mwight

A Question For The Ladies

So a friend of mine was teasing me about being a hermit, asking why I was still single at my age. I told him because no women share my dream... So I thought I would try to see if he was wrong.

Do any women out there live life solely for the hope of achieving ascension in this lifetime? e.g. becoming an immortal and or free from rebirth

Edited by mwight

So a friend of mine was teasing me about being a hermit, asking why I was still single at my age. I told him because no women share my dream... So I thought I would try to see if he was wrong.

Do any women out there live life solely for the hope of achieving ascension in this lifetime? e.g. becoming an immortal and or free from rebirth

Yang is the arrow, yin is the target. The arrow in its flight sees a goal in front of it and is single-mindedly focused on "getting there." The target, in the meantime, sees multiple arrows approaching it from multiple directions, and is curious to see which one will hit it with the greatest precision.

A man seeks his purpose, a woman is sought by her purpose. Don't look for a woman who already shares your goal; instead, look for a woman who is open to many possibilities... and be that arrow. :)

Edited by Taomeow

To be honest I'm not looking for romance, I'm looking for a training partner. a male (heterosexual) friendship would work just as well.

I am just curious if there are any women anywhere that passionately seek ascension.. I am sure women have dreams and passions too....

Yang is the arrow, yin is the target. The arrow in its flight sees a goal in front of it and is single-mindedly focused on "getting there." The target, in the meantime, sees multiple arrows approaching it from multiple directions, and is curious to see which one will hit it with the greatest precision.

A man seeks his purpose, a woman is sought by her purpose. Don't look for a woman who already shares your goal; instead, look for a woman who is open to many possibilities... and be that arrow. :)

Wow..... :)

Do any women out their live life solely for the hope of achieving ascension in this lifetime? e.g. becoming an immortal and or free from rebirth

hahahaa, How old are you first.

lol. Hmm?

Not sure about "ascension" or the term rather?

Sorry, am answering though our practices are different, maybe?

I don't tend to name mine as such, they just are as they are?

and what happens happens.

Be it ascension or walking into a tree!

but my life has always been my practice.

Will always be.

Simple, that? Or so it sounds!

Not many would understand the life i live.

The Need to be in silence for, at times, long periods of time.

meditating for hours in order to ...? all the stuff that goes with it.

Celibacy... LOL, U want to scare a Guy Away Fast!

:rolleyes::D:lol:

Have been a hermit.

Am a hermit by nature.

It's not something that will ever not be apart of who I am.

Was in a relationship with a fellow.

For a long time... um, 10 years or soish?(funny never seemed long!)

Who did understand, to a point. Good guy.

His path led to marriage, LOL, and mine... my reasons were different!

So now we are still good friends, we still love each other,

But his path led to marriage and I'm still far to young for that!

but agree finding another who shares such ways is tricky.

There are folks out there though, who might not understand

but will still love you, No matter how weird your practices are!

As long as they are also met with respect.

Like attracts like, they say? So who knows?

But I think first you, yourself, have to be open to the possibility.

Then just enjoy it for what it is!

Stay well,

Shon

Have fun either way!

every way?

anyway?

way.

Peace!

Beautiful.

Edited by shontonga

Do any women out their live life solely for the hope of achieving ascension in this lifetime? e.g. becoming an immortal and or free from rebirth

I'm kind of in the same position... then again, I don't go around to all my profile pages and go:

"Hobbies: hanging out with friends, listening to music, internal cultivation to seek immortality and be free of the endless cycle of death and rebirth".

Maybe we should try that? :P

That was... yeah.

Yang means the sunny side of the mountain and yin means the shady side of the mountain. Their prime general usage is as active and passive, and in Taoist meditation they their usage is as advance and withdraw, hard and soft and positive and negative.

Using them as metaphors for men and woman causes confusion and misunderstanding

For example, Liu I-Ming says "According with the time, know when to advance or withdraw."

Would it make sense to say: know when to be a man or a woman? No. I'm not a woman I'm just a man. It doesn't make rational sense to read it this way.

Liu I-Ming: "The yin and yang in the human being are originally combined into one energy."

Does this mean that there is a man and a woman in the human being? No. I'm just a man, capable in equal measure of advancing and withdrawing as required, and I'm not in some way defined by either. It doesn't make rational sense to read it this way.

Edited by Tao99

I think Taomeow is right, or at least very very close. Kind of blew my mind that a woman can know such things about herself/her gender. Brilliant.

Edited by Scotty

I think Taomeow is right, or at least very very close. Kind of blew my mind that a woman can know such things about herself/her gender. Brilliant.

Her words were dead on... all the women I have ever dated were passive about their goals, just going through life with a "Que Sera, Sera" attitude. No real focus or ambition or desire, just enjoying the ride. And there is nothing wrong with that at all, its just not what I am looking for in a partner. Perhaps I am just looking for another arrow... LOL I'm certain I am not gay though.

the arrow flies the target moves. its you.

Yang means the sunny side of the mountain and yin means the shady side of the mountain. Their prime general usage is as active and passive, and in Taoist meditation they their usage is as advance and withdraw, hard and soft and positive and negative.

Using them as metaphors for men and woman causes confusion and misunderstanding

For example, Liu I-Ming says "According with the time, know when to advance or withdraw."

Would it make sense to say: know when to be a man or a woman? No. I'm not a woman I'm just a man. It doesn't make rational sense to read it this way.

Liu I-Ming: "The yin and yang in the human being are originally combined into one energy."

Does this mean that there is a man and a woman in the human being? No. I'm just a man, capable in equal measure of advancing and withdrawing as required, and I'm not in some way defined by either. It doesn't make rational sense to read it this way.

This makes sense to me. :)

If anyone her shouldn't have found a girlfriend its me. I am a 42 year old virgin who is psychotic in my training at times. I once spent weeks learning to meditate standing in "Golden Cock Stands On One Leg" and ended up completely zoning out and hurting myself. I am a freak show when it comes to cultivation. But I layed it all out on the line with her early on. My girl is a personal trainer too. She understands the search for perfection since she pretty much works out seeking the same sort of thing. She is also pretty spiritual. I even told her my life goal of Ascension and she didn't bat an eye but she also doesn't really buy into it which is fine. I dont know if she will ever be my training partner but she see's how much I love to practice taijiquan and now she wants me to teach her. We've even talked about meditation and qigong. I dont think she will ever be my training partner but she definately is already my biggest supporter even in my goal of ascension. Women are amazing creatures!

Darin,

I dont think she will ever be my training partner but she definately is already my biggest supporter even in my goal of ascension. Women are amazing creatures!

Yes, they are amazing. I've had a couple of girlfriends like this, myself. Supporters of our passions. I think this is the kind of "target" we should be looking for as "arrows".

I don't think men and women will ever approach things in the same fashion as eachother. Men will tend to be, generally, more advancing in their nature. And women will tend to be, generally, more accepting.

On the surface it may not appear that way...but on a very deep level, it's so true.

...About whether or not a woman will want to seek ascension and everything: it's very possible that many will. As human beings we can want all sorts of things for various reasons. The only thing is: if a woman is seeking ascension, it will probably not be for the same reasons that men are seeking it.

I wonder how many people have "training partners" either romantic or just friends who are seeking this same goal- I'd think it very unusual. Then even if the goal is the same, the path may be different. My husband is supportive, but doesn't do any quirky training etc. with me- and that is okay, he and my kids keep me grounded and teach me other lessons. But with a family, I am not single minded with goals of spiritual transformation. other things come first at this time. I am a bit of a natural loner, I think I do have it in me to eventually disappear into the west, but not yet. I really don't learn in a linear fashion, I think many women do develop more by intuition and epiphany, so while we may seem less goal oriented because not working in a traditional fashion a to b to c to d there might be more cooking than you realize.

Very nicely stated!

_/\_

Darin, did you 'get' your girlfriend, or did she spot you ..... and give you signals to come get her?

:D

Bees probably think they 'get' flowers... :rolleyes:

We were friends and neighbors for a year and a half emailing and stuff. She became my sci-fi movie buddy when my sister had her second kid and one night after watching a movie she wanted to see as a thank you for all the sci-fi movies she was enduring, she kissed me...... sigh. I honestly didn't think she was interested in me because she is pretty hot and 10 years younger than me. She must have been giving me signals but I was missing them. Before her I have had maybe 4 girlfriends over 20 years because of the ascension thing. I dont have that much experience with women obviously.

I'm kind of in the same position... then again, I don't go around to all my profile pages and go:

"Hobbies: hanging out with friends, listening to music, internal cultivation to seek immortality and be free of the endless cycle of death and rebirth".

Maybe we should try that? :P

That was... yeah.

Just "internal cultivation" without all the rest added to it, and your other hobbies or things. That would probably work.

There are quite some women interested in spirituality i think.

It would not be a bad thing to add something like that i think.

I know it was meant as a joke ..... but really .... why wouldn't you?

I can't see a reason.

To be honest I'm not looking for romance, I'm looking for a training partner. a male (heterosexual) friendship would work just as well.

I am just curious if there are any women anywhere that passionately seek ascension.. I am sure women have dreams and passions too....

If what I so passionately am seeking has a name, I hope I will hear this name in my dreams tonight. :)

Dream it up.

Edited by rain

Your problem is that your fate in love have not come yet, that is why you do not have a partner who you like and can cope with. What me as a Taoist can suggest you is to try a FU call "LEUNG YUEN FU" - A fu for improving the fate in love. With this, you will automatically improve and increase chances of meeting someone you will like and be with. This fu work well in the past experience but you really need to first learn how to communicate the others nicely, so when you have a chance, you won't miss it out yourself. Then the fu will do a good job for you by finding people aorund you and making a chance for you and them to talk.

If you want, you can get this fu from our temple and we can mail it to you too. This just have to be worn around your neck and you will find the effect in 49days.

Soo... Mak _Tin_Si..since I've been progressively communicating with partners in love since the age of 4, now being 48:

I have good Fu then?

Bought in no temple, worn by no neck. How come?

I do agree that love is best adressed open to many possibilities, but then again best found being impossibly true to your own specific particularities ;) no compromises.

A target. Open to all possibilities? Perhaps?..I dont think so. But Tango tango.

What's the difference btw the sought and the found? The dancing.

SHE; the sun :)

Your problem is that your fate in love have not come yet, that is why you do not have a partner who you like and can cope with. What me as a Taoist can suggest you is to try a FU call "LEUNG YUEN FU" - A fu for improving the fate in love. With this, you will automatically improve and increase chances of meeting someone you will like and be with. This fu work well in the past experience but you really need to first learn how to communicate the others nicely, so when you have a chance, you won't miss it out yourself. Then the fu will do a good job for you by finding people aorund you and making a chance for you and them to talk.

If you want, you can get this fu from our temple and we can mail it to you too. This just have to be worn around your neck and you will find the effect in 49days.

That was fantastic! I feel like most women intuitively know this to be true, but for some reason the women i'm drawn to always seem to be under siege and capable of deflection...

002HRO_Maggie_Cheung_005.jpg

002HRO_Maggie_Cheung_004.jpg

but i definitely think most girls would rather be eased into it, as opposed to "OMFG girl, ascension! Immortality! White Blood! F yeah!" lol.

but i definitely think most girls would rather be eased into it, as opposed to "OMFG girl, ascension! Immortality! White Blood! F yeah!" lol.

:o:blink::huh::lol: