Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Taoism Funeral

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

This sounds great, I wish every soul could have such guidance when moving to the other realm. Is there anything one can do to help the soul of a deceased to find their way when such comprehensive ritualistic guidance is not available?

When my teacher passed away our temple held the burial cermony if i remember it took 2-3 days it was huge. Our Kung Fu school then did a lion dance (White) lion that we then burn at the end which also was to guide him to the next life.

Something ill always cherish!

Thanks Tin for making me bring back that special day for me....

Ape

Yes, there are three ceremonies in the Taoism system called the Yellow Register, Jade Register and Gold Register ceremonies. These are the three major and huge ceremony in Taoism which can last for 1-3 days.

The Yellow Register and Jade Register ceremonies are for the dead souls.

Just like last time when there is an earthquake in China, our temple did 2 Jade ceremony for China and we have guide tons of souls to their next life. Many of the people who participated in the ceremony have told me that they have felt the huge energy that was send to China, also some have gain alot of good luck after participated the ceremony because they have did a good deed which generate good luck for them while doing something good for the dead souls. It is very powerful ceremony, and it takes alot of energy. So when we do this ceremony, we need to rest for 7days after full boost. This ceremony can help the whole country's dead soul or even more depending on the master's power. If you have a chance to go by Toronto and we have this ceremony on, you can join and experience this, it is unforgettable.

This sounds great, I wish every soul could have such guidance when moving to the other realm. Is there anything one can do to help the soul of a deceased to find their way when such comprehensive ritualistic guidance is not available?

Yes, that might the Yellow or Jade ceremony they are doing. It is really a high respect for the dead. I can say it is very powerful too.

When my teacher passed away our temple held the burial cermony if i remember it took 2-3 days it was huge. Our Kung Fu school then did a lion dance (White) lion that we then burn at the end which also was to guide him to the next life.

Something ill always cherish!

Thanks Tin for making me bring back that special day for me....

Ape

Don't pluralize "dead" ..

In English the correct grammar is simply dead, not 'deads'

Cheers,

Benjamin

Oh, I am sorry, but when I think about how MANY souls were there on the ceremony we did, I cannot express myself with just dead but DEADs..

I am just feeling so bad because that earthquake was a tragedy for China.. I am sure most of you have forgotten about it now, but for those who are living in that place.. I am sure they are still recovering with painful feelings..

Mo Leung Tin Juen to them all.

Don't pluralize "dead" ..

In English the correct grammar is simply dead, not 'deads'

Cheers,

Benjamin

Is there a possibility to learn of these things more in depth for oneself without having to (i presume) go to a temple? Just wondering...

Yes you can learn it yourself by finding the scriptures, but of course it will not work because you do not go through all these tough trainings before all these which gives you the power to get these scriptures, mantras, steppings and stuff to actually work. That is why finding a real master for doing the funeral is important because you want it to really work and benefit the dead.

Is there a possibility to learn of these things more in depth for oneself without having to (i presume) go to a temple? Just wondering...

Sign in to follow this