Sign in to follow this  
SiliconValley

Doomsday 2012

Okay, some of you are probably tired of doomsday prediction, and to tire you further, here is a Mayan version...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2056220249702121896

Not a bad one to watch actually ...

Yeah there have been a number of specials on the History channel that correlate the I-Ching and Mayan predictions to 2012.

The problem i have though is that when did the clock start ticking? Should we assume 2012 A.D.? Or did 2012 already pass (e.g., the Chinese calendar starts much earlier than our modern one).

Either way, we're all going to die some day. No use in speculating when, it's just a distraction.

Edit: I should've clicked the video first, this is the exact show that I had seen.

Edited by Unconditioned

Should we assume 2012 A.D.? Or did 2012 already pass

If you watch the video or read other related material, the Mayan scripture speaks not of a specific date but an astronomical event, which a few folks have interpreted as 2012 because that specific astronomical congregation occurs in Dec 2012.

If you watch the video or read other related material, the Mayan scripture speaks not of a specific date but an astronomical event, which a few folks have interpreted as 2012 because that specific astronomical congregation occurs in Dec 2012.

Good call, admitantly it has been a while since I've watched the documentary. I'll try to figure out "now" instead of "later" =)

All interesting none the less...

I can understand seriously considering it if you follow other Mayan customs- there religious or social ideas. But if you don't prescribe to the Mayanite viewpoint of anything, then why pick up on a single somewhat fuzzy concept? Othen then the drama? or to sell books and tv shows.

B)

I can understand seriously considering it if you follow other Mayan customs- there religious or social ideas. But if you don't prescribe to the Mayanite viewpoint of anything, then why pick up on a single somewhat fuzzy concept? Othen then the drama? or to sell books and tv shows.

B)

Because Mystery and Death are both very interesting topics... aka, they increase your ratings :) Or in a less cynical sense, they make people think about what might happen, not always a bad thing...

2012 is the date in our calender which coincides with the end of a world cycle in the Mayan calender. Its the passing from the '4th world' to the '5th world'. Its quite precise. Traditional mayan time keepers like Hunbatz Men, still keep the calender in an unbroken linage.

Their story is that this next passing can be good or bad depending on us.

Most of the crazy new age stuff you see is based on Jose Arguellas flawed interpretations of the original calender. For instance in july they have added 'A day out of time' :lol: to make the calender fit the year as they have not done it right in the first place. No such day obviously exists for the real Mayans.

Interestingly the Jewish calendar runs out on 2012 as well. I forget the name of the man that created it, several thousand years ago, but when asked why he ended it their, he answered that the Messiah would have returned by then so no one would need calenders.

I am not a believer really, but I am trying to make money out of people who are.

Seth: "I'll bet you $2000 that come 2013 we haven't all ascended into the 4th dimension" :lol:

Safe bet I know cause if i am wrong Ill just manifest $2000 with my 4th D brain powers...

Seth

Either way, we're all going to die some day. No use in speculating when, it's just a distraction.

I wouldn't call it a distraction. If you genuinely adopt the prediction that the world will end by 2012, then you have a pretty specific and rather short time line to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. It also raises larger spiritual questions. What is the purpose of spiritual development if the your existence is confined to the next four years? Even if you determine that it is still important, what can you realistically achieve in this timeframe? I think it's a very interesting discussion, although I am quite skeptical of apocalyptic prophecies.

The UFO thing was a recent prediction by a supposed medium. The mayan calendar is very old and it's not the only "system" to have a 2012 prediction. I dont think 2012 is an endtimes thing but I think it will be a monumental event. If by no other reason, nothing happens, then I think that will be the end all of predictions, setting alot of people free so to speak

Astrology is fine and all but...

...those really into the end of the world type scenarios might also want to look into the time period 2014-2016...I won't write more about it but if you look hard you might be able to find something that is slightly worrying...

HG

Astrology is fine and all but...

...those really into the end of the world type scenarios might also want to look into the time period 2014-2016...I won't write more about it but if you look hard you might be able to find something that is slightly worrying...

HG

Hmm

(digging out my Neon Genesis Evangelion Sepcial edition DVDs) :lol:

Seems to have something to do with the nag hamadi gospels :o

^_^

Interestingly the Jewish calendar runs out on 2012 as well. I forget the name of the man that created it, several thousand years ago, but when asked why he ended it their, he answered that the Messiah would have returned by then so no one would need calenders.

Not according to what I've been taught and read. Though one yeshiva I was at mentioned there is the writing, more folk tale really of each 1,000 year period being the equivalent of 1 day of creation. This year is 5769, so that clock has a lot of time left on it.

Michael

yKvID5JYJeg

Ok I watched the first video about mayan calendar and here is what I gathered in my usual verbatim format:

December 21, 2012 is the end of the long count and the mayan calendar as well as the end of a baktun period which is a recurring period of 20 years where a lot of change happens, what is a scientific fact at that time is there will be a planetary alignment, the rare (every 24000 years) alignment of the sun with the center of the milky way galaxy (what is not mentioned in the video is there is a very possible supermassive black hole at that center), as well as a change in earth's wobble or tilt or something, what happens then is not clear but the last page shows that the world will eventually be flooded and the surface will be blackened, the baktun prediction by a mayan priest for the baktun period 2012-2022 says that half the world will have famines and there will be major political changes. also the baktun after 2012 is numbered 14 not 0 which means that 2012 is not necessarily the end but a prelude for it.

remarks:

says that the police state measures will continue to increase in preparation for these famines to control the population from 250 million immigrants flooding the upper hemisphere.

the famines were also predicted in the islamic version of the end-times: Jesus will descend then kill the Dajjal and rule the world in a period of peace and bountifulness then he'll die and a 7 year famine will follow afterwards. but there are minor signs that could be anytime before, after, or during the major signs, these minor signs include the speeding of time, increase in death, murder, earthquakes, and tribulations.

Yeah there have been a number of specials on the History channel that correlate the I-Ching and Mayan predictions to 2012.

there was no mention of the I-Ching in this video but the symbols in the clock animation did look like the 8 trigrams.

Edited by Desert Eagle

When I first thought about this, I thought it was just another Y2K, but as I researched

more into it, I realize this is a real event that happens every 3600 years. My research

and logic tells me it will happen starting as early as 2011, when we will see again major enviromental

changes, extreme weather, melting glaciers. When the major event peaks at Dec 28, 2012, the earth will under go pole shifts that will cause major catastrophes on earth. Depending on the collective mind/body complex, whether positive "love" or negative "hate" will have tremendous effects on the outcome whether major earth quakes shake major cities around the world, as well as rising sea levels combined with earth

quakes will engulf the beaches.

You see every thought that we think is energy. When you take the whole human

race as a whole, we are essentially ONE being, thinking either positively or negatively. This

either affects the Earths magnetic shield. We either create holes in the shield or make it

stronger.

Unfortunately, I think the human race as a whole is negative. This means many many

people will die.

A new spiritual time or new earth can only take place if the OLD is cleansed or destroyed. When

the plate is cleaned, then new food can be added.

I encourage everyone to send out as much "love" as possible to everyone you meet and

do nightly prayers of love.

Edited by dragonfire

A friend, a gifted healer and a shaman, said something about DNA Activation and 2012. While I did not really pay much attention to her while she explained, she gave me a CD with some music from a guy named Shapeshifter and told me to listen to it for a while. It sounds good and relaxing but I am still trying to figure out how this music fits into 2012 and DNA activation and all that, if at all it does...

Edited by SiliconValley

Another way to scare people.

Impressive, yes; but do I believe in it? No. Probably because when I was a kid I was told to use my brains and think twice or more and then make decicions of what I believe in.

Yeah, I've seen a program about doomsday. And that would happen 21 december 2012 and also have read about it from internet. Very impressive but I still think it's only a way to fool people.

But still that planet Earth would be destroyed probably in 100 years is very possible taking into account wars and pollution etc.

Edited by mianguo

Sign in to follow this