seekeroftruth

Michael Lomax

Seeing as Michael Lomax is on this forum makes this question sort of awkward, but I guess I'll ask it anyway.

Has anyone here done any of Michael Lomax's chi gung or the other stuff he teaches? Or maybe taken a class by him?

I'm not looking for myself, per se, as I'm quite happy with KAP *looks over shoulder at Santiago* but just trying to see if anything useful can come out of the discussion.

Chin up, Cat!

You've got cat class and you've got Cat styyyyle... :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Chin up, Cat!

You've got cat class and you've got Cat styyyyle... :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

images.jpg

! Meeeeowser, dude.

An expensive book with very little content s'like sharing a saucer of milk with a hedgehog.. I may not be thrilled, but hey, is just wont phase me, nor nuthin'.

Thanks Silicon VAlllllleeeeey fo yo report, it was mongoosin good.

And the actual Qigong technique is to actually hold a hand position and remain still, which I already do!

I don't know if you know the Kunlun posture, but is the position in the book similar to the one used in Kunlun?

Just curious..... :unsure:

I'm wondering on paper here, but do the hands even matter that much?

In the end, are all spontaneous qigong/neigung practices pretty much the same? This is WAY over my head, but I'm just thinking.

It's hands on the belly.

Ha ha right ... I changed that to sound a little vague so that the technique itself is not revealed here ...

bad boy scott, you now said it all :P

Edited by SiliconValley

This post edited for clarity.

Eh, I'm tired of keeping secrets.

Me too.

You have my permission to place any brief quote from the book you wish on this forum.

The rest of the 40+ pages deal with some general stuff on Medical Qigong, prayer, sacred sex etc., none of which I found useful or what I have not read elsewhere in greater detail or with better clarity. So, it was about 10 pages in the entire book that I could actually get something out from. And the actual Qigong technique is to actually hold a hand position and remain still, which I already do!

I am curious as to where the "sex method" listed in the book is listed in more detail. The poster that said this method is listed elsewhere in more detail; where? Was it before or after my publication date? Because this method is totally different than the birth control method most people practice. But it IS simple, as all true qigong is.

Also, where and in more detail is there listed Stillness-Movement Qigong complete with the acupuncture Pt. sequence? And where is there listed in more detail the cutting of the cords method? And where is there listed in more detail Clinical Qigong treatment method for stroke-induced dysarthria or clinical qigong female system treatment?

I have repeatedly said that, even though I list the method of Stillness-Movement in the book, none can really learn the method from this (folks want it to be listed so I listed it as a reference).

The method I teach strictly depends on energy body vibrational changes made by the Teacher's energy projection initially to the student and then the student's continued practice so as to access these Higher Vibrational states.

The way I teach is this:

1) Student attends a workshop and I project qi the whole 2 days to raise the energy body vibration rate of the student.

2) Student goes home and practices, raising their energy body vibration rate.

3) Students returns and I work with their "new" energy body vibration rate and raise it while projecting "information based energy" and I start student on Clinical Qigong methodologies for their clients/patients.

4) Student goes home and practices and works with their clients/patients.

5) Student returns and I work with their "new" energy vibration rate, projecting energy to them. I teach more advanced Clinical Qigong methods to the student. They go home and practice on their qigong and work with more clients/patients.

6) This process continues until student reaches a level they are satisfied with.

If anyone on this forum bought this book direct from me and is unhappy with it for any reason please return it with your purchase receipt for a full refund. I cannot, however, control purchases made from a distributor.

I have NEVER said a person could learn qigong from ANY book. In fact, I say just the opposite - Find a Teacher that can project energy.

A lot of people have received good benefit from reading this book and it has received good reviews. But it ISN"T a how to book except as a reference for those that have studied with me. A person that has built good qi and understands qi projection could, however, utilize the qi healing methods listed as they come direct from clinical and hospital based methods.

I havent read it yet, but I just spent a fairly unreasonable amount of money on it..

Don't pre-judge. Just simply read while you are in qi state. You may find it is worth far more than what you paid.

Let me say this. This book certainly is NOT for everyone. Only when a student has reached a point when they are ready to embrace non-linearity and Higher Vibrational levels will this book have much meaning.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

I just edited the above post for clarity. I didn't read the whole thread when I replied and have now done so. THANKS

Why can't this be made clear? I don't want to waste my time or yours and try to go page by page and point out how full of useless information it was, for me. Again, I don't want to do that for it probably is useful to someone. I simply stated my view and stand by it. Believe me, I have read loads of books and many good ones on Qigong and also written a few... it may be just that I am not Non-linear or Non-perpendicular or something like that :lol:

This is what the Product description says on Amazon:

Your Website says:

Well, people can read the book and decide for themselves how true the above statement is. I only stated what I felt. It is not clear anywhere that the book is not for beginners or whoever you say the book is not for. At least it was not for me and it seems it was not for five other Bums either who sent me PMs in agreement. :D

Good luck!

I don't have any problem with you not liking the book. For the 5 that PM'd you and agreed with you I have 1500 or so that do like it.. Like I said, it is not for everyone. And it would be a poor book if it didn't generate controversy. So all that is perfectly OK!

For what it is worth I would estimate that over 50% of martial artists that read it do not like it; most are not oriented to non-linear energy manipulation. For the energy healers that read it an estimate would be that over 90 % do like it. These folk are more open to non-linear energy manipulation. And of course both these examples are not absolute.

What I would like to see is reference to back up your statement that was to the effect that there were other sources for the techniques listed that gave more clarity and in greater detail. In the above post I list a few examples that are in the book which I have never seen printed ANYWHERE. So please tell me where these examples are printed, as you said, in greater clarity and in more detail. Or please clarify the statement you made.

• Like 1

What's non-linear energy manipulation?

Like applying energy to someone in a non specific way that treats them overall? Or does it refer to a healing process that's more intuitive? Or...?

I didn't like the book either. There was nothing useful for my qigong practice, nor my energy healing practice.

• Like 1

... Believe me, I have read loads of books and many good ones on Qigong and also written a few... it may be just that I am not Non-linear or Non-perpendicular or something like that :lol:

Another Medical Qigong author. Impressive!

Please list your published books on Medical Qigong for all of us on this forum that don't know you. I may want to read 2 or 3 of them.

What's non-linear energy manipulation?

Like applying energy to someone in a non specific way that treats them overall? Or does it refer to a healing process that's more intuitive? Or...?

It seems that quite a few of the medical qigong systems are based on linear techniques. That is, there is a beginning to end with a time line.

Non-linear energy manipulation is potentially instantaneous and potentially with no limitation on amplitude. It also operates on the quantum level with no time line. It uses INTENT and not intention or visualization which are products of a finite mind.

I didn't like the book either. There was nothing useful for my qigong practice, nor my energy healing practice.

Cool.

If you already have 100% results with your healing practice then you do not have any need of the techniques listed in my book. If you already know who you are and your destiny and can already part the curtain you have no need of the Qigong I teach either. But there are others that have not reached this level, and they are who the book is for.

Before commenting I would like to say that Michael Lomax is a friend and colleague. I am not a wide eyed acolyte, I have seen many 'masters ' over the years and have been distinctly underwhemed by their performances. I have attended several of his seminars and benefitted considerably from them. I have studied several systems of Qigong, originally martial[from 1970] and later [from '88] medical. My preferred system is Emei, my training in another branch to the one that Michael practices. This is my take on the sitting meditation; it started similarly to the other forms of spontaneous that I had practiced but after a time the gross vibrations became lower amplitude, higher frequency, there appeared to be a feedback circuit from hands-thru body and back to hands. I found the practice refined and augmented my projecting ability. I felt that the hand configuration, left on right[usually R on L for males] may have something to do with it. I also found an increased ability to use 'intent' [think it, it happens] in projection. I think this is what Michael means when he talks of 'high frequency'.

The first part of the book can be offputting since it is in a different mental space[like much of Castenadas works] It is not for everyone, if it doesnt resonate look elsewhere. There are indeeed hundreds of books on Qigong out there and I have read many of them, IMHO there are maybe a dozen worth reading, I feel that Michael's is one of them.

If you can get to a seminar, try it out, it might be of value

Peace

• Like 1

It's a shame that he has to 'defend' himself here

Ah, I wrote something but this whole thing seems so ridiculous! Just edited ... Those of you who read it already...forget it :D

Edited by SiliconValley
  • Like 1

Just checked the book out on "Goodreads"(book site)

and there wasn't much of a description

but what is there sounds interesting?

Would like to check it out, my book pile is high but will keep my eyes open for it now.

Thanks for the reviews up here!

What Micheal said ~

"... in more detail is there listed Stillness-Movement Qigong complete with the acupuncture Pt. sequence"

If this is done well, with good descriptions and hopefully some pictures,

This in it's self would be well worth 25 bucks?

Have purchased some flippin' horrific acupuncture books for much more, LOL.

So Micheal? Is this description good?

After it was printed were you satisfied with it yourself?

Thank you,

Shon

Have you posted the sequence anyplace here?

Do You find a difference in the time that it is practiced?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Tao Bums! Thanks for the much needed review. I had hoped I could provide it but it didn't work out. So I am glad someone else stepped up. I'm glad the workshop was so positive for you. I hope I get to go to one soon.

Regards,

Tyler