Did I SAY I had cramps? No! Luckily there are also many alternatives to sex with Ron Jeremy if one has cramps...excercise, lobelia, cramp bark, Midol, etc.

HERE I AM BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6205[/snapback]

Well maybe all those cultures revered menstration, but I think there's a good chance that there's a lot of recent apologetic revisionism going on. Women were not thought of very positively in Christianity, Judiasm, Hinduism, and Buddhism, etc so the philosophy re: menstration would reflect that. Eve, suttee, can't be enlightened as a female, can't show your face in Islam and on and on. It would be delightful if I were completely wrong about all that, though. Fortunately, all that does seem to be changing quickly.

-Yoda

Lozen,

I don't know about the unclean thing. I'd heard also that many cultures (including Judaism) viewed it as unclean, but the truth is I've never investigated it and you raise some really interesting points.

I had heard the concept that menstration is a period of power (from a Wiccan I went out with) but, again, I've never really investigated the issue.

The taoist perspective doesn't have to do with clean/unclean or good/bad, however. They look at it -- like they look at a lot of things -- in terms of energy. Every reference to menstration in the daoist stuff I've read has been to energy loss. Yes, child birth causes more energy loss but menstration is right up there with ejaculation for men.

This also tends to parallel my own experiences. Most women I know loose energy during menstration.

Finally, loosing energy during menstration doesn't necessarily contradict the fact that the time of menstration is a "power period" as my wiccan friend might say, or that menstual blood can be energetically potent. It may well be that women are very powerful at those times, but it may also be that that are powerful precisely because all this energy is flowing out of them (much like various magik practices that use the moment of male orgasm to accomplish things).

Did I SAY I had cramps? No! Luckily there are also many alternatives to sex with Ron Jeremy if one has cramps...excercise, lobelia, cramp bark, Midol, etc.

6217[/snapback]

ONCE YA TRY DA MAHALINGAM YA WONT GO BACK TO YER POTIONS NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

AS FAR AS RAGGIN, YA BE SAYIN WHAT ME BE SAYIN IN THAT PUSY BLOOD BE A CARIER O IN-CUM-PLETE PSYCCHIC CADDAVER.

YA DONT WANNA CALL IT DIRTY?

COOL.

THEN LETS CALL IT INFECTIOUS.

THEN AS FAR AS JUDAISM BE CUM-CERNED, I CAN TELL YA THAT ISRAEL BE DA NUMBER ONE COUNTRY INVOLVED IN WHITE SLAVVERY SO-CALLED AKA EASTERN EUROPPEAN WOMEN SEMI-SLAVE PROSTITUTION RINGS, SO I GUES THAT BE A PRO-WOMAN ATITUDE HUH??

OR MABBE YA BE TALKIN ONLY ABOUT ASHKENAZI WOMMEN BUT *NOT* GOY WOMMEN???

RJ

Okay, you're back on ignore. :P

ONCE YA TRY DA MAHALINGAM YA WONT GO BACK TO YER POTIONS NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

AS FAR AS RAGGIN, YA BE SAYIN WHAT ME BE SAYIN IN THAT PUSY BLOOD BE A CARIER O IN-CUM-PLETE PSYCCHIC CADDAVER.

YA DONT WANNA CALL IT DIRTY?

COOL.

THEN LETS CALL IT INFECTIOUS.

THEN AS FAR AS JUDAISM BE CUM-CERNED, I CAN TELL YA THAT ISRAEL BE DA NUMBER ONE COUNTRY INVOLVED IN WHITE SLAVVERY SO-CALLED AKA EASTERN EUROPPEAN WOMEN SEMI-SLAVE PROSTITUTION RINGS, SO I GUES THAT BE A PRO-WOMAN ATITUDE HUH??

OR MABBE YA BE TALKIN ONLY ABOUT ASHKENAZI WOMMEN BUT *NOT* GOY WOMMEN???

RJ

6225[/snapback]

Very interesting points Spyrelx.

I will say my cramps have all but disappeared and flow has gotten much lighter since I stopped using tampons and the Keeper and done work to nourish yin, blood and liver. Including healing sounds.

I don't know if I feel that it is a loss of energy but will pay attention to it.

Okay, you're back on ignore.  :P

6226[/snapback]

THANKS TO DA EVVERLASTIN TAO!!!

NOW KEEP IT ON!!!!

PLUS DONT BUST OUR HUEVOS WITH THIS YUKKY GUYS-GOTTA- EAT-PUSY-BLOOD ABOMMINATION NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

YA RUIN MINE APITITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N THAT AINT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AARRGGHH!!

Spyrelx & Yoda

most of the troubles I mention I really had/have, but I have already found my own conclusions to it through discussions of the past. Thing is: there are still some things I just don't get and want to be sure about & you guys and all that responded have helped me a lot to see through the "forest of confused information"...

THANKX :D

Harry

You can say it was because women were impure that they were allowed to hang out with their sistas, but I'm not sure that was the reason before the Europeans came down... It doesn't sound like it from talking to the people I know.

i don't say. they say. obviously there are conflicting sources from within the cultures themselves. bottom line is, i don't care. what i do care about is accuracy, and since i don't know what it is in this case, i'll avoid drawing conclusions either way.

this leads to a broader issue which has little to do with orgasms. some people have a lot of misconceptions of primitive cultures, myelf included. i can't tell you how many times i was disappointed to learn certain things. for example, the peaceful loveable hawaiians were actually a warlike and tyranical culture that practiced human sacrifice and executed people for stepping on the shadow of a chieftain. not a stellar example of harmonious huamn existence or tolerance.

the iroquois were another lot full of treachery. they were like the US to the indian world--imperilaistic and dictating internal policy to neighboring tribes. they also tortured prisoners beofre excuting them.

none of this stuff started to suddenly happen when white people showed up. it went on for centuries before any contact with white people. i suppose if we wanna have this discussion we should start a new thread.

my point is that anyone nowadyas with a particualr political, social, or spiritual agenda will find some way to justify it thru these nice, kinder gentler primitive societies that were so much more enlightened than we are. they weren't. hell, even bush supporteres find their analogies among the apache and so forth. i remember one debate on one fo the tracker lists about how geronimo would be all for the US and another saying no, geronimo would be totally iraqi and probably summoned the sandstorm at the intiation of the war. silly silly stuff.

find the truth inside yourself.

Spyrelx & Yoda

most of the troubles I mention I really had/have, but I have already found my own conclusions to it through discussions of the past. Thing is: there are still some things I just don't get and want to be sure about & you guys and all that responded have helped me a lot to see through the "forest of confused information"...

THANKX  :D

Harry

6230[/snapback]

Hey Harry,

It was my pleasure.

You might also want to look at a few of my recent posts on the taousa forum. Follow the thread from losboogie called Separating Orgasm From Ejaculation. Some similar things were discussed.

Good luck.

Yes and the Apache also beat the shit out of their wives, as well as cutting off their noses if t hey were unfaithful. Lots of torture there, too. Obviously there exist good and bad people and good and bad policies between each tribe and culture. I don't feel like I'm idealizing anybody. However I do feel that the majority of indigenous cultures honored menstruation, just like they honored the earth. And there are many many many many coming of age ceremonies in a lot of different tribes that prove this. Finding the truth inside myself--I think I already found it by experiencing one of these ceremonies first hand. It wasn't easy. Anyways, I am willing to drop this topic now. But I'll find my list of resources, though.

Hey Harry,

It was my pleasure.

You might also want to look at a few of my recent posts on the taousa forum.  Follow the thread from losboogie called Separating Orgasm From Ejaculation.  Some similar things were discussed.

Good luck.

6241[/snapback]

Ah man. I know. I am the oldh-Harry over there... luckily it does not have that much to do with luck... but with "hard"-work...

Harry

Lozen--

the question of whether or not women were honored is a tricky one. I know a Hasidic Rabbi who is very loving and honoring, but his flock is way back in the 1400s when it comes to feminism--women are bald with horsehair wigs, sit in the back of the temple, don't participate in the service, get arranged marriages, etc. All this in Denver, CO! I love the guy, he's an amazing enlightened teacher who honors women, but the manner that gets expressed is a bit retro. The tradition would claim that all these practices came about as ways to honor women... right.

I think a lot of other traditions are busy trying to slap on a happy face to their cultural red herrings too.

-Yoda

Okay, you're probably talking to the wrong person about this. My views on gender politics would get me slapped around by my more feminist friends. But the reason women don't participate in the service is because they are ALREADY in touch with Binah, or intuition, so they don't need reminders a million times a day like the men do to stay in touch with Spirit. They are not forbidden from attending the services. And yes, in traditional Orthodox Judaism the primary focus for women is on taking care of their children and the home. But I don't know if I believe there is anything wrong with that.

I do not agree with all aspects of Orthodox Judaism, of course not-- but I'm starting to think that maybe the thought that women were oh-so-oppressed for so long is incorrect, because that thought implies women were stupid and let themselves be oppressed for so long. Maybe some of the things that we consider oppression were actually better... I'm gonna get flamed for this, I just know it, and maybe I am idealizing the past, but I'd rather have a guy tip his hat when I come into a room so as not to disturb me with eye contact than worry about people staring at me when I walk into a room... These are all grey areas, of course, but I wonder how much women have really been helped by "women's rights"--I mean we live in a country where women have more rights than anywhere else in the world, than any other time period, and when you look at the common issues facing pre-adolescent girls (rape, sexual assault, bulimia, anorexia, low self-esteem, drugs, etc. etc. etc.) it seems like it is a lot worse than it was decades ago. Say what you will about them, but if you talk to a lot of girls in a lot of traditional religious homes (Mormon, Jewish, even Buddhist or Christian) they don't seem to have these problems quite as much. Of course, I'm generalizing. It probably has more to do with good families than religion, but it does seem that some religions help with establishing good values...

Oh and one more thing--Orthodox Judaism is equally if not more condemning of sperm than it is of menstrual fluid. No wasting seed, period. This is Orthodox Judaism. No condoms, no masturbation, nothing.

Lozen--

A dry tradition! My Rabbi said not to waste seed b/c that gives birth to kids on a psychic level... I sort of understood that as wasting psychic energy.

implies women were stupid and let themselves be oppressed

Excellent point. I hadn't considered that angle before.

-Yoda

Spyrelx--

I just caught up on reading the healing tao forum. How about you tell us how long you have retained and I'll tell you about Winn's imaginary friend.

-Yoda

excellent assessment, lozen. screw your feminist friends!

you know, the women here in china, though fully in favor of liberation and equal rights, at the same time have a lot of scorn for western feminism. the whole "Ms." thing, which i have to explain in Business English, is confusing to them.

the times i found business partners to be most open and laid back were among the american indians and the chinese. they didn't have a lto fo uptight notions about sex roles and people were able to joke freely with each other, even raunchily at times.

i remember at a conference with some navajo, ojibwe, lakota, yupik, chupik, tigua, and a coupleof others we were writing this report for the government. during one of the breaks i told the facilitator, who was a navajo this joke:

Q: what's the difference between the rolling stones and a scotsman?

A: the rolling stones say, "hey, you, get off o my cloud!" a scotsman says "hey mccloud, got off o my ewe!"

well anyway, after the break, he gives some inspiring introduction to the next section and then goes on to tell the group how he's like to 'come to my brother peter here, who told me something remarkable during the break. peter would youlike to share?"

and i'm thinking, what the fuck is he talking about. so he tells me to tell him what i told him about the rolling stones. holy shit! i thought. they got some pencilneck form washington spying on us (they really did) and he wants me to tell a dirty joke! it took some convincing. i was more concerned about killing theior project due to adolescence than i was with offending anyone, as those of you who know me know.

so anyway, i told the joke. and the pencilneck jsut about had a seizure--from laughing too much! it changed the whole meeting. we even played a game at some point where all the men and women had to touch each other's asses. evryone had a good laugh.

i get my chinese students into similar games to break the ice and teach them some "real" english once in a while, which they love. maybe it's because of this anchor of traditionalism or semitraditionalism that makes it possible.

political correctness is right out in these cultures--navajo and chinese. you should hear the nicknames they give each other like fat girl, or jap, or stinky. and no one seems to mind. learned some good midget jokes from the medicine men too.

Hand in hand with feminism is an abolishing of male courtesy, modesty and respect for women's bodies. Which, by the way, you demonstrated yourself quite well today on this forum. And I'm not talking about this thread.

I think the point I'm making is very different than the one you are making... because part of what I learned about what it means to be a woman is that sexuality is sacred and not profane.

You can't have it both ways, ya know.

Hand in hand with feminism is an abolishing of male courtesy, modesty and respect for women's bodies. Which, by the way, you demonstrated yourself quite well today on this forum. And I'm not talking about this thread.

I think the point I'm making is very different than the one you are making... because part of what I learned about what it means to be a woman is that sexuality is sacred and not profane.

6261[/snapback]

this may be true. but how is sacred expressed? and how is profanity expressed? this is a very thorny issue.

i remember one night at tracker school everyone was sitting around the fire telling dirty jokes. someone remarked that they didn't think Grandfather would appreciate our behavior and then walked away indignantly. later on, tom told us how in the middle of a sacred ceremony grandfather would crack a dirty joke and then continue with the ritual. i've been in sweat lodges with natives who do similar things. there's purpose to this.

ron, bless his soul, does a lot of sacred things on this board in his own inimicable style, and i'm grateful for his presence here. so what exactly is sacred and what exactly is profane, and, how are they properly expressed? you might not be able to have it both ways, but either way can be fun and spontaneous, or boring and overly serious. finding the balance is important and doing it with your own personal medicine is important too rather than according to someone else's prescription.

sacredness is not an excuse to stop rejoicing in the wonders that surround us.

after sleeping on this i have decided that you can have it both ways, and that it is important to do so!

Good for you. I have a friend who's been lurking on these forums for as long as I've been posting, who's been practicing taiji since she was a child, who has a lot to say and offer, who has not and will not post because of people trying to have it both ways. And she's not a feminist.

after sleeping on this i have decided that you can have it both ways, and that it is important to do so!

6287[/snapback]

Good for you. I have a friend who's been lurking on these forums for as long as I've been posting, who's been practicing taiji since she was a child, who has a lot to say and offer, who has  not and will not post because of people trying to have it both ways. And she's not a feminist.

6290[/snapback]

SEND DA BITCH TO http://www.taobum.com/shieky/index.php THEN AARRGGHH!!

HEY! WTF!! ENUFF WITH THESE TRY-TO-CUM-VINCE-ME GAMES!!!

ONCE THEY STEP ON DA RING THEY ALL GET TREATED DA SAME!!!

IF YA DONT LIKE THAT DONT STEP ON DA RING!!!!!!!!!!!

IT AINT ANY SIMPLER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY HOME N DO DA DISHES THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, FUCK SPYRROLEX N SHIEKKY AS WELL, BAKSTABIN MUTHAFUKAS, MAY DA EVVERLASTIN TAO INFEST YER ARSEHOWLS WITH TERMITES POLESMOKERS!!!!

IN FAITH,

RJ