fiveelementtao

Chi In Nature Taoism and Mak Tin Si

No disrespect but Mak Tin Si is a complete and utter fraud. I study real Taoist ritual from a Malaysian teacher; me and another student were having a laugh at all the false stuff on his site.

What a joke!

Mak Tin Si is probably an initiate in the Hong Kong Fuey Chop Suey sect that he made up.

What a phony, no wonder everyone thinks Taoist Ritual is a fraud with people like him scamming the uninitiated. Real magick is very difficult to find, most people on this forum will be unsuccessful in finding true magick that can produce TANGIBLE results.

Modern magick and wicca are crap compared to ancient systems that come from the Middle-east, Egypt, India, Tibet, China etc....

Not to mention modern magick relies mainly upon goetia which summons the 72 evil djinn and Enochian magick that relies upon beings who claim they are "angels" but are not angels by any stretch of imagination. This all boils down to the fact that these systems do not have a continuous stream of initiates that pass down the oral teachings. Any student of ritual worth their salt knows that grimoires have more holes in them than swiss cheese and you'd need a teacher to give you the detail to get results; the devil is always in the details.

After my teacher had some experiences with Enochian he was hearing voices like a schizoid and it took him months of purification and banishing rituals to get their influence out of his mind. Many modern adepts have had problems with Enochian vision magick because it is an incomplete and I believe distorted system of magick.

Learning 100% from ancient grimoires is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst. Magick can quickly get out of hand without a steady guide to show you the ropes.

Taoist Master Chuang by Michael Saso is actually a pretty decent introduction to Taoist ritual but you still need a teacher to practice safely and get results.

I've heard Dr. Johnson is a real initiate, but I have not purchased any of his books so I can't say for sure or not.

• Like 3

Real magick is very difficult to find, most people on this forum will be unsuccessful in finding true magick that can produce TANGIBLE results.

I've experienced changes in the wind and insect behavior which seemingly corresponded to internal body pressure during breathing exercises, or maybe i am more delusional than i thought? :lol:

I keep practicing though, and the air pressure seems to 'follow' me at times.

No disrespect but Mak Tin Si is a complete and utter fraud. I study real Taoist ritual from a Malaysian teacher; me and another student were having a laugh at all the false stuff on his site.

What a joke!

Mak Tin Si is probably an initiate in the Hong Kong Fuey Chop Suey sect that he made up.

What a phony, no wonder everyone thinks Taoist Ritual is a fraud with people like him scamming the uninitiated. Real magick is very difficult to find, most people on this forum will be unsuccessful in finding true magick that can produce TANGIBLE results.

Modern magick and wicca are crap compared to ancient systems that come from the Middle-east, Egypt, India, Tibet, China etc....

Not to mention modern magick relies mainly upon goetia which summons the 72 evil djinn and Enochian magick that relies upon beings who claim they are "angels" but are not angels by any stretch of imagination. This all boils down to the fact that these systems do not have a continuous stream of initiates that pass down the oral teachings. Any student of ritual worth their salt knows that grimoires have more holes in them than swiss cheese and you'd need a teacher to give you the detail to get results; the devil is always in the details.

After my teacher had some experiences with Enochian he was hearing voices like a schizoid and it took him months of purification and banishing rituals to get their influence out of his mind. Many modern adepts have had problems with Enochian vision magick because it is an incomplete and I believe distorted system of magick.

Learning 100% from ancient grimoires is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst. Magick can quickly get out of hand without a steady guide to show you the ropes.

Taoist Master Chuang by Michael Saso is actually a pretty decent introduction to Taoist ritual but you still need a teacher to practice safely and get results.

I've heard Dr. Johnson is a real initiate, but I have not purchased any of his books so I can't say for sure or not.

Careful. You are right about this.

There is an element on the forum that likes to discredit "MaoShan" I have read in past posts.

The motive is never truely clear here why. However the connections those people have never lie to the situation.

What a joke!

What a phony, no wonder everyone thinks Taoist Ritual is a fraud with people like him scamming the uninitiated.

When I first joined The Tao Bums I noticed Mak Tin Si's postings and looked up his site. Let's just say that I was not as positively impressed by what I read there and which FiveElementTao quoted above as he was. This by the way is not intended as a slight to FiveElementTao, only to Heavenly Worthy Mak, to translate Tin Si.

I mostly agree with this, and while 'crap' may be a little overstated, it is nonetheless is soemwhat applicable to modern Western magic, but misleading if applied to the whole tradition of Western Magic as it is put forward in the writings of Iamblichus, Proclus and most profoundly synthesized in Aggripa's Three Books of Occult Philsophy. Once it is realized that modern Western magic, which I prefer to call neo-magic, is merely an incomplete and poorly understood part of this larger system it becomes clear how much was lost from the Renaissance to roughly 1800 when the magical revival began. This complete system is actually both profound and powerful and is hardly inferior to any others, and since it is a rational system of magic it can be reconstructed, if one is willing to do the necessary work and study. It is, one might say, 'self unpacking'.

Depending on what you mean by wicca, it is anywhere from soooooo applicable to rather unfair. I knew some very advanced witches who were much closer to the sources and were rather dismayed by witchcraft turning into a feminist 'new thought' religion.

The Goetia is part of a larger book of magic usually referred to as the Lemegaton, or Lesser Key of Solomon. The complete work is much more balanced and does not have the the dangers inherent in just using the Goetia, a distortion introduced by Aleister Crowley as part of his own school. There is a complete version of the Lemegaton available from Stephen Skinner's publishing company, which even includes a section on the 72 angels of the Schemephoras as the 'good' counter spirits to help control the evil ones of the Goetia. However, this is not a part of all manuscripts of the Lemegaton and was probably added in the 17th Century, the Lemegaton itself was probably assembled from otherwise separate works in the late 16th or early 17th Centuries.

Depending on what you mean by 'Enochian Magic', it probably was again an incomplete version of the system, since the popular versions, even that which occurs in Israel Regardie's The Golden Dawn, are only part of the whole system.

I don't know what version of 'Enochian magic' your teacher was using, but I know that I have seen people using Gerald Schueler's books have big problems. I had to clean up the mess one couple made by practicing his 'system', but it didn't take weeks or months. I have to say that this couple may have gotten into trouble because they were doing things with Schueler's work that even Schueler might have found dismaying and had they not been ambitious to the point of folly, they might not have had so much trouble.

Then of course regarding your 'teacher' there is the question of whether he was competent enough even in neo-magic to practice it, much less teach it. There are far to many 'ten book tyros' running around who think that they are great adepts when they are nothing, nothing at all.

I pretty much agree with this and this is why the the philosophical tradition that I mentioned is important. Had Aleister Crowley paid more attention to Iamblichus, maybe he would have become the great magus he imagined himself to be, but anyone who has understood Iamblichus will easily see the problems with his 'Paris Working' and why it never made him the money that he hoped it would.

Saso is a valuable resource, I would also recommend Taoism and the Rite of Cosmic Renewal, which I first read back in 1976 and was a major turning point in my life, as well as his The Gold Pavilion, a translation and meditation manual based on the two Yellow Court Canons, the usual way that these texts are referred to, which are two of the most important texts in Religious Daosim. I also learned a great deal about the higher levels of Daoist ritual from Taooist Ritual in Chinese Society and History by John Lagerway and Early Daoist Scriptures by Stephen Bokenkamp.

At this time I see no reason to doubt Professor Jerry Alan Johnson's personal integrity or the authenticity of his teachings. I have four of his medical qigong books and all of his Daoist magic series. It is an impressive body of work, though the Daoist magic series is not conducive to self study (nor do I really think it is intended to be), the medical qigong books are more user friendly and since Professor Johnson seems to view Daoist magic as an extension of medical qigong, there is enough material about Daoist magic training and techniques in the four medical qiqong books that they would make a good starting point for independent study, if you have a serious interest in this type of thing.

Careful. You are right about this.

There is an element on the forum that likes to discredit "MaoShan" I have read in past posts.

The motive is never truely clear here why. However the connections those people have never lie to the situation.

Ambrose, dear fellow, are you here researching a new dictionary? Perhaps Taishanglaojun's dictionary? A heavenly counterpart to your previous work perhaps? You know it never ceased to amaze me to find copies of your own clever work in the occult sections of bookstores, but seeing you here posting away, perhaps there was more to your wry satire then ever met mortal eye. By the way, is that a recent picture of you? You look so... dapper... and... well preserved. Have you perchance, ever met Dorian Gray?

Be that as it may, I suspect that some of the problems with Maoshan here and elsewhere for that matter, is that Maoshan is a big, big mountain, both physically and in terms of the esoteric sects that used to camp out there. It is of course the home of the original Shanqing revelations which are at the heart of orthodox Daoism, but even early on 'heterodox' sects such as the 'Three Sisters' sect settled there and then there were Buddhist, probably Tibetan Buddhist, but Buddhist nonetheless, monasteries that settled there and so Maoshan itself become a hot bed of what some considered, well, 'evil juju', even to the extent that in Daoist exorcisms evil spirits are often sent back to Maoshan to torment their senders. It being an unquestioned assumption that they came from there in the first place. Leastwise that is how I remember it from Saso who documents all of this in The Rite of Cosmic Renewal and Teachings of Taoist Master Chuang.

Because of this not everything that claims to be Maoshan magic or teachings is pure, much less 'Highest Purity' and there is quit a bit of bitter rivalry between claimants to Maoshan transmissions, both legitimate ones and feigned ones. On The Tao Bums in particular, this surfaced a while back because of claims made by the founders of Kunlun and their often vociferous follows that Kunlun had Maoshan connections. Many people doubted this and seemed to me to have reason and scholarship on their side, but they were shouted down by the raging mob. Revivalist camp meetings had nothing on The Tao Bums at that time. Since then the Kunlun furor seems to have died down, I hope it doesn't reemerge.

Well, I guess that's enough mischief for now. I have waxed prolix, and Ambrose has waxed mustache.

• Like 4

Ambrose, dear fellow, are you here researching a new dictionary? Perhaps Taishanglaojun's dictionary? A heavenly counterpart to your previous work perhaps? You know it never ceased to amaze me to find copies of your own clever work in the occult sections of bookstores, but seeing you here posting away, perhaps there was more to your wry satire then ever met mortal eye. By the way, is that a recent picture of you? You look so... dapper... and... well preserved. Have you perchance, ever met Dorian Gray?

Be that as it may, I suspect that some of the problems with Maoshan here and elsewhere for that matter, is that Maoshan is a big, big mountain, both physically and in terms of the esoteric sects that used to camp out there. It is of course the home of the original Shanqing revelations which are at the heart of orthodox Daoism, but even early on 'heterodox' sects such as the 'Three Sisters' sect settled there and then there were Buddhist, probably Tibetan Buddhist, but Buddhist nonetheless, monasteries that settled there and so Maoshan itself become a hot bed of what some considered, well, 'evil juju', even to the extent that in Daoist exorcisms evil spirits are often sent back to Maoshan to torment their senders. It being an unquestioned assumption that they came from there in the first place. Leastwise that is how I remember it from Saso who documents all of this in The Rite of Cosmic Renewal and Teachings of Taoist Master Chuang.

Because of this not everything that claims to be Maoshan magic or teachings is pure, much less 'Highest Purity' and there is quit a bit of bitter rivalry between claimants to Maoshan transmissions, both legitimate ones and feigned ones. On The Tao Bums in particular, this surfaced a while back because of claims made by the founders of Kunlun and their often vociferous follows that Kunlun had Maoshan connections. Many people doubted this and seemed to me to have reason and scholarship on their side, but they were shouted down by the raging mob. Revivalist camp meetings had nothing on The Tao Bums at that time. Since then the Kunlun furor seems to have died down, I hope it doesn't reemerge.

Well, I guess that's enough mischief for now. I have waxed prolix, and Ambrose has waxed mustache.

:lol: your passion is quite refreshing.

I havnt sold my soul if that is what you are referring.

As for Mao Shan it has been a question of dates. Circa 1847 we have marginal written accounts of people mixing systems.

As for the whole of chinese magic there are different scripts, or styles of writing from different sects that were combined. It wasnt until a little later that some of the methods were "generalized" and a classic form emerged.

The yellow turban sect, five grains of rice, and many others began to mix systems greatly after the beginning of communism in China. Then the scripts began to be shared with many different people.

Today, people deperate to claim a linage usually claim Mao Shan. This is only because it is easy for them to do so and books were readily available. It doesnt make any one system bad, save intentions. Unfortunately, the available information available in books generally only teach Mao Shan writing scripts and not the other secret writing styles.

Its my opinion that any westerner who claims Mao Shan is false. As well as anything that was post-communism. Anything after 1847 is questionable at most.

Then there is the Buddhism question. At some point in time Taoism began to remerge with some Buddhist teachings. The Buddhists tended to keep more accurate records of who taught who, where the infighting among taoist priest succession makes things difficult.

Records were destroyed, and politics was employed.

As for mantras, these were written in Sanskrit and reffered to intelligences that originally existed beyond earth itself. To contact them a person would need to already be in contact with them. The transliteration of phrases into Chinese merely water down the practices. To this day, no one translates from the sanskrit. It was my understanding that much is lost to time.

The only exception to all of this farce is that if you were taught by someone how to communicate with these intelligences, you are grandfathered in so to speak.

What did I not cover? I did not cover the infighting among exiled groups of Mao Shan who in their bitterness practiced magic against the "other guys" due to the political infighting at the time. This is why people look at the foot of the mountain and say "this is why they are so bad!"

:lol:

If I were to jest, sometimes the fighting on here can get pretty intense. I havnt heard of anyone practicing "ju ju" though. Though the politics it looks like could be just as vicious! :lol:

Edited by Ambrose_Bierce

his post on kunlun reads like entertainment :lol: yeahyeah, Yoda got some of the visitors he asked for, then realized he didnt want them after all!

if he werent so much "my path is best, all of these other paths are evil diversions" he probably would have been better received. you cant just how up at a place, criticize most of the practices people do, then offer to give them a cleansing and fu for 90 dollars and all will be well!

that said, he did do Yoda well, so he's not entirely full of crap like some people here would like to believe. I just think he should have showed a little more respect to other systems - your heart can be in the right place and you can still give a terrible delivery, convince noone.

if he werent so much "my path is best, all of these other paths are evil diversions" he probably would have been better received. you cant just how up at a place, criticize most of the practices people do, then offer to give them a cleansing and fu for 90 dollars and all will be well!

that said, he did do Yoda well, so he's not entirely full of crap like some people here would like to believe. I just think he should have showed a little more respect to other systems - your heart can be in the right place and you can still give a terrible delivery, convince noone.

I agree, he seems to know his stuff. His lineage is questionable, though he'd say direct from the source. He is full of my way is best, but perhaps more questionable is that he's very commercial. This might well be how old time religious Taoism is practiced in funded in China. He sells Fu's for everything from curing disease to stepping in dog doo. He can ransom your ancestors from hell for a goodly sum.

I respect his knowledge, as Yoda's pointed out, he teaches some good stuff, but its got a lot of dogmatic baggage. Not my cup of tea.

Michael

• Like 1

Oh my god "Quan Zhen Sect - The Evil Old Famous Taoist like Bin-Laden" BAHAHAH - This site is good to read for a laugh but wow I feel sorry for anyone who gets pulled in by them.

Hi guys. I dont know why I feel the need to emphasis this but throught the history of the different sects of taoism, this has been the case and the real deal when it comes to any teacher teaching this subject:

The only exception to all of this farce is that if you were taught by someone how to communicate with these intelligences, you are grandfathered in so to speak.

I dont know who or what or who follows who. I dont care who thinks whoever is wrong.

This should be quite profound for everyone. :)

Oh my god "Quan Zhen Sect - The Evil Old Famous Taoist like Bin-Laden" BAHAHAH - This site is good to read for a laugh but wow I feel sorry for anyone who gets pulled in by them.
LMFAO!! I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed his verrry lengthy hit list! :lol:

I mean, whether you agree with him or not, you can't help but LOL at his totally unapologetic self-promotion & irreverent haterade! Not even a bare attempt at any phony PC spiritual diplomacy here!

A sword finger hand sign was raised and Mak Jo Si drew a magical FU in the air and strike toward the lady with a short spell. The lady shivered violently and instantly fly back a few steps, she felt it! She said that is was amazing! She felt there is a strong stream of heat that strike down from top to bottom and she felt something was blasted out and shattered and dissolved like a bomb or something. Her vision is brighter, felt lighter and happier, and also got much warmer too! What was up? Yes, exorcism power of true Taoism was just performed and demonstrated.

Did Jesus have this power? No. Was Jesus real when you pray to him 4 hours a day and did he helped you? He is suppose to help you with his power, but he did not. Maybe it's time to have some doubts about this holy man, Jesus is and was not there at all.

Dude even totally put JESUS ON BLAST!! :lol:
  • Like 1

his post on kunlun reads like entertainment :lol: yeahyeah, Yoda got some of the visitors he asked for, then realized he didnt want them after all!

Well if I recall correctly, it wasn't so much that yoda was getting visitors that he asked for- but it was that his young daughter was ALSO getting the visitors that he asked for, and she didn't. It was disturbing the atmosphere of his house and family.

And if your daughter is waking up every night with nightmares of kunlun lizard visitors that she's never heard of- well it's time to bring in the fu!

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

LMFAO!! I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed his verrry lengthy hit list! :lol:

Ouch.. what a negative world these guys live in where they get evil magic fired on them from all angles!

Later on, Mak Jo Si got rid of their problems by having to have a huge fight with a few Muslim temple with magical warfare, busted their altars, evil gods and so on. It was freaky and scary.

When they both decided to quit Reiki, they got tons of evil magic from this Reiki Master right away and it was horrible. The Reiki is full of curses and haunt, once you quit, you get them bad stuff all at once.

If he looks so much like Bin-Laden, they might as well have the same characteristic and minds. That's why he is so damn evil to the heart. If you have saw him on TV, his face just tell you that he is an old evil man in the Quan Zhen Sect of Taoism, the mixed 3-in-1 salad potter.

Also strangely seems like these guys have been scammed by every other path out there! Wonder what happened to their magical powers to not notice all these people tricking them??

• Like 2

Zhongyongdaoist, I enjoyed your post and agreed with most of it. My teacher was an initiate of the GD and was taught Enochian by his mentor after going through the appropriate prerequisite grades.

Even advanced adepts within GD like the famous Paul Foster case believed Enochian was a dangerous system of magick, and it's the reason why Enochian was ommited from Paul's curriculum when he started BOTA.

I am familiar with the entire Lemegeton but to be honest the ancient magi would have considered consorting with demons to be an anathema.

Goetia does not deal with angels or even upper level djinn, it deals with the 72 evil djinn, that would categorize it as black magick/sorcery or as they call it in the middle-east sihr.

Most of the information on neo-magick as you call it comes from a middle-eastern system of magick known as ruhaniat which is the primary system of magick that I study; Taoist and Tibetan rituals are more of a side thing for me.

As for Dr. Johnson, I have some more information from another student of my teacher's. He purchased 3 of his books and noticed that there were pictures of talismans in that book that were drawn by my master's hand! Those talismans were taken without my teacher's awareness or consent from one of his books.

Even Agrippa's book is play school compared to what I have learned from my teacher. Did you know that when you charge a kamea it needs to be hung from a tripod made of pomegranate branches while you chant the ruhani infusion prayer, and when it's done the talisman PHYSICALLY spins!

pomegranite%2Btripod.jpg

Unless it spins, you don't have a talisman. Have you ever seen a modern adept get a kamea to spin when fully charged? There isn't enough information in Agrippa's 3 books of Occult Philosophy to truly empower a talisman according to the ancient ways.

Here's another thing you may not have known, kameas go FAR beyond 13 X 13! Ask around and even the highest adepts of the Golden Dawn will freely admit as far as they know kameas extend no further than 13x13. It is easy to understand why modern Western teachings on magic squares diverged from what was taught by those old masters. European knowledge of magic squares developed independently after Manuel Moschopoulos introduced them into Europe in 1300 A.D. He most likely learned them from the Arabs, who didn’t pass their most prized knowledge to him.

Most modern adepts (for the most part) are too lazy to practice ruhaniat because it involves long conjuration disciplines that can take 40 days or more (like sanskrit mantras) and often times involve vegetarian diets, solitary retreat and even fasting. But the results you get are very tangible and physical not like the smoke in the mirror astral vision conjuring you see in modern evocation.

In ruhaniah we shake the circle old school style and summon the djinn to PHYSICAL manifestation where they can move things; for instance, the great circle of the oracle of the Kings of the terrestrial Jinn ritual where THEY (the jinn) move the runes in the enchanted circle to answer your questions without you touching the runes, it's like a ouija board on steroids!

When one of our members was initiated the immortals in charge of our order appeared physically and anointed his forehead.

This may all seem fantastical and unreal to a modern adept, but in the life of the Arabic magi this part of our reality.

p.s.

You are right the word crap might have been harsh, I meant it's a lot less effective from my experience.

Edited by Immortal
  • Like 1

let's just say that I was not as positively impressed by what I read there and which FiveElementTao quoted above as he was.

Where did say that I was impressed? Is subtlety completely lost on people in this forum nowadays?...

Dude... I never said I was impressed. I said his site was interesting... There's a difference.

I was being sarcastic. At the time I posted the OP (3 years ago), MTS was trolling TTBs proclaiming himself to be THE TIn Si ( the Divine Supreme Master) of all Taoism. He was hijacking threads and the entire forum badmouthing all other traditions and teachers. People on the forum were under the assumption that MTS was a Taoist master who had studied under other recognized masters. The point of the thread was to get people to go to his site and read for themselves WHERE he learned and got his authority to proclaim himself master of all taoism...

pay attention people!

• Like 4

I recently emailed Dr. Johnson asking him why Master Yong's (my teacher) calligraphy appeared in his book, and this is what he said on my email:

"I have always given Master Yong credit for any information gathered from his wonderful book on Taoist calligraphy. Additionally, I have always honored and promoted his work to my students and

have encouraged them to attend his seminars whenever he came to the US."

----------------

I have not personally seen his book (another student of Master Yong did), so I cannot say for sure if he referenced Master Yong in his bibliography or not.

So for now I have to refrain judgment from saying he's a fraud until I have more information. I'm not in the business of unnecessarily slandering people, that's bad karma I would only be hurting myself.

Mak Tin Si is a fraud.

Now he seems to have many people's life savings. Thriving on misery and deception is very bad karma.

It will take many people to realize that they have been swindled to stop him.

I recall what I did a while back was called "Picking on Mak Tin Si" :lol:

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

When one of our members was initiated the immortals in charge of our order appeared physically and anointed his forehead.

This may all seem fantastical and unreal to a modern adept, but in the life of the Arabic magi this part of our reality.

p.s.

You are right the word crap might have been harsh, I meant it's a lot less effective from my experience.

Hey Immortal I found your post really interesting and I don't really know anything about Arabic magic so I hope you don't mind a few questions :).

In general we can say the main goals of Chinese spiritualism are Immortality and/or Enlightenment. Do you have a "goal" or some sort of alchemy developement in the Arabic system?

Did you see the Immortals of your system just appear out of thin air? What did they look like?

How did you find your master?

Is your general practice heavily meditation based? Or perhaps ritual/summoning?

I could ask so much more but I'll stop there haha.

Thanks.

Hey Immortal I found your post really interesting and I don't really know anything about Arabic magic so I hope you don't mind a few questions :).

In general we can say the main goals of Chinese spiritualism are Immortality and/or Enlightenment. Do you have a "goal" or some sort of alchemy developement in the Arabic system?

Did you see the Immortals of your system just appear out of thin air? What did they look like?

How did you find your master?

Is your general practice heavily meditation based? Or perhaps ritual/summoning?

I could ask so much more but I'll stop there haha.

Thanks.

Immortal:

If you tell people who your teachers are on this forum: People here have a bad habit of calling up your teacher and acting hubris to them.

Hubris is yelling, threatening and more.

So, if you want your world destroyed by cretins, by all means respond.

Immortal:

If you tell people who your teachers are on this forum: People here have a bad habit of calling up your teacher and acting hubris to them.

Yeah good thing Rabbit is here to prevent the end of the world.

Thetaobum army is already forming up and the crusade against the sufis begins NOW!!!

RUN!!!!

Yeah good thing Rabbit is here to prevent the end of the world.

Thetaobum army is already forming up and the crusade against the sufis begins NOW!!!

RUN!!!!

Im so sure! :lol:

Make it sound like everyone is to blame haha

Immortal:

By the way i asked HOW he found his master, not WHO his master is. Better work on that reading comprehension before you go condemning the motives of every else.

Edited by Ish