Fiz

Magus of Java Teachings Revealed

No teachings are "revealed", sorry. Not to be rude, but I doubt there is anyone who read the book who didn't already put one and two together to establish what you compiled (which again, is taken point and point from the book) the only unique contribution being to "will" the chi to the dan tien, and sadly, you can "will" all you want, but that alone will do practically nothing compared to the ACTUAL mo-pai methods. Don't waste your time, people. /=

Edited by fizix

Dynamic tension combined with breathe retention is the real key here (know your limits). Follow this simple analogy & you will gain superhuman strength and open most major channels. In a nutshell this is the essence of level 2a,2b mopai.

:ph34r:

Dynamic tension combined with breathe retention is the real key here (know your limits). Follow this simple analogy & you will gain superhuman strength and open most major channels. In a nutshell this is the essence of level 2a,2b mopai.

imho, don`t try that without instruction and suppervising of a master. it could be very dangerous if you have a heart desease, high blood-pressure ... I looked once at my blood-pressure doing pranajama-breathing (8 heartbeats in, 24 hold, 16 out) and my blood-pressure rised into a unhealthy range. Combining such breathing with "Dynamic tension" would increase it much more...

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

So how does a Mo Pai student go past level 1 if level 2 has tension and breath retention and if they have High blood pressure?

You could start light tension wouldnt u agree?

Ape

Good Point Kronos. Usually a good 6 -12 months at the very Least of,Slow, Deep, Breathing is a must before starting this kind of Training. If I remember correctly David Verdesi (Have not heard that Name in a while :lol: ) using this same Method - Almost ruptured Himself Internally & Came very close to Losing both his Balls. A classic Example of too Much too Quick & Reminder of how Dangerous the Real Thing can be.

R.W.Smith

In a nutshell, that is like saying the key to a combustion engine is gasoline and spark plugs. It is a little wanting in detail...it is also bloody stupid and dangerous to do such things without guidance from a GOOD teacher.

Eh?

The devil is in the detail. Do it wrong and all kinds of unpleasant things can be the result. A years supply of Preparation H might be the least of a persons problems. Strokes and heart attacks, impotence...

A GOOD teacher is a must.

Starting at a level that be handled by the student is very important, yes. The detail is down to the teacher to decide. That is why a good teacher is so important.

I recall reading about David Verdesi's unfortunate 'mishap'. Playing around with stuff you don't fully understand is very dangerous. Mixing stuff up and/or trying to learn from books is potentially very hazardous. Some of the popular stuff out there in books is just plain wrong.

This is SO TRUE.

Books can be good medium but to be honest in my experience they do not "have" the actual answer to the experiential wealth one needs from a good teacher.

Cheers Mike.

Santi

A GOOD teacher is a must.

Starting at a level that be handled by the student is very important, yes. The detail is down to the teacher to decide. That is why a good teacher is so important.

I recall reading about David Verdesi's unfortunate 'mishap'. Playing around with stuff you don't fully understand is very dangerous. Mixing stuff up and/or trying to learn from books is potentially very hazardous. Some of the popular stuff out there in books is just plain wrong.

so what do you do then when all of the "good teachers" are hard to reach and or inaccessible to the western audience? (unless you're "in").

this seems to be a stance adopted by a lot of people on this forum (that all the popular books are trash) but then there is no guide or assistance in finding the real stuff.

and please don't say go study with santiago, it's very obvious you guys have developed quite the brotherly bond but i'm not a fan of qigong.

so what do you do then when all of the "good teachers" are hard to reach and or inaccessible to the western audience? (unless you're "in").

this seems to be a stance adopted by a lot of people on this forum (that all the popular books are trash) but then there is no guide or assistance in finding the real stuff.

and please don't say go study with santiago, it's very obvious you guys have developed quite the brotherly bond but i'm not a fan of qigong.

Mantis....

Why you haven't come to see me yet is strange since everything you ask for on this forum i can help you with.

You think all I do is QI GONG?

If you are humble bro I could teach you many things & also get you in contact with men that are truly on the "Next" level.

Peace

Santiago

Just in london yesterday I MET 2 MAGUS/JEDI.....one from Malaysia & One from Java, BANTEN. (My Guru).

They are out there and accessible but if one is not humble forget about it. No money in the world will make them show you a damn thing.

Peace & God Bless.

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Some seminars are like books =).

Edited by Starjumper7

Mantis....

Why you haven't come to see me yet is strange since everything you ask for on this forum i can help you with.

You think all I do is QI GONG?

If you are humble bro I could teach you many things & also get you in contact with men that are truly on the "Next" level.

Peace

Santiago

Just in london yesterday I MET 2 MAGUS/JEDI.....one from Malaysia & One from Java, BANTEN. (My Guru).

They are out there and accessible but if one is not humble forget about it. No money in the world will make them show you a damn thing.

Peace & God Bless.

Santiago

good to know, i have a vow i'm doing right now but if all is good (money is tight in our area as i'm sure you know) i will try to attend a class; i have been trying to get hired for some time now with no avail. hope all is good in your neck of the woods.

take care

That's why it's important to understand. don't you agree?

But to understand it we have to learn about it.

And where can we learn about how it actually is supposed to or does work? Without a teacher.

Is this a good question? in my opinion: yes.

Starting at a level that be handled by the student is very important

For VERY VERY VERY VERY sure, Yes!

That is *the* crux in my opinion

Sincerely

What do you mean with "dynamic tension"?

Would it be okay to ask if you could explain it a little bit more?

Thanks, kindly.

I really have to agree.

And also, it is nice that Santiago is teaching people here.

But i personally can not afford the prices asked at all.

Even though i would enjoy it if i could do it, i don't have that kind of money.

Understand soft and hard forces with breathing is key!

Most Kung fu systems that teach shaolin and some Taoist use Tension and breathing percentages my art is one of them. This is what i meant by understaning soft and hard with breathing and you will realize Yin Yang Gong.

:D