Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Categories of Negatives in Taoism

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

All mentioned seems to belong to the arena of Yin .

In fact, you can deliberately nourish" a mind of yin "(陰識) , having supernatural power similar to a ghost , in meditation ;Such a mind is mistakenly recognized by many people as an achievement ; however, without the help of qi of yang, such an entity is far away from Tao , and of course, can only appear in night, wet and shadowy area. It is said that such a spiritual entity is condemned to be extinguished by the Heaven ( 天誅).

It is also a deviated way that those who are ignorant of the Taoist theory of ying/yang can commit . So, the famous master Zhang (張紫陽)had once warned us that : " If you are ignorant of the theory of ying /yang ,you must not act carelessly " (不識陰陽莫亂為) .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Pretty good reply. I surely do think most westerner gain more knowledge from this too. It is really a part of taoism training because most taoist who train during their meditation time in front of their altar may encounter these souls wondering around. It is dangerous to communicate with them, so just ignore them and they shall go away. If not, you need to use FU to encounter them. That is also why FU is an important practise in Taoism too.

All mentioned seems to belong to the arena of Yin .

In fact, you can deliberately nourish" a mind of yin "(陰識) , having supernatural power similar to a ghost , in meditation ;Such a mind is mistakenly recognized by many people as an achievement ; however, without the help of qi of yang, such an entity is far away from Tao , and of course, can only appear in night, wet and shadowy area. It is said that such a spiritual entity is condemned to be extinguished by the Heaven ( 天誅).

It is also a deviated way that those who are ignorant of the Taoist theory of ying/yang can commit . So, the famous master Zhang (張紫陽)had once warned us that : " If you are ignorant of the theory of ying /yang ,you must not act carelessly " (不識陰陽莫亂為) .

Pretty good reply. I surely do think most westerner gain more knowledge from this too. It is really a part of taoism training because most taoist who train during their meditation time in front of their altar may encounter these souls wondering around. It is dangerous to communicate with them, so just ignore them and they shall go away. If not, you need to use FU to encounter them. That is also why FU is an important practise in Taoism too.

How many ghosts and demons have you killed in your life? personally i have not killed any yet... except when I used to play Dungeons and Dragons.

Yes, very interesting post, thanks :D

Devil (Mor) 魔 - Mor is devil. This devil can be from one's mind or it can be from a soul. For example we say SUM MOR, the heart or mind devil is created from greedy thoughts or jealousy or anything negative from your mind. Sleeping Devil, just like when you love to stay in the bed, sleeping devil is created. then you will feel sleepy all the day. CHE MOR - evil Devil maybe devil in ghost, which means the ghost have very evil thoughts or violent thoughts, maybe killing.

Yeah, I definitely love staying in bed these days :D Well it's mostly on weekends when I don't have anywhere to go, I'll wake up then be like... no, back to sleep... lay down... then get up...

Is it really that bad? Or am I just enjoying the free time I have?

Attractiveness 魅 (Mei) - This is something evil in the nature that brings attractiveness to people which create desire or wants. For example, women who have this in them will attract people and made whoever got attracted in them will be ADDICTED to them. This is not normal. so it shall be fixed. and could be fixed. It will also happen in objects. For example, some people will be attracted to computer games and got addicted to it. If you can find out you got addicted to it, then it shall be fixed.

:lol: There are lots of teenage boys out there that are addicted to video games or have huge crushes on girls that don't even know they exist.

..... and I've been a member of both categories :lol:

It sucks but is also somewhat enjoyable to tell the truth.

The difference between yin and yang qi is not just something theoretical , but actual . After having reached certain stage of your practice, you can definitely sense what sort of qi you initiate is yang, what is yin . The yang one should be sensed as very light, extreme delicate , make you feel wholly losing your physical existence easier....and accordingly the spirit (shen) arises from it is likely to be a yang one ; such qi and shen is therefore nearly an omnipotent dose for most diseases , no matter how severe they are .

The yin one is just the opposite , even brightness/light is sensed , you should not be perplexed by it and think it something real/right .

This is said to be one of the crucial issues in our cultivation ...

Edited by exorcist_1699

Yes, that is a problem if you are training in Taoism.

Sleeping in bed and not waking up everyday in the same time is a problem. That will make your body very weak because you cannot absorb the right energy from the sun and moon at the specific time. Taoist are trained to sleep at 10-11pm and wake up at 4-5am, that is good for avoiding your body to absorb too much YIN energy and you can absorb the YANG energy from the sunrise which will strengthen your body and make you rmuch more healthier. You can also feel that your mind is more clear while it will also affect the effecientcy of working everyday will improve.

With what I am see from your problem now is that you are hiding away from reality and loving the darkness which means your daily life will be affected too. Yes, you said you ENJOYED the free time you have, but the other side, you will feel grumpy and muddy all the time, which is not GOOD.

These kind of 'enjoyments' are what leads to problems in life and ruin your taoism training. Even for a kungfu or chi gung practitioner, this is a killer for them too.

Taoist train early in the morning to get the most YANG energy from sunrise and they have LOTs of time to use too. That is how people become more wise and their brain becomes more powerful. When you look back in life, you will know that you accomplished nothing and achieve nothing with all these sleep...

Zhang Zi told people that human shall not sleep much and work more. The time when you sleep alot is when you are dead. You will have all the time you want to rest.

Maang Zi also told us that when the nature gives you great life and future, you must first be suffered by pain from the body, stress in the mind, starve of the body, and suffer with the patient and mind...etc,. With yourself letting go of your own life, it is no difference than killing yourself with poison.

Yes, very interesting post, thanks :D

Yeah, I definitely love staying in bed these days :D Well it's mostly on weekends when I don't have anywhere to go, I'll wake up then be like... no, back to sleep... lay down... then get up...

Is it really that bad? Or am I just enjoying the free time I have?

:lol: There are lots of teenage boys out there that are addicted to video games or have huge crushes on girls that don't even know they exist.

..... and I've been a member of both categories :lol:

It sucks but is also somewhat enjoyable to tell the truth.

Pretty good reply. I surely do think most westerner gain more knowledge from this too.

Really ? unfortunately most of people here are beginners... it seems the more messages you post , the lonelier you feel .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Sign in to follow this