cheya

Trunk's Exploring the Exhale

I've recently started playing with reverse breathing with a focus on tan tien as part of a tuina chi kung practice, and also discovered Trunk's great page on Exploring the Exhale.

http://www.precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/IS1...ngTheExhale.htm

The practices he describes are very rewarding in terms of energetic stimulation, and combining them with reverse breathing (at least part of the time), has been amazingly effective for me in opening abdominal and spinal energy awareness/sensation.

Anybody else working with this and interested in sharing their experience and/or tips they've discovered for making it even more effective? (Or cautions? This morning I had the beginnings of a headache with it just after the energy kind of blossomed up into bladder 1 on the right side.)

Juicy stuff!

I've recently started playing with reverse breathing with a focus on tan tien as part of a tuina chi kung practice,

Is that "tuina" as in Chinese massage? I've heard it mentioned but don't know hardly anything about it. Are you enjoying it, finding it helpful?

Glad you like the exhale explorations.

LTT breathing pumps energy through the tissues and channels and most people are going to bump into blocks some place or another. Stretching, self-acupressure, occasional neck rotations ... all helpful.

Is that "tuina" as in Chinese massage? I've heard it mentioned but don't know hardly anything about it. Are you enjoying it, finding it helpful?

Glad you like the exhale explorations.

LTT breathing pumps energy through the tissues and channels and most people are going to bump into blocks some place or another.

Hi Trunk,
Yes, Chinese massage. For starters, I've been told to pulse LTT until every cell in my body lights up. (!!!!) You pull energy in on the reverse inbreath and then let it diffuse to the extremities on the outbreath. Purpose to use energy to do the tuina, as opposed to just doing the physical motions. Charging by pulsing tan tien is very helpful, and a few times I've been able to clear blocks (pain) just using intent to move energy through the blocked area. That's pretty cool, but I haven't got to the point where I can dependably do it for others. Practice.

The sacral squeeze. Stopping the technique and just breathing normally while energy wells slowly up the spine. First time I've ever experienced what I can only call kidney pleasure. Now, doing other chi practices, the energy keeps gathering at the sacrum and starting up the spine. Something opened and the chi body's after it. Maybe a little off track for pulsing LTT, but very interesting chi. Thank you!

... while energy wells slowly up the spine. First time I've ever experienced what I can only call kidney pleasure. Now, doing other chi practices, the energy keeps gathering at the sacrum and starting up the spine.

Couple of really simple things to facilitate that:

1. Twiddle at ming men

MsgTwiddle.jpg

(hands in whatever comfortable position to twiddle on back)

2. Tap Du-14

AcuptDu14.jpgMsgTapFingr.jpg

Thank you!

Adeha

You betchya! :D

Thanks for the dialogue. I'm happily curious to hear how your tui na explorations go, either in thread or pm.

Trunk

Edited by Trunk