Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

excess earth

Okay, I'm having trouble researching how to disperse excess earth... Other than cayenne pepper, anybody know any good foods? Or techniques? I know you are supposed to tonify wood to control earth, but I forget what that means... I am hitting a blank for some reason, with all my tons of books and carefully copied notes...

How does excess Earth show up for you?

Wood is the liver. So strengthen the liver to control the earth. If you have an acupuncturist close, that person could also send some of the excess energy to the Earth's child Metal, in case it is empty...

hmmmmmmm... very likely you know all that but wanted me to be more specific, right?

Ah. Do the 5 element sound for the Earth... that might help...

Harry

Okay, I'm having trouble researching how to disperse excess earth... Other than cayenne pepper, anybody know any good foods? Or techniques? I know you are supposed to tonify wood to control earth, but I forget what that means... I am hitting a blank for some reason, with all my tons of books and carefully copied notes...

5997[/snapback]

Who's having trouble with excess earth, and what are their circumstances?

White coated tongue, heavy/sluggish, lots of damp in all forms including congestion and mucus, digestive problems, obsessive worrying, etc. etc.

I finally dug up stuff on this but it's at home and I ain't so I'll post it later.

White coated tongue, heavy/sluggish, lots of damp in all forms including congestion and mucus, digestive problems, obsessive worrying, etc. etc.

I finally dug up stuff on this but it's at home and I ain't so I'll post it later.

6016[/snapback]

O.k. This is not REAL Earth excess. It is actually Earth weakness leading to dampness in the body which itself might lead to stagnation & in the end fire... get some earth STRENGTHENING herbs and eat better (if you can)... avoid fried stuff & similar. Proper nourishment is the key!!! And Mich Winn would say: Do OCEAN BREATHING!

Acupuncturist told her earth excess. Pulse, tongue diagnosis matches.

6022[/snapback]

Japanese or TCM acupuncturist?

TCM acupuncturist.

Maybe what I have is what you said though, I have similar symptoms to her, minus the white tongue.

Also it's been damper than usual here (weather wise)

TCM acupuncturist.

Maybe what I have is what you said though, I have similar symptoms to her, minus the white tongue.

Also it's been damper than usual here (weather wise)

6027[/snapback]

See. The Japanese with their Miridian oriented style acupuncture might speak about Ecess in the spleen meridian meaning that there is a surplus of energy which misses somewhere else...

In TCM there might be Spleen Heat or something, but that would call for heat signs (sure can say that Heat equals Excess, but again we need the heat signs like hot hands/feets, red lips etc...)

the white tongue stands for phlegm accumulation. If yours misses that it might still me very "fluid-like" (meaning: much fluid on the tongue) which might hint towards dampness...

HOw's this for advice.

Don't do anything, don't worry about it. This to shall pass like the flowing of the seasons.

Peace

Michael

Sometimes what we think is the disease is really the cure

Have to respectfully disagree with you Michael... The goal I see it as trying not to be as far out of balance or stopping the pendulum from swinging quite so far. Leads to better health and as TCM folks know, health and emotional well-being are intricately bound together... "don't worry" isn't something someone with Earth issues can do without acupuncture, food changes, environmental changes, healing sounds, or qi gong. Sometimes all of those.

Way I see it, u cant have too much earth, it balances all da other elements! But if you need more go to the tree and if you need less go to the metal. So my persciption is that you need to smoke the tree to balance the mother and daughter.

Sign in to follow this