seekeroftruth

Michael Lomax

What Micheal said ~

"... in more detail is there listed Stillness-Movement Qigong complete with the acupuncture Pt. sequence"

If this is done well, with good descriptions and hopefully some pictures,

This in it's self would be well worth 25 bucks?

Have purchased some flippin' horrific acupuncture books for much more, LOL.

So Micheal? Is this description good?

After it was printed were you satisfied with it yourself?

Thank you,

Shon

Have you posted the sequence anyplace here?

Do You find a difference in the time that it is practiced?

Thanks!

The Stillness-Movement method IS listed; but the core of what I teach does require the "lighting the fire" and "opening the gates" part by attending a workshop. I project qi to raise the energy body's vibration rate. Then the student goes home and practices Stillness-Movement based on this new level. It would take much longer if a person just started practicing from reading the book. Initially, the student would only be doing stillness and not have the higher vibrational movement if they practiced only from the book.

After it was printed were you satisfied with it yourself?

Ha! Interesting question. The book was published several years ago. But the core of what I have learned has not changed; in fact this core is blazing brightly. Could I have worded or described everything better? Of course one can say that there are always ways to improve. What I did when I wrote the book was simply get into the "qi state" whenever I sat to write. Sometimes, even I was surprised at what came out as it was not exactly what I had been "thinking" of writing when I sat down. The book is what it is and what it was meant to be.

Shon, if you feel a resonance with the book, go ahead and get it; perhaps it can help you with your journey. If you don't then save your money. If you purchase direct from me I'll refund purchase price less shipping cost if you are not satisfied.

Do You find a difference in the time that it is practiced?

If you are asking about time of day, there are no bad times to practice. When Master Wang was asked this he replied, "I practice 24 hours a day." I would say the same thing if asked.

• Like 1

Hi Tracy, glad to hear you had a positive experience.

The 'injection' of qi by the teacher is a necessary part of the process. I also learnt from another teacher of similar lineage who also projected energy to get you started. The Emei system is one of the few systems I have encountered that concentrates on specific methods of developing 'projection' abilities. I am also glad you brought up the point about the fact that qigong has to be respected, it is not for showing off or performing magic tricks at cocktail parties, it is for healing and alleviating pain, if this is your path and you have a genuine desire to follow it, it will pay you back in satisfaction and good health, if you abuse it the result will be disastrous. In Michael's book he emphasizes the necessity that you try to be a good person, this is not moralizing but a necessary ingredient

If anyone on this forum bought this book direct from me and is unhappy with it for any reason please return it with your purchase receipt for a full refund. I cannot, however, control purchases made from a distributor.

Bumping this one. Any new book or DVD reviews?

While what I have learnt and Michael's system may have some fundamental differences I am increasingly resonating with his replies and his book is appealing to me (perhaps the advertising in the .sig is working :lol: )

US$25 is what I would call cheap. I've got to replace my Kunlun book and the color one is now $39.95. I'm a bit of a collector and would not mind a signed copy but with free shipping from bookdepository it's hard to go past that. I also prefer stories over instructional books.

p.s. Chrome does not seem to display http://www.qigongamerica.com very well

Damn...the more I learn about Stillness-Movement the more convinced I am I must find a way to learn it. I so badly want to learn Michael's Qi Gong. I think it would be a fantastic compliment to KAP practices.

*sigh*

Sometimes I wish Stillness-Movement were offered via Webcam and Skype (or UStream) the way KAP classes are. But I'm guessing one loses out on not having the Qi Field effect generated at the workshops.

I'm trying to find a place that will donate space for a workshop. So far the places I've contacted have shot me down.

hehe, yes there seem to be a bit of standing discussion happening at the moment. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what stillness movement is a ZZ practice.

There is only so much time in the day and standing is a time intensive practice. I'm thinking of asking Santi about it too. BTW Tao doesn't "zap" much during his lessons, you might really enjoy what Sant does in his classes, it was a real eye opener for me. Distance is no barrier.

Although I don't have the time to do all of KAP 1&2 now and PSD is going to add in even more stuff :D

hehe, yes there seem to be a bit of standing discussion happening at the moment. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what stillness movement is a ZZ practice....

More info on TTB about what I teach:

http://www.thetaobums.com/Review-Stillness...009-t10576.html

http://www.thetaobums.com/Stillness-Moveme...omax-t9456.html

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=7783&st=0

While all standing forms have a similar component Stillness-Movement standing does have differences than ZZ. Stillness-Movement has standing, sitting, walking, sleeping/dreaming, running, tree, - qigong components.

Sorry about the chrome thing. I have optimized for firefox.

Sent you a PM offering to cover the shipping cost of the book for free if you want it. I'll extend this offer for free shipping to any TTBer that wants the book.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

I read the book 3 times before going to a Stillness Movement workshop. In fact it was the book and Michael's posts here on TTB which convinced me to go. The story part was enjoyable to read. The instructional part gives a summary of the core of what Michael teaches. I also like the summary of important points at the end. However, you are not going to learn how to do Stillness Movement from the book and I think it should be mostly used as a reference.

• Like 2

Just finished the aforementioned book. A Joseph Campbell quote comes to mind: "The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are...to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match nature with Nature." The secret of this book is in the energy transmission (if you are open and ready).

Many blessings Michael.

Shon, if you feel a resonance with the book, go ahead and get it; perhaps it can help you with your journey. If you don't then save your money. If you purchase direct from me I'll refund purchase price less shipping cost if you are not satisfied.

I have the book and also took class from Lomax. Honestly don't understand what people are raving about. I can only speak for myself and Kunlun was certainly something I would do over and over again rather than the Stillness movement thing (love you Max).

Does this offer on returning the book still hold good? I got it directly off the website and want to return it. If yes, I will mail you directly. I am impressed with all the feedback about Lomax here and want to check if people write this stuff here because he insists? If people genuinely find his work useful, I am happy for them.

• Like 1

Hmm...How does somebody "insist" on good writeups? Please be more clear (if possible). I can only account for my experience. I read the book and enjoyed it on many levels. Never met the man in person. Hope this helps.

You know, it's more polite to send a private message if you want to return his book. Just because you didn't get something from it, doesn't mean that it's worthless.

I don't practice his system, but I see that it can be good.

• Like 1

...want to check if people write this stuff here because he insists?

Honest question: ARE YOU SERIOUS???

There is certain flaw in your thinking. IF people are writing "this stuff because he insists" they would likely not share it openly, right?

I can tell you for sure though: QUITE TO THE CONTRARY!!!

Does this offer on returning the book still hold good? I got it directly off the website and want to return it. If yes, I will mail you directly.

This is like buying a chair from IKEA, using it a week and then giving it back because somehow one did not really like it...

come on!

If you feel I stepped you on the toe... don't usually do it, but I am in the mood right now.

:)

Harry

Booktreasure:

You make a very good point about the class. Only those who actually practice Stillness-Movement will get any benefit. So for anyone thinking of attending that is unwilling to actually practice the method, save your money! Anyone who attends with their cup already full and is unwilling to put the work in will NOT like this class. Thanks again for making this point.

Book return policy

• Like 2

I am impressed with all the feedback about Lomax here and want to check if people write this stuff here because he insists? If people genuinely find his work useful, I am happy for them.

Michael neither coerced nor asked for my comments about his classes and book. I'm just sharing my experiences hoping that others might benefit from them as I have benefited from their postings here.

When I came into the class I was not sure about what I was going to do, but I was open to the possibilities and to committing the time if I felt it was worthwhile. When I took the class Michael asked that I spend 100 days practicing Stillness-Movement. I had strong results early on, but it really took about 10 weeks for me to be sure that this practice was for me.

I just finished reading the book on Amazon Kindle. It was easy to read... even for non fluent enlish speaking swiss guys ;)I liked the book and I'll give the SM-neigong-exercise a try :)

It does not differ a lot of what I'm doing...

Edited by Kronos

- I read the book in a single night and enjoyed it immensely.

-I've been doing Gift of the Tao for a couple of months as well and have found immense benefit in doing it.

-I look forward to doing Stillness Movement in the future. Current circumstances have not allowed me. -_-

- I read the book in a single night and enjoyed it immensely.

-I've been doing Gift of the Tao for a couple of months as well and have found immense benefit in doing it.

-I look forward to doing Stillness Movement in the future. Current circumstances have not allowed me. -_-

Hey Tao Apprentice,

When you do Gift of the Tao, do you normally do it with the DVD or just by yourself? I've found there to be an immense amount of more energy when doing it along with the DVD versus when I do it alone.

Hey Tao Apprentice,

When you do Gift of the Tao, do you normally do it with the DVD or just by yourself? I've found there to be an immense amount of more energy when doing it along with the DVD versus when I do it alone.

When i was first learning i did it with the DVD however i have not done so since. I will try it out.

Booktreasure:

You make a very good point about the class. Only those who actually practice Stillness-Movement will get any benefit. So for anyone thinking of attending that is unwilling to actually practice the method, save your money! Anyone who attends with their cup already full and is unwilling to put the work in will NOT like this class. Thanks again for making this point.

Book return policy

I just downloaded the book onto my Kindle. I love reading about people's stories.

Did you have a good time in England with Brett and the rest? How was the site you had for practice? Would you recommend it for a weekend group?

Namaste,

Susan