Mak_Tin_Si

Safety Protection FU

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

F U!

better wear your FU tonight. I have summoned the hordes of hades to advance upon toronto, my luciferian magic will defeat your FU! fear the spirits, fear the dead!

I always wonder when we face difficulties /dangers , no matter it is in our cultivation or daily life , whether it is good to ask outside force (他力)to help : FU, singing curses , calling Buddha's name .. etc , I do not totally deny that they may be effective ... in fact, to some people , they are very effective .However, the advocate of FU yet without mentioning our karma , our own force is inappropriate .

Also, why not thinking about relying on self- strength(自力) ? Based on logic of Buddhism, we ourselves are Buddha lost in this world / in a pseudo-self ; Asking self-help means asking the omnipotent power of a potential Buddha to help . I myself am a believer that Taoism and Buddhism are talking about nearly the same things in different terms , so you should not be astonished at such an idea ..

I always wonder when we face difficulties /dangers , no matter it is in our cultivation or daily life , whether it is good to ask outside force (他力)to help : FU, singing curses , calling Buddha's name .. etc , I do not totally deny that they may be effective ... in fact, to some people , they are very effective .However, the advocate of FU yet without mentioning our karma , our own force is inappropriate .

Also, why not thinking about relying on self- strength(自力) ? Based on logic of Buddhism, we ourselves are Buddha lost in this world / in a pseudo-self ; Asking self-help means asking the omnipotent power of a potential Buddha to help . I myself am a believer that Taoism and Buddhism are talking about nearly the same things in different terms , so you should not be astonished at such an idea ..

Bingo. :) If you don't learn to take responsibility and to learn real fearlessness then nothing can save you. As you wear FU, it just validates your fears. It means the things you are afraid are real, so definitely you need more protection. Maybe next time wear armor and a helmet.

Zhuangzi asked us if death was so bad? He said, how do we know death is bad? What if death is really wonderful? Would Zhuangzi recommend people to try to delay death?

Further, Zhuangzi said that a baby who dies while still a baby had a long life and some immortal who lives many many years lives a short life. Has anyone considered the meaning of this?

Hell, let's just throw something precious like Zhuangzi into the trash and wear the FU and a matching tinfoil hat instead.

FU is not any kind of outside force when you know how to do it. If you say it is, then I say that why do you need to eat food? It is outside force for your body too. Then go starve and die when you are a baby.

FU is something that transfer different types of energy into one and transmit onto paper by a taoist master for different purposes. For example, you can use energy of some planets to generate a fu that helps you in different situations in life to avoid obstacles. This is like saying you can eat herbal medicine on earth which also give nutrians for you and cure your illness. You can get these herbs from a herbal doctors, just as you can get a fu from the taoist. What is the difference?

Knowing the karma is of course very important, that is why people have to PAY for the fu and not get it for free. When you pay for it, you used your money to cancelled out the karma. Since the karma for you to have the problems are very huge, so of course it cannot be cancelled with just a few dollars, and that is why we say that the temple are always doing good deeds because they are making it very convinience for the public to get these fu with a low cost. Helping people all the time.

If you saw using FU is relying on outside force, I suggest you don't eat and go starve right away, because you are taking outside force to strengthen your body. Or when you get a cold or some illness, don't eat medicine and go die right away or see if you can survive. I am sure that would be so smart when you know there is medicine around the drug mart. You can understand why you eat medicine when you get sick, how can you not accept FU in taoism which help people to cure their life problems?

Rediculous.

Knowing about ZhuangZi is good but you shall know that ZhuangZi is not a talking about Taoism stuff. In ZhuangZi, he told is that life shall be controlled by yourself. Now with the knowledge of FU, you know how to get survival energy from different source of the nature. Maybe you do not know but FU is something that transfer energy from natural source into paper and written scripts. So it is very natural. When you get sick and maybe injured, I dare you say what you said below.

When you say this kind of stuff below, why people have to research and find ways to cure illness like cancer in this world? Just tell them not to fear death and they will be okay. Just go die. No fear.

Oh man... It is a shame to see the scholars of ZhuangZi is so mis-understanding nowadays. You can accept eating ADVIL or pain killers, and you cannot accept using FU as a part of Taoism. Maybe that is because of the lack of knowledge about what FU really is. I will post more about that later on. Wish you all the best in Taoism learnings.

FU is very scientific but it is very hard to learn. That is why most people think FU is superstitious or a belief. But indeed it is not. It is scientific and it work for you no matter you belief it or not.

Using FU for protection is like you know how to do Chi Gung to gather energy field around you to strengthen your aura. But this case, you save time by using a FU instead of having to gather CHI around your body all the time 24/7.

When you get cold in the weather, you wear more cloths, right? When there is rain, you bring umbrella or wear a rain coat. When you have negative energy around, what can you do? Yes, it will affect you no matter you belief it or not, just like raining, it will not care if you belief it is raining or not. So in Taoism, we can use FU to avoid harms from these energy. It is a part of the study in Taoism. No matter you belief it or not.

As LaoZi said, nature have no feelings, and yes, it doesn't care your feelings too. These negative energy does do harms for people and it dosen't care if you feel it or not, it will harm you. So the wise one will know how to work with the nature and that is why they invented FU in the past for help people with these problems. You may refer to my new post about Anti-Jupiter for more insight for this topic. Maybe you find FU more scientific than you thought.

Bingo. :) If you don't learn to take responsibility and to learn real fearlessness then nothing can save you. As you wear FU, it just validates your fears. It means the things you are afraid are real, so definitely you need more protection. Maybe next time wear armor and a helmet.

Zhuangzi asked us if death was so bad? He said, how do we know death is bad? What if death is really wonderful? Would Zhuangzi recommend people to try to delay death?

Further, Zhuangzi said that a baby who dies while still a baby had a long life and some immortal who lives many many years lives a short life. Has anyone considered the meaning of this?

Hell, let's just throw something precious like Zhuangzi into the trash and wear the FU and a matching tinfoil hat instead.

FU is very scientific but it is very hard to learn.

But it's all yours for only $ 19.99

Last 50 lucky calls, don't miss it !!

YM

Wow, Cool, I wonder where can you get that for $19.99 that works. Amazon.com?

But it's all yours for only $ 19.99

Last 50 lucky calls, don't miss it !!

YM

FU is not any kind of outside force when you know how to do it. If you say it is, then I say that why do you need to eat food?

I eat food because I like how it tastes. If I don't have access to food, there is no problem. Starving and dying is not a big deal. We all have to die anyway. I've had a full life with all kinds of adventure. If I am not content now, I will NEVER be content. What will make me happy? I've experienced all kinds of experiences. What will make me satisfied? If I am not satisfied by now I can't be satisfied ever, for sure. This is why I am quite satisfied. I am well fed with life. I've eaten my share, and if you want me to die, I will perhaps die a little sooner, because I don't want to be together with people who understand so little of me. But just for fun I might take a little piece of you with me. You might need a lot of FU in that case. :) You'll be like a Christmas tree! Hahaha.. you'll be covered with FU from head to toe? Do you want that? Nah, I am just kidding. Don't worry. I just like to play with you.

FU is something that transfer different types of energy into one and transmit onto paper by a taoist master for different purposes. For example, you can use energy of some planets to generate a fu that helps you in different situations in life to avoid obstacles. This is like saying you can eat herbal medicine on earth which also give nutrians for you and cure your illness. You can get these herbs from a herbal doctors, just as you can get a fu from the taoist. What is the difference?

No difference. So why don't you explain the principle behind the FU so people can make their own charms in English. Then I will not be mad at you. But unless you do it, I will be angry at you.

Knowing the karma is of course very important, that is why people have to PAY for the fu and not get it for free.

What a stupid man you are. Even when I think, each of my thought costs me blood, sweat and tears. There is nothing free in me. When I move it's not free -- I sacrifice my life and health even for trivial actions like taking a shit on the toilet. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you? What is free? Even if I ask you to give me a million FU for free, I have earned them all and then some. Even a single vowel coming out of my mouth is worth a trillion billion universes filled up with the precious stones. Do you understand now?

Now then, I ask that you teach people the core principles behind how things work and stop fooling around with trivia. We are not playing Jeopardy here. "Daoism for 400 please!" That's not a game we are playing. If you don't want to teach anything of real value, and if all you want to do is to throw out advertisement and bait, then expect me to continue in the same vein as I have been.

You know, if you like to keep your stuff secret, you can do so without telling everyone how wonderful your secret is? Do you understand? There is great dishonesty in what you are doing. Just stating you have secrets is already dishonest right then and there. And you don't have the special wisdom to do that kind of action without harm to yourself, so you need to follow morality if you want to be healthy. And so far you have been engaging in all kinds of false speech.

When you pay for it, you used your money to cancelled out the karma. Since the karma for you to have the problems are very huge, so of course it cannot be cancelled with just a few dollars, and that is why we say that the temple are always doing good deeds because they are making it very convinience for the public to get these fu with a low cost. Helping people all the time.

You are spreading delusion. When people come to you they don't get wiser, they just confirm their silly superstitions. Instead of liberating people from their fear, you tell them to wear a little doodad or suffer. So the person knows if they take off the FU or disrespect it, they will suffer. So you are prolonging and enforcing the fear. You are doing absolutely NOTHING to LIBERATE fear. NOTHING.

Now if you don't correct your ways very soon, I am going to say that you must be a Mara on the account of your willful ignorance.

Edited by goldisheavy

More I read from you, the more I feel sorry for all reading it.

Fantasizing is a kind of illness. Yet, it can be amazing but when you face the reality, you become more and more crucial to yourself. I cannot image one can tell me to share how to make fu and the stuff behind it just like typing a few paragraphs... Wow. If it is that simple, everybody would be an immortal in instant like microwave food.

It is those people like you who think taoism knowledge are so shallow and say tao is easy to everyone that pollut the world and hide away the real tao all the time. Taoism is easy, it is around us all the time, but don;t you think these people who invented FU and the taoism stuff before takes a LONG time to find out how to work with the TAO to invent these? If you think you can get it in seconds, and realize it right away, good for you, sad for others. You are going the wrong way.

Anyway, when did I say I am doing promotion of my own stuff???? You getting me wrong here?

I am just sharing something of Taoism. You over sensitive or what?

I eat food because I like how it tastes. If I don't have access to food, there is no problem. Starving and dying is not a big deal. We all have to die anyway. I've had a full life with all kinds of adventure. If I am not content now, I will NEVER be content. What will make me happy? I've experienced all kinds of experiences. What will make me satisfied? If I am not satisfied by now I can't be satisfied ever, for sure. This is why I am quite satisfied. I am well fed with life. I've eaten my share, and if you want me to die, I will perhaps die a little sooner, because I don't want to be together with people who understand so little of me. But just for fun I might take a little piece of you with me. You might need a lot of FU in that case. :) You'll be like a Christmas tree! Hahaha.. you'll be covered with FU from head to toe? Do you want that? Nah, I am just kidding. Don't worry. I just like to play with you.

No difference. So why don't you explain the principle behind the FU so people can make their own charms in English. Then I will not be mad at you. But unless you do it, I will be angry at you.

What a stupid man you are. Even when I think, each of my thought costs me blood, sweat and tears. There is nothing free in me. When I move it's not free -- I sacrifice my life and health even for trivial actions like taking a shit on the toilet. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you? What is free? Even if I ask you to give me a million FU for free, I have earned them all and then some. Even a single vowel coming out of my mouth is worth a trillion billion universes filled up with the precious stones. Do you understand now?

Now then, I ask that you teach people the core principles behind how things work and stop fooling around with trivia. We are not playing Jeopardy here. "Daoism for 400 please!" That's not a game we are playing. If you don't want to teach anything of real value, and if all you want to do is to throw out advertisement and bait, then expect me to continue in the same vein as I have been.

You know, if you like to keep your stuff secret, you can do so without telling everyone how wonderful your secret is? Do you understand? There is great dishonesty in what you are doing. Just stating you have secrets is already dishonest right then and there. And you don't have the special wisdom to do that kind of action without harm to yourself, so you need to follow morality if you want to be healthy. And so far you have been engaging in all kinds of false speech.

You are spreading delusion. When people come to you they don't get wiser, they just confirm their silly superstitions. Instead of liberating people from their fear, you tell them to wear a little doodad or suffer. So the person knows if they take off the FU or disrespect it, they will suffer. So you are prolonging and enforcing the fear. You are doing absolutely NOTHING to LIBERATE fear. NOTHING.

Now if you don't correct your ways very soon, I am going to say that you must be a Mara on the account of your willful ignorance.

I cannot image one can tell me to share how to make fu and the stuff behind it just like typing a few paragraphs...

The principles are never complicated. It's the details that are complicated. I asked you to teach a principle behind FU and not the details. The principle can be taught in a few paragraphs.

I cannot image one can tell me to share how to make fu and the stuff behind it just like typing a few paragraphs... Wow. If it is that simple, everybody would be an immortal in instant like microwave food.

LOL. So are you saying you are immortal now since you know how to make FU? :)

So far you haven't shared one single thing that could help people to become immortal. You're just sharing mundane knowledge and even then you don't share the principles behind it, you just share the wrappers and then ask for money if anyone wants the candy. But even if people pay money for candy you still refuse to explain the principle behind the candy.

Fantasizing is a kind of illness.

No it's not. It's when you take fantasy for reality it's illness. But if you take fantasy for fantasy it is fun and healthy and very beneficial in many ways.

So tell me, what you are doing, is it real or is it a fantasy? What do you think?

Edited by goldisheavy

Knowing the karma is of course very important, that is why people have to PAY for the fu and not get it for free. When you pay for it, you used your money to cancelled out the karma. Since the karma for you to have the problems are very huge, so of course it cannot be cancelled with just a few dollars, and that is why we say that the temple are always doing good deeds because they are making it very convinience for the public to get these fu with a low cost. Helping people all the time.

Such saying is again inappropriate . Does it imply that rich guys can do evils but with lot of money , they can cancel their karma, and repeatedly commit the crimes ?

I am afraid that relying on drawing those symbols, no matter how powerful they are , people are still entangled by something , attaching to something , and are still lost the arena of five phases and bagua... far from the pre-heavenly Tao. In fact, you can not reach Tao by relying on whatever symbols, sounds, lights...

Maybe you will say: " I just advocate FU to prevent or eliminate accidents or disasters..." But, why advocating the trivial ?

Edited by exorcist_1699

[i was under the impression that amulets etc were crafted to the individual. There are general artifacts such as mirrors, bagua symbols etc which can be used for protection but the pesonalized ones are blessed and for the owner only

I have had two experiences with Fu.

Before these experiences, I thought Fu were a joke or superstition.

Before I go into this, my Alchemy Master told me about Fu, and that it is a very real science of Taoism,

and very effective for curing disease, even cancer - but - he said Fu in itself has no power, the power must be "unlocked" via the author having cultivated himself previously, and himself having inner development.

Without the author having the inner development, a Fu is just fancy drawings.

It was also said that the Fu author must receive a "transmission", and gains "permission" of Heaven to share the Fu with people in need. This is perhaps like the person gets a bank account in Heaven, and has cash to share with the needy - without such an account, there is nothing to share or give those in need.

First experience:

I was taking a trip to the Budhist Mountain WuTaiShan, and met a Taoist there from the Huashan school.

We took up shared lodging in a temple, and he shared many things about his training from the age of 9, what he practices, sleeping practice, and Fu.

He spoke a lot about Fu.

I had suffered an accident on my back at the time, and one morning was doing Tao Yin to prepare for the day.

He asked me about my injury, and came over and with his hand in the sword finger position, traced a Fu over the place of injury while softly chanting certain words - it was like healing energy and Qi was coming in and just took the injury and pain away, and I was left with a wonderful feeling of lightness and happiness.

He then took out a small Fu he had made before - he had a bag of them - and also traced a pattern over the paper while chanting.

He gave it to me for protection and to keep the effect of the healing.

He said that unless the Fu is "activated", it is just fancy writing.

It changed my view of Fu and this Taoist Technology.

Second story:

In my travel I found myself in the area of LungHuShan, where the sect founded by Zhang Dao Ling resides.

I wandered around the main temples, and they had boxes of pre-made Fu for sale, and it all seemed like selling superstition to people with the aim of making money......

Later walking down an alleyway next to the main temple, I was attracted to what looked like a small temple undergoing construction.

It had an entrance behind the rubble, and I went in.

It was a bit dark, smokey, and had candles from the large alter casting a soft glow in the room.

There were Fu for sale, but they had some kind of "aura" or "force" about them.

A smiling old man came in and gestured for me to kneel down and pray to the shrine of Zhang Dao Ling.

I offered three sticks of insense, and went through the ritual three bows, placing my forehead on the ground each time......

He then looked at me - up and down with a kind of inner vision - and advised me what Fu would serve me for the coming year (it was almost new years).

As they were very cheap, I said sure.

He then took the Fu to the altar and did chanting and prayer with the Fu, and then took the three insense sticks I had prayed with, and used them to trace empowering symbols over the Fu while chanting.

He then took his personal ritual stamps and an object I am not sure what it was, and placed these on the Fu while chanting.

It was very beautiful and powerful to watch this master and artist at work.

But for me the amazing thing was what happened as soon as he began the whole Fu empowering ceremony....

As soon as he began chanting, it was as if a wave of force came through the room and hit me, and filled the whole room.....

It was as if every hair on my body was standing up, and I had chicken skin, and felt very tingling - electric like - sensations, and was a little giddy, and actually could not control myself from laughing a little.....

After he was done, he rolled the Fu up - it was painted and stamped on yellow cloth - and very formally handed it to me.....

A second experience to make me think about the deep science and technology of Taoist Fu.

Perhaps Fu are misused and abused and people prey on the weakness of mind of fearful people, and make money from them.

This is wrong.

But on the other hand, if you are in need - at the time I was in LungHuShan, I had been feeling a dark force around me, and I could not shake it off and the Fu really seemed to "lighten" my load - Fu is a "tool" or a "technology" that can give great help and aid to the Taoist or person in need.

From my study in China, every sect has their own, "Family" Fu.

Huashan has certain Fu they pass down, Dragon Gate Sect has their own Fu, and the Heavenly Masters have their own Fu.

It is an aspect of traditonal Taoism Science that has developed over a long period of time.

It is certainly something to look into and investigate.......

I thought of it as like taking a vitamin, eating a wonderful meal, or getting a massage.......

Sometimes there is a pain, problem, negative spiritual influence or you are lacking an element, and the Fu can help provide that extra thing or push to get you past the problem or situation.

The trouble is getting an "authentic" empowered Fu from a real master.....

I think there are a lot of fakes out there taking advantage of weak minded people,

and charging a lot of money for slips of paper........

This is wrong, but Heaven will also punish these people....

In the end, our main activity should be self cultivation, and seeking to uncover our True Innate Nature and gain Union with Tao.......

gallery_8508_56_45022.jpg

I enjoy reading Dao Zhen's stories ; but what is just the media, what is the true source is also told .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Rich guys can cancel out their bad karma but the amount of money they need to spend is counted in % of what they have in total. Not but a $ sign. So karma cancellation is very different for everybody. If you did commit a crime and you want to cancel it out, you have to do a lot of things and first the main thing you have to do is really know and regret about your guilt. If you do not know what you did is wrong and you do not feel bad about it, no taoist stuff can help you. Taoism is only to help those who know what they did is wrong before and they wish to change. (not to become a taoist)

Who said that we RELY on the symobls? I suggest you chop off your hands and legs. You rely on them too much too.

FU and mantras are just part of nature and part of taoist, we do not rely on them because once we train and got it into us, we can just throw out the words and it will be in us and with us forever. Maybe you do not know the true side of taoism training, it is not like reading out some words and drawing some pictures, it is just a totally different thing than you thought it is. But to learn these, you must first be open minded and empty your own cup of tea to get a taste of what it is.

Taoist must learn FU to help others because that is what they do. But you do not use FU for yourself as much as for others because taoist do need to go through the suffer and pain to learn how OTHERs feel. So that is why most master decide to have the suffer and pain instead of using FU to help them.

Such saying is again inappropriate . Does it imply that rich guys can do evils but with lot of money , they can cancel their karma, and repeatedly commit the crimes ?

I am afraid that relying on drawing those symbols, no matter how powerful they are , people are still entangled by something , attaching to something , and are still lost the arena of five phases and bagua... far from the pre-heavenly Tao. In fact, you can not reach Tao by relying on whatever symbols, sounds, lights...

Maybe you will say: " I just advocate FU to prevent or eliminate accidents or disasters..." But, why advocating the trivial ?

Great. I can tell you my first impression to FU long time ago when I was small.. I learn taoism since 4 yrs old and what inspired me was those vampires movies and I was thinking if we will have vampires jumping to our house one day, I must learn it to protect my families.. haha!!

Not to be joking, but those FU in the chinese calendar book (old style TUNG SING) really work. They are just a treasure leaked to the public but you cannot activate those fu without a special GUNG training in Taoism in that branch which is rarely passed to people. They do work! So you can see, yeh, powerful FU are all over the places but which and who can make it work is the key.

I have had two experiences with Fu.

Before these experiences, I thought Fu were a joke or superstition.

Before I go into this, my Alchemy Master told me about Fu, and that it is a very real science of Taoism,

and very effective for curing disease, even cancer - but - he said Fu in itself has no power, the power must be "unlocked" via the author having cultivated himself previously, and himself having inner development.

Without the author having the inner development, a Fu is just fancy drawings.

It was also said that the Fu author must receive a "transmission", and gains "permission" of Heaven to share the Fu with people in need. This is perhaps like the person gets a bank account in Heaven, and has cash to share with the needy - without such an account, there is nothing to share or give those in need.

First experience:

I was taking a trip to the Budhist Mountain WuTaiShan, and met a Taoist there from the Huashan school.

We took up shared lodging in a temple, and he shared many things about his training from the age of 9, what he practices, sleeping practice, and Fu.

He spoke a lot about Fu.

I had suffered an accident on my back at the time, and one morning was doing Tao Yin to prepare for the day.

He asked me about my injury, and came over and with his hand in the sword finger position, traced a Fu over the place of injury while softly chanting certain words - it was like healing energy and Qi was coming in and just took the injury and pain away, and I was left with a wonderful feeling of lightness and happiness.

He then took out a small Fu he had made before - he had a bag of them - and also traced a pattern over the paper while chanting.

He gave it to me for protection and to keep the effect of the healing.

He said that unless the Fu is "activated", it is just fancy writing.

It changed my view of Fu and this Taoist Technology.

Second story:

In my travel I found myself in the area of LungHuShan, where the sect founded by Zhang Dao Ling resides.

I wandered around the main temples, and they had boxes of pre-made Fu for sale, and it all seemed like selling superstition to people with the aim of making money......

Later walking down an alleyway next to the main temple, I was attracted to what looked like a small temple undergoing construction.

It had an entrance behind the rubble, and I went in.

It was a bit dark, smokey, and had candles from the large alter casting a soft glow in the room.

There were Fu for sale, but they had some kind of "aura" or "force" about them.

A smiling old man came in and gestured for me to kneel down and pray to the shrine of Zhang Dao Ling.

I offered three sticks of insense, and went through the ritual three bows, placing my forehead on the ground each time......

He then looked at me - up and down with a kind of inner vision - and advised me what Fu would serve me for the coming year (it was almost new years).

As they were very cheap, I said sure.

He then took the Fu to the altar and did chanting and prayer with the Fu, and then took the three insense sticks I had prayed with, and used them to trace empowering symbols over the Fu while chanting.

He then took his personal ritual stamps and an object I am not sure what it was, and placed these on the Fu while chanting.

It was very beautiful and powerful to watch this master and artist at work.

But for me the amazing thing was what happened as soon as he began the whole Fu empowering ceremony....

As soon as he began chanting, it was as if a wave of force came through the room and hit me, and filled the whole room.....

It was as if every hair on my body was standing up, and I had chicken skin, and felt very tingling - electric like - sensations, and was a little giddy, and actually could not control myself from laughing a little.....

After he was done, he rolled the Fu up - it was painted and stamped on yellow cloth - and very formally handed it to me.....

A second experience to make me think about the deep science and technology of Taoist Fu.

Perhaps Fu are misused and abused and people prey on the weakness of mind of fearful people, and make money from them.

This is wrong.

But on the other hand, if you are in need - at the time I was in LungHuShan, I had been feeling a dark force around me, and I could not shake it off and the Fu really seemed to "lighten" my load - Fu is a "tool" or a "technology" that can give great help and aid to the Taoist or person in need.

From my study in China, every sect has their own, "Family" Fu.

Huashan has certain Fu they pass down, Dragon Gate Sect has their own Fu, and the Heavenly Masters have their own Fu.

It is an aspect of traditonal Taoism Science that has developed over a long period of time.

It is certainly something to look into and investigate.......

I thought of it as like taking a vitamin, eating a wonderful meal, or getting a massage.......

Sometimes there is a pain, problem, negative spiritual influence or you are lacking an element, and the Fu can help provide that extra thing or push to get you past the problem or situation.

The trouble is getting an "authentic" empowered Fu from a real master.....

I think there are a lot of fakes out there taking advantage of weak minded people,

and charging a lot of money for slips of paper........

This is wrong, but Heaven will also punish these people....

In the end, our main activity should be self cultivation, and seeking to uncover our True Innate Nature and gain Union with Tao.......

gallery_8508_56_45022.jpg

Who said that we RELY on the symbols? I suggest you chop off your hands and legs. You rely on them too much too.

Yeah, in fact our physical body is some sort of blockade barring us towards Tao, but I get rid of them just by forgetting them, not by chopping off them :lol: the method is : " Forgetting your body so as nourish qi "

Edited by exorcist_1699

200545155816.jpg

Here is a sample of "body protection fu". This fu is used by worn around the neck. For safety and blessings. This fu is from the Tin Si Lineage.

M00648951_big.jpg

There are also some nice looking pouches that you can get to place your body protection FU in. But just keep in mind that you shall choose a good color like yellow or red for the FU, it just gives it more power and seal the FU from loosing power.

Mak Tin Sin

Do you have a FU to stop bleeding?

I learnt this FU of my teacher along with a mantra

Basically it looks like an arch with a horizontal line going straight through the middle and in the space from the top of the arch to the line you put small dot

sound similiar to what you do?

This what you do is call a "Fa Ji" 花字 which is more like a symbol than a fully structed fu. Usually written with sword finger and in air. We do have this study too!

Mak Tin Sin

Basically it looks like an arch with a horizontal line going straight through the middle and in the space from the top of the arch to the line you put small dot

What do you learn? Reiki? (you sounds like so..)

Mak Tin Sin