Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Strict rules of Taoism make sense with Nature

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

EDIT: Summary; The Tao is the Tao, until you give it rules. Patterns in cycles is all we can see, and in them, change is inherent.

I say the Buddha was not a Buddhist and Lau Tzu was not a Taoist. Buddhist for example is someone on the path to Buddhahood, so once the goal is reached they are not longer a Buddhist, but a Buddha, or one who is awake. The Buddha is also the only one guy in Buddhism that did not get hung up reading books on Buddhism. Lau Tzu never studied the Tao Te Ching, he studied life and wrote the book.

As for the "rules" of nature, "it may rain, if a Tiger bites you, you may die, if you hit someone, you may get hit back... "

It is always midday somewhere, it is always day and always night, somewhere. In a desert it is nearly always dry, at sea it is often windy, ..

Tao is, if anything, relativity and balance, to say, ok, I will take my raincoat in a bag in case it rains. In Thailand, where days and nights are pretty much 12 hours each all the year, it rains for 3 months and is dry for 9, the rain may still catch you in the sunny season, a dry spell may catch you in the rainy. Then ask a Newzealander or English person when the next rain will be, and they will tell you to wait 30 minutes. At any time of year it can and does rain, as and when it pleases.

When we look at nature we see great and small cycles, these cycles are part of a greater cycle, up and up, down and down. Many cycles affect one another, even if they don't appear to, then they are all linked, are all one. That is true, cycles, patterns. Yet, put people in a foreign country and ask them to predict rain... They may get it wrong more than right. For sure it will rain one day, when? Ask them to place a two sticks where the shadows will align at 10am. They could do it after a few days, not one. In their own forest, they could do it straight away, in a foreign land, not.

You could say that the one rule is death, yet we know that death too is a cycle, so the rule becomes deaths plural not singular, and there too we see a cycle. Rules are in fact patterns that appear strict by their relativity to our own patterns. Flexibility to possibilities is the way, is it not?

Edited by picnic

Sign in to follow this