Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Kung Fu Panda

OK, dont laugh. I just watched Kung Fu Panda and it is actually a pretty good allegorical story of enlightenment in the Taoist tradition. It even has the old master ascending, a middle master training the new master. It's a three level allegorical story like The Lord of the Rings except being Taoist instead of Christian. I guess all truths are the same at the level of spiritual cultivation though. It also uses every cliche and it is rip roaring funny!

Funniest part of the movie. My girlfriend and I watched this part over and over laughing our butt off! I hope this is as funny if you haven't seen the whole movie. Don't worry, its only 14 seconds long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQNwHkIiac

Lol I just watched first time last night too.

Good movie

the clips been pulled for copyright infringement. :(

but great film, ive seen it at least 6 times (one of the benefits/banes of having children)

Kung Fu Panda is excellent. I get called "the kung fu panda" and I'm very happy with that.

It addresses most of the classic martial arts myths. Obviously I wanted a bit more from Mantis :) and Sifu was a bit mean, but that turned out to be understandable.

My current Siamese Fighting Fish is called Po, he is a little dragon warrior :D

Yeah, I know, I just LOVE Oogway! They really managed to bring the feeling of an authentic Taoist sage with him, to a higher level than what I had expected. He actually imparted some real wisdom there! :)

It was just so perfect when he dissolved back into the Tao, I have to admit, I almost choked up on that one... Haha Not because it was sad, but because it was so perfect! ;)

If you haven't seen the movie DO! Not only for Oogway, it's good fun too. I laughed at the father-son relationship between the panda and the duck many times! ;)

My girlfriend was a bit skeptical about watching the movie but she has a pet turtle and as soon as she saw the great master was a turtle she was hooked. I talk about ascension alot but I think she gets what I am talking about now that she has seen it in this cartoon. Oogway does some Tai Chi and then ascends..... it was perfect.

Did you know that in China it is a peach of immotality that the heavenly woman offers the questing hero and not a cup of immortality like the holy grail in the west? The symbols in Kung Fu Panda are really deep if you can see them.

(I get inspiration in strange places... so sue me. :rolleyes: )

haha I started practicing kung fu everyday..... 1,928 days ago because the 11/08/2003 was the last episode of

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I wanted to do something special to remember it :D Great Show

It's a pretty good movie. I'm buying it on Blu-ray, but watched in in theaters as well. My wife and I watched it both in the theaters because of its somewhat realistic Chinese themes.

haha I started practicing kung fu everyday..... 1,928 days ago because the 11/08/2003 was the last episode of

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I wanted to do something special to remember it :D Great Show

Kung Fu Panda was great........

....my interest in Eastern culture and philosophy was started by watching "Big Trouble in Little China" about a hundred times when I was a teen........and, truth be told.......I still watch it every so often.....cause it's awesome. B)

memories of the 80's :)

No spoilers please cause I'm only up to the 3rd season but anyone watching

Avitar the Last Airbender

very good.

"Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung-fu skills were the stuff of legend!"

LOL. saw it last night and laughed my taobum off.

Yes that intro dream sequence is just hilarious, then you wake up back at home :(

How many of us did that as kids, I wanted to be "Monkey"

Yes that intro dream sequence is just hilarious, then you wake up back at home :(

How many of us did that as kids, I wanted to be "Monkey"

Lol, I loved that dream sequence. "There is no price for awesomeness. Or attractiveness." I want to be someone like Master Oogway. It would be nice to die that way.

Sign in to follow this