.

:wub:;)

Not sure what your talking about. Could you please be more specific?

If I am not mistaken I have said in almost every post I make on this topic that people should follow there own path and Max isn't the right teacher for everyone. In addition to that, if you bothered to even read what I have written here over the last few years(alot)you would know I have had my own fair share of critisizm for the way Kunlun was presented myself.

I have come full circle and see a kind of "trickster wisdom" behind Max's way of teaching but I certainly wouldn't call myself a crusader. In any case, think what you like.

I don't think much about it.

But I would ask you if you think your teacher, sifu, master, whatever you want to call him, would approve of your actions here.

You sound very definsive.

MDG,

LOL, nah about a year ago I was really interested in seeing Max to feel his Qi and to meet him of course but overtime I seemed to really take a disliking to him for many reasons. But Jenny sounds cool and one day would like to see what her system is all about but I have alot of stuff im doing at present and getting HUGE results in my own arts.

Good luck on your path!

Cameron,

I know what you are saying man, I was only getting a rise out of ya! You seem like a cool dude, dont let your emotions get caught up in it all you know your path and the people need to find there own. :)

APE

Not sure what your talking about. Could you please be more specific?

You have countered everything that Gloria said with your own interpretation, trying to make your opinion right and her wrong, almost like a trial lawyer trying to preserve the image of his client.

Then you say some superficially gracious things and call her friend. And all this publicly.

Would this not seem defensive to you?

Wrong.

There is alot going on in this thread you have no clue about.

Gloria and I have spoken about these things on Kunlun Forum for months.

She even mentioned in this thread the fact that I had agreed with her when she wasn't getting the answers she was seeking from Kunlun teachers.

That's right-you bozo-I wrote on the Kunlun Forum month's ago-directly to my teacher and friends that I felt Gloria wasn't getting attention that she deserved. What small bit of communication you have seen here is a very small part of an ongoing discussion that began in October 2008.

Maybe try to get some clue of the dynamics of realationship and how people communicate before launching attacks on people you don't know at all and situations that have absolutely nothing to do with you?

So you are down to name calling now are you? I doubt you would say that to my face.

I would say you are not a great representative of the results of the teaching. Six and counting?

Go back to post 24 in this thread.

Then you jump in with your reasons why she should be feeling different, or taking more Kunlun workshops.

I will say this one last thing. I was looking forward to Jenny's workshop but it landed on a weekend that I had other plans standing for some time, so I look forward to the next one, whenever that is. Gloria was helpful and gracious communicating with me about the workshop before it was scheduled, so I have kindly feelings for her even though I have never met her in person.

Now you come on a little mouthy harrasing her.

If I saw you do that in person it wouldn't turn out so well for you.

Wow. Just. Wow. What a Tao board we have :lol:

Rookie I know both of them and cam is definitely not harassing mgd. It's some tough love from both sides and we're all just hashing some things out on a public forum. They have much love and respect for one another

So please rookie just chill the F out (especially with the threats - so not Tao) and you might learn something from the conversation and metaconversation that's going on. Or try to do the Taoist thing and become The Observer :)

and Cam who's been to six and myself who hesitantly went to a second and someone like scotty or mgd who's only been to one are all representatives of kunlun b/c we all come in with different energies, strengths and blockages so we may need one, we may need more to work it all out. So please stop all of this nonsense until you've tried it yourself or have been intimately involved with this convo started lifetimes ago :)