Sign in to follow this  
mike andre

tortured by "electric ants"

Hello,

I've developed an energetic problem.

When I do qigong or meditation, pressure builds in my neck and heart area leading to a feeling like little "electric ants" biting me on the arms, legs, and back.

Often the fiery "electric ants" feeling will stay with me for many hours afterwords making it impossible to sleep.

I've struggled with this for over a year and am at wits end. I can't practice with any real intensity especially meditation. :(

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any qigong healers to me who could potentially help me with this problem. I contacted Robert Peng in NYC and am on his waiting list. I would be very interested in hearing about anyone else though.

thanks

Hello,

When I do qigong or meditation, pressure builds in my neck and heart area leading to a feeling like little "electric ants" biting me on the arms, legs, and back.

Often the fiery "electric ants" feeling will stay with me for many hours afterwords making it impossible to sleep.

I've struggled with this for over a year and am at wits end. I can't practice with any real intensity especially meditation. :(

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any qigong healers to me who could potentially help me with this problem. I contacted Robert Peng in NYC and am on his waiting list. I would be very interested in hearing about anyone else though.

thanks

Years ago I had a similar situation, but just for one night. AT the time I was doing Chia method, so I used belly massage, chasing the winds, to get rid of it. It was long time ago, so I wouldn't be able to describe better what I did, but you might want to give a try with a chi nei chang practitioner. Especially one that knows how to work with the winds of the body (it's not explained in the first course of CNT, either the second or the third). I hope this helps.

Also later on I found a description of the various types of chi, and I recognised this among them. So it is a well known state. So I would also try some good TCM practitioners.

Sorry, I cannot be more precise,

hopefully someone else on the board migth help you better.

Pietro

P.S: I just reread your message. My experience was of a biting chi all over the body. You mention that is caused by pressure in the neck and head. Check that you are not compressing the veins in the front of the neck. They are sometimes compressed, leading to a sense of pressure in the ehad, as the blood is not allowed back in the heart. I don't know how this would give biting ants on the rest of the body (circulatory problems?), but I would also give a look at that.

Hi Mike,

Firstly congratulations on this result :) A result is exacly what it is ... a result.

Pietro has given you some excellent advice. When working with energy it is important not to overlook simple biological causes for the sensations we are experiencing.

Also check out: Energy Problem

To me it sounds like you have an overactive Xin, heart/mind. Practice more deep abdominal breathing to get energy moving and remember to curl your tongue to the roof of your mouth to keep the circuits open. Seeing a TCM professional is one of the best things you can do though.

Blessing Mike,

Hello,

thanks

I think the "9 bottled breath" meditation should help, which is a variation of left right and both nostril pranayamas. Its meant to clear passages.

As far as TCM, most dont know about energetic problems of cultivators. I had a similar problem and went to a TCM doctor and she didnt know jack shit. They are trained in regular people problems.

And most people who gave me advice were talking straight out of their arses, even the people who know about energy things. The reason is, its more complicated than what they think. I can say the ants feeling is normal for Kundalini people and its qi breaking through the skin.

The fact is you can practise or meditate through it, and better to not wait for a savior that probably doesnt exist. How else do you plan on making progress so that the qi doesnt affect your skin nerves as it does? In time these guests will leave. There are many different kinds of meditations. I'm in the same boat as you, and I think of this issue very often. If you find a magic wand, let me know.

You might pm Vajrasattva about it. He says he his KAP approach has a good track record for dealing with this sort of thing.

ALWAYS check out physiological causes of problems. See your doctor.

That said, I had this same phenomena about 20 years ago.

PM me with your location and I will see if I know a Clinical Qigong person near you. I would also be glad to see if I could help; but better to see someone near enough to get follow up treatment.

Sign in to follow this