benny

A Warning

To all who would seek to charge money for the knowledge of the various ways I bring to you a warning:

Make not a business of knowledge. If you do not stop seeking money in exchange for the information you possess you shall perish in a terrible fire.

The time has come for the knowledge to be made free, rightfully as it is; purely as it will remain. Unsullied by the forces of monetary corruption.

You cannot stop this as it is destiny.

Good luck.

Ben

Do you think money really corrupts? If money is merely a neutral commodity what is it that really is doing the corrupting?

What do you think money is really?

What is the real currency for the exchange of knowledge?

Why on earth would you say that someone would burn in a terrible fire? Why do you think you have the authority to say such a thing?

Do you think being 'against' something is in any way productive or useful?

If we abolish money, what practical alternative do you suggest that could be implemented worldwide in the next 5 years?

quite right, value makes it a thing and once a thing it is nothing to the One. Truth IS and shall have no need for master or price. Anyone putting a price on knowledge has no idea of its value.

Do you think money really corrupts? If money is merely a neutral commodity what is it that really is doing the corrupting?

What do you think money is really?

What is the real currency for the exchange of knowledge?

Why on earth would you say that someone would burn in a terrible fire? Why do you think you have the authority to say such a thing?

Do you think being 'against' something is in any way productive or useful?

If we abolish money, what practical alternative do you suggest that could be implemented worldwide in the next 5 years?

You have many questions and I am afraid I have no answers. I am but a humble messenger.

My apologies,

Ben

You have many questions and I am afraid I have no answers. I am but a humble messenger.

My apologies,

Ben

:blink:

Truthahnpups. :D:lol::D

Someone should post the link to that Bodri article (I would, but I can't right now hehe).

To all who would seek to charge money for the knowledge of the various ways I bring to you a warning:

Make not a business of knowledge. If you do not stop seeking money in exchange for the information you possess you shall perish in a terrible fire.

The time has come for the knowledge to be made free, rightfully as it is; purely as it will remain. Unsullied by the forces of monetary corruption.

Good luck.

Ben

Most ancient or even just old cultures west to east considered money or current-sea to be related to the water element as well as jing. One could spend jing and emotional energy on all sorts of activities Taoists choose to put there inner wealth toward spiritual evolution same with there outer wealth. If a pure trade and barter system were to arise again I am sure taoist would adapt but still this would not be "free" but a win win sharing. You would not want to be parasitic would you?

I take a Yin yoga class on Monday evenings. It is taught at a yoga studio located in a small shopping center in a major metropolitan city in the US. The owner of this studio, a lovely lady, has to pay rent and utilities for the studio. I know that the owner has a regular full time job and the yoga studio is an effort of the heart. My teacher is another lovely lady who teaches elementary school. She loves yoga and as school teachers in the US are grossly underpaid, any additional income for her is needed and greatly appreciated.

I don't feel as though I am going to hell or causing my teacher and owner of the studio to burn in hell either when I pay my fee. The harsh reality is that it takes money to maintain a location for a school and that people should be compensated for their time. In my situation, nobody is getting rich, no outlandish promises are being made; there is simply teaching happening in a clean, quiet studio.

Good luck.

Ben

lol

My apologies,

Ben

What do you mean you have no answers? What a cop out! If you are spreading warnings of doom, at least have the BALLS to be able to answer for it.

For Whom are you a messenger? Who gives you the right to say such things? If anyone here is in danger of a fiery condemnation my friend, it is you! If I were a christian I would accuse you of blasphemy.

So, what is it you expect? a free ride? we should teach you for free? So, people here who have trained hard and sometimes paid a great deal of money to learn this knowledge for many years should then turn around and hand it to you for NOTHING! You know the old saying? you get what you pay for.

I think you may need some education.

1st. There has always been a rule of exchange. There has to be an exchange of energy. In times past, some students were not charged money. BUT there was always an exchange. In previous cultures, if there was a shaman or Tao master, the village would provide him with offerings for his livelihood, and in exchange he would teach and heal. So, he was paid for his service ALWAYS. In the monasteries, do you think the monks were learning for free because they didn't have to pay money? they paid with their service. they had to farm or work or beg or something to bring in money and supplies for the temple. Are you prepared to become someone's servant and work full time for free in exchange for lessons? Because that is what you are proposing. It is much cheaper now to pay someone a few measly dollars for a lesson and go home with priceless knowledge than to give up your life and become a servant in exchange for learning.

What about today? Today we use money to obtain food and shelter. In our culture people do not set up teachers with free housing and food. Money is the modern vehicle for exchange. teachers deserve to be able to eat and have a roof over their head. Should they be homeless and beg so that you can have free Tao lessons?

It's one thing for you to say that you think people should teach for free, I would simply write it off as innocent ignorance, but when you come on here pretending to be an old testament prophet of doom threatening people with damnation for making an honest living providing a valuable service, I say SHAME ON YOU COWARD!

What about today? Today we use money to obtain food and shelter. In our culture people do not set up teachers with free housing and food. Money is the modern vehicle for exchange. teachers deserve to be able to eat and have a roof over their head. Should they be homeless and beg so that you can have free Tao lessons?

It's one thing for you to say that you think people should teach for free, I would simply write it off as innocent ignorance, but when you come on here pretending to be an old testament prophet of doom threatening people with damnation for making an honest living providing a valuable service, I say SHAME ON YOU COWARD!

Absolutely.

Its not about getting rich its about feeding your family providing shelter and also being able to travel to tend to students etc.

NOTHING IS FREE. There is always an exchange whether it be physical or Energetic.

Peace

Santiago

I tend to agree. I try to stay as far away as possible & refuse to study from any master who charges large sums of money (anything more then a red envelope). Its just impossible to develop a true master-student relationship on this basis.

If these teachers need money then get off your ass & get a job like the rest of us !!!

Ah so you think that school or university etc. teachers shouldn't get paid and find a real job instead? That's interesting...

Good luck.

Ben

Upside down thinking alert!

How much did you pay for you TV or phone or shoes or...

these things are worth Far less than the time and Info of a good teacher. I Have payed and payed and I will continue to pay to support my wonderful teachers and Every cent was worth it.

Where do you get off threatening people like some priest with pronouncements of Doom?

Paying isn't the problem, being an 'I want it now for nothing' person is. (basically parasitic mentality) :o

Still laughing, Seth.

I tend to agree. I try to stay as far away as possible & refuse to study from any master who charges large sums of money (anything more then a red envelope). Its just impossible to develop a true master-student relationship on this basis.

If these teachers need money then get off your ass & get a job like the rest of us !!!

So, maybe your teachers should pay YOU? I am amazed that people think that they are doing teachers a favor by allowing them to teach. This is a very westernized concept. In the traditional way, you had to bust your ass, to get anyone to teach you. You not only paid money, you gave up your career and life if necessary and became their personal servants. we don't have to do that anymore... Paying a few dollars is nothing compared to what it cost to learn in times past... People are now teaching their hard earned skills for sometimes only $10 or $15 a class and you feel you are getting ripped off!

I suppose you feel your doctor, plumber, builder, dentist should go and "Get off their ass and get a job" and then come and help you in their spare time for FREE?

Of course not. Hey idiot! Teaching IS their job, you moron. If you don't want to pay anything to learn a priceless art, then don't! You don't deserve to be a student if that is your attitude.

(Harumph!)

Are You comparing physical mundane items like cell phones,university degrees & shoes !!! My goodness. Please, Theres no comparison between the two. This is a merely a weak attempt made by the Unfortunate Few who fall in with such dubious characters. Karma works in Mysterious ways.

A lesson to all.

Are You comparing physical mundane items like cell phones,university degrees & shoes !!! My goodness. Please, Theres no comparison between the two. This is a merely a weak attempt made by the Unfortunate Few who fall in with such dubious characters. Karma works in Mysterious ways.

A lesson to all.

Upside Down thinking alert!

Our perception is upside down (distorted/unclear/delusional/ignorant) when we are happy to pay for things with very little actual value, but do not want to pay for the precious things of the highest value.

How selfish to, too expect the time and energy and guidance and teachings of a Teacher - for Nothing.

Feel into the thought/attitude of - "Give to me but I will give you Nothing" -

It is a deeply contracted/ignorant state or energy.

Don't argue, just feel into it. Sit in that place. Is it Good?

Does it share anything in common with a Refined state of Being, or with Happiness or even Enlightenment?

How is the Karma there?

And don't say "It's not to do with me, it's to do with the teacher" Thats just a cop out and B.S. Every thing is to do with you. Your the one wanting.

Infinite Blessings and Abundance to all my Teachers!

Seth.

Good luck.

Ben

Who is the fool - the one that pays expecting salvation or the one that offers it at a price?

Wisdom is free to anyone if we look for it ourselves.

Does it cost money to question who/what we are? Do you charge yourself to question from where your thoughts arise? Do you have to pay a tax to wonder who/what is observing every thought and action?

Let the producers and consumers do as they please. There are more important tasks to explore :)

A rich businessman sought the advice of an immortal sage. The sage demanded the the businessman craft 5 fish out of pure gold as payment for his tutelage.

Upon payment the sage threw the fish into the ocean to teach the businessman that even though the fish had the semblance of life they were not alive.

:D

Nothing is for free ... every lesson we learn costs us in some way. For the attainment of Tao that cost is the dedication of your entire life (and perhaps even several).

In an ideal world knowledge of truth should be accessible to all. Unfortunately there are people who use it for themselves. There are already too many selfish people on this planet. That being said, the keepers of knowledge often become corrupt also, whilst they hoard the wisdom. Money and energetic knowledge really don't mix well, this has been proven many times over. It's much better if teachers could have their students help them in another way like less selfish purposes.