SiliconValley

Cobra Breath

A group named Ipsalu teaches a certain technique called the Cobra Breath. Any idea what it is about? They teach it in four levels and each level costs a shit load of money. From a friend, I understand that the technique roughly involves breathing up the spine and exhaling with a hissing sound.

Any information about this would be appreciated as they call this the "True" kriya yoga and I am interested to know how this differs from the more mainstream kriya.

A group named Ipsalu teaches a certain technique called the Cobra Breath. Any idea what it is about? They teach it in four levels and each level costs a shit load of money. From a friend, I understand that the technique roughly involves breathing up the spine and exhaling with a hissing sound.

Any information about this would be appreciated as they call this the "True" kriya yoga and I am interested to know how this differs from the more mainstream kriya.

Hmmm I met some new age people who had learned the cobra breathing technique, the guy who makes the takyon capsule swears by it, it looks very strange, kind of like wiggling and doing the taoist lung sound, and apparently they visualise blue going up their spine on the inhale into their pituitary gland, and then orange on the exhale going down or something like that, and then they also have dual-cultivation with this...supposed to be ecstatic and then there are 7 levels. If you thought Govindan was BS, I say run! :lol:

Edited by Xienkula1

Yes, I would be interested to know what this breath is, also.

It is only taught via initiation, apparently.

Maybe someone will come along here and share the details of how to practise it, and we can experiment.

Maybe someone will come along here and share the details of how to practise it, and we can experiment.

I can find out more from the tantrikas, they actually had me doing it with them :P

I can find out more from the tantrikas, they actually had me doing it with them :P

:)

yes, why don't you. I have a feeling the wigglin' may be important..throw in a bonfire and vibrating palms there and hmm..maybe not instant enlightenment, but surely extacy? the tiger and dragons breat is surely very effective. sounds sweet to me. I'm sure it won't be so hard to smile either.

life's good.

Edited by rain

I think that would be fantastic, Xienkula! :)

It would be great to have a taobum experiment with this. I am very interested to learn it and try it.

xxx

thankyou!

That would be interesting to know...and also how they split this into four levels, and rather expensive ones :D

These days everything seems to be on the net! But not this one ... I did quite a lot of googling :mellow:

Somewhere on this forum there was a similar technique posted. The technique was taught by david verdesi and involved curling the tongue to make a hissing sound too. I think its called White snake or something like that.

Good Luck.