Sign in to follow this  
gossamer1951

SEAN PLEASE HELP ME

Dear Sean,

This is 'gossamer'.

In the last 24 hours, I've had to get 5 different ID's before this one would work.

There is a new member on Tao Bums who is hacking your server.

I can tell you who he is (suffice it to say that 'Crow' is a part of his name), if you'd like to send me a PM.

I would like to have my original 'gossamer' ID BACK AGAIN.

I CAN'T sign out because if I DO, he'll change my ID again.

I've caused NO trouble on this forum, and I've tried to get along with everyone.

But he persists in following me everywhere on the net that I go.

He just managed to get me thrown off another forum where I had been a member for SEVEN YEARS, and they banned me forever.

This guy is basically a chaos magician, and a very good hacker, I really NEED YOUR HELP.

Just tell me what to do, and how I can get back my original ID which he stole.

I tried to put this in the TECHNICAL SECTION, but it said that I don't have permission to post there.

PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS, gossamer

Edited by gossamer1951

Gossamer,

A very specific question. Describe EXACTLY, WITHOUT going off on a tangent, "I've had to get 5 different ID's before this one would work"

This is what I want to now. example follows

"I signed up as a new user "gossamer1951" @ 7PM with a password. I closed my wed browser. When I restarted at 7:30pm and tried to log in, the error message I got is...."

I know of your ongoing problem. BUT honestly someone hacking TTB to chang your "user ID" is..... nonsensical :blink:

Confused

Dear Mal,

You see, most people are like you.

It's really easier to believe that I'm NUTS (what's your word "nonsensical") then to simply believe that I'm telling THE TRUTH.

I used FOUR (4) OTHER e-mail accounts, and 4 other various versions of "gossamer" before this one worked.

I'm using a Linux Operating System ('Ubuntu'), and I did NOT write down all of the things that it told me was happening.

Yeah, I SHOULD have, but I was frustrated, and I didn't.

I have absolutely NO REASON to make all of this up.

And I'm NOT trying to get attention.

I just want to be able to keep writing here, and not worry that the next time that I HAVE TO sign out, that my member ID, will be gone again.

As Fox Mulder might say: "The Truth is Out There (in more ways than ONE)."

Maybe you could suspend your disbelief, just this one time, and give me a break.

Peace, gossamer

Gossamer,

A very specific question. Describe EXACTLY, WITHOUT going off on a tangent, "I've had to get 5 different ID's before this one would work"

This is what I want to now. example follows

"I signed up as a new user "gossamer1951" @ 7PM with a password. I closed my wed browser. When I restarted at 7:30pm and tried to log in, the error message I got is...."

I know of your ongoing problem. BUT honestly someone hacking TTB to chang your "user ID" is..... nonsensical :blink:

Confused

Yeah, I SHOULD have, but I was frustrated, and I didn't.

I have absolutely NO REASON to make all of this up.

And I'm NOT trying to get attention.

I AM TRYING to believe you, but I can't understand what is happening. Nonsensical= not making sense.

So lets forget the past, "gossamer1951" is currently working..... by "I CAN'T sign out because if I DO, he'll change my ID again." To me this means changing "gossamer1951" to "xxxx" I don't like talking in absolutes but I just can't see how this can be done.

Trying to log back into "gossamer1951" and you password not working, I could understand that

(does your browser use cookies /remember passwords for sites, that could cause those sort of problems)

Dear Mal,

Yes, Ubuntu remembers cookies, etc.

Let me give you an example of one of his recent crazy doings.

He has me blocked from writing book reviews at Amazon.com.

I was one of their (Amazon's) top 10,000 Reviewers......(whew ho! my five minutes of fame) and this pissed him off.

So, I went to Barnes and Noble and wrote a review of a book that he'd been blocking me reviewing at Amazon.com

So.........he goes to Barnes and Noble, and replaces my (real) name with "Anonymous".

He didn't take out my review, he only removed MY NAME.

Now, let's look at this:

1. He has to get into Barnes and Noble's servers and hack them.

2. He cares enough that he removes my name from the review.

3. Why would he waste his time and energy doing this?

4. BECAUSE HE'S A SOCIO-PATH, and he likes to fuck with my mind.

Nobody in their right mind would persue someone all over the internet FOR SIX YEARS.

But you can't judge a socio-path because they absolutely have NO CONSCIENCE, and they will persue their "enemies" relentlessly.

It doesn't BOTHER them to torment someone, in fact, it's a kind of sport for them.

But one day someone will kill him. Simple as THAT.

Laozi tells us that people like him do NOT die a natural death.

And I believe that this is a true teaching.

Peace, gossamer

I AM TRYING to believe you, but I can't understand what is happening. Nonsensical= not making sense.

So lets forget the past, "gossamer1951" is currently working..... by "I CAN'T sign out because if I DO, he'll change my ID again." To me this means changing "gossamer1951" to "xxxx" I don't like talking in absolutes but I just can't see how this can be done.

Trying to log back into "gossamer1951" and you password not working, I could understand that

(does your browser use cookies /remember passwords for sites, that could cause those sort of problems)

Edited by gossamer1951

A very specific question. Describe EXACTLY, WITHOUT going off on a tangent , "I've had to get 5 different ID's before this one would work"

Can you see that part now?

Let me give you an example of one of his recent crazy doings.

Everything after the above ignored (o.k. it was an interesting story) because it does not help me understand your current problem here.

More absolutes

1. User ID's can't be changed here. (0% chance)

2. Someone hacking this site and changing your password. Dude it's not happening (1% chance cause its remotely possible)

3. A key logger on your computer tracking you inputting new user ID and password. Then using that info to log into your account and change your password, so that once you log out when you try to log in you (now) "old" password no longer works. Possible, because I'm going to believe you because of the long history of problems you are having with this person and also that you are a mature adult with a wife and you contribute to the forum so I want to help you. Without the before mentioned I would have said 4% chance but I'm going to go 19%

4. User error......80%

I'm doubtful there is anything Sean can do from this side of things UNLESS he can check how often a password is changed or when an account is logged in.

Much love :)

Mal

Dear Mal,

Once upon a time, your reply would have upset me.

I'm so used to being NOT believed, and thought of as a lunatic, that it's just par for the course now.

Yes, I'm about 90% certain that he has a keylogger on my computer too.

I appreciate your time Mal.

It's sad that our society thinks in terms of what it CAN or CANNOT believe in.

As Richard Bach writes: "NEVER limit the IS".

Peace, gossamer

Can you see that part now?

Everything after the above ignored (o.k. it was an interesting story) because it does not help me understand your current problem here.

More absolutes

1. User ID's can't be changed here. (0% chance)

2. Someone hacking this site and changing your password. Dude it's not happening (1% chance cause its remotely possible)

3. A key logger on your computer tracking you inputting new user ID and password. Then using that info to log into your account and change your password, so that once you log out when you try to log in you (now) "old" password no longer works. Possible, because I'm going to believe you because of the long history of problems you are having with this person and also that you are a mature adult with a wife and you contribute to the forum so I want to help you. Without the before mentioned I would have said 4% chance but I'm going to go 19%

4. User error......80%

I'm doubtful there is anything Sean can do from this side of things UNLESS he can check how often a password is changed or when an account is logged in.

Much love :)

Mal

Remember you have had 6 years to reach your conclusion, I've had this morning + your posts last time this happened. So I'm just letting you know where I stand. I like x files too, I WANT to believe you. If I thought you were a lunatic or deranged I would be ignoring you.

If it's keylogger you problems make sense. Including the book review one, (obliged to add it also adds evidence to user error and misremembered passwords)

TTB and what changes are made in the control panel, like changing a password. An IP address for where the assess is from would be great, but probably not easy unless it's automatically recorded.

A test you could try is using one user id on a "clean" computer like a library, only use it on that "clean" computer seeing if it is stable. If it is and then use it on your "suspect" computer.

If it then plays up there is a keylogger.

Here is something I believe in. Lets say a magician wanted to curse someone. They could make them miserable at will but why waist your energy because after a few choice curses that person will start to believe that everything "bad" or "unusual" happening to them is due to another curse.

Sign in to follow this