v29clGMWU84

ndg_6eajjNM

wGMwa4yZLL4

wzNAZE2gaBY

cSKBYaVlYKU

new wim hoff video

jfCsSDiPZxk

Edited by mwight

As usual bro you come up with the goods! That was absolutely amazing to watch and so inspiring even if he is drinking water secretly which doesnt seem to be so. Makes me even feel more lazy!!!

cheers

Spirit Ape

Thanks Dude. Awesome.

I hope he gets left alone in the future.

The peoples Maoist movement in Nepal? Anyone got details? Is it a political push from China?

Seth

My thoughts on the Buddha Boy:

I think it is suspicious that his brother is profiting from the spectacle. But that in now way means that that this meditation of his is nothing more than hocus pocus. It could be the real thing.

The problem that too many Buddhists have in Nepal and elsewhere is that they put the Buddha on such a high pedestal that they don't realize that they too are Buddha. I think that the Buddha Boy is a distraction from the Buddha that is within us all. "Buddhism" isn't about worshiping a boy in the jungle who supposedly is the Buddha; it is about practicising so we can become Buddha. However, I think those Nepalese who flock to the Buddha Boy can perhaps develop faith in their own Buddha-nature by witnessing the possibilities.

I'd love to see Barbara Walters interview the Buddha Boy after his meditation is over. But then again, she interviewed the Dalai Lama and it wasn't a very deep conversation, to say the least. (Not that it was the Dalai Lama's fault!)

I am somewhat skeptical about meditating without food or water for 10 months straight. But witnessing the Buddha Boy gives me added inspiration to meditate even more.

To say that the Buddha Boy is the "reincarnation of Buddha" seems like a contradiction in terms. According to Buddhism, after the Buddha passed into nirvana he would experience no more future incarnations.

These videos were very interesting and good food for thought.

My thoughts on the Buddha Boy:

I think it is suspicious that his brother is profiting from the spectacle. But that in now way means that that this meditation of his is nothing more than hocus pocus. It could be the real thing.

The problem that too many Buddhists have in Nepal and elsewhere is that they put the Buddha on such a high pedestal that they don't realize that they too are Buddha. I think that the Buddha Boy is a distraction from the Buddha that is within us all. "Buddhism" isn't about worshiping a boy in the jungle who supposedly is the Buddha; it is about practicising so we can become Buddha. However, I think those Nepalese who flock to the Buddha Boy can perhaps develop faith in their own Buddha-nature by witnessing the possibilities.

I'd love to see Barbara Walters interview the Buddha Boy after his meditation is over. But then again, she interviewed the Dalai Lama and it wasn't a very deep conversation, to say the least. (Not that it was the Dalai Lama's fault!)

I am somewhat skeptical about meditating without food or water for 10 months straight. But witnessing the Buddha Boy gives me added inspiration to meditate even more.

To say that the Buddha Boy is the "reincarnation of Buddha" seems like a contradiction in terms. According to Buddhism, after the Buddha passed into nirvana he would experience no more future incarnations.

These videos were very interesting and good food for thought.

doesn't have to be siddhartha; maitreya is supposed to be coming soon!

doesn't have to be siddhartha; maitreya is supposed to be coming soon!

True. I forgot about that! Though Maitreya is a different sentient being, not the "reincarnation" of Siddartha.

I have little doubt he is for real. At the very very least he has sat for an incredibly long time, very long times even on camera.

Many can challenge by scientific 'knowledge' but not by outdoing him or explaining him.

True. I forgot about that! Though Maitreya is a different sentient being, not the "reincarnation" of Siddartha.

If soon equals centuries you might be right.

Very interesting!

So many things to comment. The best quote is the cute buddhist munk explaing with a big smile why Ram started to sweat when they meditated together: "I know why. Its a secret I dont want to tell you now" :D

I also think that other munk was very interesting. Living off sun-energy like the plants do. He said he could live a thousand years with his body that way.

They end the documentary saying "noone really knows how this is possible". But that is just the peak of western arrogance, isnt it. The buddhist munks know!!! They have been doing it for centuries goddammit! Why dont scientist listen more to what they say instead of trying to fit everything into our present system of knowledge...

If soon equals centuries you might be right.

isn't he supposed to appear when the buddha's teachings are in decline?

isn't he supposed to appear when the buddha's teachings are in decline?

Well, the way I understand it is that he is supposed to appear when the dharma is basically completely gone, to turn the wheel of dharma again, which isn't now. We are in the dharma ending age, but it's not over yet.

He has come back!!!

Has there been any Taoist practitioners or meditation Masters that have done what this boy has done and filmed?

Ape

Edited by Spirit Ape

Why does that look like a Hollywood motion picture?

there is one where he states openly that the way is varja meditation or thunderbolt. Does anyone have more information on varja meditation?

Yeah.. MoPai... haha.

Yes but no one has made the copy of the mo pai book public, nor any of the training manuals for other similar schools.

I remember his website saying his vajra meditation had to do with visualizing tons of deities praying in the midst of a storm.

Vajrasattva meditation is a visualization of vajrasattva there is lots of sites with the meditation i dont know if its the one this boy is doing. Max has a Thunder Breathing meditation where you become the thunder deity/god and visualize the Vajra spinning in the heart in a storm. Then has the breathing method like a fast bellows!

I dont know if its real or complete maybe our friend Vajrasattva (K.A.P) Can share some light on this unless its Tummo. But Max says that his Thunder Breathing is ancient and all the 6 yogas come from his practice?!

Ape

In the first video it says he practices Sakhya Buddhism which is one of the four main sects of Tibetan Buddhism. The main practice is called 'the path and its fruit'. Otherwise he will be doing vajrayana sadhana on a particular yiddam - we don't know which.

Sakhya Buddhism is a powerful lineage counting amongst its history the great Sakhya Pandita who is known as the Tibetan Leonardo because of his wide scholarship in all the sciences and arts. Far from being secret (although its higher teachings will be) it has many centres in UK and probably US as well. Its head is HH Sakhya Trizin. I have attended some of his teachings and he is very impressive.

has anyone considered secrecy and why some things would be secret?

It seems obvious to keep things secret when access to them could do harm. Most people could consider that as a primary reason for secrecy, where certain practice on an untrained individual may do harm not good. Another reason is that there is an intention to guard the secret as it has power, this though is against the idea of compassion for all. A third reason I have considered is that the act that is held secret is a little embarrassing. Such as, maybe the sweat inducing meditation act, the heightening of body heat and such is that the person has taken a naturally occurring sensation such as sexual arousal and moved that energy to a more useful place, e.g. body heat or fuel for the mind or body. This I can believe is something a deep mediator would access but would be embarrassing for masters to tell a group of uninitiated monks.

Well, the way I understand it is that he is supposed to appear when the dharma is basically completely gone, to turn the wheel of dharma again, which isn't now. We are in the dharma ending age, but it's not over yet.

You are right but with vibrant forums like this one and heaps of others, sanghas in numerous parts of the world, Buddhist authors and teachers as well as online libraries (i.e accesstoinsight) this is not going to happen too soon.

There will be Buddhas actively teaching is other worlds though.

About the Buddha boy, well there are other ascetics in the Himalayas, remote areas of China and perhaps others, like him, hiding in caves and no publicity is given to them (lol, they are in seclusion, away from the world). I don't understand why so much fuss about this young ascetic. Just leave him alone. They are making $ out of him for sure.

n62gye.gif

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori