Gerard

The power of Internal Martial Arts

MMA got the name for being the big thing in Martial arts an long time ago becasue of the first few competitions where people from every style jumped in

now everyone is doing basically the same styles, a few punches one or two kick (excpet for some notable exceptions) and ground work

however, now it is a a sport not style vs style but a sport where poeple have got hooked into the rules

where people ask if a TKD fella or a wing chun guy has ever won a UFC bout, well no of course he hasn't becasue he is not fighting under his sporting rules, also put the ufc guys into a tkd bout they wouldn't do too well either.

great epople to look up for a reality system is Geoff Thompson and iain Abernethy. 2 gentleman who have really looked into and used their arts

one thing from these gentlemen i would like to bring up is...

Martials arts are not for a square go, a one on one fight that you train for and are mentally and phycaill prepared. it is fro when things explode against untrain guys who are running screaming and snarling at you. even trained fighter at this point don;t always fall back on their training, look at the Mike tyson Lennox Lewis press conferance when it kicked off, they did put their guards up and use faints and jabs, they just went straight in. not boxing but brawling

I would take BJJ but i would want to train specifically on how to get back up froma grapple, and how to qucikly damage some one ina grapple, not how to roll for a long time, it give his friends or even some puch happy passer by too much time to use my head like a football

Hm, nah I disagree. Dont you believe it matters on the fighter? And there was a wing chun guy in the first UFC im pretty sure.. He did horrible but another one did great supposedly. I know what your saying about fighting by there own rules but hey they go into the ring knowing that dont they?

Also the reason people conform to martial arts like BJJ is because there effective, and when they get you unless you know how to get out your often in trouble. I'll still call the guy who does TKD and does BJJ the TKD guy.. It depends on the fighter and these fighters are expressing the art the way they want.

Taiji sucks!!

Bagua Rules!!!

:)

Guys, IT WAS A JOKE!! DID YOU NOT SEE THE SMILEY FACES???????????????

I was ribbing TzuJanLi,

Taiji soaks with qi the tendons

Bagua squeeze the qi out of tendons

No, not true... both course Qi through and open the meridians.. Taiji, though, has the ability to "accumulate" a greater amount of Qi IMO.

Greetings..

I was ribbing TzuJanLi,

If i may vouch for Bill (Baguakid).. his skill, knowledge, and most importantly, his sincerity, has my deepest respect.. i hold Bill in high regard, he has spent years in China dedicated to study and learning.. i enjoy his good-natured quirkiness.. we are Kung Fu brothers, each spending many years at the Wah Lum Kung Fu Temple under GM Chan Pui.. Bill is open and kind in his sharing of some real knowledge, we can all benefit by some simple attentiveness and genuine curiosity.. (Thanks Bill).. oh, and.. Bagua is for those too twisted to walk around freely, we just keep you guys in those nice little circles.. :D

Be well..

I'm working on the links..

I recently moved to Washington state. I have studied mainly Karate, and a little BJJ, but I am becoming more intrested in studying internal martial arts and wanted to know if anyone knows how to find a good teacher or school for this?

Uploading an excellent e-book that contains an interview with Wang Xiangzhai (the creator of Yi Chuan) about the essence of Neijia:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3zmzdbqy3x

Very insightful and a must read by anyone interested in Chinese MA.

Enjoy!

Could you upload the book again?

And the book "Science of Neijia" if it is not the same.

• Like 1

Well, street fighters without a lot of experience are easy to beat but street fighters who know their shit can be very dangerous.The streets carry a greater sense of fear because you aren't dealing with a ring and rules! Less pattern reconition going on,which is why I've always agreed with Bruce Lee who said suppose you're trapped in a room with a 7.3 guy doped up on p.c.p. can you maintain your killer instinct?
True, there are a lot of additional factors out on the street vs in the dojo or in a ring.

A lot of stuff happens before a punch is even potentially thrown. For a fight to even happen in the streets, for instance, the situation generally must first escalate through a number of steps (although this could all happen within just a few minutes).

Have any of you ever been in a real street fight? Felt completely hostile intent staring you down? Felt your adrenalin dump? Felt the fear of the unknown...about how good he might be, what if he's armed, possible legal ramifications, etc.? Should I fight...or not?

It's one of the most visceral experiences you can have...because it taps directly into your primal survival instinct. These factors alone makes it different than any playful sparring against unarmed partners of known skill levels you've done in the gym - of any style. Where you are fighting against KNOWN variables in a controlled situation where the real goal is NOT to hurt each other. As opposed to fighting against UNknown variables in an UNcontrolled environment where the goal is TO hurt each other! And again, all of these come into play midway through the escalation before any punch is even thrown.

Experience with these situations will help accustom one to them...but unfortunately this type of experience is rarely ever simulated and hard to gain in any training gym. This inexperience will then make you less sure and confident in your first real-life confrontation and could lead to temporary "shell-shock."

So, I think Bruce Lee's general philosophy is still geared well for street fights. Keep it quick & simple. Mastery is about perfecting the simplest moves...not knowing the most different ones. Don't get fancy. Avoid going to the ground. Be the firstest with the mostest. Get in and get out. Strive for maximum effectivity & efficiency.

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Uploading an excellent e-book that contains an interview with Wang Xiangzhai (the creator of Yi Chuan) about the essence of Neijia:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3zmzdbqy3x

Very insightful and a must read by anyone interested in Chinese MA.

Enjoy!

Could you upload the book again?

And the book "Science of Neijia" if it is not the same.

Yes, could somebody please re-UL this e-book again? Link's dead.. :(

Xin Yi Liu He Quan

I love this devastating martial art and wish I could find someone to teach me.

I found these videos on a discussion forum. Enjoy.

videos