mwight

Heavy Water May Be The Elixir Of Life

Yea great Idea, Rock on! got to drink a few gallons of that stuff and maybe my chi will flow longer, or maybe I'll just drop dead of heavy water poisoning :lol:

Yea great Idea, Rock on! got to drink a few gallons of that stuff and maybe my chi will flow longer, or maybe I'll just drop dead of heavy water poisoning :lol:

yeah I don't think drinking excess amounts is a wise idea... you would have to be rich to afford that anyway.

yeah I don't think drinking excess amounts is a wise idea... you would have to be rich to afford that anyway.

So what amount are you drinking and what's it doing for you?

So what amount are you drinking and what's it doing for you?

I'm not I just read about this as I posted it, thought it was interesting.

one thing that I noticed that caught my attention was that it has a sweet taste but is chemically identical to normal water. Supposedly they analyzed some of that sweet elixir those masters created from normal water, and it was no different chemically from normal water, yet it did have a sweet taste. So perhaps the masters were faking miracles using heavy water, or maybe they were able to some how add neutrons to the hydrogen atoms in the water. Either way its interesting to think about..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girdler_sulfide_process

This is the most common chemical process of distilling heavy water from normal water. There is some history at the link to suggest that 340,000 tons of water is necessary to distill 1 ton of heavy water. The ratio's are crazy ... 1 molecule in 3200 is deuterium-enhanced water molecule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water#Production

The thing with all of these mathematics and calculations is that people forget to realize the daoist way of internal alchemy. That their body is quite literally a laboratory and that all of the equipment they need resides within them. Through various breathing methods and electrical activity at the molecular scale within the body you can synthesize all of the deuterium you need.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't pursue external processes ... quite the contrary ... people should learn the internal synthetical process as well as the external scientific one.

Anyone here familiar with Fritjof Capra's book "The Dao of Physics" will understand that modern science in many ways is simply reifying and reiterating knowledge of the ancients which had been understood centuries ago.

Cheers,

Ben

I'm not I just read about this as I posted it, thought it was interesting.

one thing that I noticed that caught my attention was that it has a sweet taste but is chemically identical to normal water. Supposedly they analyzed some of that sweet elixir those masters created from normal water, and it was no different chemically from normal water, yet it did have a sweet taste. So perhaps the masters were faking miracles using heavy water, or maybe they were able to some how add neutrons to the hydrogen atoms in the water. Either way its interesting to think about..

You probably could, through meditation and resonation and magnetic concentration affect a migration of deuterium-enhanced water molecules into your system through space into your lungs in water vapor. There may also be ways to internally manufacture the desired molecule through reactions in the heart/lungs/brain.

Bad scientists will scoff at this possibility .. good scientists will consider the probability and refine their methods to increase the likelihood of the probable occurrence.

There really is no more room for bullshit. Immortality is a very real thing. Say whatever you will.

astragalus has no resveratrol, sorry for the misunderstanding I kind of listed those two things too closely together.

resveratrol however is a phytoalexin which is a component of plant immune response so actually I might be speaking too soon.

there could be resveratrol in astragalus after all!

So here's what we do...

1) Find people who believe everything that scientists hypothesize based on incomplete research.

2) Make those people drink tons of heavy water, and eat hydrogen enhanced foods everyday for their entire lives.

3) Monitor their changes, and the changes in their kids over a few generations.

4) See the results!

...I am tending to think that it wouldn't be so good.

Life might be prolonged, but will it be enhanced? Plus...the research was done on mice, who live very different lives from human beings. We have no idea if it'd be good or really bad for us.

From the article itself:

But Tom Kirkwood, of Newcastle University, said: 'Shchepinov's idea is interesting but . . . the history in the field is cluttered with hypotheses which are only partially supported by the data.'

So here's what we do...

1) Find people who believe everything that scientists hypothesize based on incomplete research.

2) Make those people drink tons of heavy water, and eat hydrogen enhanced foods everyday for their entire lives.

3) Monitor their changes, and the changes in their kids over a few generations.

4) See the results!

...I am tending to think that it wouldn't be so good.

Life might be prolonged, but will it be enhanced? Plus...the research was done on mice, who live very different lives from human beings. We have no idea if it'd be good or really bad for us.

From the article itself:

I'm not suggesting anyone drink heavy water, it is lethal if you accumulate enough of it in your system. I just thought this was interesting. :/

I meant no offense to you, mwight. B) I just don't like how everyday there's this new "scientific" discovery that is supposedly the golden ticket. It's almost always based on hardly any research, and almost always dangerous if taken seriously.

I meant no offense to you, mwight. B) I just don't like how everyday there's this new "scientific" discovery that is supposedly the golden ticket. It's almost always based on hardly any research, and almost always dangerous if taken seriously.

Nothing in and of itself is THE golden ticket .. except THE GOLDEN TICKET. heh ... if that makes ANY sense.

Er ... let me rephrase as I'm among fellow daoists ..

the golden ticket that is said to be the golden ticket is not the unchanging eternal golden ticket ;-)

Anyway ... these studies and scientific discoveries are meant to be taken in relation to the rest of the phenomenal universe.

See them in their degree ... not for more, not for less than what they are.

If I am getting as bad a Drew I will stop, I never realized I was bothering others. I see a lot of interesting info on sites like reddit.com/digg.com/slashdot.org and enjoy sharing with ttb.

Edited by mwight

If I am getting as bad a Drew I will stop, I never realized I was bothering others. I see a lot of interesting info on sites like reddit.com/digg.com/slashdot.org and enjoy sharing with ttb.

well ..... just thanks. :)

Please continue doing what you do...if I seem bothered that's my problem! It's all good, my friend. B)

Isn't this the same type of BS they spewed about fluoride? This Shchepinov is probably bankrolled by some eugenics group or an evil corporation that produces heavy water as waste.

Isn't this the same type of BS they spewed about fluoride? This Shchepinov is probably bankrolled by some eugenics group or an evil corporation that produces heavy water as waste.

heavy water as waste?

unlikely.

The problem with this is that if you get rid of free radicals aggressively, you create yet another imbalance, and you can't produce enough energy to get anything done. It's like trying to achieve a very delicate balance by putting lead weights on either side of a fulcrum, doesn't work very well.

But material science/medicine can't see the bigger picture, and just fixates on one particular issue out of context, causing harm where they weren't looking. Same old problem.

-Karen

Has anyone heard about the Sufi master who can make water that has the ability to unpollute polluted rivers etc?

Has anyone heard about the Sufi master who can make water that has the ability to unpollute polluted rivers etc?

I've heard of the Emoto water crystal studies .. thing is none of his experiments were done double-blind so all he has to go on is his n of 1. I'd like to see more scientists follow Emoto's method and see what results they get.

Emoto's credentials have also been regarded as suspect. Awarding himself his own degrees through the university that he founded and such.

Simple orgonite has been helping to clean up bodies of water, and anyone can make the stuff, doesn't require any esoteric skills.

hey, if they can find Fluoride to be beneficial, why not heavy water?

Add some mercury to it and I'll buy a case.