mantis

masters getting high

Hallucinogens were used by nearly all peoples since the dawn of man as medicine and/or to experience the divine. They exist in practically every ecosystem. Shamanism (a nearly universal human phenomenon) is inextricably linked to the use of mind-altering substances to heal, gain power, contact the spirit world, and so on. The conception of things like cannabis, peyote, mushrooms, Ayahuasca, LSA, Salvia, etc. (the list goes on and on) as "drugs" is new and only serves to obfuscate their true nature and create curiosity in mainly the wrong individuals, although I admit cannabis is borderline :lol: . Ah well, c'est la vie :) .

Awesome picture, btw!

Edit: reassessed position on cannabis's "drug" status

Edited by JackSquat

One of the earliest known writings in the whole world was written by a Chinese Shaman, and it could be titled Ode to the Green Bud. Also, the idea has been put forward that tai chi was invented on pot, and that makes a lot of sense.

As for the plate, I worry for you guys if what you've been smoking looks like this... wink.gif

Agreed. That really doesn't look like pot on the plate.

Retards... he's making dumplings.

I don't see any use for real spirituality and mind altering substances. Mind you, I did my share when younger but not on a real path.

Awesome stuff bro i think alot of old masters used it and got there higher information from being high and more open to the energy. Now i just need to take up smoking pot as a new art form!! :unsure:

in our culture, drugs tend to get people walking a path of their own instead of one given to them. I don't believe herb does this for most people though. Just judging from personal experience..

he's making dumplings.

Well, a photo of a master making dumplings is nowhere near as interesting is it :P

Must admit I've often wanted one of those cool old pipes that you usually seen in those old HK Martial Arts flicks. Wonder what that 2,700 yo stuff was like..........

Well, a photo of a master making dumplings is nowhere near as interesting is it :P

Must admit I've often wanted one of those cool old pipes that you usually seen in those old HK Martial Arts flicks. Wonder what that 2,700 yo stuff was like..........

instant asthma

:lol:

One of the earliest known writings in the whole world was written by a Chinese Shaman, and it could be titled Ode to the Green Bud. Also, the idea has been put forward that tai chi was invented on pot, and that makes a lot of sense.

Can you cite this writing? I'd like to read it.

I'll admit that I've had some, what I would call profound, insights while under the influence of marijuana. I also have vivid memories from when I had taken mushrooms where I saw things very clearly (the clarity vanished with the effects, but their meaning has become clearer as I've 'moved down the path').

For example, I can clearly remember visualizing myself at my desk at work taking things very seriously and I was looking down at myself and I was literally laughing hysterically at how serious I took my job for being 'real'.

But all that aside, while those experiences have helped me to see things differently I still take them for what they are - conditioning. Conditioning is not reality, it is only a colored, fragmented interpretation.

But, when we see something for what it really is, then we see it truly rather than getting caught up in it. When we're no longer expending energy into that interpretation we can be free.

So, in conclusion, once we see drugs for what they really are, once we see the reason why we take them, then whether we decide to take them or not is a trivial decision in the grand scheme of things ...in my conditioned opinion ;)

You can't live on the peak of the highest mountain, that's making the summit. Travel changes people(s). Journeys in kind can arrest or assist, salt and pepper spice up a dusty roads meal. Solvents improve or inprov. In all keep walking the path, you might get bit by a poisonis snake.

You can't live on the peak of the highest mountain, that's making the summit. Travel changes people(s). Journeys in kind can arrest or assist, salt and pepper spice up a dusty roads meal. Solvents improve or inprov. In all keep walking the path, you might get bit by a poisonis snake.

Although some sects forbid it. I see no problem with the religious using drugs. Moderation is the key. And you should be in control of yourself before you do drugs so you dont make an ass of yourself ESPECIALLY if there are any who look to you as a teacher. Its not bad to feel good. Just dont lose inhibition to the point that you embarass yourself when you sober up. If youve conciously lost your inhibitions already however...thats another story. Feel free to run naked in the mountains with the drunken sages :P

Mind you I dont myself indulge in drugs because they dont agree with my body. Im so severely allergic to smoke that I can land in the hospital almost have anyfelectic shock if I inhale smoke directly. And second hand smoke makes me feel sick. Its so bad if I am to use incense for any reason I try my best to have windows open or be in a huge room. And then I cant usually burn a whole stick. I wonder if the spirits would be willing to accept smells in the form of oil vapors floating up to them? I may try that one day as oil vapors dont bug me...and in my opinion smell cleaner than incense smoke.

Edited by ron7786

Can you cite this writing? I'd like to read it.

The ancient poem is mentioned in the book Road to Heaven, Encounters with Chinese Hermits by Bill Porter. It was a fun book to read.

For what it's worth:

I can state pretty confidently that I would not be here today, either on this forum or even alive, if it were not for pot and LSD, and to a lesser extent mushrooms, mescaline, and many other "drugs". They gave me a reason to believe in something larger than my inherited view of reality. Really I should say they forced me :D . LSD is generally not "fun" for me -- it doesn't make me feel "good" more than about half of the time. I do it (about once a year) because it takes me to a place where there are no longer any excuses, and NO HIDING. It is...tremendous...like a depth charge in my subconscious and a thunderclap in my brain that last for God knows how long, taking me places I never imagined existed :blink: . It is intensity itself, and it is not for everyone.

Many things vanish when the chemical is gone, but many remain, and some return in a flash (read flashback :D , which is just conditional memory IMHO) when the moment is right. Some things are understood immediately, some much later, and some things are simply not meant to be understood.

Maybe he is making a dumpling, but i think he's going to smoke it.

ROFL :lol:

By the way the guy on the right is eyeballing it, either he's about to smoke it or he already has the munchies :lol: