Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

The Wood Fish and Hing in Taoism

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

When you are using these instruments in taoism, you MUST not hit it after 6 o clock at night or else you will find that alot of spirits will gather in your place... !

If I hit it after 12 o clock will I turn into a pumpkin ? :lol:

Ritual, schmitual !

You will also be magically kicked out of Taoism.

Mmm, very cool?

In a lot of traditions folks will use a bell, gong type thing, drum, rattle

or something like that to call in the spirits?

That is not what this is for, right?

Is there some ceremonies or things used like this though?

Thanks Mak_Tin_Si

Sorry if you had already mentioned this stuff in another thread, not to repeat yourself but if you could refer back to it, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

... am slow catching up on them all! :) Think I've missed many posts this past week or two!

Stay well,

Shon

Look forward to reading more!

hi!

The bell, gong and drum etc, are used very commonly in taoism rituals. But according to what kind of FU you wrote for the instruments, you can use it for different purpose. It is like using a bell, you can use it for boosting up your mantra's power or your can use it to call in spriits. It all depends on the kind of FU you use for attuning the instruments.

The Drum is a very powerful instrument. It can ba used to do ghost busting or it can be used to control armies in taoism for training and protection. Or it can be even used to call in spirits and souls for funerals. But one must be very careful when using this because it can help or harm a spirit depending on what you do and when you use it.

Mmm, very cool?

In a lot of traditions folks will use a bell, gong type thing, drum, rattle

or something like that to call in the spirits?

That is not what this is for, right?

Is there some ceremonies or things used like this though?

Thanks Mak_Tin_Si

Sorry if you had already mentioned this stuff in another thread, not to repeat yourself but if you could refer back to it, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

... am slow catching up on them all! :) Think I've missed many posts this past week or two!

Stay well,

Shon

Look forward to reading more!

Sign in to follow this