froggie

Qinggong changchun dan

Speaking of QingGong, (another previous post on this forum)

i went to search for some more info on it with google and then i found this, which is unrelated but nevertheless also was interesting:

http://www.shvoong.com/medicine-and-health...un-dan-capsule/

"Effects of qinggong changchun dan capsule on stress capability of mice with kidney-yang deficiency..."

Does anyone know what kind of a herb "Qinggong changchun dan" is? I assume it's known in TCM.

A latin name could be useful, as would the English plant name, for example be.

A further search on the name "Qinggong changchun dan" did not give any more useful results for me.

Thanks.

Edited by froggie

Hmmm..from what it seems this Changchun palace capsule is a patented mixture of various herbs combined in certain ratios, and so the formula is not within the public domain. Heinous? yes.

Hmmm..from what it seems this Changchun palace capsule is a patented mixture of various herbs combined in certain ratios, and so the formula is not within the public domain. Heinous? yes.

Patented? It's an ancient compound.

Yes, the patenting of ancient compounds has been going on for years.

Umm ... I'm pretty sure you can go to any herbalist with a good amount of knowledge and they will be able to tell you.

I will consult my library too. Seems this data is "off the web" as it were. I'd be interested in writing up a Wikipedia page ...

Did you come across ''forbidden rice" too ??

Umm ... I'm pretty sure you can go to any herbalist with a good amount of knowledge and they will be able to tell you.

I will consult my library too. Seems this data is "off the web" as it were. I'd be interested in writing up a Wikipedia page ...

Did you come across ''forbidden rice" too ??

Perhaps unless you have the characters for the word you might not have much luck. It is in a pill form, perhaps you could get it in china town, but for whatever reason the ingredients are not disclosed and I found a few webpages saying formula is patented, but perhaps they meant something else, wouldnt surprise me too much though. I ate some forbidden rice this morning, yummy, good with black beans, lots of anthocyanins, but for a second I thought you were asking about cannibal rice.

Perhaps unless you have the characters for the word you might not have much luck. It is in a pill form, perhaps you could get it in china town, but for whatever reason the ingredients are not disclosed and I found a few webpages saying formula is patented, but perhaps they meant something else, wouldnt surprise me too much though. I ate some forbidden rice this morning, yummy, good with black beans, lots of anthocyanins, but for a second I thought you were asking about cannibal rice.

LOL!! what is cannibal rice? i did research on that capsule formula for about an hour yesterday and ended up at page referencing "black rice" ...

Offside question: is cumin used in TCM herbalism?

Are you vegetarian? how do you get your b12?

Forbidden rice...the purple stuff that tastes nutty? Pretty good.

For kidney yang deficiency, I've read you should just not eat or drink cold stuff.

Qinggong Changchun Dan 清宮長春丹 (Qing dynasty Imperial Palace Longlife Pill) is one of the various recipes used at Court during the last dynasty.

It is a mixture of over 20 different herbs and the content is known, so with the recipe anyone can have it made through a chinese herbalist.

【方剂名称】清宫长春胶囊原方

【方剂拼音】Qinggong Changchun Jiaonang

【方剂组成】人参 100g 当归 50g 白芍 50g 天冬 30g 牛膝 10g 茯苓 30g 五味子 30g 石菖薄 10g 枸杞子 30g 麦冬 30g 地黄 30g 熟地黄 30g 远志 10g 复盆子 30g 杜仲 5g 木香 30g 花椒 10g 菟丝子(制) 30g 地骨皮 30g 山药 30g 山茱萸(制) 5g 柏子仁 30g 泽泻 30g 肉丛蓉 10g

【方剂制法】以上二十四味,取人参粉碎成细粉;其余当归等23味粉碎成粗粉,加入45%乙醇6倍量浸泡12~24小时,加热回流3小时,滤过,药渣再加45%乙醇5倍量回流2小时,滤过,合并滤液,回收乙醇并浓缩成稠膏,加入人参细粉,混匀,干燥,过筛,装人胶囊,制成1000粒,即得。

【功能主治】补肾益精,强筋壮骨,延缓衰老。主治神衰体弱,精力不足,健忘易倦,头晕耳鸣,腰痛膝酸,性欲减退,畏寒肢冷。

【用法用量】口服,一次2~4粒,一日2~3次。

YM

Qinggong Changchun Dan 清宮長春丹 (Qing dynasty Imperial Palace Longlife Pill) is one of the various recipes used at Court during the last dynasty.

It is a mixture of over 20 different herbs and the content is known, so with the recipe anyone can have it made through a chinese herbalist.

【方剂名称】清宫长春胶囊原方

【方剂拼音】Qinggong Changchun Jiaonang

【方剂组成】人参 100g 当归 50g 白芍 50g 天冬 30g 牛膝 10g 茯苓 30g 五味子 30g 石菖薄 10g 枸杞子 30g 麦冬 30g 地黄 30g 熟地黄 30g 远志 10g 复盆子 30g 杜仲 5g 木香 30g 花椒 10g 菟丝子(制) 30g 地骨皮 30g 山药 30g 山茱萸(制) 5g 柏子仁 30g 泽泻 30g 肉丛蓉 10g

【方剂制法】以上二十四味,取人参粉碎成细粉;其余当归等23味粉碎成粗粉,加入45%乙醇6倍量浸泡12~24小时,加热回流3小时,滤过,药渣再加45%乙醇5倍量回流2小时,滤过,合并滤液,回收乙醇并浓缩成稠膏,加入人参细粉,混匀,干燥,过筛,装人胶囊,制成1000粒,即得。

【功能主治】补肾益精,强筋壮骨,延缓衰老。主治神衰体弱,精力不足,健忘易倦,头晕耳鸣,腰痛膝酸,性欲减退,畏寒肢冷。

【用法用量】口服,一次2~4粒,一日2~3次。

YM

Thanks YM, I was wondering why it said the forumla was patented, how did you find this? Fluency in Chinese is clearly an asset. :)

Thanks YM, I was wondering why it said the forumla was patented, how did you find this? Fluency in Chinese is clearly an asset. :)

Google-fu

:)

YM