Sign in to follow this  
The Genuine Article

Is Chi Something You Can feel?

In personal experience (which ain't much :lol: )I'd have to say absolutely yes, you do have to be aware though of who is teaching what as some allow it to be felt in certain parts of the body, like the hands. Also, so many teachers out there claim to show you how to feel chi but they don't, my experiences are very hit and miss so I'll wait for some others to drop in their 2 cents and say which trainings do it quick or such.

Andy

Unequivocally yes!

ZmwfF6kzlAE

I'll turn the question around for fun - does qi exist outside our ability to feel it?

;)

PS - this video is not meant to insult anyone - I just love the "I felt it!" part...

Yes, but yesterday I was trying to feel Yin qi, vs Yang qi.

Does anyone have tips on how to differentiate and feel the various types of qi? I think this would be important to healing and martial arts?

yes indeeedy...

the feeling for me almost always comes "up" from contact with the earth as I do form/meditate or even make love!

the difference between yin & yang qi - may be best expressed as the giving and taking of energy... which is directly related to healing and hurting both! :rolleyes::angry:

it is the give and take of basic energy we open ourselves up to...

Yes.

In some ways when you develop increased sensitivity to Qi you realize that some of the feelings you already have are Qi anyway you just didn't recognize them as such.

I think everyone, even people who don't do any sort of practice, feels chi. It's as basic as experiencing your own emotions or picking up on the vibes of strangers.

i was wondering is chi something that you can actually feel?

Here is what I have found through many years of projecting qi and practicing qigong.

Everyone has a different level of sensitivity to qi. Some who have never felt it in their lives and have never read anything whatsoever about qi, qigong, Taoism, etc, are able to feel qi immediately. Others, who have even practiced Tai Jee for over 10 years still can't feel it.

Most folks who come to my qigong workshops feel qi by the end of the workshop even if they have never heard of qigong before hearing about the workshop. Teaching people how to practice qigong and raising their energy body vibration rate through direct energy manipulation improves their sensitivity level so that they too can feel qi strongly.

Qi has always existed; we as a society have been taught that such things are not real by our family and peers. So, when an individual starts knowing for herself/himself that there exists more than meets the eye, they start seeking these practices.

So are we really teachers or would it be more appropriate to be called awakeners (cogs in the Tao wheel to be there for each individual that seeks us)?

For the average layman's point of reference, I've always wondered how much of the feeling of orgasm can be said to be qi?

Guest artform

For the average layman's point of reference, I've always wondered how much of the feeling of orgasm can be said to be qi?

Yes to feeling it strongly. Yes to my wife feeling it if I project while caressing her. Yes to the same root energies (Jing-Chi-Shen) potentially all being potentially present in varied forms of orgasm.

I find Chi Walking, standing ground contact quite strong exchanges. exploring the differentiation of these and their Yin and Yang forms. The John Chan video appearing again here reminded me of his Yin Chi accumulation in the perineum area and Yang Chi accumulation in the lower front abdominal area. I am working on clearer sensing of the Yin Yang Chi differentiation.

all the best energies to all

artform

Edited by artform

when working with chi you MUST feel it to work with it. Visualization is worthless.

I disagree in the most gentlemanly way. Visualization in most systems may be worthless but in others it is the key to starting and it works EFFORTLESSLY and it works ALL the time. :)

I disagree in the most gentlemanly way. Visualization in most systems may be worthless but in others it is the key to starting and it works EFFORTLESSLY and it works ALL the time. :)

maybe what he means is that feeling the Qi means more connection with the body, and not being locked up at brain level, i.e visualisation etc.

now, that being said, allow me to make a point:

VISUALISATION DOES WORK. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT HOW "GOOD WISHES" AND "CURSES" TAKE EFFECT IN EVERYDAY LIFE, AND HOW "DAYDREAMS" COME TO REALITY. EVERY INVENTION EVER DESIGNED, THE VERY THING I'M WRITING THIS SILLY MESSAGE WITH, HAS ONCE BEEN ONLY A VISUALISATION IN SOMEONE'S MIND. it does a hell'uva good job...

on the other hand, another form of being loked inside your own head would be the idea that everybody's a moron and we are the only one thqt knows anything of value.

i doubt that the secrets of Jing Qi and Shen have been mapped out completely. open mind is still a requirement, a prerequisite. you'll be in for big suprises if you don't. well, i don't mean you, i mean "you, generally".

up until now, regarding Qi work, and even Jing, and Shen, I think "Intent" is the key. i'm not so sure what Intent really is, come to think of it

^_^

L1

Edited by Little1

maybe what he means is that feeling the Qi means more connection with the body, and not being locked up at brain level, i.e visualisation etc.

now, that being said, allow me to make a point:

VISUALISATION DOES WORK. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT HOW "GOOD WISHES" AND "CURSES" TAKE EFFECT IN EVERYDAY LIFE, AND HOW "DAYDREAMS" COME TO REALITY. EVERY INVENTION EVER DESIGNED, THE VERY THING I'M WRITING THIS SILLY MESSAGE WITH, HAS ONCE BEEN ONLY A VISUALISATION IN SOMEONE'S MIND. it does a hell'uva good job...

on the other hand, another form of being loked inside your own head would be the idea that everybody's a moron and we are the only one thqt knows anything of value.

i doubt that the secrets of Jing Qi and Shen have been mapped out completely. open mind is still a requirement, a prerequisite. you'll be in for big suprises if you don't. well, i don't mean you, i mean "you, generally".

up until now, regarding Qi work, and even Jing, and Shen, I think "Intent" is the key. i'm not so sure what Intent really is, come to think of it

^_^

L1

Visualization is linear and considered body/mind. Yes, body/mind medicine works.

BUT

Qi and qi projection operate on the non-linear (quantum) level and are potentially instantaneous and potentially no limitation on amplitude. If you involve the mind, then you have a finite outcome (brain waves can be measured). So visualization is limiting, while utilizing INTENT, which doesn't involve the mind, potentially has no limitations. I define INTENT as "that through which manifestation occurs utilizing energy." In other words, INTENT is a quantum level event. I describe this in detail in this book.

Visualising is a foundation practice. It is far from worthless, it is useful.

If however, you are still 'only' visualising after some considerable time, an intervention of some kind would be needed to shift the situation into something more palpable being experienced.

Visualising is a foundation practice. It is far from worthless, it is useful.

If however, you are still 'only' visualising after some considerable time, an intervention of some kind would be needed to shift the situation into something more palpable being experienced.

It is my opinion that you can help someone feel his own Qi quite easily. I must say this is an opinion because I haven't done a lot of teaching, but my experience leads me to strongly believe this.

I could be wrong. Some people are stubborn in this respect.

Anybody remember "Buddy"? :lol:

Cat

I would not go so far as to say visualization is a foundation practice.

IN the example of the question posed "is Qi something you can feel" I would hasten to add that it isn't at all necessary to visualize in order to feel Qi.

For that I think structure and breath are much more important.

My teacher emphasizes the three layer approach.

Structure

Breath

Visualization

This corresponds to

Jing

Qi

Shen

They are all important in Qigong, Taiji, Neigong or whatever you are calling the practice you are doing.

My teacher says that without all three you don't have Qigong.

It is possible to Overemphasize visualization. In my opinion Healing Tao system does Overemphasize this aspect. It is also my opinion that it is easy to fall into the trap of ONLY visualization, and not to explore/refine structure and breath.

Craig

I was taught that qi in perfect balance produces no sensations. But of course, we're almost never in proper balance. So yes, I do feel it.

hmmm... I respect your opinion, maybe I will give it another shot. Did you know Einstein used trance and visualization to come up with the theory of relativity?

hmmm... I respect your opinion, maybe I will give it another shot. Did you know Einstein used trance and visualization to come up with the theory of relativity?

Very interesting. Some systems use visualization while others dont at all. It just depends on how the system uses it as to whether or not it's actually effective.

I was taught that qi in perfect balance produces no sensations. But of course, we're almost never in proper balance. So yes, I do feel it.

I would say that statement is neither correct nor incorrect. When you arent completely focused on your breathing you dont hardley even notice that you are doing it which can apply to chi aswell but I disagree, sort of, that in perfect harmony you cant feel it because there are alot of people with blockages that dont feel chi and obviously they arent perfectly balanced.

Sign in to follow this