benny

Human Flight -> Qinggong

Greetings, honorable daoist brothers and sisters ...

Your lungs are your wings inturned.

I need all of your data on qinggong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qinggong

"Qing Gong (traditional Chinese: 輕功; simplified Chinese: 轻功; pinyin: qīnggōng; Cantonese Yale: Hing Kung) translates to "light body skill", and consists of two main skills: One being the ability to perform vertical jumps of a height many times that of the human body, and the other being the ability to travel long distances with a flitting, continuous motion as if flying."

The practice has been popularized and simulated in wuxia films such as 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' and 'Kung Fu Hustle' using wires: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_fu

I submit my "findings" however few they are and would appreciate any knowledge you might have from Daoist (especially Daoist) or other perspectives to help to enhance my current understanding.

Lung-gompa is the Tibetan equivalent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milarepa#Supernatural_running

"The words lung-gompa convey this: lung denotes the elementary state of air, ... So the lung-gompa runner is one who completely masters breath meditation."

http://tinyurl.com/lunggompa

Ge Qiang who lives in the Ningxia province published a book on qinggong called "Zhonghua Wushu Qing Gong" -- read the following article: http://www.china.org.cn/english/NM-e/111309.htm

Mr. Ge Qiang is of the Hui people who are Muslims. I think there is a lot to learn from him. Does anyone have or can they get his book?

Ge Giang mentions another book in that article entitled "Shaolin Martial Arts Qinggong Private Edition" -- if anyone has this book or knows where it can be acquired I would greatly appreciate that information.

Through inference I feel the practice Ge Qiang describes is similar in many respects to the French 'parkour' -- and a brief Google search turned up this thread on Martial Arts Planet where they state the same: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/sh...6865&page=3

I am interested in the esoteric, internal, and occult knowledge. My studies have brought me to take very seriously the 8 directions and reconcile the motion of the Earth underneath my feet (moving southwest to northeast at approximately 1040 mph, orbiting the sun at approximately 30,000 mph)

BK Frantzis writes briefly about Qinggong in his book 'The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Qi' on page 68

Etc. etc. etc.

This is already too winded so I will close with a quote from the Martial Arts Planet thread that may be more germaine to our particular focus ...

"I have also heard from the aspects of Qigong it is using Yang energy against the earth's natural Yin energy. Thus they are actually "repeling" each other similar to the thoughts of magnetism, thus resulting in somewhat of a levitating effect. This is of course pretty High level Qigong."

I asked the master down the street from me about it and he affirms the notion set forth in the thread that it has to do with "moving the center" ... shifting the weight.

I wish you all luck in your practice and am curious to hear what you think of this subject.

Worldpeace,

Benny

Nobody knows anything about qinggong or you're all too scared?

Don't be shy, don't be afraid .. come out of the darkness now it is time.

At first I thought reading your question was that you were a 15 year old. Then as I read and saw you actually did a little research I am guessing your probably 17. Am I right?

When was the last time you saw someone fly? Look, personally I am seeking ascension so I am not one to cast aspersions on anyone elses goals. If you want to fly then go for it. But figuring it out is all on you. I've studied tai chi and qi gong here and in Taiwan and met some pretty high level masters.... and none could fly. None ascended either so.....

There are other flyers too, aside from Taoist ones. The Talmud speaks of those in the school of prophets having the ability of flight. I dont think they learned a technique but its more of a spiritual level sort of thing. Seriously, about your age.... I am not insulting you, I just want to put your question in perspective.

EDIT: Oh, a bunch of Catholic saints could fly too, which makes the flight= spiritual level seem more plausable.

Nobody knows anything about qinggong or you're all too scared?

Don't be shy, don't be afraid .. come out of the darkness now it is time.

Most people are still asleep. Take a deep breath..... ooommmmmm.....

Edited by DarinHamel

LOL Darin! You always want to know how old people are! I am older than you! That is all you need to know :)

As far as flight is concerned, yes you're right ... Saint Joseph of Cupertino was reported to have flown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_of_Cupertino

There is the work of the Yogic flyers

Tales of Peter Pan and magic persian rugs. Birds who have cryptochromes in their eyes which allow them to "see" magnetic fields: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/cryptochrome/

So on and so forth ..

There is also documented evidence to suggest that Tibetan monks have levitated stones using semi-circle sonic resonation formations that corresponds to the work of Dr. Tesla, Dr. Deak, and Dr. Hutchison.

The Hutchison Levitation Effect is a phenomena whereby objects can be made to hover when resonant frequencies are broadcast: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutchison_eff...utchison_effect

Dr. Deak has replicated this effect here:

"This is an acoustic levitation chamber I designed and built in 1987 as a micro-gravity experiment for NASA related subject matter. The 12 inch cubed plexiglas Helmholtz Resonant Cavity has 3 speakers attached to the cube by aluminium acoustic waveguides. By applying a continuous resonant(600Hertz) sound wave, and by adjusting the amplitude and phase relationship amongst the 3 speakers; I was able to control levitation and movement in all 3 (x,y,z) axis of the ambient space. This research was used to show the effects of micro-gravity conditions that exist in the space shuttle environment in orbit, but done here on Earth in a lab"

Human flight is not a joke, Darin - I apologize if I came off sounding foolish or misguided but I do approach this with a very severe yet serene demeanor.

Understanding the rotation of the Earth is integral to generating the effect I believe and separating oneself from the surface of this sphere such that one could fly "with it" presents problems that even the most hardened of mathematicians and meditation practitioners would love to crack.

I look forward to continued discussion of this art of qinggong and its effects.

Cheerio,

Benjamin Fritz Peterson

Edited by benny

LOL.. yeah, I like to know how old people are and I like photos too. Sorry if I came off as insulting but your first post really made you sound really young. Not that its a bad thing to be young. I just like to know who I am talking to. Sorry.

Aleister Crowley is supposed to have levitated once on command. He sat in a chair tensed up every muscle in his body and appearently levitated. That makes me think his was a kundalini related phenomena.... if it really happened.

St Teresa of Avila says that levitations are an early sign in mystics and happens often which again, makes me think levitation is a kundalini thing.

Flying however seems to be different and more of an alchemical transformation of the physical body. I've thought it might have something to do with ley lines too.

Evelyn Underhill has a section on flights I think as does one of my favorte book to look up mystical things, MYSTERIES, MARVALS, MIRACLES by John Cruz. It has tons of flying saint stories.

Do you seperate levitation from flying or do you take them as steps of the same thing?

EDIT: Seriously, I am sorry about the age thing. I feel like an ass now....

Edited by DarinHamel

Do you seperate levitation from flying or do you take them as steps of the same thing?

EDIT: Seriously, I am sorry about the age thing. I feel like an ass now....

Levitation, flying, feeling of lightness, higher center of gravity, energetic connection to heaven, and jumping high.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Hey Darin,

That is interesting that you say that. A friend of mine, Amadeus the Stampede (daoist and rapper from Boston) have had discussions of flight and there were two points he brought to bear. One I can remember at the moment one I can't and it's directly related to your Crowley reference. Amadeus stated that if you could flex every muscle in your body (and this lends itself to desert eagle's reference in the other 'What is Dao' thread speaking about learning to move with the stomach and intestinal tract) that you would be able to achieve flight.

I'll inquire with him as to what the secondary point was as I feel it is germane to this discussion.

Cheers,

Worldpeace,

Ben

Your lungs are your wings inturned.

I need all of your data on qinggong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qinggong

"Qing Gong (traditional Chinese: 輕功; simplified Chinese: 轻功; pinyin: qīnggōng; Cantonese Yale: Hing Kung) translates to "light body skill", and consists of two main skills: One being the ability to perform vertical jumps of a height many times that of the human body, and the other being the ability to travel long distances with a flitting, continuous motion as if flying."

The practice has been popularized and simulated in wuxia films such as 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' and 'Kung Fu Hustle' using wires: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_fu

I submit my "findings" however few they are and would appreciate any knowledge you might have from Daoist (especially Daoist) or other perspectives to help to enhance my current understanding.

Lung-gompa is the Tibetan equivalent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milarepa#Supernatural_running

"The words lung-gompa convey this: lung denotes the elementary state of air, ... So the lung-gompa runner is one who completely masters breath meditation."

http://tinyurl.com/lunggompa

Ge Qiang who lives in the Ningxia province published a book on qinggong called "Zhonghua Wushu Qing Gong" -- read the following article: http://www.china.org.cn/english/NM-e/111309.htm

Mr. Ge Qiang is of the Hui people who are Muslims. I think there is a lot to learn from him. Does anyone have or can they get his book?

Ge Giang mentions another book in that article entitled "Shaolin Martial Arts Qinggong Private Edition" -- if anyone has this book or knows where it can be acquired I would greatly appreciate that information.

Through inference I feel the practice Ge Qiang describes is similar in many respects to the French 'parkour' -- and a brief Google search turned up this thread on Martial Arts Planet where they state the same: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/sh...6865&page=3

I am interested in the esoteric, internal, and occult knowledge. My studies have brought me to take very seriously the 8 directions and reconcile the motion of the Earth underneath my feet (moving southwest to northeast at approximately 1040 mph, orbiting the sun at approximately 30,000 mph)

BK Frantzis writes briefly about Qinggong in his book 'The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Qi' on page 68

Etc. etc. etc.

This is already too winded so I will close with a quote from the Martial Arts Planet thread that may be more germaine to our particular focus ...

"I have also heard from the aspects of Qigong it is using Yang energy against the earth's natural Yin energy. Thus they are actually "repeling" each other similar to the thoughts of magnetism, thus resulting in somewhat of a levitating effect. This is of course pretty High level Qigong."

I asked the master down the street from me about it and he affirms the notion set forth in the thread that it has to do with "moving the center" ... shifting the weight.

I wish you all luck in your practice and am curious to hear what you think of this subject.

Worldpeace,

Benny

Hi,

I have never met anyone still in body who could fly. SO I can't address that part of your question.

I do, however, know running qigong. It has 4 aspects: Lightness technique, stamina technique, swiftness technique, Qi-Pushing up a hill technique, and a separate scare-off-wild-animals technique. It was one of the methods that the Taoists used to cross great distances in the past.

At the time I learned it I though it was important to know. Now I really question the need. As an intellectual exercise? My advice would be to forget it. Way too much trouble. It always boils down as to (why?). What greater good comes from learning this? I am not questioning your motive, simply writing my perspective.

Hi,

I have never met anyone still in body who could fly. SO I can't address that part of your question.

I do, however, know running qigong. It has 4 aspects: Lightness technique, stamina technique, swiftness technique, Qi-Pushing up a hill technique, and a separate scare-off-wild-animals technique. It was one of the methods that the Taoists used to cross great distances in the past.

At the time I learned it I though it was important to know. Now I really question the need. As an intellectual exercise? My advice would be to forget it. Way too much trouble. It always boils down as to (why?). What greater good comes from learning this? I am not questioning your motive, simply writing my perspective.

I understand what you are saying. The philosophical basis for such a practice (the internal cultivation) is ABSOLUTELY INTEGRAL. It is the foundation stone.

If the idea is not correct ... the approach vector not sure ... the chemicals in the brain are offset and the entire endeavor will come to nothing.

You are correct. It is best to have GOOD REASON to do ANYTHING.

Hi,

I have never met anyone still in body who could fly.

Exactly. I have heard at least 3 reports of qinggong abilities ranging from being able to leap up to a 2nd-story to over a gymnasium from reliable sources.

Most of them being qigong or Taijiquan masters/"accomplished players" in their 60s or so - and often referring to their own fathers. So, generally from 1-3 generations ago.

However, I have yet to see this in person or actually captured on film even ONCE yet. :rolleyes:

Flying is easy, the hard part is dealing with the consequences of having done so. As soon as you fly even 1 inch, your mind will have to deal with the conflict this action creations with every other belief you hold. The amount of stress and fear this will generate is impossible to describe.

However, if you prepare your mind and gently and gradually transform your beliefs through deep contemplation (that is to say, using critical thinking in a quiet, deep, connected. slow, methodical, analytical investigative manner), flying can be as easy as walking or breathing. But by the time it becomes that easy, you won't be a human anymore. You won't be on Earth as you used to know it. You might be on something that looks like Earth and you might look like a human, but you won't be.

Don't delude yourself. You should start small with feats that do not jar the mind so much. I suggest you use the mind to heat your hands. Then try to heat your body. Then try to cool the body. Then try something else, like try to fast for 3 days. Use your mind to make fasting into a pleasant and easy and light experience. When you continually apply your mind like that in small ways, eventually you'll get the point that everything you see is just a creation of your mind and that you've never even lived in any substantial place in the first place. You'll understand that feeling substance is a visionary experience, it's basically like a hallucination that you have no reason to question.

In order to perform various feats without destroying your health you will also have to learn about the flow of consciousness or Tao. If you fly at the wrong time or for the wrong reason, you can hurt your self-image, that is to say, you can create a health problem. So, you don't go around flinging your power here and there, and nor do you have to conserve it, but the point is to do what is right at the time, and what that is cannot be learned from anyone because ultimately you will have to learn to feel it intuitively on your own.

All this takes time and if you strive a little too much or a little too zealously you might become insane. Being insane means you create a conflict in the mind whereby you have uncleared remnants of the old beliefs and also new and vastly conflicting beliefs operating together. This results in disharmony, paranoia, insecurity and so on, because the mind in that state lacks coherence. The good news is that all can be fixed and healed. :) But do you really have to fry yourself on purpose? The life will fry you just fine, so don't hurry to fry yourself.

Anyway, I wish to encourage you. What you want is possible, but the shift in the mindset that's required is so tremendous that I doubt you will find many sympathizers on this forum.

Oct

Phi

5th

3rd

Root

Octaves?

Flying is easy, the hard part is dealing with the consequences of having done so. As soon as you fly even 1 inch, your mind will have to deal with the conflict this action creations with every other belief you hold. The amount of stress and fear this will generate is impossible to describe.

You are tuned in, goldisheavy.

Coming to terms with the fact that we are under so much atmosphere traveling so fast is quite practically a traumatic experience.

We are insulated by the ignorance of the truth that both empower us and strike deadly fear into us.

With great power comes great responsibility.

I will give this much more consideration.

Good luck to you!

I would like to suggest that maybe people are looking at this from the wrong angle.

There is such a situation like "ascending to heaven in broad daylight". Enoch did it. They say Jesus did it with a "glorified" body, and many Taoists have reportedly done it.

My personal feeling is that this is not the result of technique - or that technique is not the causality.

I would say there is a direct correlation with xinxing.

That is to say - you can think of human attachments and sentimentality like anchors. You stay at the human level of consciousness, and your body stays at the human level as well. That is pulling down.

The other situation is maybe something like pushing down, or restraining. This can be the result of a body (bodies) full of dark, heavy substance.

The situation can be changed by earning and preserving de, which you can tranform to gong through cultivation.

So what I mean to say is that by transforming de to gong you lighten your body, and by eliminating attachments you lower the resistance that holds you down.

But this gong (not qi) has to be refined to a very very fine level, and it has to be transformed throughout many different dimensions of your body - not only the surface dimension.

It's a bit difficult for me to say what I want to say about this because I can easily sound crazy. :)

In short - if you don't want to be restrained by human conditions you have to be better than human.

However, even if someone IS able to do these things - they can't do them casually because normal people shouldn't see them, except under some rare and special types of circumstances.

Cultivation requires a sort of grim determination in the face of mundaneity. If a person with high attainment status casually shows these types of things in public or on televison - it defeats the purpose of human society.

Human society is supposed to be full of blindness, delusions, and so on because it is a furnace in which you can refine iron into steel.

Or another way to say it is that human society is the muddy water in which a lotus flower can grow.

If you clear away the dirty things and make it pure and clear to everyone - there's no longer a proper environment for cultivating.

I would like to suggest that maybe people are looking at this from the wrong angle.

There is such a situation like "ascending to heaven in broad daylight". Enoch did it. They say Jesus did it with a "glorified" body, and many Taoists have reportedly done it.

My personal feeling is that this is not the result of technique - or that technique is not the causality.

I would say there is a direct correlation with xinxing.

That is to say - you can think of human attachments and sentimentality like anchors. You stay at the human level of consciousness, and your body stays at the human level as well. That is pulling down.

The other situation is maybe something like pushing down, or restraining. This can be the result of a body (bodies) full of dark, heavy substance.

The situation can be changed by earning and preserving de, which you can tranform to gong through cultivation.

So what I mean to say is that by transforming de to gong you lighten your body, and by eliminating attachments you lower the resistance that holds you down.

But this gong (not qi) has to be refined to a very very fine level, and it has to be transformed throughout many different dimensions of your body - not only the surface dimension.

It's a bit difficult for me to say what I want to say about this because I can easily sound crazy. :)

In short - if you don't want to be restrained by human conditions you have to be better than human.

However, even if someone IS able to do these things - they can't do them casually because normal people shouldn't see them, except under some rare and special types of circumstances.

Cultivation requires a sort of grim determination in the face of mundaneity. If a person with high attainment status casually shows these types of things in public or on televison - it defeats the purpose of human society.

Human society is supposed to be full of blindness, delusions, and so on because it is a furnace in which you can refine iron into steel.

Or another way to say it is that human society is the muddy water in which a lotus flower can grow.

If you clear away the dirty things and make it pure and clear to everyone - there's no longer a proper environment for cultivating.

this made much sense. hair on end. but then again being so far from realizing anything how can it be that

I make sense of this? thank you anyway. long time since I read anything so fresh. "clear as mud".

Edited by rain

Octaves?

Octstaves.

What a way.

to get bye.

rest low.

stretch high.

Edited by Spectrum

Dumb question day;-)

So if I can get myself flying (I have to make a big effort to do so BTW, and I can only get a bit off the ground intentionally, not fly like a jet plane) in my dreams, that doesn't count, does it?

Does it only count if someone else can see it? Or if I made a video of my dream? Like an ECG, or do other people have to be able to see it as pictures in their own minds that they consider believable to be able to say I did do it? Can the videos be in black and white or is colour manditory?

I`m sort of confused about that. But if we're strictly talking about lifting my waking body off the surface of the earth for a while, in a manner that other people can watch 'in real time' all while they're there (and not asleep) and say 'yes she did fly' then no I can't. And if I could, why would I do it? Save airfares? Or gas? ok maybe good then;-)

Unless you count jumping on or off things. In which case we all fly all the time, every time we put one foot in front of the other.

I told you it was a dumb question day!

Kate